It's YOU again?

Let Me Hear Your Voice [On Hold]

 

whoa...Sooyoung was so pretty during the performance at Music Station! Well...she's always pretty, but she's the prettiest when she's performing because you can see from her smile how much she's enjoying it!

I'm in my fangirl mode again, so please just ignore me and enjoy this chapter! It's longer than usually^^

 

 

 

“Excuse me...”

Sooyoung, still in her thoughts, started when she suddenly felt a light tap on her shoulder. Luckily she didn't shriek like she usually did when she was surprised like this. A little embarrassed because of her jumpiness, she looked up into a blonde girl's face, hoping that she didn't look too scared.

“Uhm...yeah?”, she shyly asked and hoped her face wasn't as red as she thought. The other girl scratched her head and smiled apologetically at her.

“Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you...Actually I wanted to ask if I could sit down next to you if it's ok for you...and if the place isn't occupied...”

Sooyoung looked at the other girl from head to toe. Blond and wavy long hair that made her face seem a little bit foreign, a bright and friendly smile, casual and more comfortable clothes.

Seems to be nice...

Sooyoung smiled at the girl and made room for her to sit down.

“Yeah, sure.”

While the girl settled down, Sooyoung watched her with interest. This girl seemed to be an easy going person. From her styling Sooyoung infered that this girl was rather the sporty and active type. She wasn't a common beauty like some other girls Sooyoung had already seen on the campus, but she had some unique charms. The girl noticed that Sooyoung was examining her and just smiled.

“Well...I'm Kim Hyoyeon”, the girl introduced herself. “Let's get along well.”

“Ne.” Sooyoung bowed down as much as possible while sitting. “I'm Choi Sooyoung. Please take good care of me.”

Sooyoung only heard a giggle and looked up at Hyoyeon with a surprised expression on her face. Why was she laughing? Did she do something strange again? Sooyoung frowned a little.

“Ah, sorry. I didn't mean to make fun of you...but it's too cute. You seem very well mannered. Are you from a rich family? But still you don't have to be this formal. I mean..we're the same age, right? How old are you?”

“Uh...I guess so...I'm 18...”

“Me too. My birthday is the 22nd September.”

“Really?...that's in a month...”

“I know” Hyoyeon smiled at her. “So...and when is your birthday?”

“Mine?” Sooyoung's cheeks reddened a little. She hasn't been asked this question a lot, so she was quite happy. “...it's the 10th February.”

“Hm...I'm older than you. So...I'm your eonni.” Hyoyeon smirked at the younger girl. “Don't even dare calling me Hyoyeon-shi. Just Hyoyeon is enough. Or if you think that honorifics are important, then call me Hyo-eonni. Arasso?”

Sooyoung blushed a little and just nodded with her head. Hyoyeon seemed to have a really strong personality. She envied her a little that it was that easy for Hyoyeon to talk to other people while she herself still had some difficulties to start a conversation. But maybe it was good to become her friend. Like this she could learn to talk to other people without getting nervous all the time.

“Geez...you're really cute!”, Hyoyeon squealed and ruffled through Sooyoung's hair, making the younger girl move back a little.

“Eonni...”, Sooyoung pouted and straightened her her. “Don't do this...aish...you're the same like...” Sooyoung stopped in the middle of the sentence, blushing when she almost said his name, and shook her head. “ah, forget it...”

“Hm?” Hyeyeon lifted an eyebrow and grinned. “I'm like who? Hey Soo-baby, you're face is all read. Could it be that you're talking about your boyfriend?”

“Eh?!?” Now Sooyoung's face turned into a tomato. “Aniyo. I don't have a boyfriend. He's just my childhood friend...”

“But you like him a lot...or am I wrong?”

Sooyoung looked down to her hands. She pressed the fingertips of her pointer fingers against each other, an old habit she always did when she was nervous. And thinking about Hyukjae just made her nervous. No wonder since he was her first love....But this was so long ago...and he wasn't even interested in little girls. A 4 years age difference, of course he wouldn't notice her as a girl. To him she has always been the little sister, that was how they grew up together. And that was also how it would continue forever. It still hurt a little, but when he got his first girlfriend Sooyoung had already decided that she would never tell him about it. It was best not to destroy their friendship. And by the way...it wasn't like she hadn't been in love with other guys since then, but still he was her first love.

Hyoyeon watched Sooyoung's face changing for a minute before she sighted.

“It's ok, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to.”

“Ani...” Sooyoung shook her head and smiled at her eonni. “It's ok...I really like him a lot, but only as a brother. He was one of my first friends and we lived in the same street. But because he's older than me he always treated me like a little kid. He always did this with my hair and then we always faught! And he liked to tease me and make me cry!”

Sooyoung made a face when she thought back of the years when she was younger and Hyukjae always mocked her until she cried. Then her oppas would come and comfort her while he just stood there grinning. Chincha...what did she like about him? He wasn't that good looking like Siwon or Donghae nor was he nice and gentle like Changmin. So why on earth did she fall in love with him?

“Stupid question. Of course you know it....it was because of his eyes whenever he talked about his dream becoming the world best dancer. They were sparkling like stars and he always had this serious look...and then when he danced...it was just amazing...”

Sooyoung smiled and blushed a little when she thought back of the days she spent with him in the old warehouse which they used as their little hideout. He was the one who taught her dancing, the one who encouraged her to dance, the one who made her dream.

Hyeyeon watched her with a smile on her lips. But then she sighted and pretended to be a little down.

“It must be great to have such an nice childhood friend...”

“Aniyo!” Again Sooyoung shook her head. “Out of all my friends he was always the meanest! He was always the one who picked on me while Min and Won-oppa always protected me. Even Hae-oppa was nicer to me...well...but he was nice to any girls so that probably doesn't count that much...but still, all my other oppas are much nicer than him.”

“So...do you like any of your other oppas? Since they're this nice?”. Hyoyeon giggled.

“Eonni!” Sooyoung punched her arm. “Stop asking these ridiculous questions! I told you that they're my CHILDHOOD friends, nothing more!”

“Arasso, so stop punching me, little brat!”, Hyoyeon laughed and lifted her arms to protect herself from the younger girl's attacks. Finally Sooyoung stopped and the girls chit chatted about this and that until the teacher came in and the lecture began. Although Sooyoung wanted to make a good impression on her first day, soon her mind began drifting away to her childhood, the best time of her life, thanks to all her oppas. She smiled when she saw Hyukjae's face in front of her eyes.

Again Sooyoung's cheeks began flushing, but this time it wasn't because of Hyukjae. No, it was because of the thoughts of her other oppas and their good qualities. Changmin had always been nice to her although at school he was known as a troublemaker. But whenever he was with her and the others he turned into the nice and gentle, caring Min-oppa who always had a bunch of snacks with himself, ready to share them with only her. Donghae with the killer smile and the really handsome face. At school he has always been every girl's dream boyfriend. Good looks, sporty and most important he was a nice oppa, to every girl no matter if she was pretty or not. Whenever he saw that a girl needed help, he was there and took care of the problems like a gentleman, always with his killer smile on his lips, but when he was with her he immediately became a little kid, always making jokes and trying to prank other people. He has always been a kind person around her, even if he sometimes mocked her, he never intended to hurt anyone. That was also one of the reasons why the girls liked him that much. And then, there was also Siwon. Her beloved, handsome and nice cousin. Since he was her mother's little brother's wife's older sister's son, they weren't blood related, but a cousin was a cousin. And to her he always had been more than a cousin. He was like the older brother she never had and always protected her. He shared everything with her and always took her with him, even when the others forbid her come with them. Yeah...out of all these four guys, Siwon had always been the nicest to her. And he was really, really handsome...

Handsome...

Suddenly another faced appeared in her mind, a really handsome face with a killer smile just like Donghae's...or even better...and the face just came nearer and nearer until only a few inches parted their lips from each other. And then...althought it was just a memory, Sooyoung could still feel the soft and warm touch when their lips met, feel the heat climbing up her cheeks. Her heartbeat fastened and she had a feeling of anticipation in her stomach.

Geez...my day had been this good, so why do I have to think about this crazy jerk again? Chincha...if this hadn't happened this morning, my day would be perfect! Aish...It's so embarrassing! How could I let him steal my first kiss? I mean...I'm thankful that he helped me...but still, it was my first kiss! I wanted to have my first kiss with someone I love, not with an unfriendly jerk with no manners!...Well...somehow he's good looking...just a little bit...actually really super handsome...and his voice is just...but still this doesn't give him the right to kiss any girl he wants. But I guess for him this kiss wasn't even meaningful. I'm pretty sure he already kissed hundreds of other girls. Probably those super chic and pretty rich girls...Argh! Why do I have to think about something stupid like this? It’s not like I'll ever talk to him again, so why wasting time with thinking about this jerk Cho Kyuhyun?...Instead I should concentrate on the lecture!

But unfortunately her thoughts kept circling about him, so Sooyoung was really glad when the lecture ended and she could talk with her eonni to distract herself from thinking about him again. The tall girl stood up and stretched her long and slender arms.

“Whoa...you're really tall!”

“Hm?” Sooyoung turned to Hyoyeon and looked down to her with surprise.

“I mean...when I first saw you, you were sitting, and now...wow...you're so tall and slim...and your legs...aigoo! I've found such an pretty friend!”

The tall girl laughed a little and blushed when suddenly she felt the looks from all the guys in her bag. It made her feel uneasy to be stared at like this.

“Haha...eonni, stop joking!” She put on her knee long cardigan, took her bag with the one and Hyoyeon's hand with the other hand and dragged the older girl out of the room. “Why did you have to say this?”

“Soo...are you angry? I didn't want to offend you. And I'm honest. You're really pretty.”

“I'm not angry...I know that you didn't make fun of me...but it's scary...all these guys staring at you like you were just an object...it' really scary...”

Hyoyeon speeded up a little so that she was walking next to her friend.

“Mianhae...I didn't think of that...”

“It's ok.” Sooyoung turned her head to her friend and smiled at her. “It's not your fault that I'm not that good with other people...especially guys...I wanted to change...but sometimes I'm still scared of them...especially in situations like that...”

“Aigoo...you're so cute and shy!”

“I don't know if it's that good...”

“Don't worry!” Hyeyeon smiled up to the taller girl. “You're fine the way you are. Just ignore these staring guys. And if someone bothers you, then just call me, and eonni will take care of him.”

“Ne, kamsa hamnida. I'm really happy that it was you who sit down next to me.”

“Hehe, you can always count on me, Soo.”

Sooyoung smiled and nodded. “Ne, you can count on me too, eonni. No matter what, I'll always try my best to help you.”

The two girls went on until they finally reached the door to the school's park where they stopped. Sooyoung looked around, hoping that her oppas would see her right away. A little nervous, she began straightening her hair and rearranging her clothes until she suddenly felt two arms around her waist. Soon her feet lifted up from the ground and her body began whirling around the air.

“Kyaa! Let me down!”

She only heard a boy's laughter, but it was enough to make her knowing who was whirling her around.

“Hae-oppa!”, she squealed out of joy and her face began beaming.

Finally he let her down and she immediately turned around to look into the well known face. Although it has been 3 years, he hadn't changed a bit. He still hard this handsome face and his smile could still melt million girls' hearts.

“Geez...I missed you so much, baby.” He smiled and pulled her into a hug. “But damn...you grew so much...I still know the day we last saw each other. You only reached to my shoulders and cried your heart out when we said goodbye.” He then smirked at her. “Hm...you're really pretty now. I think you would be a top candidate for my girlfriend.”

“Ya! Stop talking this nonsense!” To cover her blushing face Sooyoung started to punch him, but he easily grabbed her wrists.

“Ya, don't always underestimate yourself, Youngie. You're a really pretty girl and every guy would be happy to call you his because besides from your pretty outer appearance, you're also kind and honest, cute and friendly, well mannered and polite and you have many talents. Ara?”

Donghae patted her head before he took her hand.

“Let's go. The other guys are waiting for you.”

“Ah, wait.” Sooyoung pointed at Hyoyeon who had been watching them for a little while. “Can she eat lunch with us? She's my friend.”

“Sure.” Donghae smiled at her. “I'm Lee Donghae, this crybaby's most popular and handsome oppa. Please be nice to her.”

“Ne, of course.” Hyoyeon smiled back at him. “I'm Kim Hyoyeon, nice to meet you.”

“Well then, let's go before our Shikshin is starving.”

Hyoyeon giggled when she watched Sooyoung's cheeks turning red while she punched her oppa again. The two started bickering but all the time they were smiling at each other, so Hyoyeon was pretty sure that Sooyoung meant him, when she was talking about that childhood friend.

Finally they reached a table under a big oak where 5 guys and 5 girls were sitting. One of the boys immediately stood up when he saw them coming.

“Soo...wait...”

Sooyoung turned around to her friend whose face got paler. She told Donghae to go ahead before she went to Hyoyeon and took her hand.

“Everything ok? You look really pale...”

“Uhm..yeah...” the blonde girl slowly answered. “I didn't know that you are friends with Lee Hyukjae....”

“Yeah...he's one of my oppas...you know him too?” Sooyoung was a little surprised. How small this world was.

“Hm...He's the friend of my cousin's boyfriend...and...actually...he's also the person I like...”

Sooyoung needed a few seconds before she understood what she just had heard. Her new best friend was in love with Hyuk-oppa?

Hyoyeon suddenly squeezed the taller girl's hands and looked up at her, the cheeks flushing.

“You'll help me, right? You said you'll do whatever you can, so can't you just set me up with him?...I...I liked him since a really long time...”

But I liked him even longer...

“We first met when my cousin's boyfriend and his friend came over...it..was love at first sight...so, if you know him from before, can't you just help me to get together with him?”

Sooyoung looked down into her friends eyes. She seemed to be totally in love with Hyuk-oppa...Sooyoung just couldn't do anything but nod.

“Ne...don't worry.” Her voice was on the verge of cracking and she had to clear before going on talking. “I'll help you, because...we're friends, right?”

Immediately the smaller girl's face began beaming and she hugged her taller friend.

“Kamsa hamnida, Soo. You're the best friend I could ever have!”

Sooyoung gulped before she smiled at Hyoyeon. Right now it was the only thing she could do. Didn't she gave up on him long ago? So why was her heart itching when she heard that her friend liked him? Shouldn't she tell Hyoyeon the truth, that she liked Hyukjae since she was little?...but no...she couldn't do it...she didn't want to loose her friend on the first day, just because she was selfish and wanted to have someone she could never have. Then it was better to just smile and act like nothing happened. Sooyoung took her hand and went towards the table, a fake smile on her lips.

“Ah, here they come!”, a male voice said and her three oppas immediately jumped up from their seats and opened their arms.

“She will come to me first!”

“Pah, stop dreaming, Changmin. She always liked me the most!”

“Ha! You're both wrong, I'm her beloved oppa!”, Siwon smirked.

“Geez...See, Youngie? They were all very excited when I told them that you were coming for lunch”, Hyukjae smiled, his arms still opened for a hug.

“Ne.” Sooyoung smiled back. “Hm...and who is going to receive the first hug?”, she tried to joke and laughed before she ran into Siwon's arms.

“Oppa...I missed you..”, she whispered and felt his strong arms around her. Immediately she felt a lot calmer and closed her eyes for a few seconds.

“I missed you too..”, he whispered back and bend down to her ears. “Did something happen? You don't look that happy...”

“It's ok...don't worry...I'm too happy that I can finally see you again to be sad...really, everything's fine.”

Finally she let go of him and turned to Changmin, with a bright smile on her face. “Oppa” was the only word she said. She then wrapped her arms around him and gave him a short hug. Back then they haven't done it differently, so it was ok for Changmin, even though he envied Siwon a little. To him, Sooyoung was always a little more distant...but that was probably his fault. Because he didn't want her to know that he liked her, he had been keeping a little distant between them, so it was no wonder that they weren't as close as he wished them to be.

Sooyoung then turned to Hyukjae and stuck her tongue out at him.

“You already got your hug. Don't be too greedy, Hyuk-oppa!”

“Geez..are you still angry that I “destroyed” your hairstyle?”, he pouted but then they grinned at each other. He then pointed at Hyoyeon. “Your friend?”

“Ne.” Sooyoung nodded. “She's Kim Hyoyeon.”

“Ah wait. Kyu's still missing. He wanted to get the drinks, so let's wait for him before we introduce each other, ok?”

The other agreed and settled down. While waiting for the missing person, Sooyoung tried to talk a little with the girls who was sitting there. One of them was Hyoyeon's cousin, Kim Taeyeon. All the other girls were her friends, two second years Hwang Miyoung (but she wanted to be called Tiffany) and Jung Sooyeon (better known as Jessica) and then there was also this pretty first year duo. They called themselves YoonYul since they were always together. The older one's name was Kwon Yuri while the younger one was called Im Yoona. Sooyoung was totally amazed. She had never seen such pretty girls before, and they were also very kind and friendly. Sooyoung didn't dare talking to the unknown guys yet so she kept talking to the girls and to her oppas.

Suddenly the girl next to her, Tiffany, stood up and pointed at someone.

“He's coming!”

Sooyoung eyes followed to the person Tiffany was pointing at...and froze.

“It's YOU?!?”

 

 

So? what do you think? Seems like Sooyoung still has some feelings for her oppas who are slowly beginning to see her as a girl. And then...I already said that it's a Kyuyoung story...but will Kyuhyun even have a chance? Who knows, who knows...to be honest...not even the author (me) knows its...

well...just tell me what you think about this chapter^^