I Don't Sleep Just So I Won't Miss You

Can 2 Injured Souls Save Each Other

“Sungjong!” Sungjong turned to see a familiar nurse jogging towards him.

            “Noona!” Sungjong smiled.  He walked stiffly to her to meet her in the middle. She grabbed onto him as he almost stumbled.  His muscles had steadily been diminishing.  It was hard to do anything strenuous these days.  But on a good note, he could eat without throwing up and his doctors liked the way that Sungjong was recovering. 

            “He hasn’t slept in days!”

            Sungjong furrowed his eyebrows as he started heading towards that familiar room, “Is he okay?”

            “I don’t know.  He won’t speak to me.  But he’s been sitting in bed without moving for the last few days.  Maybe for even a week.”  The nurse was following Sungjong. 

            Sungjong stopped in front of the door and sure enough Myungsoo was sitting upright on his bed.  He looked so tired.  His head was slightly drooped and his chin was almost touching his chest but when he heard the footsteps his head shot up. 

            “Myungsoo!” Sungjong said as he walked towards the figure.

            Myungsoo tried to get up but Sungjong reached him faster.  He quickly stopped Myungsoo by holding him down on the bed. 

            “You…you came.”

            Sungjong couldn’t believe how soft Myungsoo’s voice had gotten.  It sounded weak and shy.  Almost hesitant. 

            Without a word, Sungjong threw his arms around Myungsoo.  Myungsoo fell back from exhaustion and purposely made Sungjong fall on top of him.   

            “I missed you,” Myungsoo murmured as he sniffed Sungjong.  He smelled like lemon mixed with chocolate.  And it smelled nice and refreshing, “I thought you abandoned me.”

            “I didn’t abandon you,” Sungjong said guiltily as he shifted his position so he was beside Myungsoo on the bed. “I visit you every week I’m here,” he continued softly.

            "I know that now.” Myungsoo turned so he was facing Sungjong completely, “I’m taking off my bandages tomorrow.”

            Sungjong froze as he heard those words come out of Myungsoo’s mouth.  He was happy.  He was really happy but at the same time a part of his heart was breaking.  If Myungsoo regained his sight then that would mean he wouldn’t have to stay in this hospital.  He wouldn’t be able to see Myungsoo anymore.  Sungjong swallowed as he looked at his own skinny arms.  Myungsoo would hate him.  He didn’t look cute or handsome.  He didn’t deserve someone as handsome as Myungsoo.  ‘It would be the end before it even began,’ Sungjong thought.  He forced a smile on his face and patted Myungsoo’s bandages, “That’s great!”

            Myungsoo frowned.  Could he sense what Sungjong was really thinking?

            “You’ll be here when I get them off right?”

            “Huh?” Sungjong began absentmindedly.

            Myungsoo grabbed onto Sungjong’s waist tighter and Sungjong felt his heart patter like crazy. 

            “Don’t abandon me, Sungjong.”

            Sungjong gulped.  That wasn’t what he was afraid of. 

 

            Myungsoo felt Sungjong slipping away from him again.  The boy was silent when he’d asked him to be there tomorrow when the bandages would be taken off. 

            “I need to go,” Sungjong said silently. 

            Myungsoo started to panic and squeezed Sungjong even more tightly.

            “Ouch!”

            “Please don’t leave!  You just got here!” Myungsoo said.  He nuzzled Sungjong.  The boy wasn’t as skinny as before and that was a big relief. 

            He could almost hear Sungjong contemplating on what to do.  And he could feel the boy’s heart rate speeding up as well. 

            Finally Myungsoo felt Sungjong hug him back. 

            “Fine I won’t leave.  Let’s just stay like this for a while.” 

            Myungsoo frowned that Sungjong hadn’t really answered him, but it turned into a smile as he felt a small head nudge itself just underneath his chin.  Finally Myungsoo could get some sleep. 

 

aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh finally Myungsoo will get his bandages taken off!!! But will his vision return??? Will I troll you guys XD hehe *evil laugh*