Wedding Bell

Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Larger than a hamlet but smaller than a town. That is what village looks like. a small settlement that usually found in a rural setting. It has lush green fields and peoples were growing vegetables, fruits and other crops everywhere. The environment of Jihyo’s hometown is very serene and peaceful as always. The cold breezes in summer are really joyful.

 

             “Let’s have dinner, oppa.”, Jihyo called Jongkook who is taking his fresh air outside of Jihyo’s house.

 

             “Eo!”, Jongkook answered and went immediately to her lawn.

 

             Jongkook helped Namgil who is struggling to light the fire while Seongmoon kept blowing to the ash to help it light up. Gwija and Jihyo are busy preparing the meat which was marinated few hours ago, along with all the side dishes and the must-have beverages, soju and beer. They are having a celebration of Jihyo’s recovering and their new relationship.

 

             “I guess we are really family now.”, Seongkyung said happily while taking a bite of her food.

 

             “Not officially.”, Seongmoon said.

 

             “Do we have to be official to be family?”, Jihyo asked with her blank expression.

 

             “Of course.”, Seongmoon answered her.

 

             “How?”, Jihyo asked while tilting her head with her puzzle expression.

 

             “You and Jongkook have to get married then.”, Gwija said while avoiding Jihyo’s eyes.

 

             “What?!”, Jihyo widen her eyes while coughing upon hearing her mother.

 

             “Unnie and oppa is getting married? Omo! When?! When?!”, Seongkyeong said in excitement while applauding like a little kid.

 

             “Ya c… we don’t even have plan about that yet.”, Jihyo glared at her.

 

             “You should plan for now, son-in-law.”, Namgil said while nudging Jongkook’s arm who was sitting next to him.

 

             “Appa…”, Jihyo frowned while looking at her father.

 

             “Ne, abeonim.”, Jongkook smiled while looking at Namgil.

 

             “Wae? I’m just saying.”, Namgil said to Jihyo while looking away.

 

             “You should be ready, noona. You are not getting younger.”, Seongmoon said to Jihyo.

 

             “Ya. You first and then me! So that you can give omma appa grandchildren.”, Jihyo said while pointing at them.

 

             “Why are you asking Seongmoon oppa, unnie? We want a niece and nephew from you and Jongkook oppa. A lot.”, Seongkyung giggled while teasing her sister.

 

             “Ya! Do you think I’m a machine?”, Jihyo asked while throwing a punch to Seongkyung’s face but Seongkyung able to avoid it.

 

             “Ya. Don’t treat your dongsaeng like that.”, Jongkook stopped Jihyo while grabbing her punch.

 

             “Are you siding with Seongkyung now, oppa?”, Jihyo glared at him.

 

             “Maja maja.”, Seongkyung continued to sister.

 

             “Wae? It’s not like she was saying anything wrong.”, Jongkook giggled, joining Seongkyung too.

 

             “Omo! So do you want to get married with unnie and have a lot of kids, oppa?”, Seongkyung asked while looking at Jongkook passionately.

 

             “Of course. Who doesn’t want to get married?”, Jongkook asked with a big smile. “And have kids?”, Jongkook turned to look at Jihyo while smiling too, making that woman blushed as her cheek turned red as chili.

 

             “What are you talking about? Jugeullae?”, Jihyo asked Jongkook while opening her eyes widely.

 

             “Why are you talking to my son-in-law like that, Jihyo?”, Namgil glared to Jihyo.

 

             “You are taking Jongkook oppa’s side just because he is your future son-in-law, appa? Appa! I’m not agreeing with him either. He doesn’t even propose me yet. We are still new, appa. Why are you getting further?”, Jihyo asked with her small voice, especially when she said that Jongkook doesn’t even propose her yet.

 

             “What is the matter if you’re still new in a relationship? You guys have known each other for more than a decade.”, Gwija interrupted.

 

             “Maja. Maja.”, Seongkyung nodded.

 

             “Don’t you guys don’t understand? Noona is waiting for Jongkook hyung to propose.”, Seongmoon emphasized.

 

             “Ya! I’m not. I told you I don’t have plan for that yet. I don’t even have the idea to marry with oppa.”, Jihyo defended.

 

             “Why are you saying like that? So you’re dating me for fun?”, Jongkook asked.

 

             “Aniya… Not you too, oppa. You don’t understand me?”, Jihyo sighed.

 

             “I’m just kidding.”, Jongkook chuckled.

 

 

The extremely biting and chilly night was very cold. It’s not even winter yet but somehow both Jongkook and Jihyo’s teeth clatter and their body quivers. The cold winds absolutely sweep the earth. 

 

             Jongkook and Jihyo both were warmed up themselves with their own jacket while walking by the beach. On clear day and full moon, they can see the horizon with moonlight reflection in the water. One of the best feeling ever is when both of them walk down the beach at night, looking at the moon, staring into the horizon, and there is absolutely nobody around. After that, they sit down on the beach and just listen to the wave. The sound of ocean and the breeze really put their mind at peace.

 

             “How does it feel not going to work for a month, Jihyo-ya?”, Jongkook asked while breaking the silence.

 

             “It should be just 2 weeks, but that tall man, asked our boss for a month. Is he crazy?”, Jihyo answered as she referred the ‘tall man’ as Kwangsoo.

 

             “You should be grateful though. It’s not that easy for Kwangsoo to convince your boss. And look at you, you recover well.”, Jongkook nudged her arm with a smile on his lip.

 

             “I know. I do feel better. Thanks to that tall man too.”, Jihyo smiled.

 

             “That tall man is really doing anything for you, eo? He really loves you.”, Jongkook said with a smile.

 

             “Eo… I’m thankful to have him in my life.”, Jihyo said with her utmost sincerity to Jongkook.

 

             “How about me then?”, Jongkook looked at her with a smile.

 

             “Wae? What about you?”, Jihyo replied with a joke.

 

             “Don’t you thankful to have me in your life? From friends… to… lov-“

 

             “Keumanhae, eo? I don’t want to hear any of your cheesy comments.”, Jihyo cut him off.

 

             “Wae?”, Jongkook came closer to her while side-hugging her.

 

             “Eo? Let go. Move. Why are you being so clingy? Are you really like this? I can’t believe I get to see this side of you. What if I really get to live with you? Ohmygad, the sight.”, Jihyo groaned as she imagined to live with Jongkook every day.

 

             “What do you mean ‘if you really get to live with me’?”, Jongkook asked in puzzle.

 

             “Ani… get to live with you…. just like we used to… Like now…”, Jihyo stuttered.

 

             “Seolma? Do you think of that?”, Jongkook challenged while looking at Jihyo’s face closely.

 

             “Mwo?”, Jihyo answered while looking away as she is flustered.

 

             “Seolma? Are you thinking of marrying with me?”, Jongkook asked boldly.

 

             “What are you talking about?”, Jihyo answered while looking at his face.

 

             “You said it earlier.”, Jongkook smiled.

 

             “I don’t. Who says?”, Jihyo replied with her fluster expression.

 

             “Don’t play with your words, Song Jihyo.”, Jongkook said.

 

             “I don’t. Now let me go.”, Jihyo said while brushing Jongkook’s hands away.

 

             “Are you sure you want me to let you go?”, Jongkook asked.

 

             “What?”, Jihyo asked back.

 

             “Like last time?”, Jongkook tested her.

 

             “I’m gonna recover well soon. Why are you asking me that?”, Jihyo frowned.

 

             “That is why I ask you. What do you mean you get to live with me? For real?”, Jongkook asked again as he is dissatisfied by Jihyo’s answer earlier.

 

             “Ahhhh, eo….”, Jihyo finally admitted, but she didn’t utter the word.

 

             “Eo what? Marry?”, Jongkook smiled while getting closer to Jihyo.

 

             “Eo…”, Jihyo answered with her small voice as she is embarrassed.

 

             “I don’t hear you, Song Jihyo.”, Jongkook said as he enjoyed teasing her.

 

             “I want to marry you, paboya!”, Jihyo screamed while looking away. Her cheek is red as chili.

 

             “Jinjja?”, Jongkook asked with his biggest smile ever.

 

             “Molla.”, Jihyo answered. Her eyes were still looking away.

 

             “If you don’t answer properly, I can’t give you a present.”, Jongkook said as he turned to look at the ocean wave not far from them.

 

             “Present? What present?”, Jihyo asked in excitement while looking at Jongkook with her big doe eyes.

 

             “You don’t answer me properly so I won’t give it to you.”, Jongkook chuckled.

 

             “Ya. Tell me. Is it food?”, Jihyo answered while touching Jongkook’s arm to ask for his attention.

 

             “You and your food.”, Jongkook shook his head while pressing Jihyo’s head gently.

 

             “Arghhh. Then what?”, Jihyo frowned.

 

             “Answer me properly and I will give you a present.”, Jongkook smiled.

 

             “Keurae… what’s the question?”, Jihyo pouted.

 

             “Do you want to get married with me, Song Jihyo?”, Jongkook asked sincerely. As if he is proposing Jihyo. But Jihyo just remained silence, confused with her feelings and thoughts about getting married. Especially with her best friend. Will it work out? Overthinking of course is hitting her.

 

             “Eo?”, Jongkook asked while waiting for her answer.

 

             “Do you think it will work out between us? I mean, we are friends before and this is so suddenly… I don’t know how to answer, oppa.”, Jihyo replied in sullen.

 

             “You are not confident? Why? I mean, we have known each other for 12 years. And the sudden-if-we-getting-married, it’s another challenge we have to face. But honestly, I like you so much. As a friend, a lover, a partner in crime and all, Song Jihyo. So I will ask you for the last time, do you want to get married with me, Song Jihyo?”, Jongkook asked while looking at her with his small puppy eyes.

 

             “Em… Eo…. I do want to get married with you, oppa.”, Jihyo answered shyly.

 

             “Keureom… I have the present for you.”, Jongkook smiled.

 

             “What?”, Jihyo answered excitedly with a smile.

 

             “Yeogi.”, Jongkook smiled while showing a red velvet box to Jihyo.

 

             “What is this, oppa?”, Jihyo asked in puzzle.

 

             “Open it.”, Jongkook said while giving her the red velvet box.

 

             Jihyo took it and slowly opening the red velvet box. It was a ring. She looked at Jongkook in puzzle but she did knew what it is for. A wedding ring, perhaps?

 

             “Oppa, what is this?”, Jihyo asked with her still puzzle expression.

 

             “What do you think?”, Jongkook smiled.

 

             “A ring…”, Jihyo answered.

 

             “Eo, a ring…”, Jongkook smiled again.

 

             “What for?”, Jihyo asked.

 

             “A wedding ring.”, Jongkook replied with a smile.

 

             “Are we getting marry?”, Jihyo asked with her teary eyes.

 

             “That’s why I asked you. Do you want to get married with me? Your answered is ‘yes’. So, this is your gift. Our wedding ring.”, Jongkook answered while rubbing Jihyo’s cheek.

 

             “Oppa…”, Jihyo answered while looking at him with teary eyes again.

 

             “This is a serious question, Jihyo-ya. Do you want to get married with me? Being my partner for the rest of my life?”, Jongkook asked sincerely while holding her hand.

 

             “Eo, oppa…”, Jihyo answered as tears pooled in her eyes.

 

             “That’s what I want to hear from you. I will make you the happiest woman in life, Jihyo-ya.”, Jongkook said with a smile while putting the ring on her finger.

 

             “Nado, oppa.”, Jihyo nodded with a smile.

 

             “Uljima.”, Jongkook said while wiping her tears.

 

             “Saranghae, Song Jihyo.”, Jongkook uttered while giving her a hug.

 

             “Nado, oppa. Saranghae Kim Jongkook.”, Jihyo hugged her back.

 

 

“Ani! She should punch him straight on his face!”, Jihyo screamed as she showed her dissatisfaction to Jongkook.

 

             “He did nothing wrong, Jihyo-ya. It’s just a mistake.”, Jongkook talked back.

 

             “Nothing wrong? A mistake, oppa? What are you talking about? He cheated on her!”, Jihyo frowned while looking at Jongkook.

 

             “Aniya. It’s not cheating. He was schemed by his own colleagues. How do you expect?”, Jongkook started to show his dissatisfaction too.

 

             “I know! I know he was schemed. But he kissed her back, oppa!”, Jihyo groaned.

 

             “That was a mistake, Jihyo-ya.”, Jongkook tried to calm her down. Why did Jihyo being so enraged because of a movie?

 

             “What mistake, oppa? A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter