twenty.

star-crossed.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is late at night and Maya feels hopeless.

Ever since the trial, she has been sitting alone in her cold prison cell, wishing she had the love of her life near to keep her warm.

She doesn't blame Rio for telling her father the truth at all. It would've been hard to hide the truth, but she wishes that there was a way Rio could've told her that the king knew the truth. Just so she didn't have to lie and embarrass herself in front of everyone.

All she knows is that the trial was the last time she is going to see Rio. Oh, how badly she wishes she could kiss her one last time, feel her touch one last time, make love to her one last time. Then, she could die knowing that she had fulfilled everything she wanted.

Maya starts to cry once again. She only wanted to be a royal maid in order to provide for her family. To be able to afford medicine for her father's illness. Instead, she's going to wind up dead just because of love. Something she could not control.

But she doesn't regret a thing. 

After all, she got to meet Rio. Meeting her makes everything worth it. Makes even dying tomorrow worth it.

Suddenly, the iron door to Maya's prison cell opens. 

Maya looks up, expecting to see some sort of guard that will tell her to do something, like eat. But instead, she sees face of the love of her life, with a look of determination.

"R-Rio...?" Maya questions. She cannot believe her eyes. "W-What are you doing here?"

"Saving you," Rio whispers, smiling over at her. "Did you really think I'd sit there and let them kill you?"

Maya starts to sob loudly as she tackle hugs the former princess, nearly making them both fall over.

"Shh!" Rio shushes her. "I know you're emotional, but you need to be quiet," she whispers. "We cannot risk being caught."

"J-Just shut up already..." Maya whispers and presses her lips against Rio's in a burst of passion. They are both so grateful that they got to kiss once again.

Rio cries as well, continuing to hold Maya close, leaving no space between them. She keeps her hands on her waist, so glad she was able to pull this off.

"H-How did you get in here?" Maya whispers once their lips separate. "This place

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter