Heart Ache

Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihyo checked her luggage and stuffs before she got to go for work. Before that, she made an instant cereal oat to fill her empty stomach. She took her seat and eat her breakfast. She is smiling alone as she is excited by her next work flight travel on that day to Hong Kong, and Singapore the next day as Jongkook is joining her.

 

             Jihyo then washed the dishes after she used it for her breakfast and quickly went to put her stuffs and luggage in front of her door. She went to enter her bedroom again as she noticed that her phone is not with her. Phone is one of an important thing to anyone and she can’t forget that. Plus, she needs to call Jongkook.

 

             As she is done taking her phone from the bedroom, she looked at her text messages that she send to Jongkook earlier. But there were no respond. It’s been 20 minutes ago but Jongkook doesn’t even read her text. She wondered why and thought maybe he forgot and overslept? No, this can’t be happen! Jihyo said to herself in her mind. She quickly dialed Jongkook’s phone number and hoping that he will answer his phone call.

 

             “Jihyo-ya, wae?”, Jongkook asked Jihyo in his hoarse voice as soon as he answered her call. Thankfully. 

 

             “Oppa? Are you sleeping?”, Jihyo predicted.

 

             “Eo, wae? Why are you calling me…… 5am in the morning?”, Jongkook asked while looking at the clock on her phone.

 

             “Ya! Are you forgot? You are going with me and Kwangsoo today!”, Jihyo exasperated.

 

             “Eo? I thought I told you yesterday?”, Jongkook asked while sitting up on his bed.

 

             “Told what?”, Jihyo asked in puzzle.

 

             “I told you I won’t be going. I didn’t tell you?”, Jongkook asked to make sure. “Jihyo-ya?”, Jongkook called her as Jihyo is not responding.

 

             “You didn’t tell me…”, Jihyo answered in sullen.

 

             “Jinjja? Mianhae. I thought I already told you yesterday. I forgot.”, Jongkook sighed as he is frustrated by himself.

 

             “Wae? Why are you suddenly not coming with me?”, Jihyo asked in sullen again as she is sad by Jongkook’s decision.

 

             “Eo… I… I have a date with Yoon seonsaeng… this week…”, Jongkook said carefully.

 

             “A… mwo? A… date? This week… eonje?”, Jihyo asked to make sure as she doesn’t believe her ears.

 

             “Eo. Today and tomorrow so that’s why I can’t go with you. Keurigu, a date… not actually a date, Jihyo-ya. I tried to open my heart for her so I’ll give it a try as you said.”, Jongkook said to her.

 

             “Eo? Arasseo. I hope you and Yoon seonsaeng work out, oppa.”, Jihyo cheered sadly. She doesn’t know why was her heart felt so heavy and ache as she heard what Jongkook said. He has opened his heart for Yoon Eunhye now? Jihyo is confused. She is either afraid of losing her best friend or jealous. The latter seemed ridiculous, so it’s probably she is afraid of losing Jongkook. They are now taking this thing seriously. It will become more real once Jihyo attend her blind date next week.

 

             “Eo… I hope… too?”, Jongkook told.

 

             “Eo… Keureom, keunneo. I have to go now.”, Jihyo said as she bid her goodbye.

 

             “Keurae. Safe flight and mian-“.

 

             Jongkook doesn’t even finished his sentence but Jihyo has ended her phone call. Somehow, it’s leaving an ache on Jongkook’s too but he assumed that Jihyo is upset because he didn’t get to go to a travel with her like he said before. No one knows what they felt.

 

 

Han River flows through the capital city of Seoul, starting from three smaller streams in the central areas of Gangwon-do, Chungcheongbuk-do and Gyeonggi-do. The river has witnessed the history of the Korean for over 5000 years, through good and bad times.

 

             Jihyo likes to go to the Han River because it’s top of its beauty, provides a calm and a peacefulness away from the city busyness. However, Jongkook brought Eunhye there to show her how much he spends his time at the Han River too.

 

             “I rarely go to Han River though I live nearby here, Kim seonsaeng. I can’t believe I can take some fresh air here.”, Eunhye said with a smile as they sat side by side in front of the Han River.

 

             “I assure you that going here to take some fresh air worth it.”, Jongkook smiled.

 

             “Majayo. Anyway, thanks for the dinner earlier. I like it.”, Eunhye thanked Jongkook as she referred their dinner earlier at Vault Steakhouse.

 

             “Aniyo. I wanted to treat you some good food.”, Jongkook replied.             

 

             “Waeyo, Kim seonsaeng? Why you wanted to treat me some good food?”, Eunhye asked in curious.

 

             “Keunyang yo…. Keurigu, I like the steak at the restaurant… my friend and I used to go there. We are a regular costumer.”, Jongkook said while giving his lame excuse he can think of that night while scratching his non-itchy neck.

 

             “Keuraeyo? Your friend. That friend who video called you last time, right?”, Eunhye predicted.

 

             “Ne...”, Jongkook nodded as he knew that Eunhye is referring to Jihyo, his friend.

 

             “What is her name, Kim seonsaeng? I bet you really close to her since you always spending time with her?”, Eunhye asked as she is curious about Jongkook’s friend.

 

             “Ne. Her name is Song Jihyo. We are really close, Yoon seonsaeng. We are best friend and we have been friends for 12 years.”, Jongkook informed.

 

             “Wah 12 years? No wonder you guys look so close.”, Eunhye gasped.

 

             “Ne…We often spend time together. We shared the same interest. Both of us like working out, into an action movie and like to eat steak. And most fascinating things about us is, we are both stubborn.”, Jongkook chuckled.

 

             “Jinjjayo? You are stubborn, Kim seonsaeng?”, Eunhye asked as this is her first time to hear it.

 

             “Ne.”, Jongkook nodded with a small chuckle.

 

             “I wonder what she looks like. Yeppeoyo, Kim seonsaeng?”, Eunhye asked as she is curious about Jihyo.

 

             “I don’t know if you know about this. Hajiman, do you know Cheon Sooyeon? Of course you know, keutji?”, Jongkook asked to make sure.

 

             “The top actress? Who don’t know her, Kim seonsaeng?”, Eunhye chuckled. “Seolma, your friend look like her?”, Eunhye asked.

 

             “Ne… do you know the one who went viral few months ago? That’s her.”, Jongkook informed.

 

        “Jamkanmanyo… Nuguyo? Your friend? Your friend is that Song Jihyo? The my_songjihyo’s Instagram?”, Eunhye asked in shock as her eyes widen. She is surprised that Jongkook’s friend is that famous influencer on Instagram. Song Jihyo, who known as Cheon Sooyeon look alike.

 

             “Ne.”, Jongkook giggled as he is proud to tell Eunhye that Jihyo is his friend.

 

             “Jinjjayo? Keojimal hajimayo, Kim seonsaeng.”, Eunhye frowned while looking at him. Don’t know whether to trust him or not.

 

             “Majayo. I have a picture with her. You want to take a look?”, Jongkook giggled while offering to show his picture with Jihyo.

 

             “Keuraeyo.”, Eunhye nodded.

 

             “Yoegiyo. This is me and her.”, Jongkook said as he showed his picture and Jihyo. Even their pictures from 10 years ago.

 

             “Wah. Jinjjane…”, Eunhye gasped as she fascinated by it. “She really looks like Cheon Sooyeon.”, Eunhye admitted while still looking at Jongkook and Jihyo’s picture on his phone.

 

             “Keutji?”, Jongkook smiled.

 

             “How is she in real life, Kim seonsaeng? Jinjja yeppeoyo? Is she kind? By the way I heard her while calling you last time, she seemed so cheerful. I bet you like to be with her. Keutji?”, Eunhye asked in one breath as she is excited while looking at Jongkook, without realizing that her face is so close with Jongkook. Making Jongkook flustered with how close their face were. He looked and stared into her eyes, making Eunhye stopped too as she stared into his eyes. She then looked at Jongkook’s lip but Jongkook quickly looked away, afraid that his feelings would swayed. Why would he afraid as he ready to take the challenge?

 

             “Erhmm, ne. She is yeppeo and kind. And also… cheerful…”, Jongkook answered while stuttering but managed to control it well.

 

             “Aaaa, ne…”, Eunhye nodded as she succeed to escape her flustered too.

 

             “Keureom, should we go home now, Yoon seonsaeng? It’s almost 10pm.”, Jongkook suggested while looking on his watch.

 

             “Keuraeyo. It’s pretty late.”, Eunhye agreed.

 

             Despite being awkward earlier, Jongkook and Eunhye managed to talk in the car as they had their conversation. Eunhye surprisingly really curious about Jihyo. She even asked about who Jihyo is, her work and how she live and what kind of person she is. Did Jihyo just gained herself a fan instead of follower this time?

 

             Jongkook, who is a proud of his best friend, he compliment and praised Jihyo for numerous times from A to Z to her. He even told Eunhye about her love life where her mother involved that she had to go to a blind date every month. Just one thing that Jongkook didn’t tell Eunhye, their plan. It’s not like he is afraid that Eunhye would be thinking that he is using her, but he is more afraid to hurt her, and also Jihyo, so he rather not talking about that not to complicate things. Though he is really talkative but he knew which one he can talk and which one he can keep.

 

             “We are here, Yoon seonsaeng.”, Jongkook said as he parked his car in front of Eunhye’s apartment entrance.

 

             “Ne. Gomawoyo for today, Kim seonsaeng. I had fun and enjoyed spending times with you.”, Eunhye thanking him with a sincerity.

 

             “Ne. Nadoyo, Yoon seonsaeng. Gomawoyo.”, Jongkook nodded with a smile.

 

             “Hajiman, Kim seonsaeng. I have something to ask you.”, Eunhye suddenly stopped as she called Jongkook.

 

             “Ne. What is it, Yoon seonsaeng?”, Jongkook asked in puzzle.

 

             “I will just ask you straight to the point… Perhaps, are you interested in me?”, Eunhye asked boldly while looking at Jongkook.

 

             “Ne….?”, Jongkook asked as he is surprised by Eunhye’s question.

 

             “If you are, I think I can try to open my heart to you. I don’t want to make myself confuse.”, Eunhye said with a smile.

 

             “I’m not sure about it. But I think so…”, Jongkook said carefully.

 

             “You likes me?”, Eunhye asked.

 

             “I’m… not sure about that… yet…”, Jongkook stuttered.

 

             “Yet? Keuraeyo. At least I know that I can put hope in you, Kim seonsaeng. Keureom.”, Eunhye said as she excused herself.

 

             “Eo, ne…”, Jongkook replied while looking at Eunhye who was walking out from his car. He is speechless by Eunhye’s boldness. Will he succeed?

 

 

Heimat – which translates to ‘homeland’ in German, is a project that celebrates everything about German gastronomy and culture, wrapped up in a stylish, multi-room space in Central’s LKF Tower. The restaurant is owned by veteran Chef Peter Find; who formerly known as the Ritz-Carlton, offering an elevated German cuisine. As usual, Kwangsoo found a best place to eat in every country that he and Jihyo went to and that night they were at one of the best places to eat at Hong Kong; Heimat. 

 

A dish known as Koenigsberger klpos, or German pork dumplings in a creamy caper sauce, are as light as Shanghainese-style lion head meatballs – leading the chef to joke that the dish, combined with a sauce reminiscent of retro chicken a la king, should be renamed the Lion King.

 

Jihyo and Kwangsoo both ordered the same best menu in that restaurant; which is the Koenigsberger klpos as it’s the highlight of the evening, along with velvety kastianiensuppe or known as chestnut soup with fine threads of winter black truffle.

 

“Noona, an meoggeo?”, Kwangsoo asked Jihyo who picking on her food. But Jihyo just kept silenced as she is not aware by Kwangsoo’s calling.

 

“Noona.”, Kwangsoo called her again by tapping her hand twice.

 

“Eo, Kwangsoo-ya?”, Jihyo asked as she is surprised by Kwangsoo’s.

 

“An meoggeo? Why are you picking on your food?”, Kwangsoo asked while pointing to her food.

 

“Meoggeo ji.”, Jihyo nodded and quickly put the food into .

 

“Masisseo ji? I knew I found a great place again too this time.”, Kwangsoo smiled with his cheeky smile as he bragged about it. 

 

“Eo. Massisseoneunde. I think I would dislike German food.”, Jihyo nodded as she approved the food.

 

“Keutji?”, Kwangsoo smiled while raising his eyebrows twice.

 

The restaurant did changed the way people think about German food, which is certainly more exciting than the regular bratwurst and sauerkraut that people used to taste in Hong Kong paired with copious amounts of beer. The menu embraces traditional German dishes from the chef’s childhood memories with fresher and more cosmopolitan .

 

“Eo…”, Jihyo answered shortly.

 

“Mwoya? I don’t expect this reaction. Something bothering you, noona? Or are you just moody because of Jongkook hyung didn’t join us? I know you are excited a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter