002; christmas

bills [discontinued] READ LAST CHAPTER!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Ooh, the two of you have a Christmas date after work?" Linna cooed upon Eunchan and Chanran informing the cousins of their plans for tonight.

The four co-workers were conversing while pre-closing as it was just a little after five o'clock and quietly worked around customers with ease as the crowd trickled in bit by bit for today's Christmas special set. So far, the cousins were getting along much better with their new co-workers and work environment. Anyhow, it was just the six as Minjee left an hour earlier to deal with her own Christmas date with her boyfriend, Kim Hyundong. Jiwon worked this morning, taking care of business aspects all morning. She only left two hours ago for her own Christmas date with Minwoo.

"Yes." The duo replied with a happy nod before shifting their attention onto the pair of sisters.

"What about you four?"

"Yeah. Any romantic dates?"

"Or hanging out with a boyfriend?"

"Or a girlfriend?"

"No boyfriend or girlfriend." The quartet deadpanned with a laugh following a second later.

"However, we're just gonna watch movies, eat, and chill like usual." Serena answered with a small laugh as Kierra agreed.

"Yeah, we usually go back home around this time, but this year we actually decided to stay and see how things go here instead."

"Well, we might be doing something this year here after all." Melanie suddenly said, causing the others to be interested in what she had meant except for Linna.

"What do you mean by 'we' and not just you and Yiseul?" 

Serena shot her a suspicous look.

"I don't remember you mentioning any other plans involving me or Yiyeon."

"Ooh, what kinda plans tonight?" Eunchan cooed, interested.

"Yeah, tell us."

Chanran also leaned closer with a goofy smile.

"Tell us everything."

Serena eyed them with a playful look.

"Don't the two of you have something else better to do?"

"No." They instantly answered as they all just stopped doing what they were doing and intently focused on the cousins.

"Go ahead."

"Well, you see..." Melanie began before trailing off just as the door chimed, indicating a customer had either entered or had just left.

Kierra and Serena let out relieved breaths while the male duo huffed a bit at not hearing whatever Melanie was gonna say. Linna chuckled and told them they'll find out later before focusing her attention on the customers which happened to be Sujin and Woojoo.

"Oh, hi." The cousins greeted their friends, but the older two were confused.

"What are y'all doing here?"

"They didn't tell you?" Woojoo responded, puzzled, while pointing towards Linna and Melanie.

"No."

"Well, we made plans for later tonight." Sujin informed, as she and Woojoo leaned on the front counter.

"What's exactly is happening tonight though?" Kierra inquired, curiously.

"Just a get-together with friends at an amusement park." Woojoo answered.

"They didn't tell us anything."

"Ooh, invested." Eunchan commented as Chanran cooed in agreement.

"Mmhmm. Invested."

"Nah, go do some cleaning or stocking or something."

Serena began shooing them away.

"No. We wanna hear."

The pair started whining, but eventually Kierra and Serena got them to go about doing other things as the pair returned to the others.

"Don't worry, they'll join us for tonight."

"Join what?" The older two asked as their sisters cast them with a mischievous smile.

"You'll see."

Later that evening, Kierra and Serena eventually found themselves at Lotte World alongside their sisters, two friends, and quite a crowd of others they attended school with. The seven males from the other day were present and were casually conversing with their other mutual friendss, too. Still, Serena and Kierra were a bit apprehensive as they preferred a smaller outing due to not socializing as much as their sisters. Then again, Melanie and Linna weren't looking forward to the nightly outing either upon seeing Jake and Sunghoon, respectively, within the crowd. The duo assumed it would be just them hanging out tonight with Woojoo, Sujin, and their other female friends. They weren't expecting several males to join their party.

"Let's turn back." Kierra suggested, whispering for only the three to hear.

"They did not say that he would be here and so I don't want to be here."

By 'he', Kierra meant Jay.

"I'm with Kierra on this though. I thought it would just be a girls' night out and not a class friend trip." Linna agreed with a slight nervous tone.

"I didn't think he would be joining us, too."

For Linna, 'he' was Sunghoon. Despite how she found him cute and all, that didn't mean she wanted to be around him like this. She was okay at keeping her distance.

"Maybe it won't be that bad." Melanie reasoned with a calm demeanor as Serena shot her a weird look.

"Didn't you like run away last time from Jake when the others came to Simplistic?"

"I didn't run away from Jake. The dishes needed to get cleared up."

"Right."

"Anyway," Kierra interjected, "Melanie actually gets along with Jake though."

Linna nodded.

"Yeah. They're a lot closer compare to me and Kierra."

Melanie rolled her eyes.

"He's just a classmate and my math tutor."

"Again, why did you run away when he came in that night with the others?" Serena inquired with a quirk brow, not dropping the matter.

Melanie nonchalantly gave her sister a vague answer.

"Because I can."

"Right."

Melanie dimissed the issue.

"Besides, I mean, if you actually think about it, we all don't have to do the same thing as them since there's so many of us and it's not like they would notice. So yeah, we can hang out in different areas and even do different things, too."

She cast the others with a knowing look.

"Anyway, it's not like Riki, Jungwon, Sunoo, and the others are gonna bother with just hanging out with only us for the night, too."

Melanie reasoned.

"Besides, I'm pretty sure there's a few of them that just wanna get this chance to hang out with each other or whatever."

"True, but that depends if we can do anything since it's super crowded tonight." Kierra commented with a sigh as Serena agreed.

"Yeah. I forget that a lot of couples and families come to these places during special days and what not."

Their friends and several other voices loudly called out for the quartet, realizing they'd fallen behind and hurried on over to the rather large group just outside the major recreation complex with polite smiles.

"Hi." The quartet politely greeted the party.

Introductions were made out of formality.

"Okay, cool. Now we're introduced." Ni-Ki beamed.

"Let's go on the Atlantis Adventure!"

He immediately hooked arms with Serena and Kierra while pulling them along in the direction of the building.

"Can't we do a different one? I would prefer if we did something else before the Atlantis Adventure." Serena complained with Kierra agreeing.

"Yeah. Something like the World Monorail or the Fantasy Dream at least?"

"Ooh, if so, then I vote for the Gyro Drop or Gyro Swing!" Ni-Ki suggested instead with a laugh.

"Then the Atlantis Adventure."

Serena continued to complain.

"Nah, not yet. Let's do a simplier ride before doing the big ones."

She turned to look over at her shoulders to find Sunoo.

"Sunoo, please help me."

"What do you want me to do?" Sunoo responded back as Serena chuckle.

"Take me away."

"Nah."

"No more mint choco for you!"

"Ugh, fine!"

Sunoo ran to catch up with the trio as Serena broke free from Ni-Ki's grasp and hooked arms with Sunoo as the pair ran away, giggling.

"Yah! What about me?!" Kierra called after them, but the pair ignored her.

Ni-Ki grinned as he pulled Kierra closer.

"You still got me."

"You're gonna pay for all the rides you make me go on tonight and you'll regret it."

"Fine by me."

Kierra grumbled as Ni-Ki laughed as the rest of the party stared after them either amused or confused before following after them, discussing their own plans of what to do or not do.

"Alright, who allowed Riki to take us on the Jungle Adventure for a third time?" Both Kierra and Serena asked their sisters as the quartet were in the restroom drying themselves off after going on the ride through the rapids inside a dark cave a few minutes ago.

"Because, this is just too much."

After going around Magic Island and being the ones to partake in the rides with Ni-Ki for most of them, the party headed back towards Adventure to check out the other attractions inside that were less exciting. Of course, none of the others wanted to partake in the water ride with Ni-Ki and opted for another activity instead. So the quartet entertained the younger male whereas the rest went somewhere else to play. He enjoyed the ride so much, he persuaded the quartet to go on it two more times despite getting splashed in the process all over again and again despite the cold weather.

"The both of you did." Both Melanie and Linna confirmed, just as annoyed.

"Oh, yeah."

The four continued to pat themselves dry as best as possible, knowing how cold it was inside the theme park itself. They hoped they wouldn't get sick because of it just to give their friend some memories. For now, they would just have to check themselves once they get home. Once they exited the restroom, Ni-Ki patiently waited for them while playing on his phone. He looked up when they neared as he smiled, playfully.

"The majority are at the skating rink and they're waiting for us to join them. Unless y'all wanna join the newly formed couples doing couple stuff."

Please log in to read the full chapter