021; feels

bills [discontinued] READ LAST CHAPTER!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Looks good, Chaewon." Jake said as he handed Melanie back her paper.

"Thanks, Jake."

She let out a deep breath, feeling slightly relieved after hearing those words.

"I really thought I wouldn't get it in the end as this seems way difficult than before."

Jake chuckled.

"Like I keep saying, you're a fast learner and easy to teach. Have more confidence in yourself."

"Thanks, Jake, but I still think I'll fail the finals coming up in two weeks though."

"No worries. Just keep doing what you've been doing all this time. Besides, you still got me."

A small smile graced her lips.

"Thanks and I do, don't i?"

Melanie happily scanned the paper while Jake quietly observed her with a soft smile on his face. The pair were nearing the end of their math tutoring despite a mishap from earlier. Hyewon happened to followed Melanie to the library in hopes of seeking Jake's help with her own mathematic studies just the two of them. Of course, Jake politely declined his assistance as he was scheduled to tutor Melanie and not with her. Hyewon persisted, stating that he could always teach and study with Melanie another time as they were boyfriend and girlfriend. As for Hyewon, she needed the extra help and continued the argument that was until her boyfriend came to drag her away. Jinwoong was not pleased while roughly pulling his girlfriend away and staring daggers at Jake.

"Hmm, maybe I'll definitely be ready for the finals coming up." Melanie commented unaware of Jake watching her.

Another smile graced Jake's face.

"Hey, when our session ends, Chaewon, do you, perhaps, want to get something to eat or drink?"

Melanie surprisingly looked up from her paper at Jake.

"Why?"

It was more out of curiosity than suspicion.

"Don't you have dance practice after this though? I'm pretty sure the Dance Showcase is more important than a small date."

Despite the two just going with the flow with their overall situationship even though Melanie recalled how things have been since late last year and even at the start of the new school term, they were coridal with one another. Although, Melanie had a feeling that her feelings were starting to feel some sort of way over time and she wasn't sure if she wanted to put her heart on the line like that when Jake has just been sweet and caring towards her.

"I did, but I thought we could hangout, doing stuff just the two of us instead of with Sunghoon and Yiseul."

A slow smile brightened Jake's features once again. He leaned closer and spoke in a whisper-like manner.

"Besides, I need to commit better as Jeon Hyewon has been too persistence despite having that boyfriend of hers around."

Melanie laughed as Jake continued, enjoying the fact he made Melanie laughed.

"Of course, despite her telling me the other day that she was the one that wrote that letter and not you. I knew it wasn't you based on your handwriting, but I didn't think things would turn out like this at all. Also, I'm a man of my word to keep you safe."

He flashed her that same charming smile of his at her.

"What do you say?"

Melanie laughed again before nodding.

"Sure, I guess."

Melanie hesitated a bit.

"Are you sure your teammates won't be mad at you for skipping practice?"

Jake shrugged nonchalantly.

"Nah. They'll be fine without me for one practice."

"Are you sure?"

"Definitely."

He grinned as she slowly nodded, accepting Jake's answer. Maybe Melanie could ask him about their current relationship and see if they'll actually get that 'later' talk.

"Great, because there's this cool place nearby with a batting cage and we can go there."

"Oh, I see."

Her response didn't sound all that positive to Jake.

"Um, did you want to do something else?"

"Oh, no, no. It's all good and I really don't mind. It sounds like a nice place, so let's go with your idea."

Melanie flashed him a reassuring smile despite not being into the physicality of sports all that much in general despite growing up and being force to participate in such activities by her brothers and cousins. However, her sister and female cousins made it bearable from time to time over the years.

"Jinah and Chaejin were right about you, Yonghee." Linna commented with a giggle.

The male laughed with a disbelief tone.

"What do you mean, Yiseul?"

"You are a math genius and a good tutor."

"Oh, that. Ha, yeah, no worries, Yiseul. Glad to know."

He dismissed it with a good-nature attitude.

"To be honest, when Jinah told me about your situation, I really thought you would just give up and not attend, but surprisingly, you make things a whole lot easier."

He flashed her a friendly smile.

"And honestly, you're a lot nicer than the others and actually pay attention to what I'm teaching you."

"I could say the same thing about you, too, Yonghee."

The two shared a laugh as Linna handed him her paper.

"I hope I'm ready for finalsin two weeks though."

She sighed, deeply.

"I mean, I did okay on my midterms, but I feel like I could've gotten a better score."

Yonghee nodded as he went over the problems he had given her before speaking.

"Have you been keeping up with the flashcards and just repetition studying as I've mentioned?"

"Kinda of." Linna responded with a sheepish laugh as Yonghee gave her a pointed look.

"You really do remind me of Chaejin with her studying."

"How so?"

"I gave her tips on learning math better, but she got sidetracked a lot."

"Yeah, I wouldn't doubt so, but I promise to do what you tell me to do on studying."

"Good."

Yonghee nodded as he continued to grade her work before marking something on the paper and handing it back to her.

"Don't beat yourself up too much and just have more confidence. Trying is a lot better than not trying."

He flashed her another smile.

"Anyway, just keep doing what you're doing right now like reviewing your notes, keep going through problems, and you'll be ready for the finals."

"Thanks a lot, Yonghee."

"You're welcome. If you do need further help, then don't hesitate to contact me."

The two shared another smile as Linna made a suggestion.

"Do you think you'll be free to tutor me more often leading to finals week though?"

"Yeah of cou-"

Just as Yonghee was about to agree to it in a nonchalant manner, his eyes happened to catch something from behind Linna and he stopped in mid-sentence. His expression quickly shifted and he kindly declined her suggestion.

"Actually, I would, Yiseul, but I don't think I'll be able to do that."

Linna's brows furrowed.

"Why not? You just offered to though."

"I know, but..."

He chuckled sheepishly as Linna awaited for the rest of what he would say.

"Well, I don't think your boyfriend would appreciate me spending too much time with you like that though."

"Boyfriend?"

"Mmhmm."

Linna was puzzled.

"What do you mean?"

Yonghee discreetly motioned with his eyes for Linna to look behind her about what he had meant. So, she briefly glanced over her shoulders, noticing Sunghoon standing several feet away, staring at the pair intently. Linna reppressed a smile and a laugh from escaping as she faced Yonghee again.

"Don't worry about him."

"That makes me worry more. Chaejin was in quite a few similar incidents like this and one of the reasons we broke up."

"Really?"

"Mmhmm, but I don't blame her for that though." Yonghee reassured Linna with a smile.

"Okay, and Yonghee, don't worry. He's not the jealous type and I won't let him beat you up for helping me with schoolwork either."

Yonghee nodded with a laugh.

"Alright, I'll take your word for it."

"Okay, cool, and I'll see you on Tuesday, yeah?"

"Yeah."

"I'll be leaving first then to ease the tension."

Yonghee laughed once more with a nod.

"Okay and thank you, Yiseul. Take care."

"You, too, Yonghee, and you're welcome."

Linna gathered her things as Yonghee remained seated in his chair. She waved goodbye before making her way over to an awaiting Sunghoon. She watched as he watched her coming up to him.

"Could you please not glare at my tutor, Park Sunghoon?"

"I wasn't glaring, Jung Yiseul."

"You were because he felt like you were gonna do something to him."

"I would never."

"Right."

She eyed him knowingly, but dismissed the matter.

"Anyway, why are you here?"

Sunghoon didn't want to say the real reason on to why he was present, but he figured he might as well tell her some of the truth.

"Rika sent me a photo of the two of you a while ago, making a big deal about it."

"Oh, I see. So you ended up ditching your dance practice to come check in on me?"

"Mmhmm. I didn't want her to cause you any further trouble than she already has and so here I am."

"Ah, okay. Well, thank you, Sunghoon. Now, I'll be on my way and you can get back to dance practice since y'all got that showcase coming up."

Linna flashed him a small smile before walking past him. Sunghoon strided alongside her. She eyed him before facing forward.

"Shouldn't you be going back to dance practice?"

"They won't miss me."

"Are you sure?"

"I could miss the rest of this one for today."

"Oh, I see."

Before she could tell him something, his question caught her off guard.

"Could I hold your hand, Yiseul?"

"Excuse me?"

Sunghoon repeated his question, but Linna wasn't sure why he wanted to hold her hand all of a sudden. However, Linna should've been used to it by now, but every time it does occur, it still gives her warm-fuzzy feelings. Sunghoon flashed Linna a small smile and she nodded a bit shyly, but trying to play it off nonchalantly.

"Yes, I guess you can hold my hand, Sunghoon, if you want to."

She partially lifted her left hand that was closes to his as Sunghoon gently took it in his own. It felt warm as the two exited the library, but Linna was unaware that Rika had lingered around after

Please log in to read the full chapter