Married in Vegas

Nobody Gets Me (Like You)

"Drink, drink, drink!" The people around her cheered. It must be her tenth shot? She doesn't keep count. Tomorrow is her day-off, must as well enjoy the night, no?

The crowd cheered when she finished drinking a pint of beer. She shot her arms into the sky and yelled. The crowd started to disperse when she shooed them away.

"You were quite the heavy drinker," a quiet voice said from behind her. She raised a brow and smiled, she's drunk. But the girl is very pretty. She is wearing a plain white shirt tucked on her denim shorts.

"Hey. I'm Karina, you are?" She introduced herself. The quiet girl sat on the bar stool beside her.

"The name's Winter," she whispered. The bar is loud, really, but Karina heard the gorgeous girl just fine.

"So, can I buy you a drink?" Karina asked. The girl shrugged.

"Why not? You're probably gonna be a stranger tomorrow."

They talked and drank for hours.

Winter is a chef who happened to have a restaurant downtown. She is only 23. She has three sisters, she's from a big family. Karina is 25 and is a surgeon. An only child.

"It would be funny if we were to get married, no?" Winter asked and chuckled. They went out of the bar to sober up. Karina laughed and shook her head. How did the conversation go this way?

"It would be really funny! I know a church nearby that is open 24/7! I heard they take care of everything, marriage certificates are included." Karina said and sat on the side of the road. She took out a cigarette from her pocket and put it between her lips. She got her lighter out and smirked.

"How did you know that?" Winter asked and sat farther from the older woman. Karina raised a brow.

"Why are you sitting there?"

"Because you're smorking and I hate cigarettes?" Winter answered and scoffed.

"Well sorry about that, I need to sober up, and cigarette help," Karina answered and chuckled. Winter rolled her eyes playfully before looking up at the sky.

"You didn't answer my question." The younger said.

"Oh, right! I just know! I mean other people know a lot of useless stuff, so why can't I?" Karina said and flicked her cigarette away from the two of them. She stood up and offered her hand to the younger girl.

"Really? Tell me one, then," the younger girl challenged. The older girl hummed.

"I know for a fact that chickens are the closest relatives of T-Rex." Karina said arrogantly.

"Wow, I didn't expect that you really know useless facts. I kinda want to hear one everyday," she said and smirked.

"Then I would frequent your restaurant! One fact for a meal, how does that sound?"

"Let's get married then!" Winter chuckled and shook her head in disbelief. She is drunk, so drunk that she does consider what the surgeon said. She gets to see the gorgeous girl, and learn one fact.

"Stop being stupid, Karina!" She laughed and took the taller girl's hand. They started walking in the church's direction.

"I thought I was being stupid? Why are we walking towards the church?" Winter's body swayed as she took the older woman's hand.

"Because they won't probably marry two drunk women!" The younger joked and started running to the church. The surgeon left behind shook her head and started running after the girl.

"Wait for me, stranger!" They entered the church hand by hand while chuckling to themselves. To some, they might look very much in love, but it is not that easy.

"Are you two certain that you want to get married?" A worker asked. Winter looked at the taller girl and smiled sheepishly. She hugged the surgeon's arm and leaned on her.

"She's really asking us, sweetie. I am really offennded. Don't we look cute together?" Winter said and pouted. She is usually shy and quiet. Demure. But what can she do? She has alcohol in her system. Her sisters will probably get mad if this marriage follows through, but it won't possibly happen. They are just two idiots who wanted to have a fun night.

"Please, marry us. By all means," Karina said and raised a brow. She has that aura that can command a room. Winter would be lying if she were to say that she is not attracted to the taller girl. 

"Your wish is my command." The worker said tiredly and led them to an officiator.

"Do you have rings?" The officiator asked.

"Oh, right! We are supposed to have rings to get married! Oh wait a moment," Karina fumbled with her jean's pocket and took the napkin from the bar. She carefully folded them to make a ring.

"Hey, that's not fair! Make me one for you!" Winter groaned and tapped the taller girl's shoulder.

After a few statements, the officiator told them to tell each other their vows. Without thinking straight, Karina started her vow.

"It'll be nice to have a chef wife! I am a lucky woman, am I not? And I am glad that it is you," Karina chuckled as she slipped the paper ring on Winter's finger.

The younger girl fake cried.

"I like shiny things, but I'll marry you with paper rings. Let's get it done, sweetie!" Winter quoted Taylor Swift and laughed at her own joke.

"I pronounce you newlyweds. You may kiss the bride," the officiator announced. They stared into each other's eyes. It was the first time that night. And oh boy, they are in deep deep trouble. Nonetheless, Karina's lips found Winter's pink ones. They can probably figure out the mess they have done once they sobered up.