Four

Unforgettable Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

❝A Moment To Cherish❞

 

 

7:03 pm 

 

 

The bus halted by the stop, the destination was right after their steps getting out yet it didn't feel like they were away from it because being with each other at the moment, or the moment they had enjoyed a few moments ago felt like they were at peace, at their peaceful place. 

 

Yet, the squad of four friends had stepped down from the bus, waving at the driver who drove the bus away as the four of them stared at the last seat of the bus disappearing from their sights, the place they were seated at a few minutes ago, a seat where they had shared their almost nothing sort of making sense conversation, a seat which they had left a moments of laughter of theirs and a seat which was somehow becoming their own favorite place. 

 

"God, my back hurts." 

 

Inha groaned, twisting her torso from one side to the other, and unconsciously bumping her elbow on Sehun's stomach who was just behind her as he yelped. "Yah, Baek Inha." 

 

"Oops, sorry, it's just my back hurts from the constant dancing." Inha tilted her head with a tight grin, and Sehun narrowed his eyes at her while Yoojung groaned. "Right, my throat hurts from singing too much." 

 

"And my legs are giving up now." 

 

Jinsoo whined, immediately leaning himself against Sehun's back, or say, on his backpack with his arms around his shoulders causing the latter to choke with a weight bending him backwards as he grumbled, still not pushing him away. "And, my head hurts after laughing at you three fooling around." 

 

"Shut up," Yoojung gave him a look. "We saw you jamming yourself in some songs." 

 

Sehun opened his mouth only to stop by Inha's threatening eyes. "Don't even deny it, Oh Sehun." 

 

"I wasn't going to from the start," He trailed off, holding Jinsoo's arms as the latter had laid his head on his backpack with a playful smirk curving his lips. "But it's true that you three were fooling around."

 

True. 

 

The moment they had reached the karaoke, their immense screams of excitement couldn't be hold in till they had booked a room for an hour, but not even being satisfied with an hour, they asked for another one again, with their screams, high pitch notes of Yoojung who actually had a beautiful voice to be considered as a singer, even much that Sehun was left shocked there, and there were the dancing machines Jinsoo and Inha, who couldn't stop dancing at any song along with Jinsoo's rapping, then turning out to be amazing at it, except, Inha who was not born to be singer yet nothing stopped her from singing her heart out. 

 

However, in all those moments, Sehun had enjoyed the most, never in his dreams he imagined himself being a part of the trio, to be seated there enjoying his time in the karaoke to laugh his heart out at their most unexpected clumsy moments but in all, he was happy to be with them. 

 

"But," Jinsoo mumbled, his voice muffled because of his cheek pressed against Sehun's backpack, "Isn't your home on the other way? Why did you get down here?" 

 

Sehun hummed. "I left my bike at the nearby repair shop yesterday, so I'll fetch it and drive it back home." 

 

The four of them began to walk down the path to their neighborhood with Sehun practically dragging Jinsoo's along with him as he couldn't walk at the moment or was too tired to do so, but Sehun didn't mind it, as if liking the feeling of having him as a friend, along with Yoojung and Inha. 

 

"Can you teach me how to ride a bike?" Jinsoo questioned, and Sehun was quick to nod with a chuckle. "Sure." 

 

"Why, suddenly?" Yoojung asked, and Jinsoo grinned. "It's cool." 

 

"But you'd look like an idiot, Jinsoo." 

 

Inha teased, laughing the next second and earned a hard pull on her cheek from Jinsoo with a glare. "Shut it, you little, goofball." 

 

"It hurts!" 

 

"Because it's meant to be!" 

 

"You both are so loud, seriously!" 

 

Yoojung scolded them with a glare as she slapped Jinsoo's hand off from Inha's cheek leading him to stumble on the side which had Sehun to trip forward but was quick to hold himself back until Jinsoo had held his shoulder for the support to stand properly causing Sehun to bend over in reflex but only got the latter to fall on the ground. 

 

The next second, the trio began to laugh loudly at the sudden clumsiness of theirs while Jinsoo was glaring at them until he stood up only to headlock Sehun as he yelped with a laugh leaving Jinsoo to laugh back. 

 

"Excuse me?" 

 

The four of the friends having their moment of laughter had stopped, and looked at the direction to see a boy almost the same age as theirs, as he stood tall almost matching Sehun's height just like Jinsoo and clad in a pair of hoodie and jeans with a phone against his ear while a hesitant yet awkward look on his face the moment he found the position of Jinsoo and Sehun's headlock one. 

 

Both of them were quick to stand straight as Jinsoo gave him a polite smile. "How can we help you?" 

 

"Oh, yeah, I'm actually new to this city and neighborhood," He trailed off, giving them an awkward smile, "And I am looking for a house which is located in this area-" 

 

"Just ask them where Baek Daewon and Baek Ji-Hye's house is," 

 

A voice erupted through his phone like a loud speaker where the squad of friends were quick to glance at Inha after hearing her parents names who looked back at them with a shrug until the voice had spoken again. 

 

"I don't know what Ji-Hye saw in him to get married to him who fights like a gangster around the streets, I'm sure he would be famous enough around so just ask his name-" 

 

"I'll talk to you later, mom." 

 

The guy had hung up with an awkward look on his face as he looked at the squad who was suddenly standing silent, and awkward, and somehow cold to look as he coughed awkwardly again. "Sorry about that." 

 

Inha had her jaw clenched tightly after hearing that, and as much as she wanted to yell at the guy, she couldn't, because it was a matter related to her father so she didn't want to make a scene while the trio were staring at her with a concerned but the next second, she had surprised them. 

 

A smile had curved her lips as she met the guy's eyes whose eyes slightly widened to blink at the sudden action of hers where Inha nodded, "Actually, you got the wrong street," Inha paused, before pointing at the street at the back which they just passed by. "You have to go in that street and you will see the house, and the people who are much famous to meet." 

 

Her lips pressed together with a tight grin, and the guy blinked a couple of times blankly yet confusingly as he was still contemplating to nod with a quick smile. "Thank you." 

 

He walked past them and Yoojung stared at Inha confusingly. "Are you crazy? Why did you give him the wrong address?" 

 

"Didn't you hear what his mom said about my dad?" Inha scoffed to herself as she crossed her arms to herself with her fingers drumming on her elbow. "I can't believe this!" 

 

"I can't believe you, goofball." Jinsoo tilted his head with a sigh. "What was his fault that you sent him at the wrong place? It was his mom talking not him." 

 

"And what if he gets lost or something in that street?" 

 

The three of them turned to Sehun who shrugged. "I mean I know his mom was wrong and it was also wrong for you to do the wrong as well, but he's also new in this neighborhood like me so what if he gets lost?" 

 

Well, he actually said something sane. 

 

Inha blinked a couple of times before a guilt had washed over her as she gulped, her lips. "What do we do now?" 

 

"Jinsoo, go after that guy, I don't think he'd be far away." Yoojung gestured him to go and Jinsoo nodded, not before giving a light fist bump on Inha's head to which she pouted as he jogged away where Sehun stared at her with a look. "You're really a handful, Baek Inha." 

 

Inha squinted her eyes at him. "Don't make me punch you right now, Oh Sehun." 

 

Yoojung shook her head with a sigh until they heard Jinsoo's shout from behind as they looked behind only to find him running towards them as he yelled. "Run!" 

 

The trio couldn't help but get alert as they began to run where Sehun, who didn't know where to go since he was still new to the neighborhood until Inha had grabbed his wrist to make run along with Yoojung ahead of them while Jinsoo behind them. 

 

"Why are we running?!" Yoojung questioned, and Jinsoo yelled behind. "The guy is coming back!"

 

"But what did you do?!" 

 

"Nothing!" 

 

"Then?!" 

 

"I don't know! Just run!" 

 

He yelled again, still behind the trio as they kept running without even knowing why because of their own friend until Yoojung stopped by her house, as she immediately plopped on the porch along with Sehun and Inha panting with heavy breathes until Jinsoo reached only to fall forward in front of the house but instead of getting up, he just laid there on his back like a sleeping log. 

 

As soon as they had calmed down from the running pant of theirs, the four of them looked at each other for a moment to recall their moment to burst into laughter the next second together. 

 

Inha had leaned herself on Yoojung who was leaning her head against the pole while Sehun was sitting laughing his heart out with his eyes toward Jinsoo still lying and laughing with a hold on his stomach but his posture was weird because of the backpack on his back which made it more funnier at the moment to stop their laughter. 

 

The laughter of theirs were echoing in the whole neighborhood, some familiar laughter but another one was added, and now was being sealed like a memory to cherish. 

 

The front door of Yoojung's house opened, revealing Yoojung's grandmother, Min Ae-Cha, who was standing there with a frown of confusion on her face at the confusing sight of the four children having a fit of laughter at her porch and that was the exact reason for her to open the door since their voice was too loud not to get disturbed. 

 

"No wonder It felt familiar." She shook her head with a look toward the four kids in front of her where they were quick to look at her with a startled look and Yoojung smiled widely. "Grandma!" 

 

"Yes, it's your grandma, now come inside." She chuckled, walking inside with Inha quickly standing up while helping Yoojung to run inside with an exclamation towards Ae-Cha as she hugged her from behind. "My Ae-Cha!" 

 

"Yah, it's grandma for you, you impolite girl!"

 

"But I like your name more," Inha pouted, resting her chin on her shoulder. "It sounds pretty, Ae-Cha." 

 

"You need a slap." 

 

Inha giggled, kissing her cheek causing the latter to sigh with a smile afterwards at her affection to walk through the kitchen with Inha still hugging her while following her like a puppy. 

 

Yoojung tilted her head with a smile at the sight to turn towards the two males who were still laughing at each other, more like laughing at Jinsoo's lying position as Sehun helped him up with both of them walking towards her to follow her inside. 

 

"Oh, I see a familiar face." Ae-Cha smiled, staring at Sehun softly and Sehun was quick to bow at her with a smile. "Good evening." 

 

"Oh Sehun, am I right?" 

 

"Yes, ma'am." 

 

"Woah, hearing after ages sure flutters my heart." She chuckled, setting the table with the dishes as she gave him a smile. "And call me grandma like these kids," She paused, slapping Inha's hand who was about to grab the kimchi from the bowl, "What do I do with you, Inha?" 

 

Inha whined. "I'm hungry!" 

 

"Go and wash your hands till I serve dinner." She gave her a stern look and Inha was quick to react by walking in the kitchen with Yoojung following behind while laughing where Jinsoo was about to get up but shot a confused look to Sehun the moment he bowed to Ae-Cha. "Then, I'll take my leave, grandma." 

 

Ae-Cha gave him a look. "What do you mean by taking your leave? Come here and have dinner with us, Sehun-ah." 

 

Sehun opened his mouth to refuse but Jinsoo was quick to take off his backpack to put it on the couch of the living room with Sehun frowning at him where the latter smiled at him. "Let's have some dinner!" 

 

And Sehun couldn't refuse at the end. 

 

Soon enough, the dinner was served by the time and everyone was having it with wholeheartedly while exchanging some interesting conversation about the school, or the home but it ended up about having a moment ago where Inha had gave the guy wrong information about the house with Ae-Cha getting to know behind the laughing session at her porch. 

 

And a second after the conversation, Inha had earned a hard snack on her back from Ae-Cha as she hissed. "It hurts, grandma!" 

 

"I can't believe this girl!" 

 

Yoojung and Jinsoo were too used to this sight to even react as they kept eating with a little chucking but Sehun surely was amazed, as he had his lips curved in a smile and wondering how many times she had made him laugh at her oddness till now which had left him even more curious about Inha. 

 

The dinner was finished with the laughter of the trio and whines of Inha by getting scolded by Ae-Cha while the time had passed, striking by almost nine in the evening yet Sehun was still there, he had to be at home but was glad that he had texted home to come later than usual by the sudden change of his plans as right now, the squad of four were seated in the living room, on the floor by the couch with the coffee table in front of him had a bunch of their notebooks opened. 

 

Yes, they are doing their homework at the moment, something surprising at the moment but he knew that Inha and Yoojung do take their studies seriously while Jinsoo was an average at it like him and at the moment, both of them were too bored to study as both of them exchanged a look to drop their heads on the table with a groan. 

 

"Yah, yah, get up, you lazy bums!" 

 

Yoojung slapped the notebooks in front of them making them groan again as they sat up with a dejected sigh as Jinsoo lazily picked up his pen to scribble through his notebook where not understanding the question of mathematics, he was quick to ask Yoojung who was seated next to him as she began to explain it to him. 

 

Sehun placed his chin on his palm against the table by the support of his elbow to spare a quick glance at Inha, who was awfully and surprisingly silent as she was focused solving the problem but had her lips twisted with a disturbed frown on her face and as if she was being too transparent to Sehun who was quick to understand the reason behind her expression and before he knew it, the words were out of his mouth. 

 

"Do you wanna help?" 

 

Inha almost gasped at the sudden voice of his, along with his question since he was beside her, almost close to her as she met his patient eyes and Inha frowned. "Do you know how to solve this equation?" 

 

Sehun slightly leaned closer, their shoulders almost brushing as he peeked through the notebook with his deepened frown, something he does when he has to concentrate with his eyes slightly widening as if finding the problem behind the unsolvable equation. "Why don't you try changing the formula?" 

 

"Huh?" Inha let out a confused hum with a frown to peek through the notebook to realize her mistake as her lips graced in a smile. "Oh, you're right!" 

 

Sehun nodded. "I know." 

 

She gave him a look. "Sure," Before taking a pause as she smiled lightly. "You're actually quite smart, Oh Sehun." 

 

And his lips had a subtle curve. "Sure." 

 

"There you go." 

 

Four of them looked at Ae-Cha who placed a plate filled with sliced melons to smile at them. "Have them while you study to stay energized." 

 

"Thank you, grandma." Yoojung smiled at her and Ae-Cha caressed her head before heading to her room to take her medicine with Jinsoo immediately taking a slice to start eating it. "Woah, this is tasty!" 

 

 "Okay, this is done!" Yoojung exclaimed, shutting her notebook along with Inha and Jinsoo and Sehun were quick to follow to pack up their bags excitedly leaving the girls to shake their heads as Inha took the slice for herself while Yoojung took a glance at Ae-Cha's room. "Should we head upstairs since grandma is going to sleep now?" 

 

Inha nodded, "Let's do that," And stood up grabbing the plate of melons in her hand to which Sehun almost reached out to grab the slice only to get slapped on his hand as he narrowed his eyes at Inha who did it back at him. "Let's head upstairs first." 

 

Inha had already walked away but still could feel the strong gaze on the back of her head to which she didn't have to turn around to know and Sehun was quick to follow along with Yoojung and Jinsoo where the four of them ended up on the rooftop. 

 

"Woah, it's refreshing!" 

 

Jinsoo exclaimed, feeling the fresh air through his face to sit down on the outdoor wooden table placed by the railing where half of the neighborhood and the lights around it were visible enough, and were shining bright enough as the trio followed suit. 

 

"This place surely gives a comforting vibe." Inha sighed, taking off her coat to cover her legs as she hugged them to her chest afterwards while munching her melon with her eyes staring at the sight in front of her with a smile before feeling Yoojung leaning her back against hers to make herself comfortable. "Right." 

 

Jinsoo was lying with her head placed on Yoojung's coat on her lap as he continued to munch with Sehun sitting beside Inha, watching the sight of lights with a glint of amazement while munching his melon, a sight giving him a sense of comfort and calmness through it along with the comfortable silence around them. 

 

"Yah, look at this!" 

 

Jinsoo exclaimed, and the trio looked at him only to chuckle afterwards as the seed of melon was right on the bridge of his nose like a mole but in a funnier way until a question had popped up in Sehun's mind as he looked at Yoojung. "Do you live alone with your grandma?" 

 

Yoojung blinked at him to nod with a light smile. "Yeah, my parents are always kind of busy so I ended up moving here." 

 

Sehun nodded, and Yoojung chuckled, somehow not surprised by his sudden curiosity as this morning he was attentive enough towards them to understand as she threw her head back to rest the back of her head on Inha's shoulder with her eyes closed. 

 

"It's not that they do it on purpose," She trailed off, her eyes fluttered opened to gaze at the night sky, "I have seen how hard they try to make time for me, and how hard they try to earn as much as they can so I can live my life without any hardships," She paused, a sudden lump forming in , "I understand it but sometimes I don't want to understand it, sometimes I just want to whine to them about everything but I can't, because I understand them." 

 

She was silent, but could still feel the gazes of the two males in her sight yet could feel Inha's stiffened self against her as she peeked at Sehun and Jinsoo with a chuckle. "What? Don't give me that look, okay? I'm still happy where I am right now, plus that made me meet all of you and grandma." 

 

Inha smiled, lightly bumping her head against Yoojung's head as if telling her that she heard it well enough, and understood well enough. 

 

"Oh, Sehun-ah," Jinsoo called out, and Sehun hummed, looking up at the sky where he heard Jinsoo asking him. "Do you have any siblings?" 

 

"I have an older brother but he stays out most of the time for his work so we hardly meet." 

 

"Ah, that's a pity." 

 

Sehun stared at him confused. "I thought you'd say otherwise." 

 

Jinsoo let out a chuckle. "I know that Minho hyung seems like an annoying brother but I am still glad he's my brother," He trailed off, his lips curving up in a bittersweet smile. "Since dad passed away, he's been doing everything a father does to his children which he's been doing for me, he's been doing so much for us that I even ask myself if he even lives his life for himself or what's on his mind after that incident," He paused, recalling the day of his retirement along with the injury on his shoulder to gulp. "But he still goes on like a cheerful person so I'm glad that he's my brother," He stopped to look at Sehun who was already looking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter