Y♡UNG L♡VE .6 - Raccoon

Y♡UNG L♡VE

 

 

Yana's day went by rather quickly. All too quickly, it's already the last class of the day. She may despise a certain someone, but she's not backing down. It has been two weeks since that little show-down. And if she was able to survive those two weeks, then she'll for sure to survive for the rest of the term.

Plus, she's not in middle school or high school anymore...

Anyway, doing her job like always, Yana did her best to avoid the pestering freshman seated a few seats across from her.

With his chin resting on his hand while the other hand is playing with his pencil, Jungkook's whole focus was on the petite lady. His plan was to apologize to her right after class. That's if he stops her before disappearing on him like the past two weeks.

"And like always, my dear students! If you don't understand anything, please don't hesitate to sign up for tutoring! Ms. Yana here," Professor Hyukjae pointed to his assistant, "is a tutor and she is more than willing to help you numb-nuts out!"

The classroom filled with freshmen only stared at him. Clearly they didn't like this 'joke' of his. Even Yana looked at him awkwardly, unsure if she should fake a laugh or anything.

Without any reactions from the students, professor Hyukjae in his breath and clapped his hands. "Anyway, class is dismissed! Get out of here!" And right away, the students fled out of the room. All except one.

 

Jungkook quickly packed his stuff while eying the petite assistant who's also packing her stuff. Once he got everything in his backpack, he sped walked up to the front while zipping his bag, still keeping his eyes on the older girl.

"Ahem." He 'coughed'.

Yana looked up with a slight smile then immediately frowned. "What?"

Jungkook took a deep breath and stood up straight with his hands in front of him. "I know what I did that day was wrong and I apologize for that," He started.

Yana hooked one of her arms into her backpack strap and softened her frown a little bit.

"but... I gotta admit, it was pretty funny!" He started laughing, making her frown again. "Your reaction was the best!" Jungkook stopped laughing when he saw that her face was turning red. "Ahem, anyway- friends?" He asked as if nothing ever happened at all.... Nothing.

"After you humiliated me in front of everybody and made fun of me just now, you want to be friends!?" Yana shouted at him.

"Mmhmmm.." Jungkook pursed his lips out and nodded, looking innocent... "Besides, you already, you know," He pointed his head down there, "hurt me down there... So let's just call it even... although I am more physically hurt..."

Yana scoffed and rolled her eyes. While rolling her eyes, she caught professor Hyukjae's eyes staring at them with pursed lips. She immediately straightened herself and cleared . Jungkook also followed her as well and looked at the professor. "Do you need anything, professor?" Yana asked.

"Hmmm.. No." He simply said. "You may continue talking." He then leaned on one hand while continuing watching them.

Both Jungkook and Yana raised their brows in question, weirded out by the professor. "I'll see you tomorrow then...." Yana said then headed out.

Jungkook half smiled at the professor then stepped out as well. "Wait!" He shouted after Yana. "We need to finish talking!"

 

He followed her into the hallway then jumped in front of the girl, startling her. "What's there to talk about? You already apologized."

"But you didn't answer me if you want to be friends or not."

Yana snorted. "Are we in kindergarten or what? Still need to ask around for friends?"

"You really want to go back to that topic?" He asked, while giving her a look. "Because I have a lot of time."

Yana rolled her eyes and stepped away from the tall freshman. "Leave me alone. Why do you even need me as a friend anyway? Don't you already have that ert as your friend?"

Jungkook rolled his eyes and scoffed at her. "Didn't we already make it clear that we're not erts?!"

"Maybe. But I still don't trust you guys." She said with a shrug.

"Oh- Well..." Jungkook scratched his head. "We're not. I already apologized...."

"And?"

"Friends?" Jungkook extended his arm out for a handshake.

Yana looked at his hand and rolled her eyes then sighed. "Whatever." She slapped his hand instead of shaking it.

Jungkook raised his brows in confusion. "What's this supposed to mean? Are we friends now?" He asked with a slight smile.

Yana shrugged her shoulders. "Meh, whatever you think." She then stepped away from him and walked away.

Jungkook quietly chuckled and turned around after her. "Bye, friend!" He shouted after her.

Yana looked at him being cringey. She rolled her eyes and continued walking away, making Jungkook chuckled as he continued to watch her leave.

~

Meanwhile, after class, in the library...

"Yana, I really don't understand this problem at all. Can you help me?" Mona asked, showing her textbook to her older cousin.

Yana read the question. "Masked mammal. This is a raccoon. Why is it pictured here?" Pictured above it was a raccoon. "Uhh.... What class is this?" Yana asked, confused.

"Math." She answered.

Yana scrunched her face. "Math? What kind of math class is this? What kind of question is this?"

Mona shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know. Our professor just assigned it to us without any explanation."

"Maybe you should ask your professor instead. I don't think I can help you here..."

 

 

A few moments later, all the girls gathered up to help Mona.

"It's all this raccoon's fault that I'm having a headache!" Lisa shouted.

"How dare this raccoon ruin my day!" Bella exclaimed.

"Who created this math book!" Yana chipped in.

The girls circled around Mona's textbook with a frown etched onto their faces.

 

"Yo, what's up my friend!"

The girls perked up their heads and Yana frowned. "What do you want?"

"Can't a friend check up on their friend?" Jungkook smiled at her, taking a seat beside her. Taehyung copied him but instead, sat next to Bella and winked at her.

Bella gave them a confused look while Lisa smiled widely at the newcomer sitting across from her.

"Friend?" Bella asked, looking at Yana.

"YUP." Jungkook answered for her. "We are fff-friends."

Yana rolled her eyes but didn't deny it. "Since when?" Bella asked again.

"Umm, an hour ago...." He 'shyly' answered this time.

Instead of asking more questions, Bella only nodded her head and sat back in her seat only to meet Taehyung's eyes. Taehyung winked at her all the while leaning his head on his hand with a sly smile.

Bella frowned and turned away from him.

"You know," Taehyung started. "If they're friends then we should be friends too." He suggested. "Or even better. Best-Friends."

Bella ignored him and started looking at her cuticles.

 

"Since you're here, help us with a math question." Yana slid the textbook towards the freshman.

"Of course! What are friends for?" He happily accepts. "The fu- is this?" He frowned after reading the question and then looked at Yana. "What is this?"

"A raccoon."

Jungkook raised an eyebrow at her. "Are you joking with me now?" He chuckled lightly at her. "Awe! How cute! I didn't know you had it in you."

Seeing their exchanges, Lisa decided to introduce herself. She got up from her seat and stood beside the bickering duo. "Hi." She shyly greeted the fellow freshman.

Jungkook looked up. "Oh, hey!"

"Do you remember me?" Lisa asked. "We bumped into each other in the lunchroom."

Jungkook scrunched his face and thought for a bit. "Hmm. I've bumped into a lot of people recently.... But anyway, how goes it?"

Lisa bit her bottom lip to suppress her expanding smile. "Great!" She shouted a bit too loudly. "And you?"

Jungkook nodded his head. "Swell." He then turned to Yana. "And you, my friend?"

"Mm." Was only her reply.

"Anyway, my sister needs help with her math, do you think you can help her? We've been stuck on it for hours." Lisa continued.

"Ummm... I'm not sure, but let's see here. Taehyung! Help here please."

 

Taehyung looked towards them. "Oh hey. You're the girl that Jungkook bumped into in the lunchroom. How nice to see you again. I'm Taehyung."

"Lisa." The young girl introduced herself.

Taehyung read the question and frowned. "What is this?"

"Yeah, that was our reaction too...." Lisa said.

"Uh huh... So where is your sister?" Taehyung asked.

"Here." Mona said, raising her hand.

Taehyung looked beside him and smiled. "Hi- Whoa!" Taehyung shouted as he stood up and grabbed onto his friend. "Jungkook! There's two of them!" He repeatedly looked at Mona and Lisa, making him almost pull his neck muscles.

Lisa went back to sit with Mona, motioning her to introduce herself. "Hi. I'm Mona and this is my twin, Lisa. We're Yana's cousin." She smiled at them.

"Mona.... Lisa.... Mona Lisa. Heeh. I see what their parents did there." He chuckled. "Nice!"

Yana gave him a dirty look. "Go away."

Jungkook stuck out his tongue at her. "No. But seriously though. What kind of math question is this?" He asked, ignoring her judging look.

"More like, how is this even a math problem?" Taehyung leaned back and crossed his arms.

 

Mona pursed her lips and looked at everyone sitting around the table.

Yana leaned forward with her chin resting on her hand, looking bored.

Jungkook looked up the question on the internet on his phone with furrowed bows.

Lisa fawned over the boy sitting across from her.

Bella pinched the bridge of her nose with closed eyes, annoyed by the boy sitting beside her.

Taehyung, obviously flirting with Bella, hence the look on the girls' face.

 

Sighing, Mona stood up and closed her textbook. "I guess I'll go ask my professor tomorrow. Thanks for trying to help and sorry for ruining your brain cells." She smiled slightly. "Lisa." She turned to her younger twin. "Let's go."

Lisa looked up and frowned. "But I still want to hangout with them." She pouted.

"Ah, we're leaving anyway." Bella said, standing up quickly.

"Bye." Yana copied her friend and they both walked away to their respected dorms.

"Bye friend!" Jungkook shouted after Yana.

"Bye best friend!" Taehyung waved after Bella.

The boys got up as well and left in the opposite direction. Lisa looked at their backs and sighed.

"C'mon. The driver is waiting for us." Mona said, pulling Lisa to the car.

-