Twenty-seven

Unforgettable Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

❝The Perfect Revelation❞

 

 

3:36 pm 

 

 

Grown up kids.

 

Ceo-guy - I MISS YOU. 

 

Celeb-boy - I'm right beside you. 

 

Ceo-guy - That wasn't for you, punk. 

 

Lawyer-mom - Aren't you both working right now? 

 

Doctor-woman - They are childish. 

 

Ceo-guy - And aren't you also busy doctor? Why are you texting? 

 

Celeb-boy - Why are you bullying my Inha? 

 

Lawyer-mom - Why the heck are you three so free right now when you have left for your work?! 

 

Doctor-woman - I'm taking a break! 

 

Celeb-boy - So am I! 

 

Ceo-guy - And I'm about to knock his breaking !

 

Doctor-woman - Don't you dare touch my celeb! 

 

Lawyer-mom - I'm blocking the three of you right now. 

 

 Yoojung shook her head at the messages; her friends, and her soon-to-be husband plus best friend were still the same, nothing, even their aged self could never be changed and a chuckle left her lips as she checked the notification of not blocking their numbers but Inha and Jinsoo had a chaos while Sehun was enjoying it by blowing more fire while Yoojung rolled her eyes; still the same grown up kids. 

 

Yet she adored them like her children; the mother of the squad she had been, and would be, always. 

 

"What's happening?" 

 

She heard her mother walking in the kitchen as Yoojung was learning another recipe with her mother helping her out as she had a day off from her work like her mother; something changed throughout the years as before her grandmother would be helping her with a thought of not having a warmth of her parents around her but things changed, changed in a way she didn't like but has been grateful for the change in her life. 

 

Yoojung smiled, shaking her head to tuck her hair up with a clip; her apron in a knot to cut the vegetables while her mother arranged the utensils. "You should have gone to Jeonju with Jinsoo and explored your day off a bit." 

 

"He's there for his work purpose, mom." 

 

"He would have been delighted to take you." 

 

And Yoojung had to smile; her adoring smile for her man. "I know, but I have been spending time with him a lot, so I thought why not spend some time with my parents and Jinsoo understands me more than I do, so he didn't pressure me about it." 

 

She met her mother's eyes glinting in a soft but guilty way as she sighed, pouring the oil in the pot. "I'm so glad you have Jinsoo by your side, as your best friend and as your life partner because he loves you, and treats you like you deserve because we couldn't treat you that way and we're still sorry for it." 

 

Yoojung's heart swelled, and she hugged her mother sideways with her head leaned against hers. "Don't be, I understand the reason before too, and now that I matured, and going through the same thing, I can relate to it too as why you left me with grandma because you both didn't want me to be left alone but have me loved because things that time weren't better but now it is, so let's live it together. "

 

"But you're going to get married." 

 

"I can still visit though, and Jinsoo wouldn't mind anyway." 

 

Her mother frowned. "Don't treat my son-in-law that way, be nice to him." 

 

Yoojung pouted. "What about me?" 

 

"You have me!" 

 

Both of them turned to find Yoojung's father walking in; he stood beside his wife with a smile. "You have got me, my kid." 

 

Yoojung nodded. "Dad is the best." 

 

"But are we having another disaster?" 

 

And the ladies had given the glare as Yoojung whined. "Dad!"

 

Yet his laughter echoed, emerging with her mother's and Yoojung had to laugh back with a grateful feeling in her heart for having the most precious people in her life and the other three were in the other city at the moment. 

 

Deokjin Park, Jeonju. 

 

Jinsoo looked up from his phone screen with a smile after Yoojung sent him a personal message of his reply with the same words but he knew their emotions were deeper than those words. 

 

His eyes looked ahead at the place of the bridge where Sehun was posing with the clothes he had designed for his autumn collection with a traditional touch, and he wanted a place to show the exact theme of it, and Jeonju city was the best city; a village with a cultural, and traditions. 

 

However, along with him and Sehun, Inha was also in the same city but different place at the moment, her doctor profession had led her here for a medical camp happening in the area of the villagers; she was busy to even have a hang out with them after the shoot is done that both of the buddies had decided since they hadn't been here before, but his lover self was missing Yoojung; he wanted her to be here for a good date, and a hang out of the squad but he also respected her will of wanting to spend some time with her parents as their marriage was in the corner now. 

 

And he would get her time for a lifetime now; his heart was in joy. 

 

"What's with your creepy smile?" 

 

Jinsoo snapped out, and glared at his best friend who chuckled in return to lean beside him against the railing of the bridge; his eyes taking a roam of the lotus field either side of them softly where Sehun's mind had thought of a sunflower field to get reminded of the human version of his sunflower. "Is there a place like this with sunflowers?" 

 

Jinsoo shrugged, somehow knowing his reason for the question. "I don't know." 

 

Sehun gave him a look. "I thought you were famous for visiting almost every place." 

 

Jinsoo rolled his eyes. "You're more famous than me," He trailed off, with a proud smile. "Especially after your tournament," He paused, looking around to take a glimpse of the cloudy sky above them with a breeze of autumn rustling in the field. "You were really good, Sehun-ah." 

 

Sehun smiled. "I know."

 

"Prick." 

 

"Punk." 

 

Both of them chuckled while looking around, the surrounding felt a bit calming at the moment to watch the crew planning out another scene for a good pose and Jinsoo's mind had crossed something else and he had asked him. "How are you going to handle your and goofball's relationship if it goes out?" 

 

"Mingyu said, the interview on your tournament has already whiffed people about your relationship and he had taken care of it but still, talks are must to have around." 

 

Sehun blinked at him, understanding his words as he his lips. "We had a talk about this and as much as it anxious me about the outcome of it, I think it'll be better than hiding it like we're doing something wrong," He trailed off, shoving his hands into his pockets to look up to the blue sky; the one that she told him it reminds her of him as his lips curved a soft smile. "And loving Inha never comes close to it." 

 

"I think it's more hectic sneaking around just because I want to have my personal life in private, but we aren't doing anything wrong, and I want to go around in the places with Inha without hiding what we have, and what are we, and if that moment comes when I have to hold her hand in front of everyone, I'd do it in an instant."

 

Jinsoo stared at him for a moment. "You have become a total lover boy." 

 

Sehun had to laugh. "I am a lover boy." 

 

"Is Inha okay with that?" 

 

"We're talking about Inha here, buddy." 

 

Jinsoo chuckled. "Right." 

 

The next thing they knew was the staff calling Sehun where Jinsoo immediately pretended to scold him for slacking off only to get pushed ahead as he almost fell off the railing and Sehun laughed, jogging ahead as Jinsoo chased him. 

 

Talk about their ages yet they act like a bunch of five years old kids; buddies for a reason. 

 

 

 

 

 

___________________

 

 

 

 

7:22 pm 

 

 

 

Jeonju Lime Hotel. 

 

Inha stood before the mirror of the hotel room she was staying in; her figure clad in a brown button-down dress ending above her knees with a touch of rolled-up sleeves and a thin black belt around her hips for a style and her hair tied in a ponytail accentuated with black sneakers; the opinion of Yoojung is a must for a dress up for her and Inha could always rely on her best friend. 

 

The medical camp organized in the village by both her hospital, and the one situated in Jeonju, Jeonbuk National University Hospital (JBNUH) was over the time they had welcomed the evening; the staff was back to get some rest, and was called for a staff dinner together being treated by the staff of the Jeonbuk hospital, though Inha didn't want to join in, as she wanted to join Jinsoo and Sehun who had been sending pictures of their little tour around the city that she wasn't able to do, to at least have a dinner with them but turns out, Jinsoo was also treating his staff in a restaurant; Hanomag. 

 

And left with no option because food is priority along with her man of a jerk's nagging of bubbling herself had her comply; woman was whipped for him was another thing. 

 

At the moment, her phone pinged with a message notification and her lips graced a smile to find a message from the one she had been thinking about with a picture that her smile widened to find a mirror selfie in a plain shirt from him with a message. 

 

Stubborn celeb - What's up, doc-lady? 

 

Inha bit her lips while looking towards the bathroom door where Nurse.Kim; Kim Eunhae was inside as both of them were sharing the room before opening the camera, and took a quick mirror selfie to send him a message.

 

Ceiling is up, celeb. 

 

"Dr. Baek, are you ready already?" 

 

Inha slightly flinched, to find Eunhae walking out in a casual pair of jeans and top with her hair open; she looked cute and Inha nodded, smiling. "I'll wait for you to get ready." 

 

"Thank you." 

 

Inha sat on her bed to find another message after being seen for a few minutes that had her smile about his blushing self at her unexpected throw at him before looking at his message had her roll her eyes. 

 

Stubborn celeb - Lame. 

 

Like you.

 

She sent him a rolling emoji, and he sent a message back with a smirk emoji.

 

Stubborn celeb - I'm pretty. 

 

So am I.

 

Inha sent him back the same emoji but his next message had her cheeks warm, and a blushy smile curling her lips. 

 

Stubborn celeb - Damn right, doc-lady

 

"Dr. Baek, are you perhaps dating?" 

 

Inha looked up at her to find her looking at her through the mirror as she was done putting makeup with a teasing smile on her lips and Inha tilted her head, trying to come oblivious, unaware of her rosy cheeks. "Why do you think so?" 

 

Eunhae shrugged. "No one has sent a bouquet for you before, and nowadays you look happy, and right now, you're glowing, it's a guess but if you want to refuse it, I won't ask again." 

 

Inha smiled at her being careful with her personal space and hummed with a fake pondering look. "Perhaps." 

 

She looked back with a smile. "I knew it." 

 

Inha just laughed, until the call of one of the seniors had them walk out of the room with linking arms. 

 

Hanomag. 

 

"We're dining here?" 

 

Inha questioned, looking at the name of the restaurant; the place was built up in a traditional house with the entrance stairs ahead of them to walk in but that wasn't her concern because Jinsoo was also taking his staff here as well but yet to arrive that she read in the group chat of theirs as something was telling her that something might happen inside if she doesn't let it concern her. 

 

"Have you made a reservation somewhere else?" 

 

Inha closed her eyes at the irritating voice to look at Dal-mi to find her smiling not so politely and Inha gave her the same smile. "Aren't you here for it though?" 

 

"A responsible doctor has to do it, Dr. Baek." 

 

"Exactly, only if you're one, Dr. Choi." 

 

Her eyes narrowed and Inha didn't back out until one of seniors had broke the ice to lead them inside and the moment they had stepped in, the restaurant was almost full but fortunate for them that their reservation for a group room was reserved on the time as the senior doctor from the other hospital almost led them inside but at the moment, a few people had stepped inside in a group. 

 

And Inha had already spotted Jinsoo ahead of his staff, as he met her eyes with a surprised look since he was unaware of her presence here where her eyes instinctively glanced behind him to find Sehun walking in and his rounded eyes met hers; Inha had blinked at his attired self in pair of black t-shirt, and black pants with a dark brown jacket while his hair on his forehead in a soft look and she couldn't help but blush at their twinning; his attempt of it. 

 

Damn, this man; her man. 

 

"Is that Oh Sehun?" 

 

Eunchae whispered, leaning closer to Inha who snapped out, as she nodded, but rounded her eyes at her next words. "You both are twinning, Dr. Baek, how lucky." 

 

Inha pressed her lips from smiling at her words to nod. "I guess." 

 

Jinsoo glanced at Sehun to Inha before approaching her with a quick greeting as her hospital members already knew about them being friends as he greeted them where they were surprise at the coincidence; their eyes not leaving Sehun as he exchanged a greeting with them too, not forgetting the time of his good stay in the hospital that included his admires and after a quick talk, it turned out that Jinsoo was recommended the restaurant by one of the staff who had been here and he had booked a room for them already. 

 

In the midst of the greeting and conversations, Sehun and Inha had exchanged their words through their eyes of him giving her a surprising look of her being here and she gave him a shrug as she was unaware of it as well followed by a look of how he had purposely matched his outfit with her and he had given his sass of a shrug; jerk, yet it left them with a secret little smiles of theirs. 

 

The next thing the two group had walked to the different rooms next to each other's where Inha and Sehun had met each other's eyes with a glance with him tucking his forefinger around hers in a soft, and quick tug as they walked past each other yet the sneaky gesture had them smile to themselves again. 

 

However, Jinsoo's booked room was full the moment his staff had gathered inside where one of the seniors from the hospital had insisted they dine with them since a few seats still remained empty. 

 

"Then, I'll trouble you with my presence." 

 

Jinsoo smiled, and patted Inha's back with a nod. "I'm glad to be dining with you, my friend." 

 

Inha gave him a flat stare; done with his acting now as she returned the smile with a threatening one while Sehun just stared at them silently to follow them to find the room had a long table with a head chair that had an open window behind and Inha walked in first with the staff, to grab a chair leaving the head chair and a vacant chair close to it, followed by him and Jinsoo who stood by the head chair. 

 

"May I sit here because I tend to feel hot while eating?" 

 

"Of course, you may, Mr. Woo." 

 

Choi Dal-mi gave him a polite nod about taking a chair beside him only to be stopped by Jinsoo again. "I hope you wouldn't mind if I make Sehun sit close to me," He trailed off, with a concerned look toward his buddy who was already giving him a done look as Jinsoo smiled. "I get worried for my friend a lot." 

 

She looked at Sehun who didn't even met her eyes to give Jinsoo a nod as she took a chair across from them, and Sehun had taken a place beside Inha who was eyeing Dal-mi sharply as she noticed the way she looked at Sehun; someone having a crush on, before looking at him to find him seated next to her as her eyes slightly rounded to look at Jinsoo who gave her a sly grin; this punk. 

 

Inha bit her lip and sit straight to feel him shifting his seated position to find him sneakily scooting his chair close to hers, leaving her to look down for a moment with a sigh with a rapid heartbeat at his actions to feel his elbow grazing hers on the armchair with a slight bump on her foot; this jerk, and she couldn't even meet his eyes at the moment to have him stop his sneaky actions. 

 

"Oh, are you here on work purposes too, Mr. Woo?" 

 

"Yes," Jinsoo nodded, leaning back with a smile before looking at Sehun. "I'm here with my best model, and friend to have a shoot for my upcoming collection." 

 

Sehun just chose to smile while Inha was seated blankly; unable to react at her best friend's antics, before Eunchae, seated beside her, had leaned forward enough to look at Sehun with a shy smile. "I watched your tournament, congratulations, Mr. Oh Sehun." 

 

Sehun had given her a head bow with a polite smile. "Thank you." 

 

Inha had smiled at her; the adorable admirer she could see at the moment but another voice had her scoff internally; Dal-mi, she smiled at Sehun again. "I heard about it too, but I was busy with my duty to watch it, anyway congratulations and it's nice to meet in person unlike the last time I couldn't greet you at the hospital, I'm Choi Dal-mi, it's nice to meet you." 

 

Sehun stared at her blankly; realizing the familiar name to give her a nod back. "Yes, nice to meet you." 

 

And the next second, he had felt a bump on his foot, knowing it was his woman beside him yet stayed nonchalant before Inha looked at Jinsoo with a frown to find him mouthing while sneakily pointing at Dal-mi; she's flirting with your man, and Inha mouthed him back a shut up with a glare. 

 

The next moment, a waiter had taken their order before the talks had begun again where Inha slightly leaned close to Nurse. Kim as she whispered. "I can't believe we're dining with Oh Sehun, and he talked to me, Dr. Baek." 

 

Inha smiled, leaning in to whisper back, "Why don't you try-" Her words swapped with a hitch of her breath like a thud of her heart as she felt a feathery trace of a finger on her thigh and her cheeks heated up knowing who it was until she heard Eunchae asking her. "Are you okay, Dr. Baek?" 

 

Inha breathed out. "Yeah." 

 

And the man beside her had a foolish grin of his as his head tilted down to feel her hand sneakily getting his hand off her only for him to thread her fingers through his to interlock their hands where Inha her lips pressed to prevent herself from smiling at the moment, but how should she hide the crimson shade warming her cheeks? 

 

Her jerk was going every extent of making her blush. 

 

"So, you're friends with Dr. Baek, right?" 

 

Her ears perked up back to the conversation happening and Jinsoo nodded, smiling as he looked at Inha then Sehun. "Actually, Sehun is also our friend from high school." 

 

"Oh, what a great coincidence!" 

 

"Dr. Baek, you didn't tell me that?" 

 

Inha chuckled, shrugging at Eunchae. "You never asked." 

 

"So," Dal-mi trailed off, taking everyone's attention as she looked at Sehun. "How was she during high school?" 

 

"Incredible." 

 

Sehun replied, almost immediately as he met Inha's eyes with a soft glint and she felt his thumb caressing her skin softly to look back at the woman neutrally. "She was like how every person wishes to be, positive and incredibly smart, even me." 

 

"Oh, how nice." 

 

She didn't mean it, but who cared because Inha's heart was gushing with a warming bliss as Sehun just leaned back nonchalantly like he just didn't compliment her in front of everyone where Jinsoo stared at them; the sudden tension and he sighed, because his lover being best friends were being obvious at the moment. 

 

"Oh goodness, they are matching clothes." 

 

One of the doctors had accidentally exclaimed, and shut their mouth but too late as it got everyone's attention to observe it with an amusement, leaving the sneaky couple to get nervous where Inha's fingers fiddled through his to feel his hand tightening until Jinsoo's sudden awfully fake laughter had eased the atmosphere till he blurted out his words. 

 

"Right, such a coincidence, one would think they are dating or something!" 

 

And zipped his mouth after realizing it but the staff laughed it off, along with Inha who smiled tightly with a sharp glance at Jinsoo while Sehun didn't give much reaction but Jinsoo found him pretending to scratch his forehead to mouth him a word; bastard, and he had to give him back his sheepish expression. 

 

His mind wasn't sane at the moment; probably missing Yoojung too much. 

 

"But how it can be," Dal-mi spoke up, taking everyone's attention yet again as she met Inha's eyes then looked at Sehun who seemed not so interested yet let her continue. "I heard you talked about your special one on the interview of your tournament," She looked at everyone with a smile to meet Inha's eyes with a not so polite smile. "Wouldn't it be a bit disrespectful for her to make a pair with someone else?" 

 

Inha scoffed, her head tilted. "And isn't it a bit shameful to talk behind someone's back?" 

 

"I was just stating a point." 

 

"Points should be pointed out that speak facts." 

 

Both of them had a sharp stare but Inha had felt his thumb caressing her skin to calm her down, though he was proud of how she didn't stay silent nor she ever does when it comes to defense herself; one of the reasons why he finds himself always falling in love with her. 

 

"But is that Lee Ah-Young?" 

 

Sehun sighed lightly; why is everyone suddenly questioning him? He should have just stuck to his plan of sneaking out with Inha later but Jinsoo's insistence had led him to the interrogation but the question had him worry, not about himself but Inha, who had a blank look and he didn't like how she had to hear someone else's name being next to him yet again and he knew she also wasn't much pleased about it; like the talk they had. 

 

"She's not," 

 

Sehun stated, affirmed as he looked at the man of the doctor who questioned in a confusion, "Lee Ah-Young is my good friend, but that's it, and about my special one," He trailed off, meeting the woman's eyes who had been trying to humiliate his woman in front of him. "My woman doesn't like it when she's being spoken about carelessly so I hope you wouldn't do it either." 

 

He placed his words politely yet in a calming but demanding tone that had the doctors to look at him for a moment blankly where Dal-mi had a pale look at it, she felt embarrassed to nod with a smile; she tried, before the atmosphere was normal by their order being served as it continued. 

 

Inha bit her lip to not to smile at the words of her man, the way he shut the woman, the way he stood up for her without even bragging about it, and she felt a rose of pride for him; oh how she was falling for him more, and more before her eyes sneakily glanced at him to find him meeting her eyes at the moment with a soft glint to look away. 

 

And Jinsoo was smiling at them like a proud father; Yoojung's mother trait had irked him now. 

 

"Dr. Baek, could you take this please?" 

 

Inha nodded, her one had taking a hold of the bowl of soup from Eunchae where her interlocked hand had softly grasped out of his hand but probably unexpected for him as his palm had found her thigh again in a way that a warmth rushed into her system to froze where Sehun had palmed his mouth to hide his smile before feeling her placing the bowl in front of him with a mumble. 

 

"Careful." 

 

He hummed lightly at her unchanging concern that warmed his heart. 

 

The next thing they had began to eat with a good atmosphere this time, Jinsoo having his chatty self among them to befriend a doctor right there where Inha could have done it as well but she wasn't much comfortable having a conversation with her staff, except Nurse. Kim, knowing how it had been from the beginning but she was getting there slowly while noticing how Jinsoo was having his ways of teasing Dal-mi since he had noticed her behavior with Inha, Sehun didn't pry much yet was enjoying, leaving Inha with a heaved sigh, though she liked it as well. 

 

Best friends for every reason. 

 

The time struck ten, and they had walked out of rooms to exit the restaurant, Jinsoo's staff ahead along with him, and Sehun where Inha was walking alongside Eunchae who couldn't stop praise Sehun of how he talked for his special one, and how lucky she was but how would Inha tell her that she was his special one, and indeed, the lucky one. 

 

"Jinsoo," 

 

Sehun called him, and Jinsoo looked at him to find him looking back at the entrance of the restaurant where they had walked out from while Inha's figure was yet to be in his sight but Jinsoo sighed. "You are making it obvious now." 

 

"And you didn't?" 

 

Sehun gave him a look, reminding him of how he almost blurted out things inside where the latter blinked to smile. "My bad." 

 

"Give me your car keys?" 

 

"And where are you going?" 

 

Sehun heard Chang-ho behind him to sigh. "Let me take a break from the questions for tonight," He trailed off, as Jinsoo handed him the keys and Sehun gave his manager an assuring look. "I'll be fine, hyung." 

 

He glanced at the entrance to find Inha standing on the steps of the restaurant as the other had already walked out but she stood there with a bothered look, and he frowned to follow her gaze to her sneakers to find her shoelace undone as she attempted to crouched down only for her purse to fall off as she huffed, and he didn't like it; her struggling alone where he can help but has to watch her struggling alone. 

 

He hated this. 

 

And what kind of man would watch his woman struggling alone? He would never. 

 

Inha held her strap to almost turn around to place her foot on the first step to tie her shoelace since her dress was short to crouch down uncomfortably but before she could have done it, a familiar figure had crouched in front of her and her eyes rounded with a gasp at the recognition of it as Sehun was tying her shoelace to look up to find the whole staff of Jinsoo, and her hospital people staring at the sight blankly where Jinsoo and Chang-ho had a gaped look. 

 

Inha's heart thud anxiously to retreat her foot back. "What-" 

 

He held her ankle to hold still. "Stop moving." 

 

Her heartbeat quickened, as she glanced up again to find their faces in a shocked look, where Jinsoo had a soft look now while Chang-ho had a done look at his actions; always the unexpected one and Inha could relate to it with an anxious heart. 

 

The next moment, Sehun stood up, adjusting her strap of her purse back to her shoulder nonchalantly as if he wasn't just in the public eyes at the moment, while Inha stared at him in a shocked state until he met her eyes; soft, gentle, and nervous. 

 

"Doc-lady,"

 

Sehun uttered softly and Inha's heart skipped a beat, he had called her by her nickname of his in front of everyone and her lips parted. "Yeah?" 

 

He had held out his hand for her with a soft smile. "Shall we sneak out together?" 

 

Her heart warmed at his action, at his way of letting everyone know that she was his special one, like he had taken a step towards her with a nervousness in his eyes but stood strong for her and all for her as the next second, Sehun felt her palm sliding his softly with her beautiful smile gracing her lips. 

 

"Let's do it." 

 

His nervousness swapped with a warmth of pleasantness in his system, and a smile graced his lips as he tightened their hold before both of them had walked to the car with their happy little smiles and without caring about the world behind them; they screwed it. 

 

Jinsoo and Chang-ho watched the couple's back in a distance as they jogged their way to find the car driving off from their sights where Jinsoo smiled, proudly as he nodded slowly to chuckle at Chang-ho's reaction; man was getting stressed again before looking behind to find his staff members having a whispering conversation about the scene just happened along with Inha's hospital members where the displeasing woman had a scowl on her face but the one sitting next to Inha had a shocked smile on her face. 

 

"Dr. Baek is the special one?!" 

 

Jinsoo slightly laughed at her enthusiasm to signal his staff members to leave, not before asking one of the staff members to send him the picture they had taken of his best friends as he wanted to send this in the group chat; the gang had to know about the breaking news. 

 

The car was driving off with a steady speed towards a way in the almost empty road; the night sky greeted through the windscreen somehow with a pleasant feeling because the hearts of the two beings were in a pleasant feeling of the moment that happened, and how they did. 

 

Inha who was seated still processing had glanced at Sehun who was driving looking like her hot piece, with a smile on her lips and as he had noticed, he met her eyes with a smile and a chuckle left their lips together; another one, and their soft laughter was echoing in the car wholeheartedly. 

 

Sehun looked ahead with a smile still playing on his lips. "That was-"

 

"Fantastic!"

 

Inha clapped her hands with a laugh as she leaned back and Sehun glanced at her for a second to look ahead with a shake of his head while smiling. "Was it? I thought you'd punch me right there." 

 

"I might have because my soul almost left my body," Inha narrowed her eyes before punching his arm lightly. "You should have given me a heads up at least!"

 

"You wanted me to call you and say, doc-lady, I'm about to make a blast so tag along!" 

 

Inha laughed again and his laugh emerged as he reached out, taking her hand on her thigh into his grasp as he interlocked their fingers with a sigh as he continued driving. "I was really nervous, but I hated watching you struggling there where I can be of help but I wasn't able to, and I didn't like how I had to hold your hand with a fear, and I couldn't watch that I had to be silent to not to stand up for you there, but I just couldn't anymore, I know it might not come as a pleasing thing tomorrow but I will do everything to make sure it wouldn't displease you, Inha. "

 

And there he was again, on his way to make her fall in love with him even more. 

 

Inha tilted her head, a soft smile, and an adoring glint in her eyes for him. "I'm glad you held my hand like that, and not directly but indirectly you did stood up for me and you don't know how proud I feel right now, and if the displease followed again,"

 

Sehun glanced at her to find her kissing the back of his hand with a smile. "We'll go through that displease together." 

 

And his heart warmed to nod until she uttered something that had them laugh. "Isn't it better than doing it on our way than being seen kissing like no tomorrow at some place?"

 

"You go wild for it anyway." 

 

"Shut up, Oh Sehun." 

 

"Okay, Baek Inha." 

 

"But did you see their faces?" Inha let out a laugh. "Especially that Dal-mi, she had the nerve to start her antics with me right there!" 

 

Sehun hummed, rounding the corner. "But you did give your snaps, and that was hot, doc-lady." 

 

Her cheeks warmed. "Really?" 

 

"Really." 

 

"But what was so nice to meet her?" 

 

Sehun frowned. "Who?" 

 

Inha's eyes squinted. "Don't act smart with me, celeb, Dal-mi was clearly trying to flirt with you and what? Nice to meet you." A scoff left her lips. "You have never been nice to other women but suddenly felt nice to meet her?" Another scoff followed. "Like, not even a simple hello but nice to meet you?!" 

 

Sehun had his lips pressed; damn, she was jealous and he always loved this sight because she appeared too hot, yet adorable at the same time as he glanced at her quickly to find her blazing eyes boring into him; she was going to explode and he couldn't help but smile. 

 

"Did you just smile?" 

 

He felt her hand out of his grasp with a scoff and he could picture her arms folded. "Wow, you must have really enjoyed meeting, nice to her, " Inha stressed over the word, looking outside the window with a grumbling huff. "I'm getting off-" 

 

Her words halted the moment he had pulled over the car to the side with a screeching halt, and Inha gasped, looking at him to find him unbuckling his seatbelt and she grabbed grab his collar with a glare. "How dare you-" 

 

And a surprise yelp left her lips as he palmed her nape and within a soft pull towards him, she had felt his lips against hers as her eyes rounded with a skip of her heartbeat like her grip on his collar tightened the moment he had leaned in more; a bit different from his gentle kiss to feel his thumb caressing her skin behind her ear and thigh that he had palmed softly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter