Chapter 12

Best Friends Make the Best Lovers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The pair was awakened when something soft, but rather heavy, collided with them, staying at rest atop their still entwined bodies.

"Nng... what the hell?" Kyuhyun grumbled, shifting enough to eventually push the object off of them.

Upon further inspection, he realized that he recognized the bundled, blue, mass, "!"

"Why were your blanket and pillow on the couch?" Hangeng asked, a brow raised (though Kyuhyun didn't know if he was giving this look to accent the question or to silently ask why he and Ryeowook were cuddled so closely together). By now, Ryeowook was awake, too... or, at least, partially. The smaller man sat up, hair a mess, and glanced around the room with half lidded eyes, soon stopping when he saw Hangeng.

"Hyung...? What's going on?" The boy muttered, giving a yawn and attempting to straighten out his short hair.

"Kyu left his blanket and pillow in the living room." Hangeng responded, still standing in the doorway. Behind the older man stood Henry, peeking over his hyung's shoulder to see the state of the two men whom were being scolded. When Kyuhyun's eyes met those of the younger, Henry gave a cheeky smile, almost mocking him, before continuing to venture down the hall like he hadn't seen anything.

"Wook and I had a little fight last night, and I was going to sleep on the couch." Kyuhyun started, only to receive an odd look from the elder.

"It doesn't /look/ like you two had a fight." He replied, obviously speaking about the way the pair was cuddled together only a few moments ago.

"Yeah, well, Wook came out to the living room to apologize, and we talked for a bit. Then, he fell asleep on the couch, so I brought him to bed and kind of forgot my stuff."

"So... you brought him to bed... and then slept with him...?" Hangeng still seemed a bit confused by the situation, his brows furrowing together as he tried to picture the scene.

"Pretty much. I was too tired to go back and get my blanket, so I just slept with Wookie."

As Kyuhyun explained and Hangeng responded, Ryeowook's eyes darted between the two of them, slowly waking himself up like this. Suddenly, a jolt of fear stabbed through the eternal maknae, and he couldn't help but wonder if Hangeng (or any of the rest of SJM) had seen the pictures that Yesung had seen.

Quietly, as the discussion carried on without him, he slipped out of bed and stared at the doorway. Now, it was Donghae standing there, grinning like a fool at them all. Their eyes met and Donghae sent him a wink before motioning with his hand for Ryeowook to come closer.

Of course, the younger did as his hyung had asked, and ducked between the two still talking men, sneaking around Hangeng to get to Donghae.

Once he realized that Hangeng was too wrapped up in his conversation to care whether he left or not, a small sense of relief washed over him. This was soon replaced by a sinking feeling when Donghae took his hand and led him back towards his room, rather than the kitchen as he had expected.

When they were inside the small room, Siwon already up for the day and elsewhere (he probably ran to take his shower, first, not wanting to have to wait for Zhou Mi), Donghae pulled the smaller boy onto the bed beside him. The two sat in silence for a few moments before the elder wrapped an arm around his dongsaeng's waist.

"Wook... I wanted to tell you that, well, we all saw those pictures. The ones with you and Kyu."

Ryeowook's jaw locked, his body froze, and his throat tightened significantly.

"We weren't going to say anything because, well, it's kind of not our business, but... I want to know what's really going on." Donghae looked at the younger boy, immediately feeling bad for having even mentioned this, because placed in the corners of the smaller's eyes were glimmering jewels of salty water, threatening to escape him, "Hey, hey... don't cry, now." He smiled, hoping to relax the other boy a bit, "I'm not angry. None of us are. And I promise you that we won't be. Just... we're confused." Without hesitation, the elder pulled Ryeowook into a tight hug, letting him cry on his shoulder that little bit that he needed to, rubbing his back comfortingly, "Shh... what did I say? Don't cry. We're not upset."

"I'm sorry..." Ryeowook murmured. Though he had only cried a little this time, it still took a toll on his body, making him feel weak and shaky.

"There's no need to apologize." Donghae pulled away from the hug just enough to rest his forehead against Ryeowook's, smiling gently, "If you don't want to talk about it, you don't have to, you know. I... we... well, we'd like to know what's going on. And, I don't doubt that Hangeng-hyung is talking to Kyu about it right now."

The younger let himself calm down a bit, the fear and the trembling subsiding with the reassurance that Donghae /didn't/ hate him, none of them hated him. Or, so he hoped. He let out a breath, his forehead still pressed lightly against the other man's. He closed his eyes momentarily, trying to gather his words together. Of course, the elder didn't say a word and, instead, patiently waited to hear what his dongsaeng had to say.

"Kyuhyun-ah... he... well... I should start from the beginning..." Donghae responded to this with nothing more than a miniscule nod, his hands still placed firmly but lovingly on the other's sides, rubbing his thumbs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter