six.

star-crossed.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Late that night, Maya finally settles down to get ready for bed.

She did a lot today, mostly cleaning around the palace until late into the night, so its fair to say she is exhausted.

But, that was when she realizes she forgot to do something very important.

She forgot to grab Princess Rio's dirty laundry out of her bedroom so she could wash them first thing in the morning. 

So, to avoid any negative consequences, Maya decides she should try to sneak in and quickly grab Rio's dirty clothes without waking her up.

She leaves her own bedroom and starts to walk through the dark hallway. It is very eerie and dark tonight, with clouds covering the night sky. It is difficult to see, but Maya's eyes adjust to the darkness just fine.

Though, nothing would have prepared her for what she is about to see upon entering Rio's bedroom.

When she quietly steps inside, she finds the once cold and emotionless Princess Rio... sobbing in her bed?

Maya was completely expecting Rio to be asleep! Why is she up right now? And sobbing?

She is like a deer in the headlights, staring at Rio with wide eyes as the princess shoots upwards in fear, staring right back at her. 

Rio's eyes are wide in what seems to be fear and her body seems to be trembling uncontrollably. 

It is very awkward, but Maya feels very worried for the princess.

So, Maya breaks the silence.

"Hello, your highness," Maya bows suddenly. "I had no idea you would be awake. I forgot to grab your dirty laundry so I was just stopping by to get it," she admits honestly.

Though, that was now the least of her concern. She's more worried about the princess than anything else.

"What's wrong?" Maya then asks once she gets no response from Rio. "You seem scared out of your mind. You should be sleeping."

Rio gulps fearfully, not even moving a muscle. She has nothing to say, but she simply hugs her own body and looks downwards in shame and embarrassment.

"Is there anything I could do to serve you?" Maya asks a different question, hoping to get a response out of the princess this time.

"I had a nightmare," Rio admits in a rather stoic way, lifting her head slightly to look at Maya, despite her fear. "Sleep with me tonight."

Nothing could have prepared Maya for what Rio asked for her to do. 

She doesn't think she's been more shocked in her life.

The future queen... wants to sleep with her?

She can't help but feel very flattered. 

She blushes and shakes her head.

"I-I'm not sure," Maya stutters a bit from her shock and nervousness. She doesn't know how to respond to this.

Is this a normal thing for royal maids to do? Rio just asked me like it was no big deal. Maya wonders.

Either way, she doesn't think her heart would be able to handle it.

"Katsumura Maya," Rio's frightened voice turns cold. "This is not an offer, but a demand," she reminds her with a glare. "I am the heir to throne, you must do as I say."

Maya gives Rio a hesitant nod before slowly walking ovet towards Rio's bed. She gulps nervously as Rio scoots over to make room for her. She then lays down next to Rio with no pillow.

"Come closer and share the pillow," Rio demands once more. Maya nods, feeling herself blush as she scoots closer to her.

Before she kne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter