A secret place

Let Me Hear Your Voice [On Hold]

 

“Are you sure that you don't need my help?”

Kyuhyun looked back at the limping girl. He had already offered his help but that kid just kept refusing, saying that everything is ok and it really doesn't hurt at all. But looking at her face already told him that she was lying. Of course it would hurt. After all she just stepped into broken glass just a few minutes ago. And now trying to walk around? Kyuhyun shook his head and stopped, waiting for his neighbour. Finally Sooyoung caught up with him and stopped, tilting her head a little.

“Why did you stop?”

“Don't be so stubborn, Soo. I know that it hurts a lot.”

“A-aniyo...I'm really fine. Don't bother yourself because of me.”

The young man rolled his eyes.

“You bother me more if you continue acting strong.”

“But it's just down the street. I can walk until there. Really.”

Kyuhyun let out a small frustrated sigh. Without saying anything further, he put his one arm behind her back and the other arm under her knees and lifted her up from the ground. Again he wondered how she could be this light. Meanwhile the girl in his arms blushed heavily. But instead of wriggling and telling him to put her down as she would have normally done, Sooyoung sighed a little exhausted. He was right. It really did hurt a lot. Each time she set her foot down on the ground it felt like if thousand of splinters were still in her foot and pushed deeper into her flesh. If she had to walk down the road, Sooyoung was sure, she probably would have started crying in the end.

“Kyuhyun-shi...is it really ok for you to carry me? I know I'm quite heavy so...”

Suddenly the dark haired man started laughing and tightened his grip around her.

“Are you kidding me? You and heavy? If you're heavy then I must be some overweighed person. Really. It's ok Soo. I'm a strong guy.”

Sooyoung's cheek flushed again as Kyuhyun winked at her. Luckily it was already dark outside and he couldn't see it but still, just to make sure, Sooyoung leaned her head against his chest, making her hair fall over her cheeks.

“Are you tired?”

“I'm not. Don't worry Kyuhyun-shi.”

Sooyoung heard a sigh escaping his mouth and looked up. The young man was pouting, what made him look really adorable. The brunette girl immediately rested her head back against his chest and hid her flushing face behind her hair. She tried to let her voice sound as normal as possible.

“I-is something wrong Kyuhyun-shi?”

“Why are you talking so formal?”

“It's...err...I...I don't know.” She hated herself for stuttering like this. “It's just...We don't know each other this well...”

“Really? So you mean we're like strangers?!

“A-aniyo!”

“Then please stop talking this formal. Cause I feel weird if you keep talking with honorifics while I already shortened your name.”

Now that he mentioned it Sooyoung noticed that he had been calling her just by 'Soo' all day long.

“The-then how..should I call you?”

“Hm...since I'm two years older than you...shouldn't you call me oppa?”

Again he flashed a wink in her direction and started walking down the road. The brunette girl in his arms kept silent and played with a streak of her wavy hair, twirling it around her finger, letting it down again. Somehow she suddenly felt bad for what she had been thinking about him. Kyuhyun seemed to rude at the beginning but now as she got a little closer to him, Sooyoung could say that he was a nice and caring person. Some things he said sounded really mean at the beginning but now that she was thinking about it she was sure that he didn't mean it. It was just his kind of humour that was a little bit different. He might seem cold and grumpy, but he just didn't talk much. His methods to help seemed a little rough but he just wanted the best for the person he helps.

“K-kyuhyun-sh...ah no...Kyuhyun...oppa...mianhaeyo...”

“Hm? What's wrong Soo? Why are you apologizing?”

“I...when we first met I really though that you were a jerk and I thought many bad things about you.”

To her surprise Kyuhyun just started chuckling above her. The brunette looked up in confusion.

“Really? You too?”

“What me too?”

“Don't worry, Soo. There are lots of people thinking like that about me. But I don't really care.” A smile appeared on his lips. “As long as my friends don't think like that it's ok.”

“But still...I'm sorry that I though that bad about you.”

“Hm...but I really behaved like a jerk in front of you so it's understandable. As long as you don't think like this about me now....”

Immediately the brunette shook her head.

“I don't! You're really nice to me. I think I even lik...” When she realized what she was about to say, Sooyoung's cheeks flushed and she stopped abruptly. “Ah...forget about the last part. What I wanted to say is that I changed my mind about you. Kyuhyun-o..oppa is a really nice person, caring and very attentive. And I think I will consider him as a friend from now on...”

The dark haired man chuckled about the cuteness of the girl in his arms and smiled softly at her.

“I think I'll consider you as a friend too.”

They finally arrived at the restaurant at the end of the road and Kyuhyun carefully let Sooyoung down in front of the door as she kept insisting to walk in herself because it would cause quite a stir if suddenly someone came in, carrying a girl. But this didn't held Kyuhyun back from wrapping an arm around her waist so that he would support her while walking. Though Sooyoung felt a little uncomfortable with his hand down there, she just let him help her and walked in, hoping that her face wasn't as red as a tomato.

After they settled down at a table in the corner of the restaurant, Kyuhyun reached out his hand and gave her the menu.

“Just choose anything you want. It's my treat since I...err...well you know...because of the stew...”

“It's ok o-oppa. You will probably be broke after this night if you paid for my dinner.”

The young man in front of her raised a brow and tilted his head a little to the side and the girl laughed a little by his cute reaction before she started explaining.

“You have to know...I can eat quite a lot...so if people say it's their treat they will usually be shocked by the amount of food I order. So I think it might be better to pay for myself.” Again she chuckled. “You don't believe me right?”

“Not really...when I lifted you up you were so light. I really wondered if you eat anything and now you tell me that you eat as much that I would be broke after a treat...it's just...unbelievable.”

“I know, but believe me. I bet I could eat as much as you.”

“No. I don't think so. Cause you have to know...I eat quite a lot too.”

“Really? Let's see who can eat more. Let's say...the looser has to pay, ok?”

Both were smirking at each other, certain that they could eat more than the other when finally the waiter arrived.

“We'd like to have...”

 

Kyuhyun stared down at the bill, not believing how much money they spent in just two hours. Usually he alone would need a week to spend that amount of money. He turned his head a little, looking at the tall brunette who was still sitting at the table, a plate with green eta ice in front of her. In the end he had lost against her when finishing his fourth plate he had already been full but that girl just kept on eating. And now she even ordered a dessert. The young man shook his head and turned back to the restaurant owner who gave him a commiserative smile.

“Your girlfriend seems to have a good appetite.”

“She's not my girlfriend.”

“Not? I guess not yet.”

“No...she's just...a dongsaeng.”

“Really? But you look so cute together.” The elder woman smiled hopefully at him. “Are you sure she's just a dongsaeng? I think you two will become a couple soon. Don't you like her already? If not why would you treat her?”

Kyuhyun just put the money on the counter and turned around, walking back to Sooyoung to avoid talking with that nosy woman. The younger girl smiled at him.

“The ice cream is really good. Do you want to try a little bit?”

Kyuhyun shook his head and sat down beside her, still frowning about what the restaurant owner had said. He and that kid becoming a couple? Never ever! Not even in a million years!. Not even when they were the last two people on earth. Sooyoung...she sure was pretty and somehow he would even say that she was cute...but in a little sister way. For him there was only one person in his heart. Summer. Just thinking about her made the corners of his lips curl into a merry smile and his eyes got a soft and dreamy look. Sooyoung tilted her head to the side, wondering what had suddenly gotten into Kyuhyun that he would start zoning out like this.

The young man again imagined how he would finally meet his dream girl. A rainy day. She would be standing under a tree, waiting for him, looking at her wrist watch again and again. Because of the rain his bus would be really full and there wouldn't be enough space so he would decide to walk there instead. But that would take him half an hour more so he would be late for their first date. Summer would get really nervous, wondering if he dumped her and after half an hour of waiting she would be disappointed, ready to go back but then at last he would come running to her, drenched because of the rain and shouting at her to not go. They would hug each other tightly and then he would tell her about his feelings. She would blush and then when he bends down to her their lips would meet....a sweet and warm kiss...

When suddenly something cold touched his lips, Kyuhyun jolted back a little and came back to reality, looking a little confused at the smiling face in front of him. He stared directly into big dark brown, almost black orbs which seemed to be as deep as the nightsky. As her eyes were also sparkling they reminded him even more of it.

“Ya! Brat! What are you doing?!”

Sooyoung smiled cheekily at him and poked her tongue out at him.

“I asked you if you wanted some of the ice too but as you weren't answering I guessed you probably would want to that's why I was feeding you but then you suddenly jolted back. Oppa? What were you thinking of that you were out that much of mind?”

“It's not your business, brat.”

The brunette started whining when he flicked her forehead, making all the other customers in she restaurant turn to them.

“Ya! Stop it Choi Sooyoung. People are already looking at us.”

“But it really hurt...”

The girl pouted and rubbed her forehead before she gave him an accusing look. Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. Really, this girl was such a spoiled little brat. Probably because of all her oppas she grew up with. According to Siwon, Sooyoung had been the youngest and also the only girl in their grew leading her oppas to spoil her and being overprotective.

“I'm sorry, Soo. I didn't want to hurt you. Just eat up your ice cream and then I'll show you something nice, ok?”

Immediately her face started beaming and Sooyoung began eating the ice cream. But suddenly she held out the spoon in front of him and smiled.

“Oppa, say aaaah.” Kyuhyun frowned a little, staring down at the spoon, not sure what the girl was doing. Why did she suddenly start acting this weird. “Oppaaaa!”

Uh-oh...her voice started to sound whiny again. Immediately Kyuhyun opened his mouth.

“Aaaaaaah.”

The brunette smiled satisfied and put the spoon into his mouth and pulled it out when closed his lips around it.

“It's good, right?”

Slowly he let the ice cream melt on his tongue before he swallowed.

“Yeah...it's really good.”

Sooyoung smiled at him and took another spoon full, holding it in front of him again. She already raised a brow provokingly, signalizing him that she would start whining again if he didn't do what she wanted. Without her telling Kyuhyun opened his mouth so that she could feed him. Like this they shared the ice cream. One spoon full for her, one spoon full for him, until they finished.

“Ok, let's go oppa. You wanted to show me something nice.”

Kyuhyun could only shake his head again and again about this brat. During their meal they seemed to got closer to each other. Now she could say oppa to him without stuttering.

“Yeah...let's go.”

He stood up and gave her his hand, pulling her up and immediately putting his arm around her waist again. Like this they left the restaurant, waving at the smiling shop owner.

“Really...a cute couple.”

 

Outside Kyuhyun immediately lifted the brunette up again though she protested and started wriggling. But that only made him tighten his grip even more.

“Stop it or we both will fall down.”

Sooyoung bit her lower lip and stopped moving, letting him carry her down the road, the opposite direction to their apartments. She looked up a little, staring at his side profile. He was really handsome, especially when he had this determined look in his eyes. She leaned her head against his chest again, thinking about the day. Within 24 hours her opinion about this young man had changed completely. The person she thought she could never like was suddenly holding her in his arms, carrying her around, laughing and smiling at her like a really close friend. And then there was also her heart which beat so fast whether he talked with, smiled at or touched her. Could this be love? Sooyoung knew that she loved HyukJae-oppa. But with him it was all different. When she was with him her heart felt at ease. It was calm and she felt safe. When he smiled it made her happy and she smiled too. When he was sad tears would form in her eyes and she only wanted to comfort him. If that was love...what did she feel for Kyuhyun-oppa? Because friendship like with Donghae-oppa and Changmin-oppa felt different.

Suddenly Kyuhyun stopped and slowly let her down, putting her feet at the ground first before he supported her so that she would stand stable. They were standing at the riverside of the Han river and Kyuhyun pointed up to the sky. The brunette gasped, staring up at the beautiful sky where a million of stars seemed to twinkle. Everything around them was dark, there was no artificial light disturbing this beautiful sight.

“This is my favourite place. Because it's one of the few places where you can watch the stars here in Seoul. It's a secret place so there aren't many people coming here.”

Sooyoung turned to the older boy and smiled softly at him.

“Thank you oppa.”

 


Hurray...I'm back with another chapter *dances around* I'm sorry for being such a lazy...wait not lazy...irresponsible author...I really wasn't lazy...it's just that I started another story  orz

I know I should end my other stories first...but this story kept stirring up my mind...so yeah...Since we can't change it...I hope you guys will read that story as well. It's a little different from my usual stories and I just wanted to try out writing something like that...It might not be good but I still hope you guys will take a look at it and maybe even subscribe to the story? pwease?

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/311078/kill-me-kiss-me-kyuhyun-kyuyoung-sooyoung