Butterflies Are Slowly Gathering

Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihyo swallowed her food that she finds it’s kinda salty and not good. She took a look at Jongkook who is feeding her rice with soup, kimchi, and other side dishes. She kept taking a small bite while eyeing Jongkook and sipping her drink.

 

             “The food is not good?”, Jongkook asked as he aware of Jihyo’s behavior.

 

             “Eo… can I stop eating now? I’m full.”, Jihyo said.

 

             “Jinjja? Are you really full? Can you take another three bites, eo?”, Jongkook convinced while putting the spoon with food in front of .

 

             “No. I’m full, oppa.”, Jihyo shook her head as she refused to take another bite.

 

             “Arasseo. Drink your water. I’ll clean this.”, Jongkook said and quickly cleaning Jihyo’s tray food while Jihyo is drinking her water.

 

             “You should eat too, oppa.”, Jihyo said while looking at Jongkook who is cleaning her tray food. 

 

             “I will. After you sleep or taking a rest.”, Jongkook answered.

 

             “I’m taking a rest now.”, Jihyo replied.

 

             “Eo… I will eat after this.”, Jongkook assured while taking back his seat.

 

             “You are going to work tomorrow. Don’t worry about me because I’m discharging tomorrow.”, Jihyo said to Jongkook.

 

             “Then who would stay with you at home? No one’s available. I should take few days off.”, Jongkook said.

 

             “Don’t, oppa. Just save your day off for something important later. Or emergency. I’m fine at home. Keu gae saekki is serving his time in the jail too so I’m fine. He won’t be coming.”, Jihyo assured Jongkook while looking at him.

 

             “I know. But you’re alone. What if something happen?”, Jongkook asked in concern while taking Jihyo’s hands.

 

             “Ya. Nope. I am no more thinking about that. You are here. You promised you won’t be leaving me so I have to put the trust on your words. And I’ll be fine at home. You can come after you are done with your work. Eo, oppa?”, Jihyo consoled softly.

 

             “What if Kwangsoo and the others scold me again? Ani. It’s not because I’m afraid they will scold me but the fact everyone is worry about you, Jihyo-ya.”, Jongkook explained to the clueless Jihyo.

 

             “I know, oppa. I know. But that doesn’t mean everyone will have to be there for me. Some motivation words from you guys can give me strength. You heard the doctor earlier right? He told me I’m recovering fast. It’s because you are here. So, after you are done with your work tomorrow, just come to my home, eo?”, Jihyo tried to console again.

 

             “…”, Jongkook doesn’t even reply to her. He is worry to death.

 

             “Oppa? Eo? Please. I don’t want you to leave your school to take care of me. Your student needs you too.”, Jihyo said while ruffling Jongkook’s hair.

 

             “Arasseo. Wait for me at home.”, Jongkook said while rubbing her cheek.

 

             Jihyo nodded in understanding while looking at Jongkook straight in the eyes. His eyes always exude safety, protection, kindness and love but somehow it felt different from now. Still the same safety, protection, kindness but the love is stronger than before. Is it because of what happen to Jihyo? Or is it because of his love for her growing stronger as they love each other now?

 

             “Wae?”, Jongkook smiled as he noticed Jihyo is staring at him.

 

             “Am I your girlfriend now, oppa?”, Jihyo asked out of a sudden.

 

             “Eo? What do you think? I thought we already broke the rule together.”, Jongkook chuckled.

 

             “But you didn’t declare anything.”, Jihyo pouted while looking away.

 

             “Ya. This is so new of you.”, Jongkook chuckled again. “Perhaps, are you waiting for me? That’s why you won’t date?”, Jongkook tested her.

 

             “You are so boastful of yourself, eo? Aigoo.”, Jihyo shook her head while looking at the smiling Jongkook.

 

             “Then why do you want to declare our relationship? That’s mean you want to date, aren’t you?”, Jongkook asked while tilting his head.

 

             “Aniya. If you don’t declare then we can go back to be best friend… instead of leaving me….”, Jihyo said with her small voice while playing with her finger.

 

             “Ya. Who says I’m leaving you?”, Jongkook asked as he moved closer to Jihyo.

 

             “Then what? Are we back like the old days? The day before you tried to get out from my life?”, Jihyo pouted again.

 

             “The doctor reminded you to forget about that day, right? How can I get to work tomorrow if I am worrying about you who is still thinking about that, eo?”, Jongkook asked.

 

             “Then tell me, oppa…”, Jihyo said.

 

             “You will always be my friend. Forever… But…”, Jongkook suddenly stopped.

 

             “But?”, Jihyo turned to look at her.

 

             “And my partner for the rest of my life. Jihyo-ya, don’t leave me, eo?”, Jongkook said while patting her head.

 

             “Eo…”, Jihyo finally forming a smile on her lip.

 

“Now you’re smiling.”, Jongkook said while smiling.

 

“Since when, oppa? Since when do you like me? I never notice.”, Jihyo asked in curious.

 

“I don’t know too. But Yoon seonsaeng made me realized that since I aware you look like Cheon Sooyeon. She looks like you…”, Jongkook uttered.

 

“So you like Cheon Sooyeon because of her looks then…”, Jihyo concluded.

 

“At first, yes. But when I know her, following her updates, dramas and so on, I knew she is kind. She’s making me think she looks a lot like you. From look, heart and kindness.”, Jongkook said shyly.

 

“Ya! You know how to throw cheesy comments like that? I can’t believe you!”, Jihyo gasped while pushing Jongkook gently.

 

“Ya. Don’t say like that. This is how I’m in love!”, Jongkook defended while laughing.

 

“Wah Kim Jongkook.”, Jihyo shook her head while laughing.

 

“Then you? When?”, Jongkook turned to ask.

 

“I don’t know too. But it seemed ridiculous if I said it since I refused the blind date from omma. I made scene, fuss and acting weird to every man from my blind date.”, Jihyo answered.

 

“So it’s true. You won’t date because of me.”, Jongkook smiled.

 

“I can’t say it’s true. I don’t know my feelings back then. I just feel comfortable with you. I don’t have any romantic feelings. If I have then… we could… Well, we almost spending the nights every day… So…”, Jihyo stuttered while avoiding Jongkook’s eyes.

 

“What? What are you thinking? Neo… seolma? Are you thinking about that? We’re doing that together?”, Jongkook teased while looking at Jihyo in disbelief.

 

“Ya! I told ‘if’. ‘If’ we have that kind of feelings back then.”, Jihyo frowned.

 

“You don’t know how much I hold it out back then…”, Jongkook suddenly admitted.

 

“Wha… what…?”, Jihyo asked as she doesn’t hear it clearly or is she mistaken.

 

“For the sake of our friendship, I would never cross the boundaries between us. But you are so pretty. How can a man and a woman living together without having those kind of feelings? I think it’s only you. But man is different. I told you honestly. But I don’t want to lose our friendship, maybe that’s why I denied my feelings and those romantic feelings between us.”, Jongkook explained.

 

“You denied your feelings for the sake of our friendship?”, Jihyo asked to make sure.

 

“Eo…”, Jongkook nodded. “By the way, do you remember I came to your house when you opened the door only with your towel on?”, Jongkook recalled.

 

“Eo… wae?”, Jihyo answered in embarrass. 

 

“That was when I realized I’m shaken by you.”, Jongkook chuckled while holding out his shy.

 

“Ya!”, Jihyo frowned.

 

“I told you honestly.”, Jongkook said while scratching his non-itchy neck.

 

“It’s not my intention though…”, Jihyo said.

 

“You don’t think I don’t know? I know how careless and mong you are. You should be grateful that’s me. What if someone else? You should be careful, Song Jihyo.”, Jongkook suddenly nagged at her.

 

“Don’t you think you are overreacting for the things that pass a month ago, Kim Jongkook?”, Jihyo scoffed.

 

“I’m just reminding you, Song Jihyo.”, Jongkook said while pinching her cheek.

 

“Aaa…!”, Jihyo glared at him.

 

“Jihyo-ya?!”

 

“Jihyo!”

 

“Unnie!”

 

“Noona!”

 

Suddenly, Jihyo’s family came to Jihyo’s ward. Leaving both of them stunned and speechless. They don’t expect anyone to come, especially Jihyo’s family who were from Pohang.

 

“Omma, appa, Seongmoon, Seongkyung?”, Jihyo asked while looking at them with her eyes widen.

 

“Noona!”, Seongmoon called her while approaching.

 

“Unnie, gwenchana?”, Seongkyung asked while side hugging Jihyo.

 

“Ya, na gwenchana.”, Jihyo answered while holding Seongkyung’s arm.

 

“Jihyo…”, Gwija looked at her daughter with her pitiful expression. Guilt, regret, sympathy, care and love.

 

“Ddal.”, Namgil called her too.

 

“Omma, appa. Na gwenchana.”, Jihyo assured while looking at her parents in concern and also guilt.

 

“Gwenchana? Kwangsoo hyung called me and told everything, noona!”, Seongmoon revealed.

 

“Kwangsoo keu saekki.”, Jihyo sighed.

 

“Where is that trash, unnie?”, Seongkyung turned to ask.

 

“He was arrested…”, Jongkook answered in behalf. He knew Jihyo still had a hard time regarding Insung since she is still recovering.

 

“Now I understand why Jongkook oppa punched him on his face twice. What kind of man did you introduced to unnie, omma?”, Seongkyung turned to ask her mother in dissatisfied.

 

“Seongkyung, stop.”, Jihyo warned her.

 

“If that kind of man tried to ruin unnie, know that it’s your fault omma!”, Seongkyung screamed to her mother.

 

“Seongkyung-a!”, Jihyo screamed and suddenly she felt something hit her head. Big and hurt that she even felt the pain through her ears, heart and body. 

 

“Jihyo-ya, gwenchana? Jihyo-ya? Ya!”, Jongkook quickly approached Jihyo who almost collapsed while holding her head with her pale face.

 

“Ddal!”, Namgil called in panic.

 

“Jihyo-ya!”, Gwija called Jihyo and hugged her while looking at her in nervous.

 

“Omma, keumannnn…”, Jihyo groaned in pain.

 

“What? Gwenchana?”, Gwija asked while rubbing Jihyo’s back.

 

“I should call the doctor.”, Jongkook said.

 

“Aniya, oppa!”, Jihyo quickly stopped him.

 

“Ya!”, Jongkook looked at her in worry.

 

“I swear I’m fine. Jebal…”, Jihyo pleaded while looking at him.

 

“Let’s go outside. I think we should give omma and noona some space.”, Seongmoon said.

 

“Omma and unnie should talk. I hope you listen to unnie for now, omma. She has her right too.”, Seongkyung interrupted.

 

“Why are you talking to your mother like that?”, Namgil asked while glaring at her youngest daughter.

 

“Omma should know then. This won’t happen if omma is not involved in unnie’s love life. If unnie said she won’t date, just respect her decision. She has her reason and this is still not her time to date yet. Until she finds herself a man.”, Seongkyung continued to talk.

 

“Seongkyung, you should stop. Kaja.”, Seongmoon said while grabbing Seongkyung’s arm and went outside of Jihyo’s ward along with their father and Jongkook.

 

After all of them leave, an awkward silence filled the air of Jihyo’s ward. Gwija looked at her daughter while Jihyo just looked at the ground as if she is doing something wrong and bad.

 

“Raise your head, Jihyo.”, Gwija said while touching Jihyo’s chin.

 

“Omma…”, Jihyo called her as soon as their eyes met.

 

“Omma ga mianhae…”, Gwija suddenly apologized while looking at Jihyo.

 

“Omma… it’s happened. Gwenchana.”, Jihyo said with her sad smile.

 

“It won’t happen if I don’t force you. Just like Seongkyung said, involved in your love life.”, Gwija admitted.

 

“Omma, this is not so you. Can you just yell and scream like you used to?”, Jihyo joked.

 

“While you are sick like this?”, Gwija said with her fake smile.

 

“I won’t blame you. You just want the best for your daughter. If only that trash is a good man…”, Jihyo said.

 

“If only he is not a trash.”, Gwija chuckled.

 

“I’m fine now, omma.”, Jihyo assured with a smile while looking confidently at her mother.

 

“Jinjja? I think you’re not. You are so pale. I looked at you earlier. You seemed disturb. Kwangsoo told me you heard voices too as your ears ringing.”, Gwija said in concern.

 

“It’s true, omma. But I think I’m fine now. Jongkook oppa take care of me. Don’t hate him, omma.”, Jihyo said to her mother.

 

“I’m not. I just frustrated last time. The only man you ever brought to our house is either him or Kwangsoo, not your future husband.”, Gwija giggled.

 

“Because they are my soulmates.”, Jihyo joked while giggling too.

 

“Does Jongkook think I hate him?”, Gwija asked in worry.

 

“Aniya, omma. He is understanding. He told me you were just frustrated just like you said, omma. I’ve been friend with him for 12 years and he knew you guys well. Gwenchana.”, Jihyo assured while patting Gwija’s hands.

 

“That’s good then. So how do you feel now? I should stop your blind date, right?”, Gwija asked.

 

“You know what I want, omma. I don’t date for the time being unless I meet a man naturally. I don’t want to meet a man to marry. You know that well. But, what do you want for me?”, Jihyo asked.

 

“I want what you want. I know you have plan the best in your mind, right?”, Gwija surprisingly gave in.

 

“Jinjja, omma?”, Jihyo asked in disbelief. Is it really her mother in front of her now?

 

“Eo… I don’t want to stress you out again regarding this matter. You must has your own reason like Seongkyung said. I won’t force you anymore, Jihyo. Do what you think is good for you.”, Gwija smiled.

 

“Gomawo, omma.”, Jihyo thanked in relief while hugging her mother.

 

“Just do well!”, Gwija hugged her back while rubbing her back.

 

 

Ting tong! Ting tong! Somin’s doorbell kept ringing as she is busy washing her dishes in the kitchen. She ran to opened the door with her messy look and appearances. She is way too in rush that she forgot to look through the monitor and look who the guest is.

 

      “Jamkanmanyo!”, Somin shouted as if the guest would hear her from outside. She ran with her fastest speed while opening her door.

 

             “Nuguseyo?”, Somin asked in puzzle while looking at the guest but she don’t know who he or she is as that person is covering his or her face with a bouquet of flower.

 

             “Annyeong!”, Sechan said while removing the bouquet from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter