Six

Unforgettable Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

❝Family And Homely❞

 

∞ 

 

7:14 pm

 

 

"Can we get this before next month?" 

 

Jinsoo questioned, standing by the counter with an expectant expression toward the tailor stood behind the counter who was still looking through the sketches in the book which he handed him a while ago, where the designs for the festival costumes were sketched by Jinsoo and currently was requesting to the tailor to make the clothes before the next month's hits. 

 

The old-aged tailor hummed, his round glasses almost dropping off his nose as he averted his gaze up to lock with Jinsoo's puppy ones to nod. "Okay, you'll get it before next month." 

 

A beaming smile curved Jinsoo's lips. "Thank you, Uncle!" 

 

Dynasty Bespoke Tailor Shop. 

 

It was located in the streets of Itaewon, and Jinsoo always has been coming here after the one introduction to the tailor from his grandfather who has been his friend for years, and so it made easy for Jinsoo to get his work done but the sole reason for his arrival was the way his clothes were always stitched amazingly which was enough for him to visit more as he himself had a good eye for the best fashion around. 

 

However, he wasn't alone at the moment, as he tilted his head towards the entrance door to find the trio of his best friends standing with a patient expression where he shot them his ever known happy grin of he had succeeded and the trio couldn't help but show him a thumbs up back with a satisfied nod. 

 

"Then, I'll visit later." 

 

Jinsoo bowed to him with a smile as the latter nodded, reciprocating his actions to find him walking away with the trio with a smile. 

 

The moment the squad of four had walked down the crowded street, and since it was weekend, the crowd was even more rushed than expected yet a wave of excitement ran through them as the place Itaewon has been known to be one of the most popular night life of Seoul and the squad had the urge to enjoy the time they had right now in this place. 

 

"Should we hang out a bit before we go home?" 

 

Inha suggested, her open hair brushing her shoulders with a soft flutter as she fixed the strap of her side bag which stopped just by her hip over the white tucked in shirt under the ripped denim jeans while her eyes twinkled at the sight of the street to glance at her friends. "Hm?" 

 

"As if you're going to stop after our no." Sehun said, a playful smirk curling his lips as he tilted his head towards Inha and the latter stared at him with her squinted eyes, to notice how his casual denim button down and jeans attire didn't look so casual on him, but that wasn't the point at the moment. "Just say you're glad that I suggested something really good." 

 

"Point." Yoojung nodded, pulling her leather jacket close. "I think we should roam around a bit before catching the bus." 

 

"Well, we still have time to catch it so, why not." Jinsoo said, agreeing with them, shoving his hands into his black pants while feeling a bit warm under the black oversized hoodie of his yet felt content about his outfit as he beamed afterwards. "Let's go!" 

 

The four of them began to walk down the street with their casual chatters, or discussing about the lights over them which had illuminated the whole area like a beautiful scenery until they were standing by the stalls which sell the street food and everyone demanded Sehun to treat them since he has joined the swimming club after the hectic insists of theirs while Sehun had agreed with a playful roll of his eyes. 

 

While doing so, Inha had taken some pictures of theirs, or around the area, or the way Sehun and Yoojung were huffing by having too much spicy or how both of them had shoved a spicy chilly in Jinsoo's mouth who was laughing his heart out at them but was dancing on his feet because of the spiciness yet they didn't leave Inha behind as now the four of them were huffing together but still laughed at the same time after realizing their clumsiness. 

 

As they were walking down, Inha spotted a bar to which she looked at the trio with an expectant expression only to find them disagreeing as they had walked away leaving her behind only for them to run as she was chasing them to come with her. 

 

"Oh, come on!" 

 

They continued to do their roaming task, and enjoyed every bit of it before stopping by a photo booth which was big enough for the four of them to fit as they stood inside with a black background as Sehun and Jinsoo had bend their legs for the two females behind to be seen since they were taller than the two of them where Jinsoo set the timer but Inha had accidentally hit his shoulder by her elbow which had him whine with his head tilted down which led Sehun to stumble by his shoulder leading Inha and Yoojung to gasp. 

 

However, the moment was captured behind the camera. 

 

And before they could have posed for another one, four of them were still busy laughing at the clumsiness of theirs which was captured again without their acknowledgment. 

 

At last, four of them posed with a peace sign together, their lips smiling in the direction of the camera, until the picture was taken. A few more of it, which had Jinsoo squishing Sehun's cheeks leading him to frown with a pull on his hair back while Inha and Yoojung had hugged each other with their beaming smile. 

 

Several weird poses and they were done but however they did, the moment was amazing than they had expected and the moments they had lived beautifully as ever. 

 

"Okay, so let's make it more fun." Jinsoo grinned, devilishly as he looked at Inha. "I'm giving you a dare, goofball." 

 

"I didn't choose though." 

 

"It's just a dare game." 

 

"Okay?" 

 

"So, go in that direction," He trailed off, pointing at the corner where a new street was starting before looking at Inha. "The first person walking out from that street, you have to get their number." 

 

Inha glared at him before punching his arm. "You think I'm that kind of girl? Getting numbers and all!" 

 

"It's just a dare, idiot," He pouted, rubbing his arm. "And do you think that a person would give you a number?" 

 

Inha raised her eyebrows with a look. "Oh, really?" 

 

"Really." 

 

"Then, watch me." 

 

Inha tilted her chin up with a confident look where Jinsoo nodded, which Sehun and Yoojung just stared at her figure walking away to the direction with an anticipation of the outcome as Inha stood there by the corner to find a young man walking out of the street, a handsome one indeed as Inha was blank for a moment. 

 

"Excuse me?" 

 

The man turned to her confusingly where Inha slightly bowed at him while thinking of the way to complete her dare as she didn't want to appear too bold, nor she knew how to do it and a sigh left her lips as she smiled at him politely. "Can I ask you for a favor, please?" 

 

The young man stared at her for a moment to nod. "Sure, what is it?" 

 

"Actually, my friends gave me a dare to ask your number," She trailed off, feeling nervous yet awkward by her words as the latter had his forehead creased, as if not believing her which had her roll her eyes internally to immediately point toward her friends. "Can you see them?" 

 

However, there was no one. 

 

Inha widened her eyes to find the glimpse of Jinsoo's back hidden behind the pole by the street which had her glare at him as the trio was laughing among themselves where Inha was quick to excuse herself before the young man could have said anything to jog towards them only for them to run ahead with her chasing them. 

 

They crossed the road toward the subway while running where the people around them were watching the scene with an amusement until the squad had entered the bus to take their places as they sat still, panting and taking time to steady their breathes until the four of them glanced at each other for a few seconds before bursting out laughing the next second. 

 

The people in the bus had turned to give them a look which had stopped them but the trembling of their shoulders had given them the confirmation that they were still laughing, still living in the moment of theirs, the moment which was engraving in their hearts like a blissful memory. 

 

It was 9 in the evening, and the four of them were seated in the last row of the seat of the bus which they had taken from the subway station to their homes with Yoojung and Jinsoo who were dozing off after the tiredness, the tiredness which had engulfed them like a pleasant feeling, as Yoojung's head was on Inha's shoulder while Jinsoo's was on Yoojung's who was by the window seat. 

 

Sehun and Inha were seated together, their shoulders in a gentle contact, silent and getting reminded of the moments they had a while ago where a chuckle left his lips as he ran his hand through his hair with a gentle brush while his eyes watching the view from the window by his side as he got reminded of how he had so much fun after a long time, and he was having all of it, experiencing all of it because of them. 

 

In fact, all with them. 

 

Inha who had her head leaned against Yoojung's as her eyes almost closed by the sudden drowsiness but stopped the second she got a glimpse of Sehun's engrossed self in his own world of his smiling self. 

 

A smile curved on her lips. "You know you should smile more often." 

 

"Huh?" Sehun met her soft eyes with a confused look. "I was smiling?" 

 

"Yeah," Her head bobbed slowly, her lips still holding the soft grin. "And you should keep doing that often." 

 

Sehun bit his lip, as his head tilted down for a moment, his palm resting on his thigh, "Well, I didn’t have many reasons to smile often but," He met her eyes again, their faces in a safe distance but still close enough to recognize the softness behind his eyes. "I have them now." 

 

A silence had followed between them, their eyes boring into each other's with an intent gaze, his gaze held a gratefulness which Inha could decipher but couldn't put words through it, as if it wasn't necessary to put it but just feel it. 

 

"More because of how you didn't get the guy's number." He stated, a playful grin playing on his lips and Inha's jaw dropped. "Excuse me? I almost got it if you three hadn't run away like little squirrels." 

 

"Squirrels." He snickered. "Better than gummy bear." 

 

"I'm not a gummy bear." Inha argued, her eyes rounding at him with a stern look which only had him chuckle back. "Sure." 

 

"Yah, I'm not." 

 

"Okay." 

 

"Shut up, Oh Sehun." 

 

"Okay, Baek Inha." 

 

Both of them stared at each other surprised for a moment at their awfully flow of rhythm to chuckle together. 

 

A moment surely had happened here as well, something which was buried in their hearts unknowingly. 

 

Not long before, the squad of four was walking down the path to the trio's neighborhood where Sehun had insisted to go home from there but they had stopped him to have a delicious dinner by Inha's father's restaurant since he still hasn't been there yet, and again, Sehun was left with no room of refusal. 

 

However, the moment they had walked into their neighborhood, the restaurant located in the beginning of the street was been crowded by the other neighbors outside, whispering among themselves while looking at the restaurant which had a sign of closed, something which was enough for the squad to sense an oddness. 

 

A wave of panic yet worry erupted in Inha's heart as she was quick to jog towards the restaurant with the trio speeding up to her pace with the exact emotion until Inha stopped to find her father talking to Minho but what caught her sight was his bandaged hand. 

 

"Dad!" 

 

Daewon looked in the direction to find his daughter running to her as Inha was quick to grab his hand gently yet her lips were trembling at the sight, something which was enough to break him inside but could see his daughter was feeling the same way. 

 

"What happened? How did this happen? Are you okay? How did you get hurt?" Inha questioned, her heart welling up at the injured hand of her dad which had gotten blurry as her tears had rolled down her cheeks but before it could have reached down her chin, a rough yet warm hand had wiped them away as Daewon stared at his warm-hearted daughter with softened eyes. "I'm alright, bubble. Why are you crying?" 

 

Sehun, Jinsoo and Yoojung stood still, watching the father and daughter having their moment along with Minho but with a patient yet with an empathy to stay silent behind them. 

 

Inha sniffled, her bloodshot eyes looking at his tired eyes which could be seen as how hard he's been trying to hold himself back from weeping at the moment which just broke Inha's heart even more as she reached out, dusting off the dirt from his shoulder gently.

 

"Then, why do you look like this? And what has happened?" She averted her gaze to the sign of the restaurant with a sniffle as she looked at him again where Jinsoo asked from behind her. "Why is everyone here like this? And why is the restaurant suddenly closed, Uncle?" 

 

"Actually," Minho spoke, taking the squad's attention as he let out a dejected sigh. "The kitchen got in a fire a while ago." 

 

Inha's eyes widened. "What?" 

 

"How?" Sehun questioned, and Yoojung gasped. "How's everyone?" 

 

"Uncle was in the kitchen, so he was fast to make everyone leave and tried to put out the fire but the chefs didn't leave him alone so they got injured and are in a hospital but thankfully, no one is hurt too badly." He explained, as he exchanged an understanding look with Daewon while the four of the kids were still adapting to the information which had hit them like a shock. 

 

Inha was quick to wrap her arms around Daewon's shoulders while sniffling as she was just so glad to see him alright in front of her while feeling him caressing her head which had her sigh in relief, as upon hearing the information had her heart sink with a thoughts of losing him, something she does not want to, something she dreads to even imagine so hearing it all had scared her as at the moment, she was thankful for him being alright. 

 

"Where is mom?" 

 

"She's inside with everyone." 

 

By everyone he meant the closest families of their neighbors, Jinsoo's and Yoojung's family as they had stepped inside the restaurant to find the dining area scattered with some tables and chairs around, as if telling how people would have ran for their lives where Jinsoo's grandfather was seated on of the table, having a chat with Yoojung's grandmother while Ji-Hye and Jinsoo's mother were setting up the chairs. 

 

Yoojung and Jinsoo's heart sank the minute they stood in the kitchen, seeing it in a whole walls of black, things scattered around on the floor and the counter, and they could still feel the smell of burning along the faint smoke around before they made an eye contact with each other, an empathy was shared between them but more were worried and felt saddened for Inha's parents and Inha who was standing behind them with Sehun. 

 

She was still looking around, her eyes blank at the moment yet could feel a wave of displeasing throb piercing her heart at the dreading sight, as her hand reached out, pressed her earlobe lightly something she does whenever she wants to stop her sobbing self and currently, she couldn't cry in front of them; not in front of her parents who were already worried right now. 

 

Her head tilted down, as she gulped the lump harshly where Sehun tilted his head towards Inha, his eyes staring at her with a glint of worry as the sight in front of him had feel dejected, so he wasn't sure if the person beside him was feeling any less than that yet he couldn't bring himself to ask her as he stood still, his eyes still on her yet silent. 

 

Four of them had hovered around the family to help them out with the other things where Inha had found her parents walking back to the kitchen which had her confused to follow suit as she was about to step inside but stopped when she heard him conversing. 

 

"Are you okay?" 

 

Ji-Hye asked, placing a hand on Daewon's shoulder with a saddened expression and the latter let out a deep sigh. "I don't know. The fire has been put out but it has ruined the whole kitchen and the staff too, I have to do something to renovate the place but it'll cost a lot more than our budget, and I don't know where I'd arrange staff from at this point." 

 

"Can't we close it for a few days till the condition is better?" 

 

"No, if it stays closed for too long then the restaurant would go in a loss and I don't want it, this restaurant's been a huge part of my life, I can't just close it like this." 

 

Ji-Hye placed her head on his shoulder while hugging his waist from behind. "It's okay, we'll sort this out together." 

 

"I hope so." 

 

Inha was still standing there, listening to their conversation and the way they sounded so down was already enough for Inha to feel the unpleasant feeling in her heart, enough for her heart to well up as her eyes teared up again but before she could have sobbed loudly, she was quick to walk away to outside as she stood against the wall beside the restaurant where her sobs had erupted slowly while her heart bursting with a throbbing pierce. 

 

At that moment, Sehun had got a call from his mom to which he had walked out to attend it as he had immediately told her the situation here to assure her that he'd be home safely in a few minutes. 

 

The moment he had hung up, the sound of muffled sobs had went through his ears, and instinctively, he had followed only to halt his steps just a bit away from where Inha was crouched down against the wall, her head buried in her folded arms hugging her legs to her chest with her shoulders shaking by the huge impact of her crying self. 

 

Sehun stood there, a wave of uneasiness ran through him along with an unknown feeling of displease to find her sobbing like that, as he had taken a step toward her only to stop the moment he realized that how hard she was trying to hide her vulnerable self from her family and friends, that she wouldn't like it for him to see her at her low self, and that he wasn't a pro at comforting people to ruin it even more by getting close to her right now. 

 

However, the realization of those things had hit him like an unpleasant emotion, suddenly it felt displeasing for not being able to do it, something which was a first time for him yet mattered to him all of a sudden. 

 

Swallowing harshly, he took a few steps back with a frustrated feeling to immediately walk inside before standing by Yoojung who was talking to her grandmother as he tapped her shoulder. "Yoojung." 

 

She turned to him with a confused look. "Huh?" 

 

"Inha," He uttered, biting his lip with a serious expression before pointing his thumb over his shoulder toward the outside. "She needs you." 

 

Yoojung blinked a couple of times, immediately understanding his words and the glint of worry behind his eyes as her eyes twitched in a worry and she walked past him outside with an anxious feeling where the sight broke her heart as she sat beside her. 

 

"Inha." 

 

Inha raised her head up, greeting Yoojung with her blurry yet bloodshot eyes which widened at her sudden presence, to reach out wiping her cheeks which had stained her tears as she sniffled. "Oh, Is everything okay inside?" 

 

Yoojung stared at her with a torn look. "You need to be okay to worry about others." 

 

"I'm okay." Inha voiced out, her tone cracking at her own words as she reached out, pressing her earlobe unconsciously to stop herself from crying but Yoojung was quick to get off her hold with her glaring eyes. "I have told you multiple times to not to do that, if you want to cry just cry it out and I'm here so you can do that, Inha." 

 

Inha sensed how Yoojung's voice went audibly soft at the end, and it was enough for her to have her heart to well up again, her chest tightening as her eyes teared up to burst out in a huge sob while Yoojung was quick to pull her in a warm hug with her eyes tearing up by just listening to her cries. 

 

"Dad and mom are so…" Inha sniffled, before letting out a sob. "They're so worried about the restaurant getting closed, dad…" She stopped for a moment to take a deep breath while feeling Yoojung tightening her grip which made her continue. "Dad opened it with so much love and his hard work but if we close it then they will have to close it down and I want to help them but I can't do anything." 

 

Inha had poured all her feelings right there, still crying in Yoojung's embrace who was still holding her gently while patting her head on her shoulder with her teary eyes till she had calmed down. 

 

"Who says you can't do anything to help?" Yoojung stated, sniffing as she wiped her tears from the corner of her eyes. "You can give them strength by being by their side, you can help them out with the renovation and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter