Winter Wonderland

TAEUN Playlist

 

 

“Give me you hand” he had extended his hand for her, as she gave a blank stare before skiing ahead instead, 

“Naeunah!” “Wait for me!” he shouted, as he continued to go behind her, afraid that she might fall again.

They were at the ski-resort as it had been snowing for a week and they wanted to go for the skiing date anyway after a long time as it was the time of the year finally.

Naeun had learnt a new freestyle technique related to jump from the internet and was in preparation to try it today with Taemin, she was very excited teaching him what she had learned thoroughly one by one after they had warmed up for a while, as they both decided to put it in action then…. and as a result she ended up failing badly at it, but Taemin had nailed it like a pro. And then to her surprise, she came to know then that he already was familiar with the same technique, had practiced it a few times too when he had gone skiing with his friends without her, and he didn’t mention a word when she was making a fool out of herself here now.

She was pissed. She was being sincere and even failed sincerely but that wasn’t the issue, the issue was Mr Lee Taemin, who liked watching his girlfriend getting clowned by him, as she was totally done with him and his unending pranks on her.

She skiied on her own for the rest of the time, and he was almost busy chasing her all that while, as skiing for the last four years, she was quite good with her speed now.

He tried reaching her, but she was in no mood to take a break today, and it ended up being a strictly skiing session rather than a sweet date.

He needed to resolve her anger but he also knew it would still take time, he had no idea she was so serious about learning that technique, he just wanted to prank her in long time seeing her innocent enthusiasm, but it backfired badly for him to resolve it only with words now.

After changing their clothes, they had their dinner at the cafeteria in the resort itself, and she was adamant as always with her silence throughout the dinner, and he was familiar with this angry silence now, so it was less scary & more adorable, but was ofcourse bothering him as it was extending longer

And this wasn’t even a percent of the scary fights they have had in their four years of togetherness. He was relaxed but still he needed to talk to her, it was Christmas and they were out for a date tonight, he couldn't see the time just pass between them in silence.

“Should we take a walk?” he suggested, before they could go back to their room, it was the only way he could think now to be with her till her anger subsides, and make sure her mood gets better again soon.

She took a glance at him, before walking to the exit door, making him follow her, as they were on the street near the resort soon.

There was a large Christmas tree in the middle of the park, at a short distance from the resort as they started walking in the direction of the tree together.

She was walking beside him, keeping a fair distance between them, watching the street decorated with fairy lights because of Christmas. 

Before they could plan anything for this year’s Christmas they had got into this fight now.

She was quiet, lost watching the decoration around, as he was watching her from the side, uninterrupted, trying to guess the state of her mind before saying anything.

She started rubbing her hands that were getting cold slowly to warm them up, and sniffed her frozen nose to take a long breath, as he reached for her hand then, grabbing it to pull it to the pocket of his coat, as she was pulled closer eventually, making their shoulders brush against each other while walking now.

She was too flustered to be angry anymore, her cold hand was melting in his warm one inside his pocket, and so was her little left anger she had preserved for her own benefit at the corner of her heart, “It’s getting colder” he whispered, making her look at him, as he shifted his eyes on the road then, but she continued to stare now, making him smile, sensing her gaze on him.

She hardly was upset anymore. And when he was smiling like this, she didn’t even have another option but to adore him.

At this point, she didn’t even know how much part of her heart she had already given to him, that she was under his spell like this.

“Why are you watching me like that?” he asked, making her snap out of her daze, 

“For no special reason!” her eyes shifted on the road as well now, as she felt heat rising up her cold cheeks, making her bite her lip in embarrassment then.

Though she knew her anger had all gone, she didn’t want to give it away so easily, and it was fun in making him pamper her at such times, at least she deserved that much for giving him all the control over her. So she tried being busy on her own to ignore him and instead, ended up focusing on their footprints on the road filled with snow then, as she noticed how their footsteps were matching as her small and his slightly larger foot made a mark on the thick layer of snow every time they took a new step…

She had a soft smile, that he had noticed, knowing what she was doing since a while now, as he stopped walking, making her pause too, as he pulled her hand he was holding inside his pocket, to interlink their fingers, putting it back inside again, “This is more better” he sniffed, trying to breath through his frozen nose again, as her lips left a quick chuckle without her being conscious of it.

They have had their fair share of fights in these four years, small & big, and though this one was not just smallest from all those they had before, for some reason he was feeling this sense of gratitude now that they always had a way to reach each other.

She was the reason he wanted to solve every little fight, and she would act hard to get when he was at fault but all of that push & pull had just brought them closer with time.

He was overwhelmed suddenly with that warmth in his heart, recognizing, all of it was for her and only her.

Suddenly he could feel how deep these feelings had grown through the years, and his heart was heavier with that emotion of love than anything else right now.

He tightened his grip on her hand in his pocket subconsciously in that slight wave of fear of losing her because of some scary fight, ahead in future, unlike this one, as she looked up to notice his teary eyes.

She stepped ahead to stand in front of him, surprised by the sudden tears, “Why are you crying?” she whispered in concern now, if she had hurt him instead, by acting upset over literally nothing.

“I’m not upset anymore” “I was just-” he giggled, making her pause, as the tear fell down, his calm eyes shifting on her, as she was staring at his smiling face, confused about what was going on with him right now.

“Do you know how happy I’ve been every Christmas because of you?” his eyes were shining with the wetness, as she walked ahead, reaching to palm his face with both her hands, “Did I make you sad this time?” she was feeling bad for fighting with him in their favorite time of the year.

“No!” he shook his head in denial, closing his eyes, as his lips went up again for a wide smile, “Even this year, I came to realize how happy I can be when I’m with you” he added, opening his eyes again to watch her, making her caress his cheek, as she was smiling back finally.

“I get scared of our fights these days” he kept going, watching her silent gaze on him, as she was amazed by his words, 

“What if you get tired of me someday?” he felt the tears rising up his throat, as she went ahead wrapping her arms around his neck, pulling him into a hug, “Why would you think something like that?” she cooed, crossing her arms around his shoulder tightly, as he then naturally wrapped his arms around her waist, resting his chin on her shoulder himself.

“Promise me you’ll spend every Christmas with me?” she heard him, as she was giggling now instead of answering anything, as he pulled back in surprise, “Can’t you promise me that?” he was offended by absence of her response, as she ended up just laughing more, making him raise his eyes on her in question mark, almost forcing her to answer, as she nodded affirming then, happy yet shy about his cheesy question to answer in literal words, but he wasn’t satisfied and needed the words, “Promise me?” he emphasized, making her blush now, watching him going back to his stubborn self as usual, “Hmm” “Promise!” she blinked, reaffirming, but he still was staring with dissatisfaction, pouting too now, making her laugh out loud again, stepping back from his arms, holding both of his hands then, “What more should I say?” her eyes went wide this time, as she was lost for words with his sudden transformation into the cute version.

“That you’ll spend your every Christmas only with me” he repeated, as she bursted laughing again, before holding it back to speak again, as his eyes were focused on her for the answer, “I promise-” it was hard to keep herself from laughing again, watching his smile grow back but she could just see why he wanted those words from her, and it was making her heart flutter newly for the fact that she had always been more scared of losing him, and he would never knew of that fear of hers, so him asking for such promise here was precious than just a promise for her.

He was waiting till she had finished handling her hesitation & laughing in shyness, as she was ready to speak again, “I promise to spend every Christmas with oppa only” she had finished the sentence without interruption this time, making him nod with the smile, blushing, but she had got calmer then, after saying it out. 

They were in the middle of the road, staring at each other, crushing the ice under their feet since a while, as the white flakes started falling from the sky as well. 

It had started to snow again slowly & steadily, as Naeun looked up in surprise, “It’s snowing!” she held her hand out with open palm, as the flakes started collecting over her hand slowly, making her lips curve into a long smile.

He was watching her, as he noticed a snowflake on her eyelash too, reaching to dust it off, making her blink quickly in reflex, smiling brightly like a child in amazement now, “Ah, it’s beautiful” she looked up in the sky again, her dewy eyes sparkling bcoz of the lights all around them, as she watched the snow fall.

His chest was growing warm as he continued drilling his enchanted gaze on her till those magical eyes came back to match his, and with no prior notice, his heart had squirmed inside his chest in no time.

He had this thought somewhere at the back of his mind for a while now, that this was love. But, must have never felt this sure about it. 

He was in love with this person in front of him so much that the world looked beautiful just because she was here right now.

He was happy because she was smiling, and he wanted to be the reason for her happiness only, hereafter.

“What do you want to do this Christmas?” she asked, breaking his euphoria, as he smiled, lost for words, he was thinking what they had not done before, that they could do this time, 

“How about dinner with my family?” he asked, because it was the only thing that crossed his mind & felt so right suddenly with all his thought assembling together, but Naeun had turned more serious with her shocked face turning pale.

She was not expecting the invitation to a family dinner at all

Naeun had met Taemin’s mom & dad often, but going for a Christmas dinner meant he was also talking about meeting his extended family and introducing her to them. 

“Are you sure?” she asked instead, seeing him simply nod, so she had to ask again, “Why?”

“Because you’re the girl I love” “Why else?” He was quite relaxed, and she was not sure if it was casual as it looked, or serious as she was thinking, but anyway, it was equally nerve-wrecking the more she thought of it now.

He could read her confusion, when she was froze, as he felt her grip on his hand weaker now, as he released his hand from her grip to grab both of her hands instead, pulling her to move closer, “It’s not like they don’t know you” “And more than anything, I want to share them with you”

She blinked, watching his sincere gaze, feeling the rush of blood, as her cheeks grew hot, she didn’t knew she would feel this way by such simple words, as she gulped still short of words, and now even her heart was pumping faster for her to stay calm, as she was failing to keep her emotions in control, and she soon ended up smiling in silence, making him smile back.

“I’ll need to buy a pretty dress for Christmas then” she murmured, watching him scoff softly then, “You can’t be too pretty” “What if they steal you from me?” he was pouting cutely, as she closed her eyes, trying to hold back her laughter, when he touched her forehead with his, laughing himself and making her release her giggle too then.

 

 

 

 

A/N :

Just a very cheesy, greasy romance story I ended up writing now.... but I love Winter Wonderland that much & shinee's vocals especially in this song, so it's the first song that always comes to my mind when I think of Christmas.

I hope you enjoyed the story, and hope I didn't overdose you with cheesy Taemin, but we all know that's how he is.... 6v6!

Have fun in holidays...And I'll make sure to give you a new Christmas story asap!!! Merry Christmas everyone<3 !!