Somewhere Only We Know

Nobody Gets Me (Like You)

Karina helped Winter in carrying her things inside the house. She kicked Giselle out. Besides the woman needs to move in with the other two.

"Hey, is this really okay?" Winter asked. She roamed her eyes around the house. It is still the same house from the other night. If she were to tell her past self that she's gonna move in with a stranger, she would cackle. 

"I told you already, it's fine! Besides, this is much nearer to your restaurant." Karina said with a smile on her face. 

"Thank you, then."

"I am your wife, silly. You don't have to thank me." Karina said and smiled at Winter. 

The younger woman hummed. Being with Karina feels like solving a puzzle. Sometimes, she is genuine and warm, other times she feels so distant and cold. 

"So, where should I sleep?" Winter asked. Karina gestured her to follow, which she gladly obliged. They started walking up the stairs.

"You can sleep in this room," she answered and opened a door across from her room. Winter nodded. Thankfully, they didn't have to sleep together. She blushed at the thought.

"You can make yourself at home. I'll just cook dinner for us," Winter raised her eyebrow. Cook? But she is the chef! She should cook.

"I am the chef here, so, let me cook for you." She said and smirked. She takes pride in her cooking. She didn't graduate with flying colours just to have a surgeon cook for her.

"You won't poison me, right?" The taller woman asked. She squinted her eyes at Winter, which made the latter laugh. She shook her head and lightly slapped Karina's arm. But oh boy, Karina is not joking. 

"I won't poison my wife," she said and started walking to the kitchen. Like an obedient dog, Karina followed suit. She watched Winter navigate her kitchen, familiarizing where the things are located. 

"What do you want for dinner?" She asked while opening the cupboard. As a busy surgeon-slash-spy, she didn't have any food except for ramen. Winter might have noticed it too. 

"Ramen?" She answered sheepishly. Winter chuckled before getting two packs of ramen. 

"If you want me to stay, you might want to stock your kitchen with a lot of food." Winter jokes. 

"Well, guess who's grocery shopping tomorrow?" Karina said and chuckled. She won't lie, she enjoys the younger woman living with her. She can't get used to this though. This is strictly for work.

Winter set the small pot on the table. She sat in front of Karina and smiled.

"Should I cook you dinner tomorrow?" Winter asked. Karina shook her head. After her shift from the hospital, she has to plan with her friends. They cannot afford to waste more time, that is.

"No need. I might be home so late, you don't have to wait for me." Karina said and smiled. She used her chopsticks to pick the noodles up before bringing it near the younger woman's mouth.

"What are you doing?" Winter asked and chuckled. 

"Come on! I want to show you how I feel, right? So please?" She brings it much closer and looked at Winter with her puppy dog eyes. 

The chef reluctantly opened . Karina chuckled.

"You look cute." She mumbled. She pinched her wife's cheeks.

"Ouch! That hurts," Winter pouted. 

"Sorry, wifey." Karina started rubbing the younger woman's cheeks softly. Winter stared into her face. Karina has a mole, it completes her face. Makes her so beautiful. Her eyes are so dark that it feels like she's staring into a galaxy. 

"Careful, I might fall harder." Karina said and smirked. She leaned in and kissed Winter's forehead. She blushed. Karina and her impulsiveness. 

"Where's my fun fact of the day?" Winter asked. Karina hummed.

"The CIA headquarters has its own Starbucks. Baristas don't write the Agents' name though." Karina said. Winter gasped.

"That's really cool! You know I wanted to be a spy when I was a kid," the younger woman said. Karina tilted her head. 

"Do you? Why is that?" She asked, interested. Is being a spy a common dream? She hopes not. Gosh, no. 

"They're really cool. But you know what? I think they're ssd. I really don't know how accurate spy movies are, one thing they have in common is the spy being so lonely." Winter paused. She dried her hands and looked at her wife. 

"They cannot maintain a relationship because they are afraid that their job might hurt their partners. And I don't want to be lonely." Karina nodded her head to express that she understands. 

"How about those who are not lonely with the job?" Karina asked. Because she is not lonely. They are not lonely. She has Rose, Giselle and Minju. They are happy. Right?

"They are bound to crave human connections. They'll get tired of being nameless and faceless." Karina just smiled. 

"Yes, of course." She said and sighed. She won't crave for that connection that Winter is saying, right? 

"Anyway, what do you wanna do? It's still very early," the younger woman asked. Karina stood up and held her wife's hand.

"Netflix and chill, baby!" She excitedly uttered. Winter hit her arm before letting the older woman drag her to the living room. 

"What do you wanna watch? Horror? Romance?" 

"Let's watch whatever, babe." Karina answered nonchalantly. She did not realize the endearments she has been using to call Winter. But the latter is different. She heard it, and for every endearment, her heart swells. 

Before they even realized it, they are cuddling on the couch.