The Crossed Wires

Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A city hotel situated in the heart of Manila’s business district which offers value for money and stylish comfort with 300 well-appointed rooms. Jihyo and Kwangsoo were checking in at the Manila Prince Hotel with separate rooms for a night as their next stop was at Manila, Philippines. The hotel is strategically located in close proximity to Manila’s historical tourist spots, as well as, to main transportation hubs, such as, Light Rail Transit (LRT), buses and the Philippines’ local ride, jeepneys.

 

             Though Jihyo and Kwangsoo were going there not for a vacation or holiday, but they can get to go to other places to walk, eat or shopping for a day before their flight on the next day. Jihyo and Kwangsoo has been spending their years for going to travel over the world due to their job as a flight attendant. Sometimes, the shifts required are not easy to say the least. However, free travel can be a pretty nice perk.

 

             “Ahhh johda.”, Jihyo exclaimed with a smile while taking her fresh air at the balcony of her room.

 

             Ting tong! Her doorbell rang suddenly broke her thoughts.

 

             Jihyo quickly went to the door and opened the door just to see Kwangsoo stood there, waiting for her to open the door. Kwangsoo went inside without invited and just spontaneously talked with Jihyo.

 

             “Noona. I found a best place to eat.”, Kwangsoo said in excitement.

 

             “Eodi?”, Jihyo answered in excitement too. One of the best things to have the free travel perk is going to the best place to eat. Jihyo and Kwangsoo love doing that so much instead of going for a walk or to go shopping.

 

             “Barbara’s Heritage Restaurant. It’s not far from here. We can go there tonight for dinner.”, Kwangsoo suggested as he took his seat on the chair in front of the dressing table.

 

             “What kind of food does it serve?”, Jihyo asked while taking a seat on the bed too.

 

             “The restaurant serves traditional Filipino, Spanish and European-inspired dishes, noona. Their Beef Caldereta, Seafood Amelia and Asado de Carajay are some of the best menus there.”, Kwangsoo revealed.

 

             “Keurae? We can give it a try then.”, Jihyo nodded in anticipation.

 

             “Keurigu, noona. Are you going to sleep right now?”, Kwangsoo asked in curious.

 

             “Maybe. Wae?”, Jihyo asked back.

 

             “Instead of sleeping, do you want to go to a park?”, Kwangsoo suggested again.

 

             “Park? Gapjagi?”, Jihyo asked with her mong expression looking at Kwangsoo.

 

             “Keunyang, eo? There’s one historical urban park here in Manila. Before going to a dinner, we can take a walk there. Ottae?”, Kwangsoo asked in anticipation that his eyes opened widely.

 

             “If you wanted to. Keurae, kaja.”, Jihyo said while standing up and grabbed her bag.

 

             Jihyo and Kwangsoo hailed a taxi to go to the Rizal Park, which known as Luneta Park too and is a historic urban park located in Ermita, Manila. It is also considered as one of the largest urban parks in Philippines and the site on where the park is situated was originally known as Bagumbayan during the Spanish colonial period.

 

             The ride took about 20 minutes from Jihyo and Kwangsoo’s hotel and to Kwangsoo’s surprised, Jihyo seemed so excited as soon as they arrived there. 

 

             “Noona, why are you so excited? Is this your first time going for a free travel?”, Kwangsoo joked as he walked next to Jihyo.

 

             “Aniya. This is our first time to Manila, Kwangsoo-ya. And it’s nice here.”, Jihyo exclaimed while looking around.

 

             “Hokshi. I know you would be happy to take some fresh air here. That’s the main reason I bought you here.”, Kwangsoo revealed with a smile.

 

             “Eo? Mwoya? What are you talking about?”, Jihyo turned to look at Kwangsoo with his blank expression.

 

             “I suggested to go here with you because I know you were stressed out about the blind date yesterday, keutji?”, Kwangsoo predicted.

 

             “Ya, Lee Kwangsoo. You are the only one who understands me the most. Nae dongsaenggggg.”, Jihyo said with an aegyo while hugging Kwangsoo.

 

             “Aaa noona noona. Keumanhae. People would mistook us as a couple.”, Kwangsoo said while brushing off Jihyo’s from him.

 

             “Mwoya? Are you disgusted by me?”, Jihyo looked at Kwangsoo while hitting his arm gently.

 

             “Aniya…”, Kwangsoo chuckled. “Only Sunbin can hug me.”, Kwangsoo said with a foolish smile.

 

             “Just because I’m not your girlfriend, I can’t hug you? Arasseo. I’m not your sister anymore.”, Jihyo sulked while walking away from Kwangsoo.

 

             “Aaaa noona. Dongdapi ya. I’m your best dongsaeng, keutji? Not Somin, keutji?”, Kwangsoo ran to approach Jihyo who walked faster while hugging her shoulder.

 

             “Aniya. Somin is my number one.”, Jihyo replied in a sulk tone.

 

             “Jongkook hyung-ie neun?”, Kwangsoo asked.

 

             “Ya. Jongkook oppa is oppa janha. You guys are dongsaeng. It’s not the same.”, Jihyo answered.

 

             “Keureom, among the oppa. Who is the number one? Jongkook hyung? Jaesuk hyung? Sukjin hyung? Gary hyung? Or Donghoon hyung?”, Kwangsoo asked in curious.

 

             “Kwangsoo-ya, you are being so childish. Why would I rank them to my likeness?”, Jihyo asked in disbelief while crossing her arms.

 

             “Aniya. I just wanted to know. Who is the closest among the hyungie ddeul.”, Kwangsoo said as he tightened his hug on Jihyo’s shoulder.

 

             “If I have to rank… Keureom, Jongkook oppa is the number one and the others are number two. Kkeut. No one in the last rank.”, Jihyo answered.

 

             “And why was the rank like that?”, Kwangsoo asked in puzzle.

 

             Jihyo sighed and stopped as they arrived in front of the river at the park. Jihyo took her seat on the stairs and Kwangsoo followed. After keeping her silence for few seconds, Jihyo started to talk again to answer Kwangsoo’s question.

 

             “Because Jongkook oppa is the one who are not yet married. If I put one of these number two’s oppa for the first place, their wife must be jealous.”, Jihyo answered with a giggle.

 

             “Mwoya, noona? You are being childish too.”, Kwangsoo replied in disbelief.

 

             “Ya! You asked me the reason. And that’s the reason.”, Jihyo pouted while hitting Kwangsoo’s arm gently.

 

             “Arasseo.”, Kwangsoo flinched while nodding.

 

 

Hot pot rice with vegetables and abalone melted in Jongkook’s mouth and he is overwhelmed with the taste. The texture of the hot pot rice is somewhat similar to fried rice, loose and fragrant. The signature feature of hot pot rice at La Yeon restaurant is that these ingredients are layered over the rice, with abalone and variety of vegetables.

 

           “Gwenchanayo keu massineun?”, Eunhye asked Jongkook who is enjoying his meal.

 

             “Ne.”, Jongkook nodded.

 

             “This place is one of my favorite places to eat. It’s delicious.”, Eunhye revealed with a smile.

 

             “Aaaa ne. This is my first time going here. I rarely to eat at the expensive restaurant like this.”, Jongkook chuckled.

 

             “Waeyo? You should give yourself a self-reward sometimes, Kim seonsaeng.”, Eunhye said with a smile.

 

             “Keunyang yo. I tend to go to where I used to eat. So going to a place like this is a ‘no no’ for me.”, Jongkook said while looking around.

 

             “Even with your girlfriend?”, Eunhye suddenly asked while widening her eyes.

 

             “Girlfriend? I thought you knew that I’m still a bachelor? Having a girlfriend is far from that too.”, Jongkook said with a small giggle.

 

             “I knew. Hajiman, you can have a girlfriend. At this age.”, Eunhye replied.

 

             “I never think about that anymore.”, Jongkook admitted.

 

             “I’m curious. What made you think like that? And what made you don’t want to date?”, Eunhye asked in curious.

 

             “It’s not that I’m not interest to date any woman. Hajiman, at this age I don’t think about that much and focus on my job and workout only. I would like to meet someone naturally so if I ever met a woman naturally and I like her, I would consider about it. For now, there’s none.”, Jongkook explained with a smile.

 

             “Meeting someone naturally? Like us?”, Eunhye asked.

 

             “Ne?”, Jongkook asked in shock. Both of them went silence and the situation became suddenly so awkward. Fortunately, Jongkook phone suddenly rang. It’s his best friend, Song Jihyo, who video called him. It saved him from the awkward situation.

 

             “Just answer it.”, Eunhye said to Jongkook as she noticed his phone is ringing.

 

             “Ne. Jamkanmanyo.”, Jongkook nodded to Eunhye and quickly answered his video call.

 

             “Oppaaaaaaa. Pabaaaaaa.”, Jihyo screamed to Jongkook as soon as he answered her video call. She even showed her food to Jongkook to show off to him.

 

             “Ya. Mwoya?”, Jongkook answered while looking closely at Jihyo’s food.

 

             “It’s Beef Caldereta. Does it look delicious?”, Jihyo asked with her annoying tone to tease Jongkook.

 

             “Eo. Look so delicious. Kwangsoo neun?”, Jongkook asked.

 

             “Hyung!”, Kwangsoo waved his hand to Jongkook through Jihyo’s phone.

 

             “Ya. Don’t let her drink too much. You can’t handle her later.”, Jongkook reminded Kwangsoo.

 

             “Oppa? Ya! I don’t drink during work. What do you think am I?”, Jihyo pouted as she is annoyed by Jongkook.

 

             “Arasseo. I’m just reminding him. No one can control you, you know?”, Jongkook said in disbelief. 

 

             “Instead of reminding Kwangsoo, you should accompany me then. Since you are the only one who can handle me.”, Jihyo said while rolling her eyes.

 

             “I’m planning too this school break.”, Jongkook revealed.

 

             “Jinjja?”, Jihyo asked in shock that her big doe eyes opened widely.

 

             “Eo.”, Jongkook chuckled.

 

             “Yes! Hajiman, oppa eodiya? Looks like you are not at home?”, Jihyo asked while moving her face closer to her phone to look at Jongkook surrounding.    

 

             “Eo. I’m at a restaurant with my colleague. Having a dinner.”, Jongkook revealed.

 

             “Colleague? Nugurang? That’s my first time to hear about things like that from you. Are you sure your colleague? Yeochin aniya?”, Jihyo asked in disbelief.

 

             “Ya. Yeochin mussuen? It’s my colleague.”, Jongkook said while eyeing Eunhye who probably listening to their conversation.

 

             “Keureom, show me. Palli!!”, Jihyo said as she doesn’t believe Jongkook.

 

             “Ya! Talk to you later. Annyeong.”, Jongkook said in a rush and ended the video call as soon as possible.

 

             “Mian. Chingu.”, Jongkook said to Eunhye as he kept his phone.

 

       “Gwenchanayo.”, Eunhye nodded with a smile. “Hajiman, jinjja chingu yo? Yeochin aniyo?”, Eunhye asked in curious.

 

             “Aniyo. Malhaejanhayo. Yeochin eobseoyo.”, Jongkook said.

 

             “She sounded like one.”, Eunhye concluded.

 

 

“Mwoya? Did oppa got himself a yeochin?”, Jihyo frowned while staring at Jongkook’s phone number on her phone as he ended the video called as soon.

 

             “Jinjja yeoja ya? With Jongkook hyung?”, Kwangsoo asked as he munched his food.

 

             “Molla. He didn’t show it to me but it’s weird that he said he is having a dinner with his colleague. Nugu? He never went out with his colleague. And to go to a restaurant like that.”, Jihyo continued to complain.

 

             “Maybe he di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter