Lies, Confusion and Feelings

Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihyo sipped her ice Americano that she ordered earlier with Somin. Not to forget, her favorite carrot cake also was listed in her ordered. She carefully taking a bite of her precious carrot cake and devoured it in while her eyes closed as she appreciated the taste of the carrot cake. But somehow, the carrot cake reminded her of Jongkook. The day the first and last Jongkook accompanied her to her blind date, she ordered the carrot cake as an act of her enjoying the blind date with the man, Ju Jihoon.

 

             “Unnie, how do you feel?”, Somin asked her, making the thoughts of Jongkook in her mind disappeared immediately.

 

             “Eo? Musseun? Aka?”, Jihyo asked with her mong expression as usual.

 

             “Eo. You signed the contract with my company as one of the ambassadors of Glutanex. So, how do you feel, unnie?”, Somin asked with a smile.

 

             “Ya. Musseun ambassador? Am I a celebrity?”, Jihyo laughed upon hearing Somin using the term ‘ambassador’.

 

             “You are, now. Cheon Sooyeon look alike.”, Somin poked her arms while blinking her eyes to Jihyo.

 

             “Ya. Don’t mention Cheon Sooyeon. It makes me remind of Jongkook oppa.”, Jihyo said in sullen.

 

             “Are you still not talking to each other, unnie?”, Somin asked in disbelief. Her smile immediately disappeared.

 

             “Eo… and I won’t be talking to him anymore. I don’t want to be oppa’s friend anymore. He hurt me so much.”, Jihyo said.

 

             “Mwo? You’re gonna cutting off your friendship with Jongkook oppa for 12 years because of the fight last few nights?”, Somin sighed.

 

             “The time doesn’t mean anything. Oppa said he is just faking it. He hates me, Somin-a.”, Jihyo informed.

 

             “It’s just an excuse, I think. He said that out of his frustration, unnie. Believe me.”, Somin convinced while taking Jihyo’s hand.

 

             “Aniya, Somin-a. He seemed so sincere that night. I mean, about the talk. I don’t want to involve with him anymore. He has a woman now.”, Jihyo replied in sullen again.

 

             “Aniya, unnie. I still can’t understand. You guys even think of faking a marriage?”, Somin said in disbelief.

 

             “It was really my idea at first. Just blame me, Somin-a. Please make me feel bad so I won’t be looking for Jongkook oppa anymore. Eo?”, Jihyo begged Somin while taking her hands and looking at her straight in the eyes.

 

             “Unnie. Unnie, micheosseo? How can I say that to you when me myself are not sure about it? I tried my best not to involve with you and Jongkook oppa’s matter. But I just can’t. You look so miserable these days. How can you go to a work looking so miserable? What if your passengers are displease with you, unnie? Try knock out your sense, jebal.”, Somin complained.

 

             “Kwangsoo did knocked my sense out so don’t bother too, eo? It’s tiring.”, Jihyo said while looking away.

 

             “Nado. It’s tiring for me to look at you like this.”, Somin said.

 

             “Did you contact with Jongkook oppa?”, Jihyo asked.

 

             “Eo. But it’s related to Sechan. Not about you….”, Somin informed.

 

             “Wae? Sechan ga wae?”, Jihyo asked with her big doe eyes opened. Actually, she is not that interested to talk about Sechan but she wanted to change the topic so she quickly asked about Sechan.

 

             “Eo… the woman that she liked… it was someone’s wife. Jongkook oppa’s friend’s wife.”, Somin informed.

 

             “Jinjja?”, Jihyo asked in anticipation, suddenly getting interested with Sechan’s matter.

 

             “Eo. That’s what oppa said.”, Somin said while looking at Jihyo.

 

             “Do you still like Sechan?”, Jihyo asked in curious.

 

             “I can’t say that I’m completely moving on, unnie.”, Somin informed.

 

             “Then give it a try, Somin-a! I’ll take back my deal with you.”, Jihyo formed a big smile to Somin.

 

             “I thought our deal is off, unnie?”, Somin asked while raising her eyebrows.

 

             “It’s valid only if Sechan has a girlfriend, Somin-a. But he is not now. Give it a try, eo?”, Jihyo convinced as she tightened her hand on Somin.

 

             “Should I? What if he rejected me? I can’t live in humiliation and seeing Sechan at our gathering the same anymore, unnie.”, Somin enlightened.

 

             “You are not yet trying but you are not confident?”, Jihyo asked.

 

             “Eo…”, Somin answered shortly.

 

             “That’s not valid. You have to give it a try. That is what you told me.”, Jihyo said while smirking.

 

             “Eonje, unnie?”, Somin asked in puzzle.

 

             “Remember when I don’t have any confidence to post a video to promote your product? I told you that I am sure that no one would watch my video. But look at me now. You witnessed it yourself. Even if some people told me that I’m a successful influencer just because I look like Cheon Sooyeon. And that’s the risk.”, Jihyo said with a smile.

 

             “Then I also have a risk then.”, Somin said.

 

             “Eo. Keureom. Your risk is depend on both of you too. Are you willingly to sacrifice your friendship for your selfish feelingS?”, Jihyo asked to convince Somin.

 

             “I wanted to. But I don’t know how Sechan feel about me.”, Somin sighed.

 

             “Just give it a try, eo?”, Jihyo convinced once again.

 

             “Is this how you convinced Jongkook oppa, unnie?”, Somin threw an unexpected question.

 

             “Think what you wanted to think, Somin-a. If you wanted to blame me for coming up with the ridiculous plan, yes you did. I don’t care anymore.”, Jihyo chuckled with her sad expression.

 

             “Aniya, unnie. I’m just curious. Should I really give it a try? I mean, you and Jongkook oppa also giving it a try. Though not with each other.”, Somin emphasized.

 

             “We took the wrong step.”, Jihyo smiled sadly again.

 

             “You two should try with each other instead of with other people, unnie.”, Somin looked at her straight in the eyes.

 

             “Then I will be sacrificing my friendship with him for 12 years? Taking the risk? Breaking our rule to not falling in love with each other? Aniya, Somin-a. We don’t have any romantic feelings toward each other.”, Jihyo assured Somin with a smile.

 

             “Keureom, Sechan and me? We have been friends for 5 years, unnie. Should I sacrifice my friendship with him for 5 years too? I can’t imagine losing Sechan as my friend, unnie.”, Somin said in sullen while looking at the ground.

 

             “Aniya, Somin-a. You are different. I’m sure Sechan will like you. I believe his heart fluttered for you at least once.”, Jihyo smiled.

 

             “Why you think like that, unnie? What made you think that?”, Somin asked in puzzle while tilting her head.

 

             “You always teasing Sechan and said he is your namchin. If he doesn’t like it, he wouldn’t play along.”, Jihyo assured.           

 

             “Keureom, unnie neun? Jongkook oppa often playing along with the teasing from our friends. So he likes you too?”, Somin concluded.

 

             “Eo? Eo aniya… That’s different, Somin.”, Jihyo flustered.

 

             “What are you talking about now, unnie? You said ‘yes’ for Sechan and me but ‘no’ to you and Jongkook oppa’s matter. So which one is true?”, Somin frustrated while crossing her arms.

 

             “Ani… I just knew that Jongkook oppa and I doesn’t have any romantic feelings toward each other.”, Jihyo concluded.

 

             “What made you so sure, unnie?”, Somin asked.

 

             “Because I don’t have any romantic feelings toward him. He is just my oppa so he might be the same.”, Jihyo answered firmly.

 

             “How can you be so sure? Are you Jongkook oppa?”, Somin tested Jihyo.

 

             “Somin-a…”, Jihyo lost of words.

 

             “What if he likes you in silence? For the sake of your friendship, he kept it all along. Because he likes you too much.”, Somin explained.

 

             “So-“

 

             “Don’t tell me you and Jongkook oppa promised not to keep it a secret toward each other, unnie. Promise sometimes are meant to be broken. And how can he say he likes you just because he is? If you were Jongkook oppa, would you do the same? Just look at me, unnie. I didn’t tell Sechan and I keep it by myself, though you found out about it.”, Somin cut off Jihyo and explained it to her.

 

             “But it seemed ridiculous, Somin-a. How come Jongkook oppa likes me?”, Jihyo asked in curious.

 

             “He wouldn’t threw words that made you sad. He wouldn’t do that. But he wanted to, for your happiness. He wanted you to find a man instead of sticking with him and going to a blind date by your mother. He is sure that you and him won’t happen because he knew that it was impossible for you two.”, Somin enlightened.

 

             “That is because Jongkook oppa treasured me. No romantic feelings, Somin-a.”, Jihyo still trying hard to deny.

 

             “Yes. Treasured you. You still admit that Jongkook oppa treasured you after all he said that night? So you are confused with your feelings too, unnie. You can’t hate him and still believe oppa didn’t meant what he said that night. Keutji?”, Somin caught Jihyo.

 

             “Somin-a… Molla… I’m… I’m… so confused right now…”, Jihyo stuttered as realization hit her.

 

             “That is what I said. You guys should talk from heart to heart so this misunderstanding can be solve.”, Somin advice.

 

             “I won’t see him anymore.”, the stubborn Jihyo is playing her action.

 

             “Unnie…. keureom, you want to try with that tall man then?”, Somin asked in dissatisfied.

 

             “Eo… I have to. He is the one. Not oppa. Oppa even cancelled his plan with me because of his colleague. He chose her over me. So I’m sure he really is falling for her.”, Jihyo informed while scratching the carrot cake with her fork.

 

             “Why are you so sad about it? It’s just right that oppa will choose her over you. He will spend his entire life with that woman if they work out. Seolma… unnie, you like Jongkook oppa?”, Somin concluded.

 

             “Aniya, Somin-a! Musseun gae…”, Jihyo sighed while looking at the carrot cake again.

 

             “Arasseo, unnie. I don’t know how to tell you again. Just please make sure you work out with that tall man, eo? I’m rooting for you always. Mian for making you more confused.”, Somin smiled while grabbing Jihyo’s hand as she felt bad to make Jihyo more frustrated.

 

             “Aniya, Somin-a. I want you to knock my sense out. So I can know that at least. Gomawo, Somin. Your advice is helping me more than Kwangsoo.”, Jihyo finally laughed while looking at Somin.

 

             “What Kwangsoo oppa know, unnie? His mind is full of his girlfriend.”, Somin chuckled too.

 

             Suddenly, Somin phone was receiving a notification. She wondered who and to her surprised, it was Sechan’s. He is texting her. So suddenly?

 

             “Wae? Nugu?”, Jihyo asked Somin while looking at Somin who is suddenly stunned looking at her phone with her eyes and mouth opened widely.

 

             “Se… Sechan… Unnie, it’s Sechan…”, Somin stuttered.

 

             “Eo, what did he say?”, Jihyo asked in curious.

 

             Without answering Jihyo, Somin quickly showed Sechan’s text to her. 

 

             Sechannie: Annyeong Somin. Are you free tomorrow? Do you want to have a dinner with me? :)

 

             “Mwoya, Somin-a? I told you!”, Jihyo said in excitement that her big doe eyes opened widely.

 

             “Unnie, he just said to have a dinner with him. It’s nothing.”, Somin pouted.

 

             “Aniya. It’s ‘something’ then. It’s not ‘nothing’. He invited you to a dinner. Maybe he wanted to say something to you?”, Jihyo asked again with the same excitement.

 

             “What ‘something’? He won’t say that he likes me, unnie.”, Somin shook her head.

 

             “Gwenchana. We don’t know. Just be happy, eo? He asked for a dinner. So I think you can tell him tomorrow. Our deal is still on!”, Jihyo said to Somin with a big smile.

 

             “Arghh unnie…”, Somin smiled shyly.

 

 

The Han River air felt somewhat cool that night. It brings peace to Jihyo. She has not been able going to Han River for a long time due to her work and also due to no one would accompany her. Her one and only best friend are no more in her life. 

 

             As she tried to take same fresh air while easing her mind, Jihyo suddenly craved for a coffee. Cloud Café nearby the Han River has the highest views of all the Han River cafes so she decided to go there to order a coffee while enjoying the views.

 

             The Cloud Café is located from the 3rd to 5th floors of the building, which also include an outdoor terrace where anyone can really play out the Titanic poses. It’s a perfect place to date and anyone also can take beautiful night photos such as the views of Banpo Bridge and N Seoul Tower.

 

             Despite knowing the fact that Jongkook and her always going there to take some fresh air and enjoyed the beautiful views, it doesn’t affect her to not go there. She rapidly ordering a hot Americano and went to take a seat there.

 

             Before Jihyo get to take a seat in the café, to her surprise, she unfortunately bumped into someone she tried her best to avoid. Her ex-best friend, Kim Jongkook. And with a woman that probably is Yoon Eunhye, his girlfriend.

 

             “Kim seonsaeng?”, Eunhye waved her hand in front of Jongkook’s face as he is suddenly stunned while looking at Jihyo who stood behind Eunhye.

 

             “Who are you looking at?”, Eunhye asked and quickly turned her head to look at someone who probably stood behind her as what Jongkook saw.

 

             “Eo? Song Jihyo-ssi?”, Eunhye called her in excitement without knowing the cold air between Jongkook and Jihyo. “You are Song Jihyo, keutji? Kim seonsaeng’s friend and the Cheon Sooyeon look alike?”, Eunhye stood up while approaching Jihyo.

 

             “Aaaa. Ne… I am her. Annyeonghaseyo.”, Jihyo said with a smile while nodding to Eunhye.

 

             “Ne. I’m Yoon Eunhye. Kim seonsaeng’s colleague and chingu. I bet you knew me.”, Eunhye said with an excitement while pointing to Jongkook.

 

             “Ne… I knew you. Kim seonsaeng’s talked about you.”, Jihyo smiled again.

 

             “Keuraeyo. Let’s have a sit with us, Jihyo-ssi. We are having a coffee too.”, Eunhye invited.

 

             “Aniyo, aniyo. I don’t want to be a third wheel on your date. Just enjoy. I will be going there to enjoy the views.”, Jihyo rejected politely while pointing at the empty seat in distance to Eunhye.

 

             “Musseun date yo? We are just discussing some work and plan for the school opening of 2023.”, Eunhye chuckled while covering .

 

             “Ne?”, Jihyo asked with her mong face.

 

             “Majayo, Jihyo-ssi. Why would we date? We are not even dating. Seolma, did Kim seonsaeng told you that we are dating?”, Eunhye predicted while looking at Jongkook and Jihyo.

 

             “Eo?”, J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter