invisible string

Nobody Gets Me (Like You)

Karina woke up later than usual. She saw a note on her bedside table. It was Winter. 

She just wrote about how Karina was soundly asleep and she didn't have the heart to wake her up. And that she went to work. 

Karina remembered that she promised to have dinner with Winter and her friends. She called Minju's number as her back made contact with her bed. 

"What?" The younger woman asked grumpily on the other line. Karina scoffed. 

"The two awake?" She asked. Minju hummed. 

"Why? You need anything?" If Karina is not tied up with Winter, she might have been living with them too. Or them living with her. 

"Yeah, actually. How'd you know?" Karina asked with a creased forehead.

"You never call this early. Besides, I know all of you like the back of my hand." Minju answered. The older woman heard the door opening on the other line. Minju might be checking up on their friends. 

"Sooo? Are they awake?" She asked. Minju snorted.

"Rosé unnie is currently on a video conference, while oh." Karina raised a brow. What's with that reaction? 

"What 'oh'? What's happening?" She asked. 

" off, Minju!" She heard Giselle's voice. She can also hear the youngest's chuckles.

"What happened?" Karina asked again. 

"Seems like Giselle Unnie didn't come home last night." She said while closing the door behind her. Karina rolled her eyes. 

"I'll drive there in a while. I have to tell you guys something." Karina stood up from the bed and walked to her closet. 

She picked her usual clothes, a pair of jeans and a plain shirt. She checked her wristwatch and hummed. The flowers that she ordered for her wife should have arrived there by now. And she made sure to add a note to inform her about dinner tonight, and of course, the daily fun fact. 

Right on cue, her phone rang. She smiled. And it scares her. How a simple reminder of Winter can make her mood brighter and lighter, and happy. 

"Hey, you." She greeted. 

"What's with the flowers?" Winter asked. Karina laughed.

"I am told that if you like someone, you'll give them flowers everyday!" Karina said cheerfully. 

"Oh, please. I appreciate the gesture. Thank you, wifey. About the dinner, are you sure you can make it tonight?" Winter asked worriedly. 

"Of course, why can't I?" Karina asked.

"Because you might be busy! You're a doctor, no?" Karina slapped her forehead. She totally forgot about her day job.

"Oh, crap! But hey, I am not on duty. Besides, the sooner I meet them properly, the more I get to spend time with you." Something tugged in Karina's heart. Can she live this way later in her life? 

"You're such a smooth talker, Karina. But I have to go, I'll see you later for dinner?" 

"Aye, Captain! Work hard, Winter." Karina ended the call and sighed. Oh, to live so normally. 

She got ready to meet her friends, and to tell them that they have to attend dinner. 

"You're here," Minju said as soon as she opened the door. Karina rolled her eyes.

"Where are they?" She sat beside Minju and snatched the controller from her. 

"Rosé Unnie will be down in a minute, while Giselle Unnie left to take her one night stand home." The youngest explained. Karina groaned. 

"Why did she get laid and not me?" She whined. Minju looked at her friend incredulously. 

"You have a wife, Unnie. I thought out of the four of us, your life is the most active," Minju said and shook her head. Karina scoffed. 

"Then who do you think hasn't got laid for a long time?" Karina nudged the younger woman while her eyes were still glued at the game on the screen. 

"Rosé Unnie," she whispered. They both giggled to themselves like little children. 

"I heard you, kid." The oldest slapped the back of their heads. 

"Hey, why can't you just admit that you like Jennie?" Karina's forehead creased. Jennie?

"Is that the same Jennie whose sister I am married to?" 

"I thought you were smarter than that," she mumbled. Rosé squeezed herself between the two younger women. 

"What brought you here, by the way? Shouldn't you be wooing your wife?" Rosé asked while looking at Karina. 

"Yeah, about that, you three have to eat dinner with me and my wife's family." Karina said as she smirked. She's too used to calling Winter her wife. 

"And you didn't bother asking us if we have plans?" Giselle asked. She's leaning on the doorframe, her arms crossed.

"Uhm, you three always tell me if you have something going on, so no, I did not bother. Besides, isn't this part of our assignment?" 

"Touché, Unnie," Minju groaned. She suddenly stood up and sighed. 

"Why are you standing up?" Karina asked and raised a brow. 

"Because I have to ing look for something to wear! Because my ing fake girlfriend will be there," Minju said. The three older women started laughing. Whenever Minju swears, it's adorable. The girl is a ing saint! 

"I forgot about the Chaewon fake dating thing," Giselle mumbled. She walked towards the others. 

"Congrats for sleeping with her wife's best friend, by the way." Rosé teased. Karina looked at her friends in shock.

"Are you all serious?! Why are you all connected with my wife?!" She yelled. Giselle chuckled and shrugged.

"Hey the girl was hot, what do you want me to do?" 

"I don't know! Keep it in your pants, maybe!" She frustratedly said. Now, breaking up with Winter might be a tad bit harder than she thought. 

"As if! Why are you overacting, Yu?" Giselle taunted. Karina rolled her eyes. Her friends are so stupid. 

"I am not. What's with you and Jennie, anyway? I know about the one night stand, and the fake dating, but what's with you and Jennie?" Karina curiously asked. 

Her friends may be stupid, but she loves them so much. She has to know every person they get close to. 

"Jennie is a stupid rival since college. Just make me sit away from her, and everything will go as smoothly as you want," Rosé said and smirked. 

"Just behave, okay? I want tonight to be perfect." 

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________

Might make next chapter another couple's POV to explore everyone's dynamics.