Chapter 11

Best Friends Make the Best Lovers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun lie sprawled out across the couch, his blanket and pillow providing the only real comfort in these distressing moments.

He closed his eyes, trying to forget the way that Ryeowook had cried. The way that he had blamed Kyuhyun for ruining what he had with Yesung. And how he had, after an hour or better, apologized for the things he'd said.

"You didn't mean to. It's not your fault."

Ryeowook's words echoed for a brief moment, only to be whisked away. Because Kyuhyun was certain that this was all his fault, even if Ryeowook was now telling him otherwise.

I pressured him into it.

He had convinced himself of this.

I persuaded him to go on that date with me. I knew... I knew that this would happen.

Of course he hadn't. He had simply had a lapse in judgment, in thinking, and that's how this all happened. To have pictures of the two holding hands was nothing to think twice about. The members often indulged in little affections, providing light fan service.

But the kiss had been way out of line.

I should have controlled myself.

He inhaled deeply, a sharp pain stabbing at his lungs when he did so. It was only then that he realized he was crying. He hated to cry. Absolutely hated it. But, at times like this, it was difficult not to. He had been overwhelmed with hate for himself, for the mistakes that he'd made, for hurting Ryeowook.

How could I have done something so horrible?

He had purposely left the room, not able to even face the boy that was now too heartbroken to fight against Kyuhyun's silly wishes. Ryeowook had told him to stay in their room. He had told him that everything was alright, and that he was just surprised. But he hadn't had enough strength to argue when the younger decided to evacuate the room.

 

Ryeowook bit his bottom lip, eyeing the door with blurred vision. It was dark, too dark. And lonely.

Kyuhyun had left the elder to his own tortured thoughts, images of Yesung flooded in and out of his mind. Had he cried? Had he kept calm? Or had he gone on a rampage, angered and breaking things? And what expression must he have worn the moment he saw that picture? What expression did he wear when he finally called his lover? Who else knew what had happened?

Who else hated him for this?

With no sign of Kyuhyun's return, Ryeowook finally managed to get out of his bed once more, making his way to the door with a wavering hand.

He didn't know what he was expecting or why his own actions scared him so much.

Why did his throat burn? And why did he feel like he might throw up?

Closing his eyes, he turned the door knob and walked silently from the room.

He still had no real idea about what he was doing, but he knew one thing for sure...

He had to see Kyuhyun.

 

Kyuhyun stared at the ceiling, counting invisible stars and ways to apologize in the morning.

His eyes slipped shut once again, smacked hard by a wall of regret.

I should never have done that.

He let out a loud sigh before biting down on his bottom lip. A part of him felt the need to feel pain. Though he doubted that he could ever feel pain equal to that which Ryeowook was feeling, he wanted to hurt himself to try. But he knew this was an imbecilic plan.

As his heart thumped loudly in his chest, that fire coursing through his veins once again, he felt himself burning up. His mouth was dry, his senses had all numbed, and he almost screamed out loud in frustration with himself.

However, this all ceased in a less than a moment.

As soon as he felt that warm, delicate, hand rest against his cheek, his mind went blank, and his body went limp.

"Kyuhyun-ah?" His name was whispered so quietly that it was barely audible. But he knew immediately whom the voice belonged to, "Kyuhyun-ah... are you awake?"

"I'm awake /now/." Kyuhyun muttered, feigning annoyance as though he really had just been woken.

"Ah... I'm sorry... I didn't mean to wake you." His hand shot back to his side and he looked down guiltily, only for his eyes to return to the maknae's when he felt fingers lace with his.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter