Ridiculous Thought

Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As a beauty consultant, Somin determine customer’s skin types, concerns and style preferences and recommend products that fit their needs, tastes and budgets while demonstrating how the products work. She needs to extensive knowledge of beauty trends, skincare products, cosmetics and experience in sales, retail or related fields. And because of that, Jihyo often getting consulted by Somin regarding her skincare, though Jihyo is not that concern to manage her skincare.

 

             “Sonnim, I think this one is the best for you.”, Somin said to one of her costumers who came to the store and recommended the Glutanex Aqua Booster to her.

 

             “What is this?”, the costumer asked while looking at the product recommended by Somin.

 

             “This is Aqua Booster. A new facial hydrating cream. You can try this one. By the way, what types of skin do you have, sonnim?”, Somin introducing the new product while asking the costumer’s skin type.

 

             “I have a very sensitive skin type.”, the costumer sighed.

 

          “Gwenchanayo. This cream suits for every type of skin. It can restores, repairs and hydrates your skin, sonnim. Furthermore, it can improves your skin elasticity as it is quick to absorb. So, having sensitive skin like you, you don’t have to worry. This cream can helps.”, Somin said eagerly with a smile.

 

             “Jinjjayo? There’s no worries for people like me who has a sensitive skin?”, the costumer asked to make sure.

 

             “Ne, sonnim. It’s a hydrating facial cream. It’s also suitable for both dry and humid weather. It instantly calms and hydrates and also irritated skin.”, Somin informed with a smile.

 

             “Keuraeyo? Keureom. I will take one and the Glow Balm too.”, the costumer said as she pointed to the Glutanex’s Glow Balm too.

 

             “Ne.”, Somin smiled in satisfaction while taking the Glutanex’s Glow Balm and Aqua Booster to the counter.

 

     “Kamsahamnida.”, the costumer thanked Somin as she paid for the skincare.

 

             “Ne. Kamsahamnida.”, the costumer thanked her too with a smile and a light bowed.

 

             Somin then let out a light breath as she is done for the day. She checked the store and organized some of the products properly. After done checking some sales and stocks, Somin decided to clock out and go home.

 

             “Chogiyo, do you have a good micellar water? Any brands or product because I just wanted to try the best one.”, a costumer approached Somin again.

 

   “Jeuseonghamnida, we about to….”, Somin said politely to the costumer who approached her. But then she suddenly stopped as she recognized the familiar figure in front of her. “Unnie!!”, Somin called her with a big smile that she ever smiled for the entire day.

 

             “Somin-a.”, Jihyo greeted her with a smile too.

 

             “What are you doing here, unnie?”, Somin approached her with excitement.

 

             “I asked you earlier. I’m looking for the micellar water.”, Jihyo said with a smiled in a teasing tone.

 

             “Unnie, I thought you don’t use any micellar water. You think I don’t know you?”, Somin pouted.

 

             “Arasseo. I came here to meet you.”, Jihyo admitted with a smile on her face.

 

             “Jinjja?”, Somin asked to make sure as she doesn’t believe her.

 

             “Keureom? Who else is here other than you? I don’t see anyone.”, Jihyo said while looking around.

 

             “Eyyy, unnie. So tell me your real reason here.”, Somin consoled to hear the truth.

 

             “I told you to meet you. Let’s go to have a dinner together. I had a day off today and tomorrow. So why not?”, Jihyo smiled while raising her eyebrows twice.

 

             “Arasseo. Jamkan.”, Somin smiled in anticipation of Jihyo’s suggestion.

 

             Jihyo and Somin went to have a dinner at Wooraeok. Wooraeok is located at Junggu and the restaurant has been serving delicious Korean barbeque in Seoul since 1946. At the same time, the restaurant is also well known for its Pyeongyang naengmyeon, which is a Pyeongyang-style cold buckwheat noodles. While most versions of the dish feature a subtle broth and often derided as bland, but Wooraeok’s version is meatier and more flavorful. It is one of Jihyo and Somin’s favorite dish in the restaurant.

 

             “The naengmyeon here never disappoints.”, Jihyo exclaimed as she sipped the broth.

 

             “Maja, unnie.”, Somin agreed.

 

             “Ya, Somin-a. How’s your work these day? Gwenchana?”, Jihyo asked as she is done with her food.

 

             “Emmm gwenchana, unnie. You know. I might get promoted in few months.”, Somin said excitedly that her eyes almost popped out.

 

             “Jinjja? Ottoke?”, Jihyo asked with her big does eyes widen too.

 

             “It depends on the sale and my potential for this few months. Or perhaps few weeks?”, Somin said while tilting her head.

 

             “Anything I can help you?”, Jihyo asked Somin as she wanted to help.

 

             “Eo. Maja. I got something for you.”, Somin said as she took the Glutanex’s Glow Balm in her bag and gave it to Jihyo.

 

             “Mwoya?”, Jihyo asked with her mong expression as usual while receiving the product from Somin.

 

             “It’s Glow Balm. From Glutanex. I think you can use that since you don’t like to makeup, except for going to work. I know you only makeup when you go to work. So if you want to go out or a blind date, you can apply that if you are too lazy. It’s good and really popular these days.”, Somin explained to Jihyo.

 

             “Jinjja?”, Jihyo asked to make sure.

 

             “Eo. It is a portable moisturizing stick that contain glutathione which can make a skin brightening with a powerful antioxidant. It also contained seaberry oil which can protects your skin, helps to smooth and soften your skin. You should really try this. It’s the best of the best, unnie.”, Somin assured while giving a thumb up to Jihyo.

 

             “Arasseo. I’ll give it a try. Just apply it on my face, right?”, Jihyo asked again to make sure.

 

             “Eo, unnie.”, Somin nodded.

 

             “Keundae, Somin-a. Anything I can do with this thing? Anything that can help you?”, Jihyo asked while showing the Glow Balm on her hand. She really wanted to help Somin to excel in her work and get promote.

 

             “What possibly you can do with that thing, unnie?”, Somin asked back.

 

             “Keutji?”, Jihyo nodded as she also has no idea what she can do with that.

 

             “Eo! Maybe you can help to give some review or feedback about that product, unnie!”, Somin suddenly thinking of a good idea to Jihyo.

 

             “Review? Feedback? Ottoke?”, Jihyo asked with her mong face looking at Somin seriously.

 

             “Ani. You have an Instagram, keutji? Just make a video and review about it.”, Somin said.

 

             “As if I’m promoting it? Like celebrities?”, Jihyo predicted regarding Somin’s idea.

 

             “Eo, unnie. Unnie neun yeppeo janha.”, Somin convinced.

 

             “Aniya, Somin-a. I don’t want to and I don’t know how to do that thing.”, Jihyo said as she is disagreed with Somin’s idea.

 

             “Wae, unnie? You are suit with all this thing. Just post a video of you reviewing it with a hashtag. People will probably see it, unnie.”, Somin tried to convince Jihyo again.

 

             “Aniya. I’m not a celebrity.”, Jihyo shook her head as she is disagreed with Somin’s idea again.

 

             “You can be one of the influencers, unnie. Just make a review about it. Like the top star actress who is so popular. Cheon Sooyeon. She is the brand ambassador of Vidivici.”, Somin said with a smile.

 

             “But she’s an actress and stunningly beautiful.”, Jihyo said.

 

             “Ara. I just want you to give it a try, unnie. You are pretty too. Even without your makeup on, you are really pretty. Even woman like me fascinated by your beauty. Jebal, unnie.”, Somin tried to convince again.

 

             “Somin-a….”, Jihyo said.

 

             “This is your way to help me, unnie. Who knows because of your help I can get promoted in few months? Or perhaps few weeks?”, Somin persuaded Jihyo with her very last card she got to use.

 

             “Keurae? If it can help you then I’m willingly to do it.”, Jihyo gave in as she wanted to help Somin.

 

             “Gomawo, unnie!!”, Somin exclaimed as she touched Jihyo’s hands.

 

             “Hajiman, don’t blame if it doesn’t work. I may be pretty like you said but I can’t assure you that will help just because I’m promoting it. People may not interested in it. Plus, I only got 100 followers, Somin-a.”, Jihyo explained as she is not sure about Somin’s idea.

 

             “Arasseo, unnie. Keokjeong hajima. You can just put the Glutanex hashtag and the name of the product. A lot of people will probably see it. Trust me.”, Somin said with a wink.

 

             “Arasseo, nae dongsaeng. Hajiman, there’s a condition.”, Jihyo said while showing a finger to Somin.

 

             “Mwoya, unnie?”, Somin asked in puzzle.

 

             “If I’m succeed, you have to make a move to Sechan.”, Jihyo chuckled.

 

             “Gapjagi, unnie? Sechan?”, Somin asked in disbelief.

 

             “Ya! Don’t you dare to lie to me. I know you like him. Eyes can’t lie.”, Jihyo revealed.

 

             “Aaaa? Ne? Mwoya… unnie…”, Somin stuttered.

 

             “You like him, keutji?”, Jihyo asked while looking at Somin closely.

 

             “Arghh unnie….”, Somin flustered while looking at Jihyo’s eyes.

 

             “You don’t even deny it so I guess it’s true.”, Jihyo said while pulling away her face from Somin.

 

             “Is it that obvious?”, Somin asked Jihyo.

 

             “For me, yes. The others molla, Somin-a.”, Jihyo said innocently.

 

             “Arghhhh. I hope they don’t notice.”, Somin sighed.

 

             “But I think Jongkook oppa knew about it but he just remained silence just like me. You know oppa is like a detective and he is sharper than me.”, Jihyo said to Somin.

 

             “Maja….”, Somin sighed again.

 

 

Jongkook lie flat on the bench and set his hands just outside of his shoulder width as he started his workout for the day. He is making a barbell bench press workout which is a classic exercise popular among all weight lifting circles. From bodybuilders to powerlifters, the bench press is a staple chest in nearly every workout program.

 

             Jongkook continued to set his shoulder blades by pinching them together and driving them into the bench. He took a deep breath and allowed his spotter to help him with the lift off in order to maintain tightness through his upper back.

 

             After that, Jongkook let the weight settle and ensured his upper back remained tight after lift off. He inhaled and allowed the bar to descend slowly by unlocking his elbows. He then lowered the bar while groaning in a straight line to the base of the sternum and touched the chest. 

 

             The last part was where Jongkook had to push the bar backed up in a straight line by pressing himself into the bench, driving his feet into the floor for leg drive and extending the elbows. He did the workout for 3 sets and 10 reps to the maximum to make himself satisfied by his workout and exercise. 

 

             “Wahhh, this is so satisfying.”, Jongkook said in excitement after he has done with his barbell bench press workout. 

 

             Jongkook took a look at his phone and realized it was already passed the evening. He was there since morning and decided to grab some food, and visit Jihyo at her house. He is sure that Jihyo is only at her house since she is a homebody and only hang out with him. Sometimes with Kwangsoo and Somin too, and also her high school friends, Bom, Hyemin and Hongda.

 

             “What should I buy?”, Jongkook asked as he stood up to walk out from the gym and look for food for him and Jihyo’s dinner.

 

 

‘Your video is not saved’. The notice appeared on Jihyo’s phone screen as she tried to shoot her video. Probably the review of the Glutanex’s product where Somin asked her to yesterday.

 

             “Mwoya? Why is the video is not saved? Should I take another new video? This is so tiring.”, Jihyo complained while frowning.

 

             Jihyo checked once more time her phone and making sure all the set-up is fine and good. She even bought a selfie ring for herself just to shoot the video like Somin’s idea yesterday. She then smiled and trying her best to fix her position and spontaneously talked in front of the camera.

 

    “Annyeonghaseyo. Song Jihyo ibnida. Here I wanted to tell you about this one product that is so popular these days.”, Jihyo began her shooting with a simple introduction.

 

             “This product. It is from Glutanex. Glow Balm.”, Jihyo said while showing the Glutanex Glow Balm in front of the camera.

 

             “It is a portable moisturizing stick that contain glutathione which can make a skin brightening with a powerful antioxidant. It also contained seaberry oil which can protects your skin, helps to smooth and soften your skin. You guys should really try this. It’s the best of the best.”, Jihyo said as she recommended the product.

 

             “It is not hard to apply it. Yeogi pabayo.”, Jihyo said with a smile while opening the portable moisturizing stick.

 

             “You just apply it like this on your face. It’s so convenient and you can bring it anywhere. For woman or girls who doesn’t like to go out with makeup just like me, though I knew that most would go out with makeup, even just a light makeup.”, Jihyo chuckled while covering .

 

             “Hajiman, for those who don’t, you can apply this portable moisturizing on your face. However, for those who are going out with a makeup on, you can apply this product too and it can make your skin more glowing.”, Jihyo explained with a smile.

 

             “I’m sure you guys won’t regret it if you try this. Just look at my skin. If you wanted the same clear skin as mine, Glutanex’s Glow Balm is the answer. You can get it at every Nexus Pharma’s pharmacy. Keureom kamsa-

 

             “Mwoya, Song Jihyo?”, Jongkook suddenly interrupted while peeking on Jihyo’s phone.

 

             “Arghh! Oppa!”, Jihyo screamed in surprise. She is too absorbed that she doesn’t aware that Jongkook is coming.

 

             “Why are you so surprise? Mwohae?”, Jongkook asked while taking his seat.

 

             “Oppa neun mwohae? Ya! Why are you interrupting me? I’m almost done!”, Jihyo sighed in dissatisfaction.

 

             “Wae? What are you doing that I interrupted making you so mad?”, Jongkook asked in puzzle.

 

             “I’m shooting a video for Somin’s product. She asked me to help her by doing the review of her product.”, Jihyo explained while frowning.

 

             “Neo? Ya. You think you are a celebrity?”, Jongkook chuckled.

 

             “Ya c…. I know I’m not. But I’m just trying to help Somin here. I disagreed with her idea but she kept convincing me to help her.”, Jihyo said to Jongkook while glaring at him.

 

             “Ara. I just wondered. Wae neo? Do you think you are Cheon Sooyeon the top star actress?”, Jongkook laughed while touching her belly. Having fun to tease his best friend.

 

             “Ya c… Kim Jongkook. I know I’m not that pretty like keu Cheon Sooyeon but I’m here to help my friend only. Anyway, who would want to watch a video from a nobody who is trying hard to promote and review the product?”, Jihyo said in sullen. Getting sulk by Jongkook’s teasing.

 

             “Ya. Dongdap-ie ya. Why are you taking it seriously?”, Jongkook stopped to laugh as he aware that Jihyo is getting upset.

 

             “Wae? Maja janha. Who would want to see my videos? I’m just a 42-year-old woman who is trying hard to review a product. A nobody with a pretty face.”, Jihyo giggled while saying about it sarcastically to Jongkook.

 

             “Ya. Are you upset? Mian. I’m just joking.”, Jongkook apologized as Jihyo started to give him a sarcastic word.

 

             “Wae? Just keep on laughing.”, Jihyo smiled while looking at him.

 

             “Jihyo-ya.”, Jongkook called her as he felt bad for teasing her earlier. 

 

             “What did you bring?”, Jihyo ignored him and changed the subject as she looked at the plastic bag with food that Jongkook brought.

 

             “Pizza and tteokbeokki.”, Jongkook answered while opening the food for Jihyo.

 

             “Keurae? Can I eat?”, Jihyo asked while taking her seat as she removed the selfie ring and all the set-up for her video to the side.

 

             “Eo. It’s for you.”, Jongkook said carefully as she eyed Jihyo.

 

             “Goma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter