—star

Nobody Gets Me (Like You)

"You head! Why did you say that?" Karina whispered to her younger friend. 

"I said I was sorry! I didn't know what to say!" Minju argued back. 

"I am so going to break your computers," Karina whispered. And she isn't lying. She will break every computer Minju owns, if she won't calm down. Minju rolled her eyes. 

"Fine. Can I borrow your car? Rosé unnie left me," she asked. Karina shook her head.

"Aeri is using it. I can call you a cab if you want," the older woman offered. Minju scoffed.

"You're not the only one who knows how to cut someone, Unnie." Minju said smugly before walking out. Karina smiled and shook her head as she watched her younger friend leave the restaurant. 

Karina started walking towards the kitchen to look for her wife. 

She saw the younger woman drying the plates. The older woman leaned on the counter as she watched Winter. 

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Winter asked while laughing. Karina shrugged. Her eyes still looked intently at the younger woman. Winter is a very pretty girl. She doesn't look like she had a bad childhood or any traumas. And Karina knew. 

Winter grew up in a happy household. She has a happy life. Maybe, having a good childhood is a privilege. 

"Can I ask you a question?" Winter stopped wiping the plates and looked at her wife. 

"Shoot," she adjusted her position, that way, she could look at Karina better. The older woman wanted to retract what she said. The way that Winter is looking at her makes her want to risk it all. Tell everything. If they won't work as lovers, then she would want to be her friend. 

"Do you think someone will love me?" Karina asked, her expression looking as confused as a lost child. 

"Of course, Rina. Can I call you that?" Winter asked—she wanted to call her Rina. She wanted to be able to make nicknames for her. She wanted to call her names that only she can use. 

"Of course, you can. You can call me anything, Winter." Karina smiled.

"Good, because I would really like to call you Rina." Winter mumbled, her cheeks reddened as she started feeling hot and giddy. 

"Can I help you with that?" Karina asked as she pointed at the plates. Deep down, she's still thinking about their topic. Is she capable of love? And if she is, can she manage it? 

"Yeah, sure. Do you want to go to a bar afterwards? Or we can buy a bottle of wine to take home," home, it has a nice ring to it. Winter just called Karina's house as their home. 

For someone who grew up in a household like hers, it is enough to melt her heart. Home. She wants that. 

She wants to have a home. 

"I have a bottle back home, Winter. Let's just go home, drink and talk," Karina said. She's beside Winter, wiping the plates they've used earlier. 

"Talk about what?" She asked, her shoulders shaking from laughter. 

"Things? I don't know!" Karina laughed as she nudged the younger woman with her body. 

"You're such an idiot," Winter mumbled. Karina just chuckled, she stuck out her tongue before putting the dishes on the rack. 

"And as far as I remember, you married this idiot," the taller woman said. She walked towards Winter and hugged her from the back. It was an intrusive thought. Winter's back seems to be inviting. So, she did what she had to. 

The younger woman was shocked. No one hugged her from the back before, except her sisters, maybe. She can smell Karina's perfume, and a hint of alcohol. She doesn't want to pry about that, so she buried it deep into her mind.

"Wha-what are you doing?" She stuttered. She stopped wiping the plates as she waited for Karina's response. 

"Can we stay like this?" Karina whispered. Winter nodded her head. She likes the warmth Karina radiates. 

"Are you okay, Karina?" 

"Rina."

"What?" Winter asked. Karina swayed their bodies together. She hummed a song as she closed her eyes. 

"You said you wanted to call me Rina, so please, call me that." She said. Winter chuckled as she nodded her head again.

"So, are you okay, Rina?" The younger woman put an emphasis on the older's name. 

"I am better now," she said, her chin resting on Winter's shoulder. Something about Winter makes her feel okay. And she doesn't want to lose it. 

"How about we go home and I'll tuck you in for the night?" 

"You'll do that for me?" Karina tilted her head. 

"Of course, silly! I would do a lot of things for you, you know." Winter said. She held the taller woman's hands. Karina felt an unfamiliar feeling creeping inside her. She feels dizzy and light. 

"And I to you, Winter. I appreciate that you've accepted my proposition." 

"I am drawn to you, Rina. Of course, I would accept that deal." 

They went home together. And as promised, Winter stayed until she fell asleep. But if Karina is not hallucinating, she heard something that the younger woman said before she lost herself to sleep. 

"Someone loves you, Rina. I do."