Chapter 1

Best Friends Make the Best Lovers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jealousy.

This feeling was rather new to Kyuhyun, but it had been plaguing him for the last week. Never before had he wanted someone so badly, and never before had he been denied of the things that he so desperately craved.

He watched closely, almost too closely, as Ryeowook and Yesung laughed together in the front row. The other members were laughing as well, a chorus echoing through the three rows of seats... but Kyuhyun had missed what was so amusing. A fake laugh crossed him momentarily, simply to cover what he was really thinking.

I would be so much better for Ryeowook.

His focus was entirely on those two... the two whom held hands so often, whom hugged and smiled, and sometimes even kissed when the cameras weren't looking.

What was so great about Yesung? Why did Ryeowook insist on clinging to him that way? Why did he give him those affectionate looks? Those sweet smiles? Those tender kisses? Why did he love Yesung when Kyuhyun was obviously a better choice?

Kyuhyun moved his eyes from the happy pair to stare, instead, at the wall directly in front of him. Past the MC, past the audience. They were doing an interview, and he knew that he couldn't very well keep his eyes glued to the lovers forever. It would be suspicious and the other members would scold him later if he seemed too distant. Sungmin leaned over to whisper something in his ear. It was a few moments later that Kyuyhun actually understood what he was saying to him.

"Soften your expression. You look angry."

Of course I look angry. How could I not be angry watching Ryeowook cling to Yesung like that?

He couldn't clear his mind of the rampant anger, the envy that seemed to course through his veins, beating against his already aching heart. But, despite this, he managed to soften his features, acting professionally, the way that he knew he should. His eyes still fluttered to the pair from time to time as they whispered to one another, or for that moment when Yesung's hand gently caressed Ryeowook's thigh.

Kyuhyun would have given anything to be the one making that slight blush flash across the boy's face. He would have given anything to be the one to touch him so intimately, so lovingly.

He should be mine.

 

The interview seemed to drag on, and Kyuhyun's replies became shorter as time passed, much to the displeasure of his hyungs. He was annoyed, but doing his best not to show it. The other members would only become even more upset with him if it was clear that something was vexing him.

Perhaps he could pass it off as a headache causing him to lose his focus? Or he could tell them that he might be coming down with a cold and it's making him cranky?

No... that seems childish.

As he debated using these excuses later, he heard the one line the entire night that had caught his attention.
The MC had said that "They say that best friends make the best lovers.".
He had missed the reason behind the MC's words. Maybe they were talking about their girlfriends or the MC's wife. It didn't matter. Kyuhyun's eyes immediately darted to Ryeowook, not even trying to be subtle about it. But the smaller male's e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter