fifteen.

star-crossed.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is the next day... and Maya has a very bad feeling about this.

A very very bad feeling. 

She doesn't think she'll like this guy.

At noon, it will be time for Princess Rio and Prince Mark to meet for the first time. 

Maya has been told by Mako that she needs to be in attendance, as she is one of Princess Rio's royal maids, instructions from the king.

Maya rules down the sinking feeling in her chest to be from dread. She is, in fact, absolutely dreading this. But she has to go anyways.

Later tonight, as the princess and prince get to know each other, a feast will be held to celebrate the future spouses as well as to welcome the king and prince of the Myoui kingdom.

Maya is not sure if she will be able to handle it all in one day. But she will do her best.

Fifteen minutes before noon, Maya hears a knock on her bedroom door.

"Who is it?" Maya calls out as she approaches the door.

"It's me, Mako," a voice on the other side responds. Maya then proceeds to open the door, looking at the senior maid nervously, who has a smile on her face.

"Are you ready, Maya?" Mako is first to speak. "You look so nervous."

"Because I am," Maya sighs. Mako puts a comforting hand on her shoulder. 

"It's alright," Mako sighs as well. "Rio still loves you more than anyone. I can assure that."

"I know..." Maya sighs. "I'm ready. Let's go."

Then, the two young women walk together towards the entrance room of the palace, which is very grand. Maya has never seen finer architecture in her life. 

Built with marble and hints of gold, the room could make anyone gasp in awe.

Mako and Maya were two of the first people to make it, standing beside the big wooden entrance door. 

Maya fidgets with her fingers nervously as they wait, and Mako notices, grabbing onto one of Maya's hands.

Right before noon, Princess Rio makes her entrance.

For a moment, Maya thinks she is dreaming.

In the weeks she has known Princess Rio, she has never looked this amazing. Anyone would fall for her.

She is wearing a long, elegant white gown. She is decorated in gold jewelry and though her dark hair is down, it is bejeweled with gold hair pins.

Instinctively, Maya's jaw drops. Mako quickly notices though and quickly pushes up on Maya's chin, closing her jaw for her.

As Rio fully approaches the door, Mako, Maya, and the other royal maids and royal guards, bow to her. 

Then, following behind Rio, is someone Maya has been waiting to eventually see with her own two eyes.

The king.

He looks youthful for a man in his early forties. Maya is quick to notice which of Rio's features she inherited from her father. 

As soon as he gives his eldest daughter a slight smile, Maya could see the resemblance. 

"King Masaru and Prince Mark should be here in no time," the king spoke up. His voice was deep and booming, despite his friendly-looking demeanor. Maya cannot help but feel intimidated by him. "I have been told that they have anchored their ship at the dock not too long ago."

The king then looks directly at Maya, sending a shiver down her spine. She cannot even dare to look at him in his eyes.

"You must be a new recruit," he speaks to her. "The Hanabashi Royal Family is glad to have you," he nods his head at her. 

"I-It's a pleasure to finally meet you, your highness," Maya plays it off like she is not very nervous, but she feels like she just wants to run and hide. She bows to him, which he seems to receive well.

Then suddenly, the big wooden door begins to open.

On the other side, is a king who seems even more intimidating, and his son, the one and only Prince Mark.

Prince Mark is a heart throb for every young woman in the Myoui Kingdom. He is the youngest of the king's sons, so not the heir, but by far the most physically attractive. The fact that he is not the heir is why he is being married off to another kingdom.

But, King Masaru definitely wishes Mark was his heir. He fits all of his standards nicely. 

Prince Mark is younger than Princess Rio, being only twenty years old. But, he is known for acting mature for his age. However, his ego is rightfully very large.

Even Maya would admit that if she was attracted to men, he would be her type.

He is a tall, skinny young man, standing at around one-hundred ninety centimeters. His hair is dark brown and is  nicely cut. He has a long neck, slim hands, full lips, and thick eyebrows. His appearance is not very masculine, as he seems quite elegant, but his aura sure is. 

As soon as he looks over to Princess Rio and flashes her his charismatic smile, Maya fought the urge to lose her mind. His smile is his charm.

"It is a pleasure to meet you in person, King Masaru," Rio's father is the firs to speak. "This is my eldest daughter, Princess Rio," he gestures over to her.

"It's a pleasure to meet you too," King Masaru responds, but Prince Mark wastes no time.

The handsome prince makes his way a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter