Chapter 17

Best Friends Make the Best Lovers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Sorry for taking so long! I really shouldn't have started so many new chaptered fics u_u But, alas, I couldn't help myself. I have so many ideas for chaptered fics that, eventually, one of them explodes and I have to start writing it xD;;
Anyway, I hope that this chapter isn't too bad ^-^ It's the second story that I've updated today and it took me maybe a little over an hour to type it out~
Please enjoy~ And thanks, eternally, for all your patience <3 Please ignore any spelling or grammar errors. This chapter hasn't been revised, yet ^-^;;
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It had been a month since their return. A month since Jongwoon found out about Kyuhyun's selfishness and Ryeowook's betrayal.
It had been a month since the day the group started to divide.
And even now, things weren't looking much better.
Eunhyuk was still angry with Donghae for having given Ryeowook such horrible advice. He didn't think that he could trust the other man to not do the same thing, if that's how his thoughts went. And though they stayed close on stage, it was a completely different story. They slept in separate bedrooms now, Donghae sharing his room with Hangeng and Eunhyuk having moved into Hangeng's old room with Heechul.
And Hangeng, no matter how hard he tried to talk to his boyfriend, would get nothing in return aside from a scoff. The older man wanted to hear nothing about it. Ryeowook and Kyuhyun had snuck around behind Jongwoon's back, and he couldn't see even a slightly legitimate excuse for it. Hangeng would still hug Heechul on stage when he could, but the older hardly ever let it slide, moving away from the slightly younger man as though he hadn't even noticed him.
Jungsu... Jungsu refused to pick sides, and, instead, was doing hi best at keeping the group together. However, he was certain that the fans had begun to pick up on the fissure placed between the members. But why it was there... they probably didn't know.
"Hyung...?" Siwon knocked on Jungsu's door though it was partially opened. The older man glanced up to see his dongsaeng clutching to his phone.
"What is it, Siwon?"
"You have to see this..." Slowly, the younger held out his cell phone, the leader taking it from him and looking down with slight hesitation.
He read the headline of the news article and repeated the words aloud, "Super Group Super Junior Splitting Up?" His eyes widened a bit. Were people really speculating this? "International pop super group, Super Junior, seems to be closing in on the end of their careers. There have been rumors spreading that the members are enduring something of a feud, leaving fans restless with concern. Though it hasn't been confirmed, it's almost clear, even from an outsider's perspective, that the group is falling apart, though the reason is unknown."
Jungsu looked up, worry clear across his face, reflecting not only his internal emotions, but those of the man standing across from him as well.
"What are we gonna do, hyung?" Siwon mumbled, sitting down on the bed beside Jungsu and placing a hand on the older man's thigh.
"I don't know, Siwon. But whatever we do, it has to stop this damn fight."

"I'm sorry, Jongwoon-hyung..." Ryeowook bowed as low as possible, causing the older man to bite down on his bottom lip a bit.
"Stop apologizing. I'm not mad anymore."
"But you're still upset." Ryeowook whispered, looking back up at the other man, "And it's my fault."
"No, it's Kyuhyun's fault." Jongwoon tried to say it softly, but his words were laced with a bitter poison that made Ryeowook flinch.
"No, it's not. I mean, maybe, a little, but it's more my fault than his. I should have talked to you first."
Jongwoon took in a breath. It was true. Ryeowook was the one that had done the most damage, it seemed. He could have brushed off Kyuhyun's advances. He could have waited until they were back in South Korea so that they could all have talked it over. But he hadn't. Instead, he'd ripped Jongwoon's heart from his chest. He couldn't deny it, though he couldn't stop thinking of Ryeowook as the sweet and innocent man that he'd fallen for.
"I know..." Jongwoon finally stated, though those two words stung at Ryeowook deeply. It didn't matter that the eternal maknae knew what he'd done was wrong, what mattered is that, now, Jongwoon was acknowledging it. And, though he'd been striving for that, it still hurt Ryeowook to hear his former boyfriend agree, "I know that you had a hand in this but... I don't want to believe it. I just want to keep thinking that Kyuhyun lured you in, caught you off guard. I don't know. I just... I don't want to think about the fact that you had another option."
"But I did."
"I know..."
"I'm sorry, hyung. Please forgive Kyuhyun. Please forgive /me/." Ryeowook knelt down as he had before, bowing his head to the floor. But this time, Jongwoon didn't pull him up. He stared down at the younger man, just watching him, thoughts flooding through his mind. How could something so cruel be forgiven so easily?
However, he knew it was for the best. He knew that what had happened was horrid but, at the same time... he'd seen it coming.
The way that Kyuhyun always seemed to have his eyes on Ryeowook. The way that the eternal maknae's face lit up at the sight of the younger man. The way that they stuck so close together all the time. It could have easily been taken as a deep friendship, but they all knew... they'd all known for a while that it was something mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter