Chapter 14

Best Friends Make the Best Lovers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I think I'm over my writer's block, finally. ^^;; This was all supposed to be included in the last chapter, but I didn't think that I would have it done until next week, so I cut chapter 13 short. However, suddenly, I was struck with inspiration so... here it is! Hopefully it's not as much of a disappointment as the last chapter was ;n; I figured that Kyuhyun and Ryeowook should talk over the situation a little more, though I also felt that Kyuhyun would eventually change the subject. xD;;
Anyway...
Enjoy the update~ I hope I didn't make too many spelling or grammar errors. I haven't re-read it yet, because I'm planning on going to sleep now (it's after 4:30am, and I have to be awake in 3 hours ;~;).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Though the room was being shared by both Kyuhyun and Ryeowook, the elder felt that it was best to knock before walking in. It was always possible that Kyuhyun didn't want anyone to bother him, and, if that was the case, then he would /probably/ leave the younger alone (probably being the operative word in that sentence).
He breathed in, bracing himself for whatever might be said by the other before proceeding.

His fist rapped on the door in the same pattern that the two had created together some time ago. It was like their secret knock, one that the two of them used to communicate to one another that it was them at the door, rather than another member. Of course, Kyuhyun recognized it immediately, knowing that Ryeowook was standing on just the other side of the closed entry. For a moment, he didn't know what to do... or if he should even respond. But, if Ryeowook was willing to see him or speak to him, then he figured the other truly wasn't upset with him. And that, really, had been all that he was afraid of.

He took a deep breath, his eyes still slightly reddened from his, thankfully, ceased crying, and managed to speak, "Ryeowook-ah, you know that you don't have to knock."

The elder opened the door a bit, peeking inside, his eyes immediately landing on the figure lying on his back atop a slightly messy bed.

"I just wanted to make sure that you weren't getting changed or anything."

"Wook... it's not like you haven't seen me before."

Ryeowook gave a small laugh and walked into the room, closing the door behind him.

"I guess that's true." Ryeowook sat on the side of Kyuhyun's bed, placing the plate of pancakes on the bedside stand. With his hand, he made a subtle motion towards the food, "Kyu, I brought you some breakfast."

"Nnn... I'm not hungry." The younger rolled over onto his stomach, locking his eyes with Ryeowook's. Though Ryeowook wasn't sure of what exactly was going on in the other's mind, he took notice of the slightly blood shot condition of those dark orbs, and realized the boy must have been crying.

"But, Kyuhyun-ah, you have to eat /something/." He insisted, pouting a little in the hopes that he might have a chance at winning this battle.

"I'll eat later." The words, again, came out as a bit of a whine, and this time, Kyuhyun sat up crawling the short distance to Ryeowook's side. Lightly, he rested his head against the older boy's shoulder and closed his eyes again.

He had expected that everything would change now. He had expected Ryeowook to be angry with him. He had expected him to refuse his advances or to shy away from his touch or gaze. But Ryeowook continued to surprise him.

Last night, Kyuhyun had thought, was just a fluke. The elder needed a form of comfort and he knew that, though they had just fought, he would be able to get that from Kyuhyun. And, of course, he got what he sought out for.

But now... right now... he had no reason to be wrapping his arms around the younger boy. At this moment, he had no reason to be treating him so tenderly. He had no reason to let things remain as they had been before. But he did.

Ryeowook let Kyuhyun do as he wished, he even pressed a soft kiss to the top of his dongsaeng's head. And Kyuhyun couldn't figure out why.
Why isn't he still upset?

"Kyuhyun-ah? Why were you crying?" Ryeowook finally asked, though he hadn't really meant for the question to slip. It was supposed to remain as an unvoiced thought, and nothing more.

"I wasn't crying." The younger lied, giving a small, childish, huff to accompany his words. If anything, this small noise only made him /less/ believable.

"Yes you were. Why?" Kyuhyun lifted his head, staring into the eyes of the questioner. What was he supposed to say?

For a few more moments, he stayed silent, only able to look at Ryeowook, as though searching in the older boy's eyes for the proper answer to give, only to be let down.

"Please... tell me..."

"I just..." He glanced away, his teeth working at his bottom lip as he tried to sort out his words. But all he could think to tell him was the truth, no matter how embarrassed he may be by it. He knew, really, that Ryeowook wouldn't find it a foolish thing to be upset over, though this didn't stop him from internally ridiculing himself for it. He should just leave the subject alone and let things work themselves out, but... but Ryeowook looked so desperate to understand, to hear what had been hurting him, bothering him, and Kyuhyun finally let himself give in for the second time that day, "Wook... I just... Hangeng and I were talking an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter