4ever

Nobody Gets Me (Like You)

The only thing constant in the world is change. 

"Should we drive our own cars or just drive one?" Rosé asked as she fixed her blonde hair. 

"I'm going to drive my own car. You three can share," Karina said. Giselle shrugged.

"Sure, young lady." She taunted as she got inside the passenger seat. Rosé looked at Minju and raised a brow. 

"You drive, Unnie. I'm too lazy," she said and entered the backseat. Rosé groaned. Now, she has to babysit two women. 

"Follow my car, Unnie. I want all of us to arrive together." The older woman nodded. 

"So, Unnie, what's with you and Jennie? I mean we knew she's someone from your college. Other than that, we don't know what relationship you have with her," Giselle asked. Rosé thought back to their college days. Hurtful words were said. Maybe, Jennie was part of the reason why Rosé became the person she is now. 

"We hate each other. That's all you have to know." She mumbled as she focused on the busy street. 

"Uh-oh," the blonde woman looked at Minju from the rearview mirror. 

"Why?" She asked. 

"Well, remember how I set up cameras on the bar that Jongin frequents? I think he's there," the youngest explained as she scrolled on her phone.

"Then, we have to go there!" Giselle mumbled. She dialed Karina's number and connected it on the car's speaker.

"Hey, love. Jongin is seen in a bar. Do you think we can cancel?" Giselle asked. Rosé remains silent as she thinks. 

"What do you mean cancel? I promised Winter and her friends this dinner. We cannot just cancel!" Karina frustratedly said.

"But we're behind schedule in this assignment," Minju mumbled. She might also be thinking of a solution. 

"Isn't this important too? I have to stay married, right? For all of this to work." Rosé nodded her head. 

"I have a solution. You can go to the bar, and make them notice you. Of course, don't engage yet, and we'll be wearing earpieces the whole time, so if you need our help, we can help you. As for the dinner, the three of us will be there. We'll just tell them that you have a sudden surgery to attend to. I'll take care of the questions," Rosé said as she accelerated to overtake Karina. She made a left turn and saw the younger woman drive straight ahead. She sighed. 

"Fine, Unnie."

"Be careful, stupid! Based on the data, they would stalk you first, so you have to be extra careful. We'll take care of Winter," Giselle said. 

"You should." They ended the call as they prepared their earpieces. 

After a minute or two, they arrived in front of Winter's restaurant.

"We're here, Jimin." Rosé said. 

"I've got eyes on Jongin and his thugs," Karina responded.

"Take care, Unnie. I'll try to monitor you as much as I can," Minju said. They're all still sitting inside Rosé's car. 

"Hey, don't worry about me. I can manage just fine. Just promise me you'll behave and entertain them." Karina said. They heard the bar's music and crowd from the background.

"I cannot promise that," Rosé whispered before getting out of the car. The two followed her inside the restaurant. 

They looked around and noticed the long table in the middle, no customers. They must have closed early for their dinner. Such a shame that Karina cannot make it. Rosé walked confidently to the table. 

"Hi, we're Karina's family. She is really sorry that she cannot make it tonight. There's a sudden surgery in the hospital," she said as soon as she's in everyone's earshot. 

"What the are you doing here, Chaeyoung?!" Jennie asked, her posture suddenly became defensive. Rosé raised a brow. May God give her all the patience she needs. 

"I just told you. I am Karina's family. Are you deaf?" She asked while glaring at the smaller woman. 

"Did she text you about the emergency?" Giselle asked her friend's wife. 

"Yeah, what a shame. But, I am glad that you all made it." Winter answered. They all sat down. Awkward silence enveloped the whole room. 

Unfortunately, Rosé is sitting in front of Jennie. fate. 

"So, how do you all know Karina?" Jisoo asked. They've already exchanged pleasantries before the appetizers were served. 

"We've known each other since we were kids," Minju answered and smiled after a while. She's sitting beside her fake girlfriend. Rosé noticed that the oldest Kim was not there. Must have been busy with work. 

"Really? How's Karina as a kid?!" Winter excitedly asked. 

"Karina is just like any other kid, actually." Giselle said. She winked at Yizhou when their eyes met. Flirty Giselle is such an eyesore. 

"But how does she know the three of you? I mean you all came from affluent families, and I think she's not," Chaewon asked. 

"Don't you all dare tell them who I am. Living two lives is already hard, I don't want to live another one," Rosé scoffed. And just to her luck, everyone heard her. 

"Is there something wrong with what my friend asked, Miss Park?" Lisa asked. She's been glaring at Rosé from the very beginning. It isn't hard to tell why. The girl likes Jennie, and she thinks Rosé is hogging the small woman's attention, which in fact, is on her all the time. She does not want Jennie's attention. It irks her. 

"Chaeyoung Unnie, I swear to God!" Karina whispered in their earpieces. Giselle and Minju just looked at the oldest woman, waiting for her response. 

"Karina is a very very hardworking girl. We met her at school where she's offered a scholarship. And please just call me Rosé, Miss Park is too formal," she smiled politely to shadow the lie and irritation. 

"Jennie Unnie calls you Chaeyoung though," Yizhou said as she pointed at the woman in front of her. 

"I prefer Rosé," she answered shortly. Karina sighed on the other line. 

"Thanks, es. Update, he's been eyeing me for quite some time now. I made sure to let them see my wedding ring discreetly." The three of them took a bite of the food in front of them and hummed together. 

"So, how's the food? We cooked them personally," Winter asked. The kid is kind and beautiful, it that they met her under such circumstances.

"The food is perfect! I might have found my new favorite restaurant!" Giselle exclaimed. Her eyes are not leaving Yizhou. Rosé shook her head. 

They all talked about Karina and Winter, sometimes themselves, the whole dinner. 

"Excuse me, I have to use the comfort room," Rosé mumbled as she excused herself. She never looked Jennie's way, no way. Not after what she said. 

Rosé took a right to the fire exit and took out a pack of cigarettes and a lighter. The younger ones told her to quit smoking, but she just cannot do it. Not now, at least. 

"This is not the comfort room," Jennie said. Rosé raised a brow. She pressed the cigarette between her lips as she lit it with her lighter. 

"So? Why do you even care, Jennie?" The taller woman can taste the bitterness in her words. Weird. 

"I am here to apologize, stop being a , Chaeyoung." Rosé scoffed. She knows the other three can hear their conversation but she doesn't care. She would trust them with everything, even her life. 

"I don't need your apology, Kim. Besides, I am here as Karina's family, not as your co-worker."

"Why are you acting like this, Chaeyoung? How does Karina even afford the firm's fee? Don't tell me she's not paying, or are you paying for her?" Jennie asked, her arms crossed while taunting the younger woman. 

"She really likes picking fights with you, huh." Karina said from the other line. Such a busybody.

"Karina having me as a lawyer is none of your business. Why do you always meddle in my business? You do not care about me, right?" Rosé said. She pushed herself away from the wall, threw the cigarette away and started walking away.

"Is Karina an adopted child too? Is that how she can afford things that she cannot? Is she ashamed of being an orphan? Is she ashamed of being just like you, Chaeyoung?" The taller woman stopped in her tracks. She chuckled bitterly. 

"You can badmouth me all you want, Jennie, but don't you dare badmouth my family too. And for the love of God, call me Rosé." She said before leaving the shorter woman.

That's because everyone has a trigger that can change them forever. It just happened that Rosé's trigger is Jennie.