Sweet Creature

Nobody Gets Me (Like You)

Karina dropped Winter off. The young entrepreneur blushed as she walked inside the restaurant. Her friends are already there, except Lisa.

"When are you going to introduce me to your wife, bestie?" Yizhou asked as she wiggled her brows. 

"Stop it!" Winter hid her face as she blushed more. Her wife really had an enormous effect on her. 

"You look stupid, Minjeong." Jisoo said and chuckled. The younger woman pouted before sitting beside the older one.

"She was so nice, Unnie. Hot too." She mumbled and leaned on Jisoo's shoulder. It maybe a bit too fast, but it is true. 

"Who? Me?" Lisa asked. She just got inside the restaurant. 

"Keep on dreaming, ." Jisoo said as she raised her middle finger to the younger girl. Winter chuckled. 

"I think I am starting to like her." Winter mumbled. Right on cue, a panting Karina entered the restaurant. She is holding flowers in her left hand. 

"Sorry to interrupt the…meeting? I forgot to give you these flowers," Karina said and handed the bouquet to the younger woman. Yizhou smiled teasingly at her friend. She cleared .

"So, you're Karina." Yizhou smirked. Karina shyly offered her hand and chuckled awkwardly. 

"Karina Yu," she introduced. 

"I am Yizhou, your wife's best friend," she said. Karina bowed her head politely. 

"It's really nice to meet y'all but I have to go. I have surgery in about 20 minutes." 

"Then you owe us dinner with your family," Lisa said with a raised brow. Karina nodded her head.

"Of course. I'll put it on my schedule." Karina looked at Winter. She smiled and kissed the girl's forehead.

"I'll see you later, wifey." She whispered before leaving.

"Huh, that's interesting." Jisoo said. All of their eyes are looking at the tall woman. She walks with purpose, like she owns the whole place. 

She got inside her expensive car, before driving off. Drowning in student debt, but how can she afford that nice car? 

"What?" Winter asked, totally dense of what's happening. 

"Nothing. Shall we get ready?" Jisoo asked as she stood up. The rest followed right after.

"Isn't Jennie coming?" Lisa asked. It is not a secret that she likes the older Kim. But the latter is too busy picking fights with her rival and archnemesis to notice, or even date anyone. 

"She's busy dealing with a case. I heard her rival is on the same team as her," Jisoo said while chopping the vegetables.

"Who? Chaeyoung? I bet I'm much better than her if I try." Lisa said arrogantly. Yizhou laughed at their older friend.

"Please, Unnie. You barely graduated." She said mockingly. Lisa rolled her eyes. 

"You're one to talk," Winter chuckled. Her heart is full. She still has her friends and family who adore her so much, in addition, she now has a wife. A wife that is willing to drive back because she forgot to give her flowers. A wife that would cook for her, and drop her off when needed. 

"You might cut your fingers daydreaming about your wife," Yizhou said and nudged her friend. Winter glared at her. She's thinking about a certain surgeon, but she won't admit it, not even to her best friend. 

"I am not daydreaming!" She said and rolled her eyes. 

The day passed by really quickly. 

"Hey, Minjeong. Jennie asked me to drop you home, that okay?" Jisoo asked. She's wearing her casual clothes. Winter looked at her wrist watch and nodded.

"Okay, Unnie. That'll be nice." She whispered. 

They closed the shop together before walking to Jisoo's car. 

"Where's your wife?" She asked as they settled inside the car. 

"She's busy, I think."

"She should have let you drive your own car, then." Jisoo said before rolling her eyes. Winter noticed the tone. It's the tone Jisoo uses whenever she dislikes something. 

Winter could let it be. The deal is just for two months, and they'll sign divorce papers. But she cannot push the uneasiness away. 

"Why don't you like her, Unnie?" Winter asked. Jisoo hummed. 

"Something about her doesn't feel right, Minjeong. Who in the right mind would buy an expensive car despite having a load of debts?" Winter leaned on the car's window. 

Karina has a really nice house too. 

"Do you think she's lying?" Winter asked. Jisoo shrugged.

"Maybe? Promise me, you'll not fall for her. At least, not when she's obviously hiding something." Winter nodded her head. She is so grateful that she has a sister like Jisoo. They may not be blood related, but she still see them as family. 

After a few minutes, they arrived at Winter and Karina's shared house. The chef really cannot call it her home yet. Because she's still a stranger living with another stranger. 

"Thank you, Unnie. Do you want to go inside? Drink coffee or something?" Winter asked. Jisoo chuckled before shaking her head. 

"No need. Call me when you need anything, yes?" Winter nodded. She planted a small kiss on the older woman's cheek. She waited until Jisoo's car  was out of sight before going inside the house. 

Karina's scent is everywhere. She saw the older woman sleeping on the couch. She's still wearing the clothes she wore earlier. When she stepped a little closer, Karina suddenly sat. Winter yelped in surprise. She looks at Winter cautiously. 

"Y-you're home. Sorry," Karina said. 

"I didn't know you'd be here." Winter mumbled. She smiled gently. 

"Work ended earlier than expected. Have you eaten dinner? I can cook something." Winter shook her head. 

"Let's just rest for now, Karina. Shall we?" The younger woman offered her hand which the older gladly took. 

"This is nice," Karina said as she squeezed the younger's hand.

"Then get used to it! You have to always hold my hand," the younger teased. Karina shrugged.

"I'm already used to this."