Cards on the table

Everything about her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Freen received a call from Becky’s mom and the woman invited her for a cup of coffee.

The actress realized that her co-star didn’t know anything about it and decided to find out what the older lady really wanted before mentioning it to the younger one.

The 24-year-old sent the woman the site of a very special cafe located in a quieter neighborhood and Mrs. Armstrong approved the suggestion.

They agreed to meet around 5 pm and the brunette arrived first.

Freen was feeling uneasy, and many things crossed her mind.

She wondered if Becky’s parents found out that they crossed the friendship’s zone and if the middle-aged woman was disappointed or even angry at her.

The short woman finally arrived and gave the actress a pat on the back and a kiss on her cheek.

__ Thank you for the invitation, Mrs. Armstrong.__ Freen said in a soft tone.

__ Oh no, dear. You either call me Rawee or Mom.__ The older woman grinned.

Surprised, the 24-year-old said:

__ But ma’am...

The older lady smiled:

__ Come on! You spend more time with my child than I do. We have to be close, too.

__ It will be an honor. I just don’t know how to choose. 

Mrs. Armstrong winked:

__ Let’s see... Even though I lived abroad for many years, I am and always be Thai. So I understand it’s hard for you to call me by my first name. So Mom it is. After all, you and Becca are something more than friends, aren’t you?

The actress blushed:

__ Erm...

Becky’s mother explained:

__ Don’t be afraid. My husband and I fully support you two. However, I called you because I wanted to discuss some things without Becca being around to interrupt.

__ Well, it feels strange to talk behind her back. Even though we are not exactly a couple.

The middle-aged female stated:

__ Yet, right? I know my daughter. She has changed a lot in the past months. And it’s all connected to you. Listen, I’m not blaming you for anything. That kid is stubborn. I’m just saying that she is getting bolder and more confident.

The 24-year-old admitted:

__ Becky is too precious. I care so much about her...

__ It is clear to me you do. But let me go straight to the point. I’m certainly not against this relationship. My concern is that Rebecca is not even 20 yet, and she has too much on her plate. I know her father likes you, too. However, he will not handle it well if she stops her studies or loses focus, for example.

Freen slowly nodded and remained silent for a few minutes before saying:

__To be honest, I have similar concerns. I won’t let her lose focus if I have a saying. However, that kid is pretty opinionated. 

__ Yes. She was very spoiled by my husband. And I feel guilty for working too much. So I end up going soft too. Knowing that you understand me makes things easier. I’ll also talk with Becca. Darling, count on me whenever you need. I see you as part of our family.

The 24-year-old blushed but smiled.:

__ Thank you... Mom.

Becky’s mother held the actress’ hand and smiled back.

__ x __

The stunning brunette watched her co-star drinking the third cup of milk tea.

__ Bec, you’re consuming too much sugar. It’s time to change your habits.__ Freen adv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter