Too Fast

Nobody Gets Me (Like You)

"Pardon?" Winter asked with wide eyes. Did the woman in front of her just confess?

"I said I like you," Karina whispered. She averted her gaze from the younger woman. Who would even like someone in just a day? 

"How is that possible?" Winter mumbled under her breath.

"Look, just give me time to prove how much I like you. I promise that I won't do anything that makes you uncomfortable," Karina sighed. The words left a bitter taste. She does not want to use the poor woman, nor does she want to lead her on. Not to brag, but Karina thinks she's pretty easy to love. She's a catch, except for the fact that she has two jobs, and one of them is very dangerous.

"Uhm, can you give me some time to think about it?" Winter asked. Karina nodded her head. She can take that. The older woman noticed three women walking towards their table. They must be Winter's sisters. 

"Is this Karina?" Jennie asked rudely. She even pointed her finger at the surgeon without even sparing her a glance. Karina scoffed internally.

"Yes, I am. You are?" Karina asked, pretending she doesn't know any of their names. 

It is so tiring living a double life. 

"I am her older sister," Karina wanted to roll her eyes. Jennie is really really protective of Winter. 

"Oh, nice to meet you." The surgeon faked a smile. This day is too long. She wants it to be over, she wants to rest. 

"Are your intentions pure?" Chaewon asked and giggled. She's the twin sister. Karina was stunned. Is she really getting to know the family in less than 24 hours of knowing Winter? 

"Yeah? Uhm, I'm sorry but this talk is too sudden." She answered as she scratched her eyebrow. 

"What do you do?" Taeyeon asked. They're already seated on the same table as her and Winter. They lost their parents recently, and must explain why they want to protect her. 

"I am a trauma surgeon from Yu General Clinic," she answered eloquently. Fact. 

Karina is a curious kid, and always bored. Thanks to her eidetic memory, she doesn't have to put so much effort in studying. Must be why she became a surgeon at a young age. 

Well, and then her being a spy or agent is just for fun. She's bored, so why not? The other three joined her because like Karina, they want to have fun. They want the adrenaline rush. 

"You know the owner?" Chaewon asked. Karina creased her forehead. Why aren't they introducing themselves? She knew their names, but they didn't know that. Rude. 

Winter may be the sweetest Kim. Kindest too. They're all gorgeous, but Winter is the most gorgeous of them all. 

"Oh, no. Just a weird coincidence." Lie. Of course she knew. Her parents own the hospital, which must be why she chose to be a doctor.

She looks at the woman she married and notices how stressed she looks. Poor baby. 

"Huh, so you're poor then?" Jennie taunted. Karina chuckled lightly. 

"I am drowning in student debt if that's what you're really asking." Taeyeon hummed. Is this woman for real? They are really going to talk about money?

"But you married my sister! Shouldn't you lie so we can approve of this relationship?" Jennie asked again. Karina's lips tugged upwards. All she does is lie, what makes them think that she'll tell them the truth?

"If I lied, would it be better? I'm gonna lose Winter's trust, and yours as well. I just don't see the benefit of lying right now." She reasoned out. Her fingers brushed through her hair. Gosh, she wants to go home. 

"Right now? So you are going to willingly lie to my sister?" 

"I don't know, but I promise not to lie to her for my own benefit." Karina answered. Her job really helped in situations like these. 

"You drive a nice car." Chaewon mumbled. She is getting tired of answering these questions. She only needs Winter and their marriage certificate, she doesn't need her wife's family. She felt Winter's hand on her knee. She doesn't know why and how the warm hand calms her. 

"It's second hand." 

"Looks bran—"

"Can Karina and I talk privately, Unnies? I'll talk to you all later, that's all right?" Winter cut her sisters off. Chaewon wants to speak but Winter shakes her head. 

"Lisa unnie! Can you these ladies to my office?" Winter said when another woman walked near their table.

Karina smiled politely. Lisa is pretty too. Are all the workers here pretty? Lisa started dragging Jennie to a closed door across the table. The two willingly obliged to the youngest sister. 

"So, where were we?" Winter asked. She looked straight into Karina's eyes. 

"Uhm, the marriage. Please?" Winter hummed. 

Karina's eyes are blank. It is the total opposite of the words she's been spewing. Winter should have ended it right then and there, but she didn't. She is intrigued. What lies behind those blank eyes? 

Maybe, she doesn't need time to think about it. 

"Okay then. But just for two months."