Chapter 16

Best Friends Make the Best Lovers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I'm sorry to have kept you all waiting so long. I thought that it would be easy to work on so many stories at once, considering that if I'm working on only one or two, it tends to bore me rather easily. But, apparently, it was a lot more difficult than I had thought it would be, and now, here I am, almost 2 months after the last update of this story, hoping that I can be forgiven for taking so long to give you another chapter.
Especially considering that this chapter isn't exactly long.
Anyway, I'm hoping that you all can forgive me for the lack of updates. Summer is the absolute worst time of the year for me to write, considering that I'm gone often and, when I'm not gone, I feel obligated to spend the time with my family, playing games or watching television, even.
I hope that you all will continue to be patient with me, considering that I have a few other stories that need to be updated (hopefully I'll have the next chapter for "They Call It Destiny" done sometime soon).
Please enjoy the chapter, leave comments, and forgive me for taking so long to give you anything more.
In the next chapter, expect some more KRY confrontations, as this chapter is mostly to show you the division that's being created in the group.

Thank you, again, for your patience. <3 I'll try not to disappoint you any further ;~;

Also, this hasn't been read over yet, so please ignore any mistakes in spelling or grammar or anything of the sort D: Hopefully I didn't mix any names up. It hasn't happened to me yet, but it's always a possibility since I think so far ahead of what I'm typing xD;;
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Returning home would have been far more pleasurable if not for the confrontation with Jongwoon. And to make matters worse, Hangeng had convinced Ryeowook and Kyuhyun that they needed to have a heart to heart with the older member, letting him know what decision had been made and why, only to discover that Jongwoon was far more upset than they could have imagined.

"Hyung... it's just that, I really like you, I do, but, before making any critical decisions... shouldn't I at least give Kyuhyun-ah a chance?" Ryeowook explained, though his argument probably didn't sound all that convincing. Yesung made a quiet sound, something that could have been taken as a scoff trying to be covered up, and if the pair hadn't known better, they would have assumed he was pissed off rather than hurt. But, the truth of the matter was that Yesung was refusing to make eye contact, his throat tight, his chest set ablaze, his stomach churning, and each of these sensations was reflected in his lack of speech and the silvery beads forming at the corners of his eyes, beginning to pool there and threatening to spill over.
"Hyung, I didn't mean to-" Kyuhyun started but was almost immediately cut off.
"Yes you did." Yesung glared at the younger boy, those tears finally beginning to slip down his face, eyes shooting daggers into the scarily still figure sitting across from him, "You were jealous and you know it as well as I do, so you took that time away as your chance to rip Ryeowook from me! So congratulations, you got what you wanted. But don't you /ever/ consider me as a friend again. You've taken the most important person in the world from me, and you clearly have no remorse for your actions."
"Hyung, I-"
"Don't. Just, please, stop talking. You two can do whatever you want, I won't stop you. And, Ryeowook... if this is what you really want, then I'll support your decision. But Kyuhyun, I can't forgive you for the way you went about this. It should have been handled more maturely, though you chose, instead, to go behind my back."
"Yesung hyung..." Now was Ryeowook's turn to speak again, his soft, trembling voice returning to the equation and silencing the eldest boy, at least for the moment, "Please, if you're going to be upset with Kyuhyun-ah, be upset with me as well. It's as much my fault as it is his." And with that, the small boy got on his knees and bowed down, as though he was requesting something of grave importance or asking to be forgiven for something absolutely horrid. And, perhaps, it really was meant as a combination of the two things. Jongwoon sighed heavily, reaching down to pull the younger boy back up.
"Ryeowook, I can't be mad at you. I want to be angry with you, but I can't." The way he spoke had changed now, the tears falling freely, running down the sides of his nose, over his mouth, cheeks, chin, and eventually landing lightly on the floor, "I'm upset that you gave in so easily, but... I still love you. And as long as there's hope for us, I can't stop loving you. Not even for a moment."

From that point on, Yesung refused to even acknowledge Kyuhyun, something of a fissure breaking and bending the group that was once so whole. Some people were on Yesung's side, and others were on Kyuhyun's, but ultimately, everyone just wished that this feud would end. Because it was hurting each person in one way or another.

"I mean, why the hell would he do that?!" Heechul growled, Hangeng sitting across the table from him, trying to calm down his hyung but failing quite miserably, "Jongwoon and Ryeowook were perfectly happy until

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter