Eighteen

Unforgettable Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

❝The Drifted Past❞

 

 

3:13 pm

 

 

The sun seeping its heated warmth in arrival of summer was slowly covered by the bubbling white clouds until the clouds were merged in a color of gray; a kind of gray that gave people a hunch of the rain, as the weather forecast had been updating on the billboard of the building of the upcoming rain that had been happening from the past week. 

 

The sound of thunder was enough to prove it, the hustle bustling road of people was being wet by the heavy rain, some running back and forth to save themselves from getting wet, or some just letting the rain welcome them in the arrival of the monsoon season that came predicted yet not really. 

 

Like the unpredicted was waiting for it to be predicted. 

 

Jinsoo stood by the glass window of his cabin; his eyes staring at the pouring rain through it with a smile with his hands shoved in his pockets of his formal suit, his underneath button down shirt being sleeved up after the work of the photo shoot being done for today. 

 

The protagonist of it was his best friend seated on the swivel chair of his table as he looked over his shoulder to find Sehun facing the glass window like him but his head was leaned back against the headrest of the chair with his eyes closed as he listened to his music through the airpods plugged in his ears. 

 

Jinsoo smiled; his unchanged best friend was still the same and love for the music was still in sight. 

 

"Did he fall asleep?" 

 

He looked over at the person sitting on the couch of his cabin, Ah-Young, in her casuals having a sip of her coffee as she was the exact same protagonist of the photo shoot but happened to wait for her manager to pick her up who, at the moment was late so Jinsoo had invited her to wait in his cabin while Sehun wanted to explore his office more that he couldn't do last time because of his tight schedule but for now, he was free from it, so without even listening to Jinsoo he had settled in leaving the latter with a roll of his eyes. 

 

Best friends for a reason indeed. 

 

"I guess, his schedule must be tight for him to get tired."

 

Jinsoo mumbled, looking at him softly and Ah-Young couldn't help but notice to chuckle. "You must have missed him." 

 

Jinsoo met her eyes with a smile as he nodded. "Yeah, we all missed him," He trailed off, walking up to her as he took a seat across from her. "I heard you have been friends with him for years now." 

 

Ah-Young nodded. "We met in a photo shoot for an ad but we both happened to be as reserved as ever to talk so we just exchanged some greetings," She paused, with a chuckle. "But our shoots just kept colliding together so we happened to talk, and we just got close since then but of course," She trailed off, pointing at him. "I could never reach up to your level." 

 

Jinsoo chuckled, glancing at Sehun's back turned chair towards to look back at her. "Did he talk about us?" 

 

"Given his character, he wouldn't talk much about it," Ah-Young made a face towards him earning an acknowledging chuckle from Jinsoo before she smiled. "But, there was a time he told me about you guys, how you all used to be a known group of friends in high school and how you all have helped him reach his dream, and after listening to him, I really wanted to see who was dealing with him so handily." 

 

He snickered. "I can relate to somehow," He trailed off, glancing at him sneakily to lean forward with a hushed tone. "But my friend Inha used to handle him more handily than anyone could." 

 

"I have heard about it too." She nodded behind her hushed tone, and Jinsoo's forehead creased in surprise. "He told you about her?" 

 

"He was just reminiscing about her as a friend does but I happen to be very smart for it." She shrugged, with a smile as she leaned back. "He couldn't stop talking about her and after I met her three days back, I could tell." 

 

Jinsoo nodded. "She happens to nag a lot." 

 

"He seems to like it." 

 

"And I seemed to be listening to your nonsense now." 

 

Both of them flinched to glance in the direction of the table to find the chair turned towards their direction until he raised his head towards them with a narrowed look as he had been ignoring them to get his rest but the mention of that particular person had him listen to them. "Why are you getting so comfortable with each other?" 

 

"She's my guest." Jinsoo stated, before gesturing to him with his hand. "You go back to sleep." 

 

"Have her guest all you want," He trailed off, throwing his head back as he closed his eyes. "Don't discuss me, if you're not paying me for it." 

 

Jinsoo gave him a look. "You seem to be liking my chair though." 

 

"It's comfortable, get me one too." 

 

"I can see it now." Ah-Young nodded, though her heart softened at the sight. "How you handle him." 

 

"Where is your manager? I should just ask Chang-Ho hyung to drop you off." Sehun grumbled, and Jinsoo rolled his eyes. "My car could drop her off too." 

 

"Do the honors, ceo-guy." 

 

"Brat." 

 

Jinsoo rolled his eyes to look back at her with a contemplating look. "So, you must have known about your articles and all, right?" 

 

"Of course I know," She nodded, as she sighed deeply. "And I'm so fed up with it like who in the sane mind would go for this handily man? I could never because I have taste." 

 

"And your taste is bitter." 

 

"Ignore him." 

 

"As we should." 

 

Both of them chuckled and Sehun shook his head until the knock on the door had interrupted them with Ah-Young's manager waiting for her with Ha-min standing as Ah-Young was quick to cover her face with her mask to bid goodbye to Jinsoo ignoring the resting man on the chair who reciprocated this ignorance comfortably. 

 

Ha-min walked in with a look of something that Jinsoo had to look at him questionly as the latter grinned. "You wouldn't believe it." 

 

"Believe what?" 

 

Sehun questioned, and Ha-min flinched. "Right, you were here too." 

 

"Should I go out?" 

 

"Why are you like this?" 

 

Sehun chuckled. "Kidding." 

 

He left the chair and placed himself next to Jinsoo who grabbed the iPad from Ha-min as he stared at the screen with a focused look until Sehun questioned again. "New designs?" 

 

Jinsoo shook his head. "Designs I had drawn a few months back for this summer collection," He paused, as Sehun frowned. "But ain't it the other company?" 

 

"Jong Sae-jin." 

 

"The man I had an accident with?" 

 

Jinsoo nodded and Ha-min spoke up. "Three years back, his company stole the spring designs and the one who did was his assistant," He let out a deep sigh. "We got to know about it when his collection was out colliding with ours and it caused a huge chaos." 

 

"Yeah, I do remember reading about it in the article." Sehun nodded, "But it was taken care of, right?" 

 

"Yeah," Jinsoo nodded with a chuckle. "With the help of someone I never expected to get." 

 

"Who?" 

 

"Kim Mingyu." 

 

"Kim Mingyu?" He questioned, his eyes rounding with a dumbfounded look. "The Kim Mingyu we know?!" 

 

Ha-min nodded. "The Kim Mingyu we know." 

 

"So he became a journalist." Sehun mused, in a lost trance of the memory with him in the swimming court of the high school, and Jinsoo hummed. "His article popped up with affirmation of facts so the chaos was taken care of, and Jong Sae-jin's company did get a loss of it after I got my former assistant to spill the beans and with a warning of some law, I let him go." 

 

"So, did it happen again?" 

 

"I had my doubts since many new people have joined my company," Jinsoo paused, as he let out an incredulous chuckle at the designs. "I can't believe he is still predictable so I had prepared other designs beforehand." 

 

"What should we do?" Ha-min asked, and Jinsoo leaned back with a smirk. "Let's keep an eye on the employee for now and see how predictable he will be then we'll do how we always do it." 

 

Ha-min nodded. "Expose." 

 

"You evil bastard." Sehun uttered, looking at him with a proud face and Jinsoo chuckled along with Ha-min who left them alone as Sehun stared at Jinsoo for a moment. "You had it hard, didn't you?" 

 

"Who doesn't?" Jinsoo sighed. "But we gotta protect, and fight for our people as well as dreams too."

 

Sehun nodded, because there was a time when he was left conflicted of a choice; a choice of living his dream or running to the person having a hard time but was he really given a choice if he couldn't bring himself to burden the only person he wanted to see happy? To not disappoint her who had been pushing him ahead to achieve his dream? Was he really given a choice if he had chosen her happiness for living his, and her dream? 

 

Yeah, he had chosen her. 

 

He had protected her happiness and his dream. 

 

"Where are you lost?" Jinsoo snapped his fingers in front of him, before tilting his head. "Are you thinking about Inha?" 

 

And Sehun's widened eyes had proved him right. 

 

"How are you going to deal with this now?" Jinsoo questioned, genuinely worried for him as he couldn't see him in a pain like he had heard his cracked voice years back, he couldn't bear to see it again and Sehun shrugged. "It's not like I can handle my own feelings." 

 

"Stop it here, Sehun." 

 

"Stop wounding my wound, Jinsoo." 

 

Jinsoo sighed deeply. "I don't want you to get hurt." 

 

Sehun threw his head back. "If feelings worked by our wills then what an amazing world it would be." 

 

"I know right." 

 

Both of them went silent until Sehun asked. "Have you contacted Kim Mingyu?" 

 

"We do contact often but we aren't on friend terms," Jinsoo paused, with a sigh. "Especially Inha." 

 

"She's still pissed at him?" Sehun frowned, and Jinsoo chuckled. "You bet." 

 

Both of them chuckled together with Sehun lying comfortably on the couch with the cushion under his head while his legs on Jinsoo's lap as the latter gave him a done look. "Go home to sleep!" 

 

"I like it here, get me this couch too." 

 

"Your demands surely come in a list." 

 

"You're rich and my best friend." 

 

He grinned, and earned a smack of cushion on his face from Jinsoo while getting the same action from him until the door was knocked twice with Jinsoo's assistant walking in only to close the door with an apology where both males looked at each other confusingly to sit up straight. 

 

"This is going to get me in rumors!"

 

Sehun pressed his lips together. "Yoojung would believe you." 

 

"You little-" 

 

Another fit fight of cushions began with their curses that weren't a surprise for them because it had been their love language; indeed, best friends for every reason. 

 

 

 

__________________

 

 

 

 

5:36 pm 

 

 

"It's strange." 

 

Inha concluded, frowning in suspicion as she stood in her lab coat walking out of the elevator before she heard Si-woo beside her. "What's strange?" 

 

"You didn't notice?" She questioned, looking at him with a confused look. "Everyone's treating me nicely, sunbae." 

 

"Is that a bad thing?" 

 

"It's beyond strange." 

 

Inha sighed, walking down the hallway alongside Si-woo with a thought of the strange things happening to her since past three days; the people in the hospital had been treating her like a fellow doctor, something hadn't been happening from past few years, their behavior was sort of a respectful, and warm towards her that Inha was left flabbergasted. 

 

Though she had always wanted this kind of deserving treatment for her, it was a question to her that what happened in the past three days changed their sudden behavior into a good one. 

 

"I think it's because of the commotion that happened three days ago." Si-woo stated, pondering over it. "It can't be anything else, I mean the way you handled the situation of the panicked patient, even forgetting about how dangerous it was to jump into it was definitely admirable," He nodded, with a smile as he patted her shoulder. "Seeing that anyone could tell how hard you have tried to learn, and worked hard for being a doctor enough to jump into the danger to save the patient." 

 

Inha pondered over it, as until now, half of the people working in the hospital hardly gave her any respect or warm behavior to her because of the so-called privilege rumors and she didn't think that she had to jump in the danger to prove herself to the people for the acknowledgement but she knows that she didn't do it for their acknowledgment that would change just from the mere rumors but for the dream she had been protecting to till now in this place. 

 

She has been doing it; she will keep doing it. 

 

"So let's not think about it too much," Si-woo spoke, snapping her out as Inha looked at him as he continued. "And enjoy while it lasts." 

 

"You're already making me traumatized." 

 

"I'm just joking." 

 

Si-woo chuckled as Inha rolled her eyes before sighing deeply as they walked down the hallway to be vip room of the patient she wasn't much pleased with, Jong Sae-jin, as Sehun was discharged the day he came but the latter had a fracture in his leg or he just didn't want to be discharged so had been occupying the vip room for three days, and both Si-woo and Inha were in charge for checking up on him today as the orders were from the head since his deceased father happened to donate in the hospital. 

 

The moment they had reached the room, the door was already opened as they exchanged a confused look to open it and found Nurse. Kim taking the medicine in her hands while Jong Sae-jin was looking at her in a way Inha found it odd, odd in a way of disgust until she found his hand brushing towards her, to her waist leaving Inha to panic as she glanced at Si-woo with a gesture of something he understood well enough while Inha was quick to walk to the bed, and grabbed his wrist in a twist. 

 

The man groaned loudly. "What the hell?!" 

 

Nurse. Kim was startled as she jumped back with a surprised look toward them while Inha kept her strong grasp on his twisted hand as she spoke up. "Dr. Kang, you recorded the video, right?" 

 

Si-woo nodded, walking in as he fished back his phone in his pocket, and the lying man on the bed stared at them with a nervous look. "What video?!" 

 

"How you were harassing our hospital's nurse." Inha stated, her eyes glaring at him as she put a bit more pressure on his twisted hand making him groan loudly. "Let go, it hurts!" 

 

"Be glad you're in the hospital or your hand would've been dislocated by now." 

 

The next moment, Inha let it go to hold Nurse. Kim's hand, who seemed to be shaking before Si-woo stepped ahead. "We have checked up on you as we were ordered, and you seem to be alright, so we'll take our leave." 

 

"Delete that video." 

 

"Apologize to her." Inha pointed towards the nurse, and he scoffed. "Who do you think you are ordering me around? Don't you know who I am?!" 

 

"Of course I know." Inha nodded. "And everyone will know who you are after watching your real face on social media." 

 

"You're going to lose your job." 

 

Inha's heart thud with anxiousness knowing that he could do it, and she felt like she was back again to that point when the unfairness happened to her years ago but she chose to not to fight against it to endure it for her family and it was happening again with a choice of protecting her dream yet it felt like she wouldn't be able to meet her own eyes if she took a step back now, her dream came with a responsibility and this moment felt just like it. 

 

Her head held high as she stared at him with confidence. "Go ahead," She paused, pointing toward Si-woo. "And I'll just post this filthy action of yours to the world." 

 

Yeah, she wouldn't step back again. 

 

The next thing they found was leaving the room with Jong Sae-jin's threats of screams until the door was closed, until Inha had let out a deep breath, until Nurse. Kim had lost her will to stand as she almost fell down but Si-woo and Inha were quick to hold her back. 

 

Inha held her shoulders. "You must have been scared," She patted her back the next second. "Did he do this before?" 

 

Her head shook. "No, but he kept looking at me strangely."

 

"That's why I asked you to tell me if something like this happens." Inha stared at her with a guilty look and the latter sighed. "What's the point?" 

 

"What?" 

 

"Even if I had told you, that man comes from a high family and he could have done anything including firing me from my job and I couldn't afford it, Dr. Baek, I have a family to take care of." 

 

Inha felt it right there. 

 

She had been at that exact point where her family was her priority to the point she chose to neglect the unfair and shameful action of the person, and the place she worked into so she could understand it but not now, because being careful with the world comes with a price of neglecting the unfairness of people, she had survived through it, she still was surviving through it but not now. 

 

She had done enough survival; being too much careful gives you nothing but sorts of guilts and regrets and she was tired of it. 

 

"We still have the video, if you want, we can do it now." 

 

"No." Nurse. Kim shook her head. "This will just blow up and I'll be criticized for no reason and I don't want to indulge myself with that dangerous man." 

 

Si-woo frowned. "Dangerous man?" 

 

She looked around before pulling Inha further away from the room where Si-woo tailed behind them with a confused look as she began to speak in a rather hushed tone. 

 

"Since Mr. Jong has been admitted to the hospital, everyone's been talking about him about how he treats his employees harshly and every place he's been is almost because of his father since he was a politician. And this driving accident isn't his first because there had been lots of cases regarding him since years because of his drunk-driving and this accident happened because he was drunk, and apparently he had the exact same accident some years ago when he was a high schooler but his father was a politician so he was left free."

 

She sighed. "Think about it, Dr. Baek, how much danger would I be in if I take any sort of action against him? I'm really grateful for your help but I don't want to stretch it further." 

 

Inha was silent throughout the whole time as the gossip surely was just a gossip but something was clicking on her mind and she wasn't sure if she should think about it or just let it be yet her mind was frozen there. 

 

"It's alright, we won't pressure you, but if you change your mind, let us know and don't worry, he won't do anything as long as we have his video." 

 

Si-woo assured Nurse. Kim as she nodded before looking at Inha to find her still lost in a trance. "Dr. Baek." 

 

"Yeah?" She snapped out, and wrapped her arm around her shoulder as she walked alongside. "I heard you, and again I'm saying this, if you want it to happen then we'll do it and you will have me with you," She paused, with a proud smile. "And my best friend is a lawyer so you can be rest assured about it." 

 

"I will, thank you." 

 

"You both are leaving me behind." 

 

"Women are talking right now." 

 

Inha uttered, leaving them both with a chuckle as they walked down the hallway like usual with their talks but somehow, somewhere, Inha couldn't stop it. 

 

Her subconscious mind kept thinking about it; the politician father, his high-schooler son, and the drunk-driving accident years ago. 

 

It felt too precise and coincidental to not to think it over; the tragic past that happened in the past of the squad. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

____________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

9:01 pm 

 

 

The dawn had already greeted the dusk by now but with the dusk, came a flow of drizzling rain behind, with the thunder and lightning and the car was pulled over by the building where Si-woo glanced at Inha beside him to find her in a lost trance; he had been seeing from a few hours ago after that one talk with Nurse. Kim, and he was confused if the incident happened had her lost, or if there was any other reason. 

 

But he couldn't ask since she didn't look like she'd talk, and she didn't seem like she could drive at this point so he had offered her a ride to which she didn't refuse either. 

 

"Inha." 

 

She sat still for a moment to snap out as she looked at him confusingly. "Have we arrived?" 

 

"Yeah." 

 

"Oh, thank you, Si-woo." She smiled, a little one of gratitude as she attempted to open the door but was stopped by him. "Take the umbrella, it's raining heavily." 

 

"It's fine, I'll just run a bit and drive safe." 

 

The next moment, Si-woo found her getting off the car to watch her figure running in a quick pace with her hand above her head as if it could save her from drenching to sigh deeply as he was concerned about her odd behavior and just hoped for her to talk it out with someone; someone who can be her ears to listen to and it wasn't him. 

 

Inha walked down the lobby of the building in her almost whole drenched self; her black denim jacket to be precise along with her ponytail hair in a damp as she continued to walk to the elevator behind the little chills as her arms crossed to herself in reflex unconsciously yet in a lost trance but that unconsciousness was seen by the person who stood right beside her but unable to converse. 

 

The empty elevator welcomed them as a few people got on along with them as Inha felt a presence standing still as if waiting for her to walk to which she did, as the person behind her had followed suit as she felt them walked past her and as she was about to take a side to stand, someone was in a hurry to get on and Inha was ended up being pushed ahead by her back causing her to yelp as she snapped out with a gasp of holding onto something and a pair of hands had hold on to her; safe. 

 

Her head tilted up with her rounded eyes to meet the exact surprised yet confused ones but so familiar to not to recognize even though it was covered by the mask and cap as somewhat a relief had washed over her as their eyes bored for a moment with his hands still holding either side of her shoulders while her hands were holding his black leather jacket in a handful by the front of it. 

 

The person behind them had apologized with Inha nodding it off as the next second, he had made her stand beside him against the handrail while the people were standing ahead of them conversing among themselves as being the neighbors in the building except the two people in the back. 

 

There was a silence between them; a kind of silence wanting to be broken but not here, the place didn't seem to be their most liking one. 

 

Yet, Sehun couldn't help but steal glances at her; looking at her drenched self in a lost trance and a concern evoked in his system not that it ever left but this one was kind of like an immense one, not being able to hold back to know about it as he leaned back against the handrail with his hands either side, unconsciously behind her back and his system flinched a bit the moment she leaned against his arm for her comfort. 

 

Yet, he stood still; he couldn't move, for her comfort. 

 

The people slowly left for their homes but they were still there; waiting for their homes but it was just there. 

 

The moment the elevator door opened, he waited for her to walk out, which she did after a few seconds as he followed her on the way to their places. 

 

"Inha." 

 

She stopped, immediately and turned around to find him walking to her as he stood just in front of her as her lips parted to speak only to close it at his sudden action of leaning the back of his fingers against her forehead, over her damp bangs as Inha stared at him with a thud of her warming heart to meet his frowning eyes looking back at her. 

 

"You're not having a fever." He concluded, after pulling his mask down and Inha nodded; not moving his hand. "Of course." 

 

"Then, why are you roaming around without a soul?" He questioned, in a way Inha had to shake her head; his unique ways of questioning her never ceased to surprise her as she huffed. "I'm just tired." 

 

His head tilted in a suspicious stare. "That's it?" 

 

Inha hummed. "That's it." 

 

She couldn't bring herself to talk about something she had just heard about, or believe something that was based on rumors that had gotten to her head excessively because the things matched too well but she couldn't worry her friends over something over it so she should just deal with it on her own. 

 

"Goodnight, celeb." 

 

Inha waved at him with a deep sigh before turning around to have a coffee and a battle of over-thinking the entire night but the man behind her had something else in mind, and maybe because he knew what the woman in front of him was going to do and he couldn't let that happen on his watch. 

 

The moment Inha took a step forward, a pull on her strap of the purse around her shoulder was pulled in a way it slid off but with a quick reflex of her defense mood, she had held on to it tightly to look at him surprised. 

 

Sehun gave her an impressive look. "Relieved to see your defensiveness even in your lost self." 

 

"What are you doing?" Inha's grasp loosened, as her defensive mood couldn't be used with him; never, as the next minute, he was holding her purse with a tilt of a nod towards his unit with a soft grin. "Let's blow away our tiredness." 

 

Inha sighed, exhausted. "Oh Sehun." 

 

"Baek Inha." He uttered back, and she raised her eyebrows. "Listen-"

 

"Tell me." 

 

"Yah!" 

 

"Shush, I'm a celebrity, doc-lady." 

 

Inha's eyes squinted at those familiar words. "As if you're acting like one." 

 

"So, come over." He tilted his head with a knowing look. "Something might blow away your tiredness inside." 

 

"What's that?" 

 

"Find out yourself, am I your patient to order around?" 

 

"Three days ago you were." 

 

"And now I'm not." 

 

He gave her a smile before walking away and Inha looked up with a deep breath to follow him as if no one could fight against his stubbornness and perhaps, Inha really needed to have a talk or someone to listen to her and he happened to understand it right away like how he used to do and it seeped a warmth in her heart. 

 

Something she didn't want to feel again but somehow she couldn't ignore it again. 

 

Soon enough, she found him pressing his password without hiding it from her sight as Inha looked at him confusingly. "Do you want me to see your password?" 

 

He chuckled. "You'd intrude on my place?" 

 

"No." 

 

"Why not?" 

 

Her arms crossed to herself. "What's in there for me to intrude?" 

 

"Something you can't resist." He stated, with a knowing smile, while Inha stared at him for a moment. "Like?" 

 

"Like," 

 

He trailed off, opening the door as he gestured to her to enter with Inha staring at him with a contemplating look of a sudden nervousness in her system yet it seemed like she could get inside without any doubts because with him, any kind of doubts never crossed her mind. 

 

The moment Inha had walked in, her eyes had greeted the darkness of his apartment except the dim entrance as her steps continued along with his merging with hers behind her but her steps halted the moment she watched a sight; a sight of city lights ahead of her greeting her like a brightness through the glass window as her lips parted to just stare at the sight behind a wave of giddiness erupting in her chest. 

 

"Damn." 

 

The sight never seemed so beautiful before. 

 

And this was the word left behind a whisper of amazement as her lips graced in a subtle curve along with her eyes sparkling in a glow to which she was unknown to but the man beside her was known to; his eyes seemed to be only staring at her sparkling self behind his glow of eyes, and a soft smile. 

 

And she still looked beautiful as ever.

 

Damn. 

 

"Bloody hell!" 

 

He flinched at her sudden cursing words to watch her walking to the window and he sighed; so her. 

 

"How do you have this view but I have only cars and a theme park lined up?!" She exclaimed, or say grumbled before he heard nothing but silence from her as his head tilted with an expectant expression and flinched by her calm tone. "Yah, Oh Sehun." 

 

"What?" 

 

"Do you," She trailed off, turning around to him with a serious expression. "Do you want to trade your place with me? I'll pay you triple." 

 

He sighed; a sigh of disbelief yet a sigh of something he expected from her. "Are you really that rich?" 

 

"I have a rich best friend." 

 

"He's stingy." 

 

"That's not the point." 

 

"No, thanks." 

 

"Why?!" 

 

Inha's lips puckered, as she watched him changing his feet into his slippers before turning on the lights where Inha roamed her eyes around the place to see a combination of white with black and gray of an interior while the bright of city lights gave a sense of beautiful scenery to complete the place. 

 

The place seemed so like him; for him. 

 

And she felt a warmth from it like it was her own because she loved how her eyes could see the spark through it; like how she always liked it. 

 

And perhaps, it was always hers to own this warmth, be it place or the person. 

 

"Wear this." 

 

She flinched as she found his figure bending over to see a pair of slippers for her and a gasp left her lips to realize that she just entered his place in her dirty sneakers as she gave him an apologetic look and as if he understood, he smiled it off before walking away. "Take off your jacket, you might catch a cold." 

 

Inha nodded, as she took it off revealing her tucked-in white shirt which, fortunately, was dry like her pants because of her passionate jog yet she couldn't help but notice his gray shirt which was hidden earlier by his leather jacket with his mask cap taken off, before walking to him in the kitchen after putting on the slippers while the sneakers were in her hands. "Where is the mop? I'll clean it up." 

 

He stared at her knowing her stubborn nature of not backing down and pointed towards the closest nearby the front door and Inha nodded, leaving her jacket on the armchair of the dining table like his was on the opposite of it and placed her sneakers on the doormat beside his' before she was already on the task of cleaning the mess she had caused. 

 

It was strange but the thing that had been disrupting her head was forgotten from the moment she had been here; in his place, with him. 

 

"Take this." 

 

He uttered, the second Inha had put back the mop back on its place as she turned around only to smack his arm by her damp ponytail as he winced. "It hurts!" 

 

"Oh, sorry, why were you behind me?" She asked, and he narrowed his eyes before pointing at the towel in his hands. "Always ungrateful." 

 

"Always clumsy." 

 

"Take it or get it." 

 

Inha gave him a look. "Both are the same." 

 

He rolled his eyes. "Whatever." 

 

Inha huffed, and immediately slid off her ponytail as her hair were on her shoulder to which she ruffling through it with her fingers not noticing the man standing in front of her was left frozen; his eyes staring at her in a trance of struck by mesmerize as his heart thud behind his chest causing his grip on the towel to tighten unconsciously. 

 

The sight was nothing new yet it felt like he wouldn't be able to take his eyes off her. 

 

There went his holding back his affection in the pit of his depth where it had risen from; profound. 

 

Inha noticed his lost stare on her and a seep of warmth rushed through her as she looked at him for a moment to clear and he snapped out, looking away making her do the same as both of them went silent for a minute until he had placed the towel over her head again. 

 

"Dry yourself." 

 

"Yah, Oh Sehun!" 

 

Inha pulled down the towel to see him disappearing in the kitchen as she stood still, feeling the rapid hammer of her heart with a pleasant, and the displease was her subconscious mind holding her back from feeling the pleasant in her heart. 

 

Yet, her mind couldn't shaken away the way his eyes were; a glint of softness and too familiar to be forgotten. 

 

Yet, too familiar to be held on to at the moment. 

 

"You didn't drive, right?" 

 

He heard her behind him and a chuckle left his lips as he had been hearing this question for the third time in a row from the past three days after his discharge as he nodded. "Of course, doc-lady lives right across from me, I wouldn't want to be grabbed by collar again." 

 

Inha's lips curved in a smile at the memory of it. "As you shouldn't. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter