Chapter 4

Best Friends Make the Best Lovers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kyuhyun leaned back against the shower wall, eyes slipping shut as he cursed himself. All those times that he hadn't let himself cry caused a build up of tears, and now they were running down his cheeks like the water that slicked his bare body.

He didn't want to leave this cold downpour. He didn't want to get dressed and go to the photo shoot with his fellow KRY members.

All he wanted to do was curl up in the corner and hate himself for ruining everything.

I messed up.

His mind toyed with the image of what Yesung's expression might be when Ryeowook told him what happened, and what would be said thereafter.

He's going to kill me.

Kyuhyun thought. And he wondered how much truth was in that. Yesung had made it very clear that Ryeowook was his, and the maknae couldn't help but to think that, perhaps, he would be the dangerously over protective type.

He seemed like it, that was certain.

 

After what seemed like days of sulking, finally running out of tears, there was a little knock on the door.

"Kyu?" It was that sweet voice again. The same one that always found a way to coax Kyuhyun back to reality when he felt as though the whole world was against him. It was the same voice that had, so many times, said the word "Saranghe", but had never meant it as more than a declaration of their friendship. This voice had filled Kyuhyun with every emotion possible. But most recently, it had filled him with misery and longing.

"Kyuhyun-ah? You should hurry up. We have to leave in a few minutes." Ryeowook spoke again, giving another knock on the door. This time, his voice held worry, as though he was afraid that something bad had happened to Kyuhyun while he was in there.

This only stung the maknae more.

Why is he worrying about me after what happened?

"I'll be out in a minute." The reply was a bit weak and, in frustration, Kyuhyun lightly pressed his head against the sliding door of the shower, groaning quietly at himself.

Get yourself together.

He heard a soft sigh of relief from the other side of the door, making it even more obvious that Ryeowook had been concerned for his dongsaeng. Again, this concern wrenched at Kyuhyun's heart, making him feel even more guilty. But, he didn't know why. After all, Ryeowook seemed to have already forgotten about the incident and was acting as though it had never happened... or, so it seemed.

 

The difference in Ryeowook, however, became noticeable when they were on their way to the photo shoot. He sat in the backseat between Kyuhyun and Yesung, kind of zoning out.

Normally, he would have been laughing and talking, or at least hugging Yesung's arm, preparing to take a nap against the older man. But none of that was happening. The three sat in silence.

And it wasn't long before Yesung realized the change.

When he couldn't stand it anymore, he spoke up.

"Wookie... is something wrong?" He asked, lightly nudging his lover's shoulder.

"Hmm?" Ryeowook blinked, looking around for a moment, as though he had just been awoken from the middle of a dream. He was stunned only for a few seconds before Yesung's words registered in his mind and he gave a simple smile, leaning his head against the older boy's shoulder.

"Of course nothing's wrong, Yesung~" He insisted, widening his smile a little to make it seem more sincere. The older male leaned down to place a kiss to the top of his head, wrapping an arm around him and gently rubbing his side.

"If you're ever upset, come talk to me, alright?" He suggested, though made it sound more like a command despite the sweetness in his voice. Of course Ryeowook nodded like the good boy that he was before closing his eyes in apparent contentment.

But Kyuhyun could easily tell that this was all an act. And, secretly, he hoped that Yesung had fallen for it. Because if Yesung believed Ryeowook's words, then he didn't know the other boy as well as he thought he did. And wouldn't that give Kyuhyun an upper hand?

Do I still have a chance?

 

The day wore on as normal, hour after pressing hour weighing down on Kyuhyun's shoulders until he thought he might collapse. But, alas, the photo shoot was done shortly before he reached his breaking point.

Moving from their final pose wasn't something that he particularly wanted to do. He had his arm wrapped around Ryeowook's waist tenderly, not wanting to upset him like before, but needing to feel their sides pressed lightly together. Ryeowook's arm draped over Kyuhyun's shoulders and the smaller male wore the happiest of smiles. Unlike earlier, it seemed sincere and put Kyuhyun's mind at ease, even if it was only temporarily.

If not for Yesung being in a similar position on the other side of the small boy, Kyuhyun would have th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter