Yeah, Bestie!

Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“This is the final boarding call for passengers Jo Insung booked on flight RE058 to Seoul. Please proceed to gate 5 immediately. The final checks are being completed and the captain will order for the doors of the aircraft to close approximately five minutes time. I repeat. This is the final boarding call for Jo Insung. Thank you.”, Jihyo announced the final boarding call for the passenger who are still not arrive yet. Jihyo looked around but there are no the Jo Insung’s shadow so she decided to enter the airplane after five minutes of waiting.

 

             “Chogiyo! I’m Jo Insung! Jeuseonghamnida for being late.”, a man called Jihyo and touched her arm slightly as he called her.

 

             “Eo? Ne… Gwenchanayo. Let me see your flight ticket.”, Jihyo turned her head to look at the man and immediately asked for the flight ticket with a smile.

 

             “Yeogiyo.”, Insung said while handling his flight ticket to Jihyo.

 

             Ne… You can enter now. We are almost take off.”, Jihyo said while leading the way to Jo Insung, the passenger. 

 

             “Ne.”, Insung smiled while following her.

 

             Jihyo entered the flight as the earlier passenger who was late took his seat on the first class seat. As usual, before boarding, Jihyo will checked on the passengers, conducted safety and service briefing with flight deck, covering flight path, projected block-to-block, anticipated ATC holds or arrival sequencing and any other unusual operations such as mountain wave activity, TPs, active thunderstorms or other unusual weather enroute.

 

             After done all the checking, Jihyo went to approach an old married couple who sat on the first class seat to make sure that they are fine. Old people and seniors generally take more care in their arrangements to avoid various stresses. They tend to suffer with jetlag too and it will definitely affects them.

 

             “Sonnim, gwenchanayo? Do you need anything?”, Jihyo asked with a smile while asking them. They are Koreans, so she spontaneously asking them in Korean language.

 

             “Ne. Uri neun gwenchanayo.”, the old man answered Jihyo with a smile.

 

             “Ne. You can call me if you need anything.”, Jihyo said with a smile.

 

             “Aigoo. You are so pretty and kind. How I wish my granddaughter had a job like you. Successful, pretty and so kind.”, the old woman suddenly giving Jihyo numerous compliments, making herself blushed.

 

             “Aniyo.”, Jihyo waved her hands as she is shy by the sudden compliments from one of her passengers.

 

             “Aniyo. Majayo. You are so pretty, even when you are smiling. So kind. You even asked us how we are doing.”, the old woman said while pointing to herself and her husband.

 

             “Aniyo, sonnim. That is part of my job. To ensure your safety and making you feel fine during the flight trip.”, Jihyo emphasized with a smile.

 

             “Just say it like that.”, the old woman chuckled. “Anyway, I bet your daughter must look so pretty. If she takes your look, keutji?”, the old woman suddenly throwing a question to Jihyo again.  

 

             “Yeobo, keumanhae. Don’t ask personal question like that. She might be uncomfortable.”, the old woman’s husband reminding the old woman by tapping her hand once as a gesture of her to stop asking about Jihyo’s personal life.

 

             “Aniyo. Gwenchanayo.”, Jihyo nodded with a smile while talking to the old man. It’s a common thing in Jihyo’s life as a stewardess that some of the passengers might asking her some personal question like that. It’s not the first time for her so she managed to control the situation professionally. 

 

             “Keundaeyo, sonnim. I’m not married so I don’t know how my daughter look like.”, Jihyo chuckled while saying her answer to the old woman’s question.

 

             “Jinjjayo? I thought you are married. You are so pretty. No one likes you?”, the old woman asked in disappointment that her lip curl inward while looking at Jihyo.

 

             “Yeobo…”, the old man called on his wife again as a sign for her to stop talking.

 

             “Noona, are you done checking on the passengers? We are about to take off.”, Kwangsoo suddenly approached Jihyo.

 

             “Ne.”, Jihyo answered Kwangsoo as she looked at him. “Sonnim, I have to take my seat soon. We are about to take off. So if you need anything, you can call me or raise your hand so that any other flight attendants can come to you.”, Jihyo said to the old married couple with a smile and a nod to them.

 

             Jihyo quickly took her seat and fastened her seatbelt as the flight are about to take off. She fixed her position and exercising her eyes to stay fresh despite of feeling sleepy at that time. The flight duration to Seoul from New York will take about 15 hours, so staying awake to check on the passengers in the flight is a must thing to do for her. Accurately, for all flight attendants.

 

             “Gomapda, Kwangsoo-ya.”, Jihyo said while tapping Kwangsoo’s hand who sat next to her.

 

             “I came on the right time, keutji?”, Kwangsoo grinned while asking Jihyo.

 

             “I’m glad I’m on the same team with you. Only you know how it is.”, Jihyo chuckled.

 

             “It’s weird. It always happened to you, noona. But not me.”, Kwangsoo said in disbelief.

 

             “Ya. Look at me. I’m 42-year-old but I’m still gorgeous and pretty. Look at you. You are only tall and don’t have anything to attract people.”, Jihyo said while laughing at Kwangsoo.

 

             “Noona…. don’t say it like that. Even if I am this tall with this look, at least I got Sunbin. Noona neun?”, Kwangsoo said while bragging about his girlfriend.

 

             “Ya. I just don’t want to date. Not that no namja is not looking at me. What do you know? Are you becoming like my mom too?”, Jihyo sighed while looking away from Kwangsoo.

 

             “Aniya, noona. Dongdap dongdap. I just bragged about my girlfriend. You know how much I like her, right?”, Kwangsoo asked while nudging Jihyo with his foolish smile.

 

             “Eo. So take care of her well. Love her as much as she loves you, paboya.”, Jihyo said while looking at Kwangsoo.

 

             “Ne!”, Kwangsoo answered in excitement. 

 

             After the 15-hour flight, Kwangsoo and Jihyo thanked all the passengers all the way out. They kept a smile on their face, along with other flight attendants to express their gratitude by using Running Air.

 

             “Chogiyo. Kamsahaeyo. If it’s not because of your announcement earlier, I must not be taking this flight and arriving at Seoul now.”, the passenger who is late before, Jo Insung, thanking Jihyo with a smile on his way out.

 

             “Ne? Aaaa ne. Gwenchanayo. It’s part of my job. I have to make sure every passenger not missing their flight.”, Jihyo answered with a smile.

 

             “Aaa ne. I was dozing off at the restaurant because I am too tired due to my work. I came to New York because my boss assigned me to have a meeting with the endorser there. So, because of your beautiful voice, I managed to wake up and realized that I was late.”, Insung suddenly sharing his stories to Jihyo while chuckling.

 

             “Ne. I see. I’m grateful that you get to realize before it’s too late.”, Jihyo replies with a small chuckled too.

 

             “Aniyo. Thanks to you. Keureom, I have to go.”, Insung said to Jihyo while nodding to her and Kwangsoo with a smile.

 

             “Ne. Kamsahamnida.”, Jihyo nodded to him too while bidding her goodbye.

 

             After the passengers disembark, Jihyo, Kwangsoo and other flight attendants fill out an issue report, checking the passenger cabin, collecting items that some passengers left behind and cleaning tasks. After all of it were done, Jihyo and Kwangsoo were going out from the flight and ready to go home as their shift ended.

 

             “That is the passenger who was late just now, keutji noona?”, Kwangsoo asked as he and Jihyo continued to walk on their way out, referring to Jo Insung.

 

             “Eo.”, Jihyo answered shortly.

 

             “He is handsome. You don’t want to try?”, Kwangsoo asked.

 

             “Ya! What try? What kind of woman am I that you think I can try every namja?”, Jihyo asked in disbelief while hitting Kwangsoo’s shoulder.

 

             “Aniya. I’m just saying, noona.”, Kwangsoo flinched as he tried to avoid Jihyo’s hit.

 

             “Don’t say anything nonsense. I thought you respect my decision?”, Jihyo stopped to walk while looking at Kwangsoo straight in the eyes.

 

             “Eo… I… I… respect your decision for not wanting to date anyone for the time being. I just… gave you a suggestion. Mianhae, noona. Don’t be mad at me.”, Kwangsoo stuttered as he is afraid of Jihyo. Jihyo is a hot-tempered woman despite having the bubbly personality in her life, so sometimes he is scared by her.

 

             “Dwaesseo. If you try to set me up with any namja again, don’t ever talk to me anymore.”, Jihyo said while pointing at him as she continued to walk.

 

             “Arasseo, noona.”, Kwangsoo obeyed as he followed her.

 

             “Where is Jongkook oppa? I thought he is here already?”, Jihyo asked while looking around outside the airport as they arrived there.

 

             “Have you reminded him? Or perhaps did you called him?”, Kwangsoo asked Jihyo.

 

             “Jihyo-ya! Kwangsoo!”, the familiar voice called both of them, making Jihyo and Kwangsoo turned to look at the familiar voice.

 

             “Eo, hyung!”, Kwangsoo waved his hand to Jongkook.

 

             “Oppa!”, Jihyo called him too.

 

             Jongkook approached Jihyo and Kwangsoo with his light steps and naturally took Jihyo’s luggage from her. Probably wanted to help her.

 

             “Have you been waiting for long, oppa?”, Jihyo asked Jongkook as the three of them went to the carpark.

 

             “Eo. For couple of hours.”, Jongkook answered, making Jihyo looked at him with her mong expression.

 

             “Wae? Why you look at me like that? You told me you would be arriving here at 8pm so I went here approximately at 8pm. But look at the time now. It’s 10pm.”, Jongkook said while looking at his watch.

 

             “Jinjja? I told you to pick us up at 8pm?”, Jihyo asked in surprise that her eyes opened widely.

 

             “Eo. You can check back your text.”, Jongkook said.

 

             Jihyo quickly took her phone after what Jongkook revealed to her. She sighed after she checked her text, she did told Jongkook to pick them up at 8pm. She then looked at Jongkook with her guiltiness surrounded her.

 

             “Maja, keutji?”, Jongkook chuckled while putting Jihyo’s luggage in the boot as he looked at her.

 

             “Majaya, noona?”, Kwangsoo asked as he put his luggage in the boot too.

 

             “Mianhae, oppa.”, Jihyo sighed while apologizing to Jongkook.

 

             “Dwaesseo. It’s not that I don’t know you.”, Jongkook chuckled as he entered the car.

 

             “You must be waiting for long. What are you doing then?”, Jihyo asked as she fastened her seatbelt on the passenger seat next to Jongkook.

 

             “Watching soccer.”, Jongkook answered while fastening his seatbelt too.

 

             “Arghh noona. You should knock out your sense sometimes.”, Kwangsoo advice Jihyo from the back seat.

 

             “Joyonghae.”, Jihyo scolded him instead.

 

             “Why you told me to shut up when I want you to be better?”, Kwangsoo asked in sullen.

 

             “So you said I’m not good?”, Jihyo asked with her fierce eyes while looking at Kwangsoo on the backseat.

 

             “Eyyyy, noona. You and your tempered.”, Kwangsoo flinched.

 

             “Why would you be here? Why won’t you ask Sunbin to pick you up?”, Jihyo asked while looking away from Kwangsoo as she fixed her position back.

 

             “She is busy with her work. I can’t ask her to pick me up.”, Kwangsoo informed.

 

             “Then why would you ask Jongkook oppa to pick you up?”, Jihyo asked.

 

             “Keureom noona neun? Wae Jongkook hyung? Why wouldn’t you ask your friends?”, Kwangsoo fired back.

 

             “They are busy.”, Jihyo answered shortly.

 

             “Ya, ya, ya. Are you guys cat and dog? Just stop fighting for a while, jebal. How did you guys even managed to stop the fight while working?”, Jongkook shook his head as he started to drive.

 

             “We are very professional during work, oppa.”, Jihyo answered to Jongkook while pouting.

 

             “Then do the same here, please. Stop fighting and act like an adult, eo?”, Jongkook said.

 

             “You and your nagged. Jebal keuman, oppa. Eyyy.”, Jihyo looked at Jongkook in disbelief while shaking her head.

 

             “If I’m not nagging to you, then who will?”, Jongkook asked Jihyo.

 

             “Nae omma.”, Jihyo answered shortly.

 

             “And then you will come to me and complained about all your omma’s nagged. From going to a blind date, get married, find a man-“.

 

             “Oppa… not you too.”, Jihyo sighed in disbelief.

 

             “I told you the truth, Jihyo-ya. Your omma will nagged at you and then you come to me to complain about it. So?”, Jongkook asked while stealing a glance at Jihyo.

 

             “So you don’t like it if I’m complaining to you? Are you perhaps getting sick of it? You should’ve told me so that I won’t disturb you anymore. It must be annoying to listen to my complained, keutji?”, Jihyo predicted with annoyance.

 

             “Ya. I don’t mean it like that. Don’t take it wrong, Jihyo-ya.”, Jongkook said in guilty as he sensed Jihyo is getting hurt by his words.

 

             “Dwaesseo, oppa. Na gwenchana. Don’t talk to me. I’m so tired. I don’t get enough sleep and I have to wake for 15 hours to make sure my passenger is safe and well just now.”, Jihyo crossed her arms while closing her eyes. 

 

             “Arasseo. Take a rest. You too, Kwangsoo.”, Jongkook said to both Jihyo and Kwangsoo.

 

             After dropping off Kwangsoo at his apartment, Jongkook went to Mapo to drop off Jihyo next. He felt bad to wake up Jihyo so he decided to wait for few minutes. He looked at her while thinking why is that best friend of him doesn’t want to get into a relationship? Why she rejected all man over the world and getting mad if her mom setting her up for a blind date? She is pretty and he knew that every man who had a blind date with her, liked her. 

 

             “Eo?”, Jihyo suddenly woke up while looking around and noticed that Jongkook has been staring at her. “Wae, oppa? Why you didn’t wake me up?”, Jihyo asked with her hoarse voice.

 

             “Aniya. I don’t want to wake you up. You look so tired. Gwenchana?”, Jongkook said to Jihyo.

 

             “Gwenchana. I will continue to take my sleep after this.”, Jihyo said while squirming.

 

             “Keurae. Don’t forget to take your shower and have a rest well.”, Jongkook said while opening the car door to take Jihyo’s luggage in the boot.

 

             “Eo.”, Jihyo answered shortly while getting out from the car too.

 

             “Yeogi. Do you want me to help you with the luggage?”, Jongkook asked in concern.

 

             “Aniya, oppa. You already helped me a lot today. You even waited for couple of hours because of me. I thanked enough. You should go back, eo? It’s late now.”, Jihyo kindly rejected Jongkook’s helped while tapping his arm twice.

 

             “Jinjja? I won’t ask twice.”, Jongkook asked to make sure.

 

             “Eo. Keunyang ka. I will be fine.”, Jihyo nodded to assure Jongkook.

 

             Keurae. Jusimhae. Ka palli. I will go after I see you goes inside.”, Jongkook said while tapping Jihyo’s shoulder.

 

             “Arasseo.”, Jihyo nodded as she entered her apartment entrance. She turned her back again to look at Jongkook and waved her hand to him. 

 

             “Ka!”, Jongkook shouted while waving his hand to Jihyo too.

 

 

It’s weekend. After having five days going to work at school, Jongkook decided to go for a workout at the gym nearby his house. As usual, dumbbell is one of his best friends. He decided to make a bent over dumbbell row workout.

 

             The dumbbell row is a variation of the bent over row and an exercise used to build back muscle and strength. It can be performed during back workouts, upper body workouts, pull workouts and full body workouts.

 

             Jongkook assumed a standing position while holding dumbbell in each hand with a neutral grip as he started his workout. He hinged forward until his torso is roughly parallel with the floor and then begin the movement by driving the elbows behind his body while retracting the shoulder blades.

 

             After that, Jongkook pulled the dumbbells toward his body until his elbows are at the midline and then slowly lower the dumbbells back to the starting position under control. He kept repeating the workout with 4 sets and 12 reps until he is done for his workout that day.

 

             “Hyung!”, Hyuk, Jongkook’s friend approached him as he aware that Jongkook had done his workout.

 

             “Eo?”, Jongkook asked after gulping his water bottle.

 

             “Are you done for the day? Got any plan after this?”, Hyuk asked while tapping Jongkook’s shoulder once.   

 

             “Eobseo jigeumeun. Hajiman, I have a dinner with my friends tonight.”, Jongkook said.

 

             “Nugurang? Jihyo?”, Hyuk predicted.

 

             “Eo. Donghoon ddo. Jaesuk hyung. And others.”, Jongkook replied.

 

             “Keurae?”, Hyuk asked.

 

             “Wae? You need my help tonight? Or do you want to hang out?”, Jongkook asked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter