Rule Who?

Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihyo looked around as if she was chasing by someone. She felt anxious and still figuring out if she made a right decision. Being with someone she doesn’t love and trying hard to force the feelings to come, made her more miserable. Overthinking has been surrounding her for few weeks and no one she had to talk to, made her lost. She is waiting for Jongkook to come for her, but never. He never showed up. 

 

             Jihyo even bumped into him with his colleague, where he claimed that she is her girlfriend but he lied. What is the purpose of the lied? Jihyo has been thinking about that much too. Does he really hate her that he is trying hard to avoid Jihyo and get out of her life? Is he really faking it all the time? For the 12 years they spend their time together? Sharing laughter, memories and all stupid and dumb things.

 

             “Jihyo?”, Insung called Jihyo who is zoning out while looking outside the window. She doesn’t even take a bite of her steak.

 

             “Ne?”, Jihyo answered quickly as she is surprised by his call.

 

         “Gwenchanayo? You look so lost.”, Insung said in worry.

 

             “Aniyo. Gwenchanayo. It just the views caught my attention.”, Jihyo lied with a smile.

 

             “Keuraeyo? You have to eat too. You don’t even touch your food.”, Insung said.

 

             “Ne.”, Jihyo nodded with a smile.

 

             Steak. Even the steak reminded her of Jongkook. It was one Jongkook’s favorite food. She’s taking a bite slowly while her mind was at somewhere else. She took a bite again and somehow Jongkook’s voice rang to her ear. 

 

             “I don’t care about you anymore now.”. 

 

Jihyo’s ear somewhat felt the pain as if a needle was pierced through it. She tried to ignore the voice and took a bite of her steak again.

 

“Just do well for your blind date tomorrow and make sure it work out.”

 

Jihyo closed her eyes and tried to think about something else. But she can’t. The voice kept ringing into her ears. She munched her food slowly with all the pain she had to bear. She took a deep breath and took a look at the half-meat steak on her plate. Insung kept talking to her but she can’t hear anything.

 

“I like to be here-“

 

“with you-“

 

“I hope-“

 

“you feel the-“

 

Insung’s voice with Jongkook’s voice were mixed and made her felt dizzy. She closed her eyes again but somehow managed to control it. She doesn’t want to worry the man in front of him. She doesn’t like to trouble people because of her so she decided to hold out.

 

Jihyo cut her meat into a dice shape size again and rapidly put it into . Slowly and gently. After she had calm down for few seconds, the voice is coming back.

 

“I don’t even want to imagine having a fake marriage with you.”.

 

“Arghh!”, Jihyo suddenly shouted while hitting her ears. She can’t bear it anymore.

 

“Jihyo-ssi?”, Insung called her as soon as he looked at Jihyo’s behavior.

 

“Gwenchanayo?”, Insung came to approach Jihyo again. But Jihyo can’t hear anything. She was in too much pain that she loss her hearing for few seconds.

 

“Jihyo-ssi? Jihyo-ssi?”, Insung kept calling on her as he took her seat next to her. He grabbed her hands to stop her to hit herself and finally Jihyo came to her sense. She was panting as if she had on a run.

 

“Jihyo-ssi, wae geuraeyo? Gwenchanayo?”, Insung asked.

 

“Ahhh? Ne… I just… I just kept hearing voices in my ears.”, Jihyo answered.

 

“Ne? What voices?”, Insung asked in worry while looking at Jihyo. She looked like her soul just left her body.

 

“Mollayo.”, Jihyo shook her head.

 

“You looked pale. Should we go to the hospital?”, Insung asked while rubbing Jihyo’s cheek.

 

“Aniyo. Gwenchanayo. Jinjja gwenchanayo jigeum. Keojeong hajimayo.”, Jihyo assured with her smile, though she was in pain. Troubling people is not in her vocabulary life.

 

“Jinjjayo?”, Insung asked again while looking at her.

 

“Ne. I think the steak here doesn’t suit my taste.”, Jihyo said while blaming the food just to find an excuse. It’s just the food reminded her of Jongkook and she misses that guy so much.

 

“Keuraeyo? Should we go somewhere else or do you want to go home?”, Insung asked Jihyo’s opinion.

 

“I don’t want to go home for now. We can go somewhere else.”, Jihyo said. 

 

Being at home making her more thinking of Jongkook. And she would probably spending her time on the bed while crying with the ceiling, bed, pillow, dressing table and all things in the bedroom witnessing her miserable life. 

 

“Eodiyo? Do you want to take some fresh air?”, Insung suggested.

 

“Ne. Can we go to the rooftop? I think it’s better.”, Jihyo said as she referred to the rooftop of the Four Season’s hotel where they were.

 

“Ne. Kaja.”, Insung said while taking her hand.

 

 

Jongkook grabbed the steering wheel while looking on the ground. A lot of things surrounded his mind. He started to overthink too. Did he really like Jihyo? Did he really denied his feelings for her? Did Haha, Kwangsoo and Somin prediction’s yesterday was right?

 

             Jongkook sighed. He then leaned his head on the chair while closing his eyes. He can’t denied that he really misses Jihyo for now. But he can’t accept the fact that he likes Jihyo. His mind is a mess. He is so loss for it. Suddenly, his phone rang and it showed on the screen that it was Somin.

 

             “Wae, Somin-a?”, Jongkook answered immediately while pinching his forehead.

 

             “Oppa eodiya? Are you coming to Jihyo unnie now?”, Somin asked.

 

             “Ani. Ajik. I don’t know what to do.”, Jongkook replied.

 

             “Oppa, jinjja! Are you still denying your feelings for Jihyo unnie?!”, Somin screamed in disbelief.

 

             “Molla, Somin-a! I don’t think this is right!”, Jongkook exasperated.

 

             “Wae, oppa? You think Jihyo unnie too quick to fall in love with that guy? She still think of you these days, oppa! You know her the best.”, Somin emphasized.

 

             “Am I doing the right thing, Somin-a?”, Jongkook asked out of his frustration.

 

             “Eo, oppa. You don’t believe me, Donghoon oppa and Kwangsoo oppa?”, Somin asked.

 

             “I don’t believe my feelings for her…”, Jongkook replied.

 

             “Because you kept denying it. You can’t accept the truth that you are falling for her throughout these years. For the sake of your friendship. But look now, oppa! Your friendship and Jihyo unnie is about to destroy. Ani! Already destroyed, oppa!”, Somin screamed again.

 

             “Then what do I have to do if it’s destroyed, Somin-a?”, Jongkook sighed.

 

             “You still can fix this, oppa. Do you want to lose her with someone that she doesn’t love? Do you think unnie will be happy after all that? Just look at her now. She is miserable since you guys not talking to each other. Since you threw all those hurtful words to her.”, Somin sighed too.

 

             “I should give it a try, keutji?”, Jongkook asked to make sure.

 

             “Eo. But you have to accept your feelings for her. Stop denying, oppa. Eo?”, Somin asked softly to calm down Jongkook.

 

             “This is frustrating!”, Jongkook screamed.

 

             “Nado, oppa! You’re not alone! Kwangsoo oppa, Donghoon oppa and me! We are all frustrated with both of you. And Jihyo unnie. She might be the person who is more frustrated out of all of us. Don’t you feel sympathy for unnie, oppa?”, Somin consoled.

 

             “I… molla….”, Jongkook groaned.

 

             “Oppa, you still have a chance. Can you grab this chance? Jebal…”, Somin begged.

 

             “Somin-a…”, Jongkook uttered.

 

             “Oppa, stop denying your feelings. I will ask you for the last time. Do you like Jihyo unnie?”, Somin asked carefully.

 

             “….. Eo… I think so… after all these years, I think so… ani… Yes, Somin-a. I…. I… like Jihyo… I just can’t… accept my feelings to her… like you said… because-

 

             “Because you love her. You don’t want to lose her for your selfish feelings, oppa. I know…”, Somin continued.

 

             “Eo….”, Jongkook finally admitted.

 

             “Now, ka. Palli ka, oppa. Before something happens to Jihyo unnie with that guy. Palli, eo?!”, Somin encouraged Jongkook.

 

             “Eo, Somin-a! Gomawo. I’ll go now.”, Jongkook said in a rush. Realization finally hit him.

 

             “Eo. Hwaiting! You know I always rooting for you and unnie. Keunneo.”, Somin said as she bid her goodbye.

 

             Fastening his seatbelt, grabbing the steering wheel, releasing the hand break while knocking his sensed out, Jongkook quickly drove to Four Season’s Hotel to come to Jihyo. Along the road trip, he hoped he is not late.

 

             “Jihyo-ya, wait for me. Naega mianhae, Jihyo-ya.”, Jongkook said while driving to the location.

 

             Few minutes after, Jongkook arrived at the hotel. He entered the hotel in a rush and went to the lift to find Jihyo at the dining area. She must be having her dinner there with Insung. After arrived at the dining area floor, he bumped into Insung and Jihyo who just entered the lift next to him. He tried his hard to hide from them and looked at the lift floor number where they stopped. It was rooftop.

 

             Jongkook pressed the lift number in a rush too and went immediately to the rooftop. He walked to enter the rooftop silently and peeked on Insung and Jihyo who stood not for from him. Jihyo looked so fine, he thoughts. But somehow she looks a little bit pale too. Is it because she is not wearing makeup? But she rarely wore makeup, so her bare face won’t be that pale. Jongkook wondered in his mind. He walked slowly to approach them not to get notice and putting his ears to hear their conversation before he get to approach Jihyo. He is afraid that he is late, so he waited a while.

 

          “Gwenchanayo, Jihyo-ssi? What was that earlier?”, Insung asked.

 

          “Gwenchanayo. Maybe because I don’t get enough rest. That is why I experienced that.”, Jihyo faked a smile while lying to Insung. She didn’t know what’s wrong with her but she did felt the pain and voices through her ears earlier. As if someone is haunting her.

 

             “Keuraeyo? You should get enough rest, Jihyo-ssi. Take it easy and don’t be so hard to yourself, eo?”, Insung asked while rubbing Jihyo’s cheek.

 

             “Aaa, ne…”, Jihyo flinched as she surprised by Insung’s touched.

 

             “You are pretty you know.”, Insung said while moving closer to Jihyo, making that woman taking her little steps backward.

 

             “Ne, gomawoyo.”, Jihyo said while avoiding his eyes. Somehow, she felt scared by Insung bold move.

 

             “Why are you retreating? I just praised your looks. Not your body.”, Insung smiled while hugging her waist.

 

             “I don’t… Please don’t touch me, Insung-ssi.”, Jihyo said while pushing Insung gently.

 

             “Waeyo? Are you scared of me? I just like you…”, Insung said.

 

             “Arayo. Hajiman, don’t touch me…”, Jihyo said carefully.

 

             “I told you I like you. Can I just kiss your alluring lip?”, Insung said while touching Jihyo’s lip, making that woman felt more scared.

 

             “I’m not ready for this, Insung-ssi.”, Jihyo pushed him gently again but Insung held out and hugged her waist. 

 

Insung quickly landed his lip on Jihyo’s as Jihyo tried her best to free herself. But because of Insung’s hugged was too tight, she can’t ever move nor pushing him. Her eyes started to get teary by Insung’s reaction. She was scared by Insung.

 

“Ya!”, Jongkook can’t hold it anymore and quickly came to approach Insung and punched him on his face till he fell on the ground.

 

“Arghhh!”, Insung groaned while touching his cheek.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter