A Deal

Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The load thud heard as Jongkook trying to save Jihyo from getting hit by the motorcycle. Both of them fell on the hard ground and the motorcycle were save too. Without getting to help Jongkook and Jihyo, the rider of the motorcycle cursed at them and just got away because of Jihyo carelessness.

 

             “Jihyo-ya, gwenchana?”, Jongkook sat up while looking at Jihyo.

 

         “Gwenchana…”, Jihyo answered while sobbing.

 

             “Neo micheosseo? Why are you running like that and not looking around?!”, Jongkook frowned as he is concerned of Jihyo.

 

             “Oppa neun micheosseo ya?! Can’t you just let me be?!”, Jihyo fired back as tears escaped her eyes.

 

             “Jihyo-ya….”, Jongkook suddenly felt bad. He is mad at her because something bad might happened to her but he is also forgotten that Jihyo just had a fight with her mother. No wonder she is not in her right mind.

 

             “Let go!”, Jihyo said to Jongkook while pushing him from her. She quickly stood up and walked away while leaving Jongkook in speechless.

 

             “Jihyo-ya! Jihyo-ya!”, Jongkook stood up and came to approached her.

 

             “I said let go and don’t follow me!”, Jihyo exasperated as he brushed off Jongkook’s hand from her.

 

             “Ya…”, Jongkook grabbed her arm again to stop him, making Jihyo stopped and just looked on the ground as tears escaped her eyes.

 

             “I always showed you my bad side…”, Jihyo started to speak while sniffling her nose.

 

             “Aniya, Jihyo-ya.”, Jongkook tried to console her as she looked her sad head looking on the ground.

 

             “Musseun aniya? Maja janha.”, Jihyo replied in anger.

 

             “Aniya aniya. Gwenchana, Jihyo-ya.”, Jongkook said while hugging his best friend. “Gwenchana, eo?”, Jongkook comforted her again while rubbing her back.

 

             “Eo… Mianhae, oppa…”, Jihyo apologized in his embrace.

 

             “Aniya, Jihyo-ya.”, Jongkook said again while still rubbing her back.

 

             “Oppa neun gwenchana?”, Jihyo asked him while pulling away his hug.

 

             “Gwen-“

 

             “Ya igea mwoya?!”, Jihyo cut off while looking at Jongkook’s elbow.

 

             “Mwo?”, Jongkook asked in puzzle while looking at his elbow too.

 

             “You’re bleeding, oppa!”, Jihyo said in concern.

 

             “Eo?”, Jongkook can’t believe his eyes.

 

             “Appeo?”, Jihyo asked while looking at him.

 

             “Aniya. I don’t even feel anything.”, Jongkook smiled to assure Jihyo.

 

             “Kaja, let’s go to the pharmacy.”, Jihyo frowned while grabbing his arm.

 

             Jongkook and Jihyo went to a pharmacy nearby to buy an ointment for Jongkook’s wound. Jihyo grabbed the ointment and quickly to pay it at the counter. She went outside the pharmacy quickly and went to approach Jongkook who sat on the table outside.

 

             “Pull up your sleeves, oppa.”, Jihyo said to him.

 

             “Let me do it myself.”, Jongkook said as he grabbed the ointment from Jihyo.

 

             “Kaman isseo!”, Jihyo snatched the ointment from him while glaring at him fiercely. Jongkook didn’t respond to the hot temper woman in front of him so he just let her to treat his wound.

 

             “Why bother saving me and getting hurt after?”, Jihyo asked him as she is busy applying the ointment on Jongkook’s elbow.

 

             “Then I will just see you die in front of me?”, Jongkook asked in disbelief while peeking at her.

 

             “Ya! Who’s gonna die?”, Jihyo turned to look at him straight in the eyes.

 

             “Neo! What if you getting hit by the motorcycle and die after that?”, Jongkook exasperated as he exchanged the fierce look in their eyes.

 

             “No one’s gonna die because of getting hit by a motorcycle.”, Jihyo said while continued to treat him again.

 

             “Don’t talk big and just listen to me.”, Jongkook enlightened.

 

             “Why should I listen to you?”, Jihyo asked in annoyance.

 

             “I’m your friend who you always rant to, vent to and complain to for 12 years. I have the right to ask you to listen to me.”, Jongkook enlightened again.

 

             “Mwoya…”, Jihyo answered with her small voice. “Keut.”, Jihyo said as she is done.

 

             “Gomawo. Let’s take a walk. To the beach?”, Jongkook suggested.

 

             “Eo…”, Jihyo nodded.

 

             In twilight the beach was tinted sepia, the sand more brown and the water blue. Both of them sat in front of the beach, Jongkook to the right while Jihyo to the left. They were just taking in the evening to their characteristic patterns while witnessing the beauty of ocean.

 

             “Jihyo-ya, I know you are not fine but you can tell me anything. Vent to me like you used to.”, Jongkook started to speak as they have been silence for few minutes.

 

             “I don’t know what to say, oppa. Perhaps, just a mianhae to you?”, Jihyo asked.

 

             “Wae? Because of my elbow? Aniya, that’s nothing.”, Jongkook assured.

 

             “That’s not it…”, Jihyo replied in sullen.

 

             “Keureom?”, Jongkook asked in puzzle while looking at her.

 

             “Aka… what uri omma said. Mianhae, oppa…”, Jihyo said while looking on the ground.

 

             “Eo? Keugeon? Aniya… Maja janha. You should bring a man to your hometown. Your namchin. Why bring me? No wonder she is upset.”, Jongkook chuckled.

 

             “You know me well that I don’t have any of those, oppa.”, Jihyo turned to glare at him.

 

             “Keureom… what should I do then? Should I stop coming here?”, Jongkook asked.

 

             “Aniya. It’s not like omma doesn’t like you, oppa. She is just frustrated that I don’t bring my future husband here.”, Jihyo informed.

 

             “Eo. Ara. What do you think then?”, Jongkook asked Jihyo’s opinion.

 

             “Should I just act normal and accept the next blind date by omma, oppa?”, Jihyo asked Jongkook.

 

             “You want to try? Are you sure?”, Jongkook asked to make sure. Jihyo is making a big decision right now. She is ready to open her heart. Well, for the sake of her mother.

 

             “I’ll try…. For the sake of omma.”, Jihyo replied while looking away.

 

             “Keurae. I’ll support you in anything.”, Jongkook smiled while patting her head.

 

             “Then you should find yourself a yeoja too, oppa. I don’t want to see you alone, eo?”, Jihyo asked softly.

 

             “I’ll see. I can’t say yes when I have none.”, Jongkook giggled.

 

             “Your colleague…”, Jihyo suddenly said.

 

             “Eo? My colleague? Yoon seonsaeng?”, Jongkook predicted.

 

             “Eo….”, Jihyo nodded.

 

             “Aniya, Jihyo-ya. She is my colleague as you said. I don’t date colleague.”, Jongkook shook his head.

 

             “And I don’t date any of my blind date too, oppa.”, Jihyo replied to his understanding.

 

             “Jihyo-ya. Don’t you think it’s a ridiculous idea?”, Jongkook asked.

 

             “Mwo? You dating your colleague?”, Jihyo asked with her mong face.

 

             “Eo.”, Jongkook answered shortly.

 

             “The same goes to me. Dating a man from my blind date is a ridiculous idea for me too.”, Jihyo chuckled.             

 

             “Are you suggesting us to give it a try?”, Jongkook asked in curious.

 

             “Eo. That way, we won’t be lonely. I don’t want you spending your time alone while I’m dating. I know you spend your time working out but most of the time you spend with me too. So if both of us has someone, I think that’s better. What do you think, oppa?”, Jihyo almost pleaded while giving him suggestions.

 

             “Keurae. But I don’t promise that Yoon seonsaeng…. Ani… I don’t have any feelings toward her, Jihyo-ya.”, Jongkook insisted.

 

             “Nado. I don’t even know who that man is. Just give it a try, oppa. If it doesn’t work, let’s just be single forever.”, Jihyo laughed.

 

             “Keurae. Let’s both of us challenge ourselves. If it doesn’t work, as well we live together.”, Jongkook laughed while joking.

 

             “As well we married each other.”, Jihyo laughed while joking too.

 

             “Eo… Married… each other?”, Jongkook suddenly stopped as he shocked by Jihyo’s word.

 

“Mwo? I’m just… joking… wae, oppa?”, Jihyo stopped to laugh too while looking at him with her puzzle expression.

 

“Eo? Eo…. Ya. It’s already late now. Should we go back?”, Jongkook changed the topic.

 

“Eo? Omo. Kaja. But let’s go to eat first. Na baeugeuppa.”, Jihyo said while standing up to get ready to go.

 

“Arasseo. Anyway, you don’t want to visit your family for the last time? We can go there for a while.”, Jongkook suggested as he followed Jihyo.

 

“Aniya. I will just text Seongmoon and give appa a call later. I’ll come to visit them again once I bring my future husband.”, Jihyo said to Jongkook.

 

“Arasseo. Fighting, Song Jihyo!”, Jongkook cheered her while hugging her shoulder as both of them on their way to go back to Seoul.

 

“Fighting, Kim Jongkook!”, Jihyo hugged him back too while walking side by side.

 

 

“I can’t believe you free your time to have a dinner with me, Sechan-a.”, Somin said to Sechan with a smile.

 

             “I wanted to celebrate your success. I should bring Jihyo noona too but she went to her hometown with Jongkook hyung.”, Sechan giggled.

 

             “Ya, this only a small success. We have a long way to go. Why would you celebrate it? With a steak too.”, Somin said in disbelief while pointing at her steak with a knife.

 

             “What if you guys succeed until here only? Not even have a long way to go after that?”, Sechan chuckled while teasing Somin.

 

             “Yang Sechan, how dare you say that to me? Do you think it’s easy for me and Jihyo unnie?”, Somin asked in disbelief while cutting her steak.

 

             “Aniya. Dongdap-ie ya. We should celebrate those small things. One day, these small things will become big.”, Sechan smiled.

 

             “You’re right after all.”, Somin agreed with a smile.

 

             “I told ya.”, Sechan giggled.

 

             “Keundae, Sechan-a. I have something to say.”, Somin looked at him.

 

             “Mwo?”, Sechan asked in puzzle while taking a bite of his steak.

 

             “But not now. If this succeed and I get promoted, I will share to you. It’s a good news.”, Somin smiled while her eyes widen.

 

             “I wonder what’s that. Can’t you just tell me now?”, Sechan asked while tilting his head. Curious.

 

             “Aniya. It’s no fun if I tell you too soon.”, Somin said as she’s disagreed with him.

 

             “Mwoya? Why can’t you say it now?”, Sechan asked again.

 

             “Keunyang…”, Somin smiled as she put a meat of steak inside .

 

             “Hajiman, I can say it now.”, Sechan said while looking at Somin.

 

             “Mwo?”, Somin asked in puzzle while tilting her head.

 

             “I like someone, Somin-a.”, Sechan revealed shyly while scratching his non-itchy neck.

 

             “Nu… nugu?”, Somin asked as she is surprise by Sechan’s.

 

             “She is one of my regular costumers. She often come by my restaurant on every week. So I’m excited every time she came. She has the sweetest smile in the world.”, Sechan said in excitement that her gum and teeth showed. 

 

             “You like her because of that, Sechan-a?”, Somin asked as she managed to control her expressions.

 

             “What you mean because of that? She’s the sweetest. I talked to her once.”, Sechan giggled.

 

             “Once? Only once and you are falling for her?”, Somin asked in disbelief.

 

             “Eo. One day, she returned to my restaurant. She said that I calculated the payment wrong. She was supposed to pay more but I’m mistaken. So I said to her it’s fine but she insisted because she said I’m running a business. I can’t do that to costumer. And then she gave her sweetest smile to me before she excused herself.”, Sechan revealed again. His eyes full of love that even Somin noticed it too.

 

             “Eo? Keurae… Good for you, Sechan-a”, Somin said while cutting her steak slowly.

 

             “Ya. What if with that reaction? I thought you would be happy for me.”, Sechan said in disappointment.

 

             “Aniya. Keureom I’m happy for you. It’s just I have a stomach ache, Sechan-a. I think I have to go back home right now.”, Somin found an excuse while standing up. “Kanda, Sechan-a. Keurigu gomawo.”, Somin said with her fake smile while bidding her goodbye to Sechan.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter