Missing Pieces

Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A black side cut-out long sleeveless dress from Kume Studio was what Jihyo wore that day. It was Monday and it was her blind date day. Despite of being sad and frustrated due to her fight with Jongkook last night, she courage herself to be happy, faking a smile and be ready to meet her blind date.

 

             As she is done dressing herself with a little touch of makeup, she took her phone and called her mother quickly. Of course she wanted to ask her mother about what kind of man she would meet. Though she is not interested to know about it, but she has to since she wanted the blind date to be successful. Well, Jongkook has started it so that’s mean their plan has started to. It only the matters of whether the plan is successful or not.

 

             “Yeoboseyo, omma.”, Jihyo called on.

 

             “Yeoboseyo, Jihyo-ya. Don’t forget your blind date today. It’s 3pm at Frozen Café.”, Gwija informed as soon as she answered her daughter call.

 

             “Eo, arasseo. Na ara.”, Jihyo said.

 

             “Kuerae? Are you ready? Why are you calling me? Don’t tell me you’re gonna back out from this blind date, Jihyo?”, Gwija started to accuse her.

 

             “Aniya, omma!”, Jihyo denied.

 

             “Then what?”, Gwija asked.

 

             “I just… want to know… What kind of man is he? What is he doing for living? Where is he from? I should know at least that right?”, Jihyo asked.

 

             “Eo? What’s wrong with you, ddal? Are you finally going to be serious right now?”, Gwija smiled.

 

             “Daedap, omma.”, Jihyo said shyly.

 

             “He is a business man, Jihyo-ya. From Jo Group, one of the biggest insurance company in Seoul and recently having a collaboration with insurance company at New York. His name is Jo Insung.”, Gwija informed.

 

             “Jo Insung? His name is so familiar, omma. Are you sure I don’t know him?”, Jihyo asked in curious as if she had heard that name but can’t remember and recall when and where.

 

             “You know him? Aniya. I don’t think so. I saw his pictures but I am not familiar. Hajiman, he is so tall and handsome. Go get him!”, Gwija said in excitement.

 

             “Ahhh, omma. I just want to give it a try. I don’t want you to put your hope in me, omma. What if he doesn’t like me?”, Jihyo said to her mother.

 

             “Then all you have to do is to win his heart. That’s easy. You have your pretty look. And mwo? People call you as Cheon Sooyeon look alike now. I bet he likes you.”, Gwija said with confidence.

 

             “Mwoya, omma? People don’t look for look now. It’s attitude and good manners matter the most.”, Jihyo pouts.

 

             “Then just be good.”, Gwija said innocently.

 

             “Arasseo. I’ll try my best. Keunneo.”, Jihyo said as she bid her goodbye.

 

             After ended her phone call, Jihyo stared on the ground and zoning out. She doesn’t know what to feel. Feeling empty and don’t know whether she did a right thing or not. She thought of Jongkook but it quickly knocked her sense out. 

 

“I don’t care about you anymore now. Just do well for your blind date tomorrow and make sure it work out. I don’t even want to imagine having a fake marriage with you.”.

 

             That was the most hurtful things that Jongkook ever said to her. She immediately stood up and be ready for her blind date after having such thoughts. Though she got a lot to think, but there’s no one she can rant to. Since the one who she used to rant doesn’t want to care about her anymore. Plus, he has falling for his woman.

 

             After realization hit her, Jihyo entered the Frozen Café and quickly seat on the table where a handsome and tall man figure waved his hand to her. Probably, her blind date who named was Jo Insung.

 

    “Annyeonghaseyo, Jo Insung imni-… Eo? You are… the yeppeun voice. Keutji?”, Jo Insung greeted her and after a while he recognized Jihyo.

 

             “Eo? The dozing-off passenger. The one who came late?”, Jihyo asked to make sure while looking at him.

 

             “New York?”, Insung asked again.

 

             “Aaa ne. Majanhayo. It’s you. Omo. The world is so small.”, Jihyo gasped in excitement. Totally forgot about her heartache earlier.             

 

             “Ne. The world is so small. Wahhh I can’t believe I can see you again….? And ireum…?”, Insung said.

 

             “Song Jihyo.”, Jihyo smiled while reaching her hand to Insung to shake hand.

 

             “Keuraeyo. Have a seat Jihyo-ssi.”, Insung took her hand and asked her to sit.

 

             “Ne.”, Jihyo smiled while quickly taking her seat.

 

             “Before we get to talk, let’s have a look for the menu first.”, Insung smiled while giving Jihyo the menu.

 

             “Ne.”, Jihyo smiled. After taking a look at the menu, she decided to have a proper meal, no more dessert, nor coffee. She really wanted this to work out. Plus, she knew that man. Not deeply but at least.

 

 “I will have the creamy shrimp pasta, juseyo.”, Jihyo said to the waitress.

 

“Then I will have the same as her.”, Insung said to the waitress too.

 

“Ne.”, the waitress nodded and excused herself.

 

“So, Jihyo-ssi. I’m still surprise that my blind date is you.”, Insung said with his sweetest smile to Jihyo.

 

“No wonder your name seemed familiar. I asked my mother about that earlier.”, Jihyo chuckled.

 

“Keuraeyo? Keureom, since we have knew each other before, though for just a while, I guess we should know each better now?”, Insung suggested as he asked boldly to Jihyo. Though Jihyo is known as a mong, but she quite caught up for these things somehow. She has a lot of experiences due to her thousand blind dates before. 

 

             “Ne?”, Jihyo asked back as she hesitated. She still can’t get use to accept it but she tried hard.

 

             “Can I know you better, Jihyo-ssi? I know this seem so fast, but I think I fell in love for you the first sight. Since that day…”, Insung confessed while scratching his non-itchy neck.

 

             “Ne? How can you falling for me that soon?”, Jihyo asked as her cheek blushed.

 

             “It’s love at the first sight I told you…. Hajiman, I don’t force you. I just want to know you better and more about you. I guess, we can contact each other and meet outside after this blind date, Jihyo-ssi?”, Insung asked politely.

 

             “Ne… I think we can do that.”, Jihyo finally gave in for the sake of her heart, plan and mother.

 

             “Jinjjayo?”, Insung asked to make sure with an excited smile.

 

             “Ne.”, Jihyo nodded with a smile.

 

 

Sechan snatching the ball from his opponent team like a speed of light and ran to the goalpost. With his incredible football technique and skills that he learnt from Jongkook over years, he managed to avoid all the opponent’s team from snatching his ball away from his feet and quickly making a pass to Jongkook.

 

             Jongkook who is waiting in front of him right in front of the goalpost, Sechan passed it quickly to him. He was alone and the defend player from the opponent team came late to run over him and Jongkook quickly took his chance to show his skill as he made a score.

 

             The cheered was loud as Jongkook scored at the end of a minute with a lead of 2 scores ahead as if they won the World Cup Tournament. But to Jongkook and Sechan, friendly match is also a match where both of them took it seriously. It’s fun to take is seriously so that they can at least feel the competition spirit in themselves.

 

             “Daebak, hyung. You still got it.”, Sechan gave Jongkook a thumb up while wiping his own sweats.

 

             “Aniya. You did well too. If it’s not because of your passed earlier, I can’t made it. You assisted me.”, Jongkook chuckled while praising Sechan too.

 

             “Arasseo, hyung. Are you going home right away?”, Sechan asked.

 

             “Eo. I got nothing to do since the school break. Just working out for a while.”, Jongkook informed after he gulped his water in the black bottle.

 

             “Keurae? I thought you are going to follow Jihyo noona and Kwangsoo hyung everywhere during your break? It’s cancelled?”, Sechan asked again in puzzle.

 

             “Eo. It seemed like that.”, Jongkook answered and suddenly recalled about Jihyo. His heart ache after remembering what he said to her last few days. They haven’t contacted and meet each other since then.

 

             “Wae, hyung? I thought Jihyo noona is so excited about it. She even listed a place to go with you on her phone.”, Sechan revealed, making Jongkook surprised.

 

             “Jinjja? Ottoke ara?”, Jongkook asked while looking at Sechan.

 

             “Noona was asking about my well-being last few weeks and she told me that she was excited to go travelling with you that she even screenshot her travel list of you and her to me.”, Sechan revealed again.

 

             “Jinjja? Can I take a look at it?”, Jongkook asked Sechan.

 

             “Eo? Keurae.”, Sechan nodded and quickly took his phone to show it to Jongkook. “Yeogi.”, Sechan said while showing his text and Jihyo.

 

             Jihyo noona: (send picture) this is my travel list so far with Jongkook oppa. Just some best places in Hong Kong and Singapore since we will be going there first ^^

 

             “Jinjja ne…”, Jongkook said.

 

             “Wae, hyung? Noona didn’t tell you?”, Sechan asked in puzzle while looking at the clueless Jongkook.

 

             “Eo. She didn’t.”, Jongkook admitted.

 

             “You and noona is fine keutji, hyung?”, Sechan asked as he sensed something’s off about them.

 

             “Gwenchana. We just didn’t get to spend a lot of time this week. She has been busy.”, Jongkook lied. Telling Sechan about their fight might making a fuss as Sechan will tell to Somin while Somin will tell it to everyone, their friends. Though only Kwangsoo knew about it.

 

             “Aaa I see.”, Sechan nodded in understanding, though he can’t seem quite sure about it.

 

             Jongkook started to zone-out as he stared on the ground blankly. They have not been able to talk to each other over a week as both of them are so stubborn. How has Jihyo been doing? Did she succeed with her blind date? Is she okay? A lot of thoughts and questions has been talking in Jongkook’s mind these week but he doesn’t want to think about it. He even lied to Jihyo that he has falling for Eunhye just to make sure Jihyo succeed on her blind date. Is it that bad to do that to Jihyo? He thoughts.

 

             Jongkook gathered some thoughts again. Same thoughts again for a week. He has to hold out himself to not meet, talk and contact Jihyo for a week to see her reaction and hoping her blind date to work out this time. If he stuck with her for 24/7, the blind date would probably won’t work out so he decided to hurt her, though that is not his real intention. He misses his best friend. That woman, Song Jihyo.

 

             “Eo?”, Sechan said while looking at someone familiar in distance.          

 

             “Wae?”, Jongkook asked him as he is surprised by Sechan’s voice that made him broke his thoughts for a while.

 

             “She seemed familiar.”, Sechan said while looking closely at the familiar figure.

 

             “Nugu?”, Jongkook turned to look at the woman figure with a pink coat with her daughter beside her that Sechan has his eyes on. “It’s Lee Taemin’s wife and their daughter.”, Jongkook revealed.

 

             “Ne? Wife? Daughter?”, Sechan asked in surprise while opening his eyes widely.

 

             “Eo. Wae? Do you know his wife?”, Jongkook asked in curious.

 

             “Taemin had a wife and a daughter?”, Sechan asked again.

 

             “Eo. She was an American-Korean and her name is Son Naeun. They were married 5 years ago at New York when before Taemin got to transfer his job here. They had a daughter who age is 3 years old.”, Jongkook informed to Sechan.

 

             “Jinjja? I don’t know…”, Sechan said as he is surprised by Jongkook’s information.

 

             “Wae? What about it?”, Jongkook asked in puzzle as he doesn’t know what the sudden interest of Sechan to Taemin’s family.

 

             “Ani. I thought that woman… ani, Taemin’s wife is still not married.”, Sechan informed to Jongkook.

 

             “You know his wife?”, Jongkook asked.

 

             “She is one of my regular costumer. I can’t say that I falling for her but I like her…”, Sechan said with his voice shaking.

 

             “Ya. Are you a pabo like Kwangsoo? You can’t fall in love with someone’s wife and mother.”, Jongkook reminded Sechan as he hit his head lightly.

 

             “Nado molla, hyung… I’m glad I didn’t make a move yet.”, Sechan sighed while rubbing his head.

 

             “Ya. Why are you disappointed? You should be grateful that you didn’t make a move yet to her. You will get kill by Taemin! And what? You don’t know she is married? You don’t see her ring on her finger?”, Jongkook asked while showing his ring finger to Sechan.

 

             “I thought she wore it as accessories. Lot of woman wore a ring as accessories now, hyung.”, Sechan said in sullen.

 

             “But Jihyo didn’t.”, Jongkook suddenly mentioning his best friend’s name that he misses so much.

 

             “Jihyo noona yeoja aniya, hyung.”, Sechan said while looking at Jongkook.

 

             “Ya! How dare you said that about her.”, Jongkook defended Jihyo. Though they are not talking to each other, he will still do everything for her.

 

             “Then, do you see Jihyo noona as woman, hyung?”, Sechan pouted as he threw an unexpected question to Jongkook.

 

             “Aniya!”, Jongkook denied strongly as he is flustered by Sechan’s.

 

             “Mwoya, hyung? Don’t be so aggressive. People will assume that you like Jihyo noona.”, Sechan revealed.

 

             “Aniya, paboya….”, Jongkook stuttered. “Keurigu, forget Son Naeun. She is someone’s wife.”, Jongkook quickly changed the topic.

 

             “How can I?”, Sechan sighed.

 

             “Ya! Just do it. Instead of liking someone’s wife, you should start to open your heart for Somin. She is waiting for you.”, Jongkook advice.

 

             “Somin? Hyung micheosseo. I don’t like Somin.”, Sechan shook his head as he doesn’t like the idea.

 

             “But she likes you.”, Jongkook revealed again.             

 

             “Ne?”, Sechan opened his eyes widely.

 

             “You don’t know? It was obvious. She has her eyes only on you. I noticed it every time we had a gathering.”, Jongkook revealed once again, making the dongsaeng of him stunned in shock.

 

             “I don’t…”, Sechan said honestly.

 

             “We will have a gathering tomorrow at your restaurant as Kwangsoo and Jihyo will be taking their day off too, I guess you should start to look at Somin carefully. But don’t make it obvious. You will get caught.”, Jongkook said to Sechan while tapping his shoulder twice.

 

             “Eo…”, Sechan nodded.

 

 

The sparkling light decorated the surrounding with chilly air at the top of the rooftop. Variety kind of foods, dishes and not to forget the soju and beer as the must-have drinks every time they have their gathering. It’s been a long time that they have their time together and since everyone is free for the time-being, with Jihyo and Kwangsoo who had their day off, making it easier for them to have a gathering.

 

             “Yeudeura, it’s been a long time. Kyaaaa~”, Sukjin said in excitement while raising his toast.

 

             “Hyung is excited again.”, Sechan giggled while pointing at Sukjin.

 

             “He always is.”, Haha shook his head.

 

             “Instead of talking about Su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter