eleven.

star-crossed.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Last night was a dream and Maya has been playing the events in her head over and over again like clockwork.

She wants more of Rio. She is like an addiction she cannot simply just get over. 

So, she thinks, this morning she should ask her to be her girlfriend.

Maya feels a bit nervous about asking, but considering what happened last night, she feels Rio is certain to say yes.

And so, after she wakes up the next day, she immediately heads over to Rio's bedroom to ask her the burning question. 

When she steps inside, Princess Rio is sitting on her bed and seems happy to see her.

"Good morning," Rio smiles, cup of tea in hand. It seems Mako or one of the other royal maids already brought her breakfast.

"Good morning you– Rio," Maya responds. She's trying to get the hang of it. 

Rio lets out a giggle.

"Did you sleep well?" Rio questions. "Because I sure did."

"I'm glad to hear that," Maya nods. "I did, actually."

"We should do that again sometime," Rio smiles wider, winking at her. 

Maya blushes and nods at this.

"O-Oh, of course."

"So..." Maya fiddles with her fingers nervously, breaking eye contact with the princess. "Rio... would you like to be my girlfriend?"

Rio seems shocked by the sudden question. She wonders if this strange maid is being for real.

"As much as I want to," Rio sighs, looking down. "I cannot."

"Huh?" Maya is shocked, glancing back over at her. "What do you mean? You ed me last night and then you say we cannot be together?!" She seems frustrated.

"I thought you knew this by now, Maya," Rio sighs again, frowning. "I'm not permitted to have romantic interest in someone who is not a royal. Or even another woman," she shakes her head. 

"Maya, my fate is to one day become queen, after my father either passes away or steps down," Rio explains to her. "I will have to marry a prince from another nation and bear new heirs who will take my place after I am no longer queen."

Maya watches Rio intently, who has a cold, blank expression on her face. 

"Maya, I know it's a hard truth, but..." Rio stands up and starts to approach her, placing her cup of tea down on her nightstand. "I have learned to accept it. So you should too."

"Screw all of that, Rio," Maya lashes out in frustration. "Two days ago, you told me that you thought it was all bull!" She lets out a huff from her anger. "Did you really flirt with me like that only to drop me after I fulfilled your ual desires?!"

"You're misunderstanding, Maya," Rio keeps her cool, despite Maya's anger. "It is true that I want to be with you. But, in the position I'm in, I'm just not allowed to. If anyone were to find out, I'd be kicked from the royal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter