Dangerous

Nobody Gets Me (Like You)

Karina blinked her eyes. Everything happened so fast. She shook her head to gather her thoughts before driving away. 

She does not have the time to think about the kiss. She doesn't even have the plan to see the younger woman again. Winter is amazing, and that's the reason why she cannot go back and ruin the chef's happy normal life.

She parked in front of an abandoned building before getting out. She missed the place. She was just here last week, but this place is home. This is what keeps her alive.

"What the hell did you do, Jimin? Why are you married?" Chaeyoung or Rose asked. She closed her eyes tightly. . She got wasted.

"I am? But I made sure to tell the church not to file the certificate!" She yelled. Karina is a short-tempered hot girl, her friends knew that.

"Maybe they didn't." Minju stood up from her seat and looked at them. She pointed at the computer and shrugged.

"What the do you mean?" Giselle threw a paper right on Karina's head.

"Why are you so hot headed, love? This Minjeong girl do anything to you?"

Karina raised a brow. Who the is Minjeong? Minju sensed the confusion and genuineness of the question.

"She is the woman that you married last night." Karina groaned. Winter is amazing and she can't take her mind off the woman, but frankly, she feels that what they did last night was a mistake. 

"Winter. Winter is her name," she corrected. The others looked at her incredulously. 

"Says here it's Minjeong," Giselle said as she read the file on Minju's computer. 

"Maybe Winter is her nickname or another name." Minju said and sighed. 

"Well, then file a divorce. You're a lawyer, Unnie. Go and do wonders," Karina commanded. Rosé shook her head.

"You do know we have a new case, aye?" 

It does not feel good. Why did her Rosé unnie ignore her request? 

"And? You can nullify my marriage in a snap." Karina said and snapped her finger loudly. Giselle started laughing, even hitting Minju who was sitting beside her. 

"Shut up, Gi!"

"Unnie can do that real fast, yeah. But y'know, you have to be married for this new mission. Since you've already done that part, well, guess you just have to stay married until after the mission," Giselle explained. Karina's expression changed. 

"I can't do that! Winter is a nice girl. I cannot drag her into this!" Karina threw her hand in the air. ing nonsense. 

"Let her finish, Unnie." Minju said.

"Look, you need this marriage for your next cover. I promise you, we'll monitor the woman." Rosé said and patted her younger friend.  

"Don't you think this is inappropriate?" 

"You don't have to tell her, Justice. This case is really important, and I will very much appreciate it if you take one for the team," Rosé, no, Prudence said. 

"Why would it have to be her?" Karina asked as she slumped her body on the corner. 

"Maybe it is fate. You know what to do," Giselle said and smiled apologetically. 

No one in the team wants to drag someone innocent in their job, but what can they do? They cannot risk an operation just because of a stupid mistake. 

"What is this case by the way?" Karina asked. Minju gives each of them a folder containing the details of the case.

"Human trafficking. A huge one, so we have to gain intel, as much as we can in a very short time. These animals started kidnapping their victims, which are all married women." Minju shared. Karina hummed as she flipped the report.

"Do we know how they kidnapped these women?" Giselle asked. Everyone in the room is serious, no one tries to make a joke. 

"We believe that they've been stalking these women, hence why they know they are married. There's been 30 cases in this area alone, we think there are more." Karina sighed. This is why she has to stay married then. She has to infiltrate the organization. 

"We have to start the operation as soon as possible. This is Kim Jongin, he is one of the leaders of the organization." Minju flashed a picture of a guy.

"What should I do with my wife?" Karina asked with a raised brow. 

"Make her stay until after the operation. And you know the rest." Minju said. 

Karina sighed before looking at the ceiling.

The rest? 

Like leaving the poor woman after using her? Like hurting the woman? 

Is this the price of helping the country? Is being alone the price of being her?

"I better get the girl then." Karina mumbled before standing up.

"I'll see you guys later?" She asked. Her three friends nodded their head. 

Karina drummed her fingers on the steering wheel as she made a left towards the younger woman's restaurant. Her phone chimed as she parked in front. 

The text contained a file containing everything about Winter. And by everything, she means school records, dental records, even the woman's past lovers. Minju's skill with computer and technology. After all, she is the team's computer prodigy, Temperance. 

While Giselle is the headstrong girl, Fortitude. The oldest, Rosé, is Prudence. The four of them were together since the very start. They got each other's backs, always and forever. 

The valet knocked on her car's window. The woman rolled her windows down and raised a brow.

"Are you going inside, Ma'am? I can park your car for you," he said. Karina went out of the car and strut her way inside. 

She sat on a table near the window. This business is booming, maybe the food here is that great. 

"Here's the menu." A woman said. She read the nametag pinned on her uniform. Jisoo. Pretty name for a pretty woman.

"Oh, uhm, can I ask for a favor?" She asked and chuckled nervously.

"Sure?"

"Can you ask Winter to come here? Tell her I'm her wife," Jisoo's eyes widened, but she complied right away. 

Karina started using her phone while waiting for the younger woman. 

"Wife? Really, Karina?" The younger woman asked. Karina chuckled and put her phone on the table. 

"Can we talk?" The surgeon asked. 

"Sure, please." She sat in front of the woman. They remained silent for a while. 

"I want to stay married," Karina was the first to break the silence. 

"Why is that? We can remain friends, but I don't know about the marriage thing." She said. Of course, Karina agreed. But she needs the woman. 

"Because I really like you." She lied. Because she is incapable of feelings. She is a spy after all.