Chapter 9

Best Friends Make the Best Lovers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook held onto Kyuhyun's arm tightly, completely, blissfully, happy as they watched two of the giraffes chasing after one another playfully in what seemed to be a game of tag. Of course, as Ryeowook's eyes stayed trained on the tall animals, Kyuhyun's eyes hardly ever moved from Ryeowook.

His pale, smooth, skin, lightly flushed from having run most of the way to the enclosure. His soft, brown, eyes now bright with joy. And his lips. His lips were the most tempting of all. They looked so supple, so deliciously pink, and so wonderfully inviting, that he almost lost his composure right then. Unintentionally, he found himself staring.
"Kyu? Kyuhyun-ah?" Feeling a sharp jab to his side, he was brought back to reality. And the reality was that Ryeowook was standing directly in front of him, a small frown on those perfect little lips that Kyuhyun had just been admiring. "You didn't even hear me, did you?" He questioned, though making it obvious that he already knew the answer.
"No. Sorry... could you repeat it?" The maknae replied bashfully, lacing his fingers with the shorter male's in a show of regret.
"I said that we should go to the gift shop now." Ryeowook repeated, the frown already having been replaced with that adorable smile, "I bet they have some cute things~ And, I want to get a present for..." And it fell again. That smile that he'd brought back up was gone as soon as it had presented itself.
"For Yesung?"

A little nod let Kyuhyun know that he had been right, though he wished that he hadn't been.

Do you always think about Yesung?
The maknae gave the warmest smile that he could accomplish, not wanting to ruin anything about this first date. After all, even if they were wandering around the zoo together like a couple, it didn't mean that they really /were/ a couple. Ryeowook was still with Yesung, and he couldn't let that be forgotten. He had to tread lightly until he knew that the boy was completely his.
/If/ he's ever completely mine.
"Then let's go see if they have any stuffed turtles or something." Kyuhyun replied, trying to sound as though he wasn't bothered by this at all. The hurt was evident in his voice, though he tried to repress it.
"Kyu, we don't have to..."
"But I /want/ to." The taller male assured, giving the other's hand a light squeeze, "So, let's go see what they've got, okay?" With just a little more insistence, Kyuhyun managed to get Ryeowook to agree. Walking together hand in hand really /did/ give them the look of a couple, and passerby gave different reactions to this. Some were taken aback, others ignored it, a few pointed excitedly and talked quickly (obviously fans), while most simply complained at them for not being with the right people.
Apparently, Kyuhyun could only hold hands with Sungmin, and Ryeowook could only hold hands with Yesung.
Bull. They don't know a damned thing about us if they think that I'm in love with Sungmin. There's a difference between fan service and...
But they were right about Ryeowook and Yesung. It should be Yesung here holding this soft hand, whispering sweetly into the boy's sensitive ear, with Kyuhyun trailing behind them, unable to stop watching... the same as always.

The thought caused the younger to stir, stealing a glance at the man walking so closely beside him. He didn't know, to be honest, what was going on in Ryeowook's mind. Nor was he sure that he wanted to. That grin was damning.
He's probably thinking about Yesung.
The idea of this tortured him. Each breath he took was filled with the scent of Ryeowook, while each breath the latter took held a longing for Yesung. He knew, surely, that the older male was still, and forever would be, held by their hyung's bonds. After all, Yesung had known him first, right?

A petulant sigh left him without his knowledge, and the other immediately turned to see if he was alright.

"Kyu? Is something wrong?" He asked, halting them in their tracks and standing before the taller man.
"Hmm? Oh. No, I'm fine. Just thinking, is all. The gift shop is right there." He pointed to the building not even 40 yards ahead of them, "Let's go check inside, alright? I'll race you." A challenging simper easily forming on his plump lips.
Before Ryeowook had enough time to react, Kyuhyun had let go of his hand and was running at full speed towards the shop, expertly avoiding the few people that stood in his path.
"Hey!" The elder shouted, taking off not long after him. He wasn't quite as fast as Kyuhyun, but he soon caught up. Just outside of the structure, The smaller's arms found thei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter