Hints

Oppa! [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2019

Jihoon gave a polite smile to the reporter, which is not the usual case whenever he’s asked about anything closely related to his relationship with Jieun. Nearly two years since their relationship was exposed by Dispatch, they’ve both been consistently adamant about sharing personal information, especially when it comes to them as a couple. This resulted to something similar to respect from the media and general public on how discreetly and private they are about their relationship, but it also fuelled a myth-like curiosity that followed them wherever they go.

“Hyung, it’s not even my press con…this event is supposed to be for Ciipher.” He answered.

“Come on, Jihoon-ssi, you know I’ve been nice to you both hehe.” The reporter tried to persuade him gently. “I just wanted to know if you see yourself having a family in the next 2 years.”

His thoughts screamed a resounding “YES” but he needed to weigh his words. Saying things like that would probably fan flames of a wedding rumor, which he didn’t want Jieun to face.

“Hmmm..It has always been a dream for me. I think I’ve been saying this even before – I want to have a big family of my own when the time comes. But as to when that will be, I can’t really say right now.”

The reported gave him a smile that suggested how safe his answer was. But he didn’t care. That’s all he’ll ever give.

“Thank you, Jihoon-ssi..”

“Of course..now if we can focus our attention to Ciipher’s new album..”

There was light laughter inside the hall as the press lauded how deftly he steered the conversation away from him.

**

“Eomma, I told you we’ll pick you up, why did you have to get a cab?” Jieun sighed in exasperation. “Where are you?”

Jihoon raised his brows, trying to confirm if things are okay, but Jieun was too busy talking to her mother on the phone. A few moments later, she came up to him, looking stressed.

“They’re almost here but the cab went the long way.”

He slung his arm over her shoulder and gave them a squeeze. “They’ll be fine.”

Jieun gave him a tired smile and he felt her body relax a little.

They were both sitting on the patio, people watching. Seated on the table close to where they were standing is Hana who was cradling a sleeping Somi in her arms.

“I’m sorry for being so stressed, oppa.” Jieun responded with a resigned tone, as she snuggled closer to his arm.

“It’s fine. I know you’re just worried..”

The gathering of the Jung and Lee families with some of their closest friends in his Jeju house was his idea. He wanted to have all his favorite people in one place for his birthday weekend, but there is also another idea that has been brewing inside his head for months, just waiting for the perfect time to be unveiled.

The fact that he’s turning 40 in 3 years gave him a strong urge to consider proposing to Jieun within the year. In fact, the idea has been in his head since their first year together, but he didn’t want to scare her off, knowing that marriage probably isn’t on the top of her list then. He’d take an engagement for now, if that’s what she wants, but the desire to settle down and have a family has been growing as the months go by.

When Jieun let out a soft chuckle, he turned to gaze at her. She was fixated on the mumbling Somi. It seemed like the little girl was dreaming.

“Ahh, atleast we have Somi here. Just looking at her reduces stress.” Jieun said, her eyes softening as she continued to study the sleeping toddler.

Her eyes looked sincere, pinching his heart, as if just the look in her eyes was enough proof that she wants to build a family with him someday. He had to take a deep breath to steady his heart, not allowing his emotions to take over.

“She’s an angel..” He managed to whisper, feeling Jieun rest her head on his shoulder.

“Yeah, I’m still wondering how you two are related.”

Jihoon chuckled at the recurring joke, just allowing the seconds and minutes to pass, feeling content with just the nearness of Jieun.

They were talking about the food for his party when familiar voices came to interrupt, which Jihoon welcomed, allowing him to step back from his recurring thoughts about marriage.

Jieun stood up to walk to her parents, who were ushered in by Gi-choon. The three shared a hug before approaching him.

“Son, can you show Mina and Jinwoo to their rooms?” Gi-choon asked.

“Sure,” He offered a smile to Mina who was such a chatterbox. Jieun wanted to help them carry their things but her mother was adamant that there’s no need. ”It’s this way.”

He led them to the huge bedroom on the second floor of the house. As they made their way to it, he kept hearing Jinwoo’s comments about Jieun’s sleeping arrangements.

He pretended not to get the hidden meaning behind it, innocently pointing Jieun’s single bedroom which is just next to theirs, but he knew exactly what Jinwoo was talking about. It’s no secret that he and Jieun are sleeping together, but he knew it’s rude to blatantly do that while her parents are staying in the same place as them. He can be dumb but he knew his boundaries when it comes to these things, especially when it comes to Korea’s weird pseudo conservative values. After giving Jieun’s room a glance, Jinwoo gave him a look that still looked stern but somewhat satisfied. Between him and Mina, it was Jinwoo that required quite some time and effort before finally warming up to him. He’s willing to sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter