9: Subtle Moments

When the Time is Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why do I feel like you don't want me as a guest?" Jongho said with a hint of displeasure. They are now on their way to the filming location of Running Man. Turned out, today's guests are the main casts of Love is for ers - him, Choi Siwon and Lee Da Hee. Since they have the same destination, Jihyo is currently at Jongho's car after lying to her manager that she'll just take a cab on her way while Jongho told his manager to just wait for him at the location.

"It's not like that. I just don't know how will I act." Jihyo reasoned out. There's no way that she's going to tell him why she's feeling awkward.

"Are you afraid that I'll look at you differently once I see how you are in a variety show?" Jihyo's silence just confirm that he hit the right spot. He took Jihyo's hand and held it tightly. "Why would you worry about that? There might be a difference with how you are in variety and in reality but the Jihyo I admire is the same. Your honesty, charm, wittiness, and your warmness always radiate either in or out of the show. Besides, I already watched your show before. So just be yourself, okay?" He pulled her hand close to him and give it a quick kiss. 

Jihyo looked at him but immediately looked out the window as she felt her cheeks reddened. That's cheesy. She thought yet her smile stayed throughout their ride.

They are now at the parking lot when Jihyo stopped Jongho from going out of the car. "We should leave separately. I'll go first then follow me after." Jihyo opened the door but before she finally went out, she moved back inside and surprise Jongho by giving him a quick kiss on the lips. She then run away towards the set. Jongho can't help but shake his head with Jihyo's unpredictability.

Jongho was the last guest to enter the room where the guests are waiting. His makeup artists and stylists quickly fix him for the camera. It's a good thing that they are running out of time so his manager can't ask him why he just left from the casts' get together last night and now, he went into the set using his own car. 

When he's done, a staff told them to standby and heard the RM casts starting their opening. "Everyone, let's welcome Choi Siwon, Lee Da-hee and Song Jongho". Yoo Jae Suk's voice became their cue to enter the set. The RM casts clapped and each of them welcomed the guests through greetings and handshakes. Jongho reached Jihyo at the end of the line and offered him a hug instead of a handshake. He gladly accepted it and patted Jihyo's back before letting go as they were guided to stand in the middle. 

The opening interview started with YJS and JSJ mainly leading the talking. His eyes always wandered to where Jihyo is and he's glad to notice that her worries earlier seemed to disappear already and laughing genuinely and brightly with her fellow members. Siwon and Dahee's intervie revolved on how long was it already since their last visit in Running Man. His eyes is silently watching Jihyo and he knew that it was his turn already when he noticed Jihyo finally looking at him. 

"Jongho-ssi, is it your first time in a variety show?" YJS asked him. "It's not my first time but it was the first time again since I last guested in a variety show." Sechan butted in telling that Jongho is actually good in playing golf as he's also a golf enthusiast. Jihyo was surprised about this as well since she doesn't know that he plays golf. Haha then asked him his age which he cooly replied, "I just turned 46". The casts showed their amazement as his age is not visible. He looks way younger than his age. Jongho felt flustered by the members' compliments that he failed to notice how proudly Jihyo smiled. "You've worked with Jihyo before right?" This time it was Ji Suk Jin.

Jihyo smile with the fact that it was JSJ again who knows the people she worked with, implying that he really supports her life as an actress. "Yes, actually we worked twice already. First it was in Fugitive of Joseon with Dongwook-ssi then in Was it Love?" 

"He's one of my leading men in Was it Love?" Jihyo butted in and Jongho nodded in agreement with her. He saw Jihyo smiled at him that made him smile as well but she immediately look at the other members. He's happy that from what he observes, Jihyo is now excited to do this with him. The opening ended and it's now time for the guests to choose their team. Lee Da Hee and Siwon is in one team while after a round of rock-paper-scissors, Sechan was the one automatically with Jongho in his team.     

The two teams took turn in choosing their members until it was only Jihyo and Haha left. Jihyo didn't show it but she felt annoyed by the fact that Jongho waited until this point before choosing her. Wait, he's going to choose me right? Jongho felt guilty for not choosing Jihyo immediately but it was because of Kim Jong Kook. He wasn't able to decline Sechan's suggestion to choose him because that could negatively say that he didn't like him. Well in fact, he just doesn't want himself and JIhyo be in the same team with Jong Kook as he's aware of their loveline although it's getting lowkey this time. He knows he's being childish but he just really wants to create this memory for them as he's not sure when they will have a chance to work together again. He was so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter