Bad Decisions

Nobody Gets Me (Like You)

Karina woke up with a massive headache. She looked around and saw that she's inside her bedroom. It is a miracle that she got home in one piece. She prayed to every god she knows that she did not do anything stupid last night. 

She heard a groan beside her. Right on cue, a head appeared beside her. She shrieked in surprise.

"Miss?!" She tried to nudge the woman's body and stood up. She paced back and forth inside her room and thought back. What happened last night? Why did she get home with a very beautiful woman and still fully clothed? She is a gentlewoman, but she cannot see why she went home with someone and not have . 

Her head throbbed. Flashes from last night started filling her pretty head. 

her and her impulsiveness. But, she probably didn't marry the girl, right? Those people might notice how drunk they are, right? 

Winter, is it?

"Ka-karina?" The woman quietly groaned. 

"Win-winter! Hey." Karina started looking around her room and secretly kept the things that should have been hidden in the first place. 

"My head hurts, damn." The shorter woman mumbled. She opened her eyes and shot a smile at the owner of the bed.

"How did we get here?" Karina asked as she looked away. She's sober now, and why didn't anybody warn her about the chef's beauty?

"I honestly don't know. Sorry for imposing. I better head out," Winter stood up and smiled. She gathered her things to quickly walk away from Karina, because they promised to be strangers again. 

Last night was undeniably the best night out for both of them, but that's that. 

"Uhm, you can stay? I can make us some breakfast while you freshen up? I can lend you my clothes," the surgeon said. Her hand clasping on Winter's arm. The younger girl hummed as she thought for a moment. Will it be a good idea, though? 

Karina looks harmless. She is not a serial killer, is she?

"You are not going to kill me, right?" Winter's intrusive thoughts won. She blushed when she realised what she said.

If the older girl had no reasons to kill her, she just gave her one. But instead, Karina chuckled and shook her head.

"Take a shower. I won't kill you," she slightly pushed the younger girl towards her bathroom. Once Winter entered her bathroom, she jogged downstairs and saw her friend, Giselle. The latter is smiling at her teasingly. Her eyes sparked with mischief. 

"Did you get laid?" Her friend asked with a smirk. 

" off," Karina said, her voice clearly shy. Giselle started to laugh hysterically.

"I will tell Rose unnie and Minju about this," her friend said and took out her phone and began typing. 

"You should head out before she finishes showering." Giselle wanted to complain but she knows that the taller girl is right. She got her things before tapping the girl's shoulder.

"We have a new case, by the way. See you later," Giselle mumbled before heading out. Karina sighed and rolled her eyes.

She started cooking brunch for herself and Winter. 

"I didn't know you could cook," an angelic voice from behind said. Karina shrugged before setting the plates on the table. 

"Surgeons can cook too," the older woman said and sat in front of Winter. The latter hummed as she helped herself. 

"It tastes good." Winter mumbled. Karina flashed a bright smile as blush creeped onto her cheeks. 

"Eggs are not that hard to cook, are they?" Karina mumbled shyly. 

"Still, I am impressed." Karina scoffed and shook her head. What is there to be impressed about? She just cooked eggs. 

"So, we did not do something srupid last night, right? I mean I remembered us telling each other vows," Winter said while tapping her fingers on the table. That place might not be legit, anyway. 

"Huh, so you're my wifey?" Karina teased. She wiggled her eyebrows at the younger girl. The latter blushed. Why does Karina look so stunning at this time of the day? Even prettier than last night.

"And I remember that you promised to tell me one fact if I married you." 

"Strawberries are not berries, but bananas are." Winter raised a brow.

"Why do you know that?" 

"I just do! Now, make yourself at home. I'm gonna drop you off at your house," she said and stood up. Winter only nodded as she watched the taller girl's retreating figure.

Winter put the dishes on the sink before walking around the house. Karina's home is cozy but at the same time, big. 

There are no pictures displayed anywhere inside. There were paintings, but no photographs. That's weird. She started humming as she looked at the book shelf. Medical books, typical. 

"Did I make you wait long?" Karina asked. She's wearing a pair of jeans and a hoodie. Her right hand holding a sweater.

"Oh no, you did not." Winter said and shot a smile at her. The surgeon handed her the black sweater. 

"It'll rain. So, do you want to go now?" Winter nodded her head. As much as she liked spending her time with the older woman, she has a business to tend to. And sisters and friends to talk to.

"Can you drop me off at my restaurant? I am actually pretty late," Winter asked shyly. The taller girl shrugged and opened the door. 

"Come on then!" 

For a busy surgeon, Karina sure is very very very cheerful. 

They spend the whole ride quietly. It was a nice ride. 

"So, this is you." Karina said as she parked her car in front of the restaurant. 

"You can come by anytime, wifey. I'll personally cook your meal," Winter said. She emphasized wifey, to tease the older woman, of course.  

"I'll take note of that, wifey." Karina taunted. She inched closer to the younger girl. The plan is to help her with the seatbelt, but clearly, Winter wanted more than that.