Y♡UNG L♡VE .9 - She's Back

Y♡UNG L♡VE

 

 

"Bye, see you Monday!" Bella said as she hugged Yana.

Yana returns the hug. "Call or text me if anything comes up."

"Yana, you're only going home for the weekend. Two days. Why'd you make it sound like you're going for a whole week?" Bella chuckled at her.

Yana shrugged her shoulders. "You never know what'll happen in those two days. Just text me." She winked.

"Fine. Now get going. Taxi man is waiting for you."

Yana laughed at her friend then waved one last time before getting inside the taxi. Just as the vehicle leaves the premises, Yana's phone beeped, indicating a notification. She opened her messages and let out a snort. 'Don't die on me. I still need you through college.' The text read. She shook her head then looked out the window. In the same spot, Yana saw Bella standing there waving dramatically at her. Yana smiled and waved back, though she's pretty sure that Bella won't see her. Yana sat straight in her seat then huffed out a breath. "Home it is." She smiled then closed her eyes to take a rest.

 

Yana thanked the taxi driver as she retrieved her duffle bag from him. Heaving a sigh, as soon as the taxi driver sped away, Yana turned around to face her home. It's been only a few weeks but a lot has happened and she did miss her parents as well as her twin brothers. Yana pressed the button on the intercom and waited.

"Hello there, how may I help you?" Someone asked through the intercom.

"Hi!" Yana shouted in excitement as she recognized the voice. "Mr. Hong! This is Yana!"

As soon as she said her name, there was a loud buzz, indicating that the door to her right was unlocked. She pressed the button again and thanked Mr. Hong before stepping through the metal door.

"Yah old man! How dare you let the young miss walk all the way from the gate to the front door?" Mrs. Hong scolded her husband.

"Old lady! As soon as I knew that it was her, I was already on my way to her!" Mr. Hong retorted.

"But still! You should've at least told her to wait for you!"

"It's such a hot day today! How can I ask the young lady to wait for me at the gate!?"

Yana smiled at the bickering couple. "It's okay Mrs. Hong. The longer I wait, the longer I melt from this heat." She said, meeting them halfway at the driveway.

 

"Oh my Yana!" Mrs. Hong hugged her tightly. "I missed you so much! Look at you! So skinny! Have you not been eating?!" She then took Yana's duffel bag and threw it at her husband without saying anything.

"Oof! What'd you put in here Yana?" Mr. Hong groaned as he held tightly onto the bag.

"Just my laptop and some books. And Mrs. Hong, it's been only a few weeks since I started college! And I've been eating well! I've actually gained weight." Yana smiled brightly at her.

"Come on. Let's get out of this heat. My makeup is melting." Mrs. Hong said, holding onto Yana's arm, making her laugh.

Once Yana stepped inside, cool air hit her heated face.

"Honey, bring Yana's bag up to her room and go start the car for madam." Mrs. Hong said to her husband then turned to Yana. "Yana dear, I'll go get some lemonade for you."

"Thank you Mrs. Hong."

 

"Nana's back! Nana's back!"

Two little voices were heard shouting inside the home. Her smile widened once she saw two little boogers running towards her. "Nana!" They shouted.

"Seo Eun! Seo Jun!" Yana squatted and hugged the twins.

"I missed you noona!" Seo Eun said. "I know it's only a couple weeks, but the house is too quiet without you!"

"Yes!" Seo Jun nodded his head. "We miss the sound of your screaming voice when we prank you! Mom and dad are boring. Their reactions aren't like yours at all."

"Oh is that so?" Yana asked, somewhat in disbelief. "You guys don't miss me at all, but only miss pranking me?"

"Uhh... Who said that?" Seo Eun asked, looking innocent.

Yana gave him a pointed look in a joking way. The twins looked at each other then ran away with sounds of laughter emitting from them.

Yana shook her head slightly and smiled. "These kids."

 

"Yana is that you?"

Yana stood up and walked towards her mother. "Yes mom! I'm home!"

Jung Won walked into the living room and hugged her daughter. "Hello sweetheart." She kissed Yana's temple. "I know you just came back but I have to go to the suit shop to get your dad's suit." She then sighed. "Your dad always tells me at the last minute! His suit was done three days ago and he didn't go get it! Now I have to go get the suit then bring it to him at the office to check if the alterations are fixed! One day before the event Yana!"

Yana only nodded her head. "I see.... Do you want me to go with you?"

"Oh no." Jung Won waved her off. "I'll go by myself. Go rest up. Your dress is already in your room. I'll see you later, okay?" She smiled at Yana then walked out.

"See you later mom." Yana waved then headed up to her room. Once she opened her door, she saw her dress all bagged up hanging on the screen divider. Feeling too tired from today's class, she decided to take a nap for a little bit and wake up to have dinner with her family.

 

Sudden water drops woke her up later. Yana quickly sat up, all startled. "Wha-? Heyoo!"

"Do it again Seo Jun!"

Seo Jun then started spraying her with water with his spray bottle.

"Yah! Seo Twins!" Yana shouted. "I'm awake now!" She then rubbed her face only to snatch her glasses, forgetting that she must've fallen asleep with them on.

The twins giggled then jumped on her bed. "Nana." Seo Jun said.

Taking the glasses and wiping it clean, Yana turned to them and squinted at them. "Yes? Is it dinner time?"

"Yes." Seo Jun answered.

"But, we can't eat right now." Seo Eon said next.

"Oh. Why's that?" Yana slid her glasses on. "Mom burnt the food again?"

"Oh no. Remember the noona that used to live with us?" Seo Eon asked.

Yana nodded her head. "Mina."

"Yeah, she's downstairs crying to mom and dad right now." Seo Jun said, rubbing his itchy nose.

Yana's more awake now. "Stay here. Don't make a mess in my room." She furrowed her brows and hurriedly went down the stairs quietly.

 

Upon reaching down on the last step, Yana can hear sounds of talking and crying. She peaked over and saw Mina, Mr. and Mrs. Hong kneeling in front of her parents, crying. She didn't want to suddenly show up so she decided to sit on the step and eavesdrop I guess...

"Mr. and Mrs. Lee, I didn't mean to take anything from you guys at all. My ex boyfriend was a bad influence. He was the one behind everything that has happened! Breaking in the safe, the home office, and stealing..." Mina sniffed as she wiped her tears. "He told me that if I do that, he'll take me away from home and we'll start a new life together with the money. But that was a lie! Not long after running away, he started using drugs and abusing me...." Mina stopped, crying and breathing heavily.

Mrs. Hong cried along with her only daughter, patting and hugging her. "Oh dear."

Hwi Jae and Jung Won sighed in frustration. "Mina, what happened has already been done. Breaking into your own masters home to steal-" Jung Won said.

Mina huffed out a heavy breath, "It wasn't me! Jackson instructed me to do it! I was so blind in love that I did what he told me to do!" She shouted, cutting Mrs. Lee off.

Jung Won started again, "Mina-"

"Please don't send me to jail! I am my parents' only daughter! If anything, it should be Jackson!" Mina intercepted. "It wasn't me! Please!"

Hwi Jae sighed, shaking his head lightly. "We're not going to send you to jail, Mina. We just want you to know that what you and your boyfriend did was unacceptable. You're not a child anymore, Mina. Because I respect your parents and love you as if you're our own, we won't press charges against you."

"Oh goodness! Thank you! Thank you so much!" The Hong's sighed in relief and bowed down to Hwi Jae and Jung Won, thanking them.

"I hope you learn from your mistakes, Mina." Jung Won said.

Mina nodded her head vigorously. "Yes! I understand! I promise I won't do it again! History will never repeat itself!" She said as she continued bowing.

"Oh! Thank You so much! I promise to take better care of her!" Mrs. Hong bowed down deeply. "If it ever happens again, I'll make sure to send her to jail myself!"

"Mom!" Mina whined.

Jung Won chuckled. "No if's. Make sure that there will never be a next time or there will be serious consequences."

"I promise! I am forever in your debt Madam!"

"Now Mina," Hwi Jae called, "that boyfriend of yours, do you want to press charges against him? This is not something that should be taken lightly."

Mina bit her lip as she looked down, contemplating what to say. "Mmm... I.. I've decided.... To not press charges sir... I-if you and madam can forgive me t-then I'll forgive him too..." She said, not looking at anyone.

Hwi Jae nodded. "Alright. If you think that's the way then I won't pressure you. But if you change your mind, let madam and I know."

"Yessir, I will."

"Now that you're back, let's get you situated. I know you still need to go to college so I will see to it that you will attend the same college as Yana." Jung Won said, earning more cries from Mr. and Mrs. Hong.

"How can we repay you madam? You're doing way more than we can ever ask for!" Mrs. Hong cried.

Jung Won smiled warmly at her housekeeper. "I should be the one thanking you. You and Mr. Hong had been with us for as long as I can remember. You helped us way more than we have. It's only right to help one another. And this is not the only time. We will continue to help one another in the future as well."

-

*NOTE: Some rich people have their own drivers driving them around. But some don't...... as in, they don't "flaunt" their riches by being driven around by their drivers all the time. I guess it's up to the rich family to decide....? Understand me....? No..?

Well, set Parasite as an example. They're upper class but they don't have several maids or drivers to accompany them. Just one housekeeper and one driver.

I don't know about how the upper class people work their rich lives, but just by watching some dramas/movies, we get the gist of it. I hope so.

The house Yana's family is living in is gated, but it's not as grand as a mansion. It's in the area where upperclassmen are living in (the neighborhood). Yana's family is rich, but they don't flaunt it. They're teaching their children the value of life and how to work for what they want. Other rich families are like that too but they'd prefer to live in mansions. While there are other rich people who are snobby and prefer to flaunt and what not..... You know what I mean. :D