Y♡UNG L♡VE .12 -Dance

Y♡UNG L♡VE

 

Yana knew that he was rich, but she wasn't expecting him to be that rich... just like her.

Their parents introduced them and had them do a slow dance together, which made Yana sweat and breathless. "Please don't notice me." She said under her breath.

It's not like she hates him or anything. Those two aren't even on a super friendly term at school... Not even friends on a personal level. For all she knows, he was just an annoying freshman that likes to bug her for no reason.

Just seeing him here practically made her panic... and so she did what she did best, embarrass herself by becoming a pirate, hence the eye patch and sunglasses.

While slowly dancing with her, Jungkook tried to look through the pitch black sunglasses to see her face clearly, all the while looking like a creep. But of course that's not possible due to the multiple layers she had crafted onto her face....

Yana on the other hand, never once had her face towards him or looked at him at all. She'd turn her head to the side and planned to stay like that throughout the dance, afraid that he'll know that it's her.

 

'Huh, but what if he knows that it's me? What's wrong with that?' She asked herself, a frown forming on her face. 'It's just him... And I don't think that he'll make a big deal out of it, right? wait, I've already come this far... There's no turning back now.... Gosh, why do I always do things without thinking?!' Yana scrunched her face and heaved a sigh.

Jungkook on the other hand, could only stare at her and wonder what she's thinking about. Truth be told, with the faces that she's making, it looks like his dance partner is constipated. He's not sure if he should stop the dance so she can go use the restroom or continue the dance and not say anything to embarrass her...

Not turning to look at him at any cost, Yana's neck started to strain a little. Without showing any signs of distress, Yana did her best to keep her back straight and head high.

Jungkook can't do much but look at her side profile. He notices a teeny mole on her jaw. And whenever she presses her lips tightly together, he sees her dimple. 'How cute.' He thought with a slight smile showing.

 

"So," He started, "What's your name?"

Apparently, when Yana's dad introduced Yana to Jungkook and his mom, Yana purposely coughed a little bit too loud so Jungkook didn't hear clearly. All he heard was the end of her name, something -ah. And he didn't want to ask again, too so, :P. But now that they're alone together, he decided to ask her.

Yana's eye widened, a warm sensation rushing throughout her body. And no, not like that s. Cold sweat. 'What? He didn't hear my dad, yes! But what am I gonna say to him now? Should I make up a name? Oh! My nickname so my parents won't question me why I used a fake name. Only my brothers use this nickname but in this case, it's better than my real one! Yes!' She confidently nodded her head and turned to him. "Yaya."

"Yaya?" He scrunched his brows.

She faced him and smiled. "Yes. I'm Yaya. Call me Yaya."

"Ahh.." He nodded his head.

Yana then turned to face the side again.

Silence.....

'How long have we been dancing now?' Yana wondered, resisting the urge to roll her neck.

'Why is this taking so long? It's so awkward here...' Jungkook thought.

 

As the music end, Jungkook and Yana backed away from one another and bowed. They both then went on their separate ways to follow their respective parents around the room, talking to other people.

Jungkook can't help but wonder back to the girl in the pink gown. She definitely looks familiar. She sounds familiar too... Her voice. Just like his 'friend' that he likes to bug the living daylights out of... Just then, Jungkook scoffs and shakes his head in disbelief. "This girl." He turned to look at her from across the room. "You really had to go all out like that just so I won't know that it's you? What's the point in this?"

Yana, on the other hand, was still trying to be discreet. But the more discreet she is, the more sus she looks. She was trying to cover her face with her hand, even though her huge sunglasses already did that. People stared at her weirdly, trying to avoid running into her at any cost.

Now that Jungkook knows that it's Yana, he decided to pull her leg and go ask for some photos. He excused himself from his mom and steadily walked towards the pirate dressed in pink.

 

"Mr. Lee."

"Jungkook! What can I help you with?" Hwi Jae asked.

Hiding a smile, Jungkook looked at him then to Yana, who was secretly looking at him as well. "Well, I was wondering if I could take some photos with 'Yaya', Mr. Lee." He waved his phone in front of the petite girl.

If Yana was in any cartoon, her jaw would've dropped all the way down to the floor. But she can't do that so it can drop down only the furthest that it can.

"Yaya?" Hwi Jae turned to look at Yana.

Yana closed . "Yaya..." She nodded, tilting a little so the sunglasses slid down a bit from her nose bridge. "Yaya." She stared at her dad intensely.

Hwi Jae snorted. "Of course! Come here." He grabbed Jungkook's phone and stepped back.

"Make sure to get the whole outfit, Mr. Lee. I want to remember this very moment." Jungkook said, grinning widely at Yana's fallen face. "Your daughter looks beautiful tonight. Sadly, half her face is covered."

"I know right." Hwi Jae agreed. "Now pose! Go closer and smile big!" He started clicking as if the phone was an actual camera and started doing all these weird poses as well. "I'm taking multiple shots! Say cheese!"

 

Yana mentally slapped her forehead. She sighed in defeat from the secondhand embarrassment from her dad. 'This is more embarrassing than what I pulled earlier.'

Jungkook took this opportunity to hug her shoulders tightly and smiled widely. "Kindergarten!" He shouted loudly, then started throwing peace signs.

Yana stiffened, along with her fake smile. 'WTF.'

"Wow. Yaya. Your smile is so big I can all your teeth!" Hwi Jae said, actually surprised to see her equally surprising huge smile.

Yana stiffly turned to look at the smiling freshman posing her for dad.

The freshman then turned to face her then winked. "Fancy seeing you here, Ms. Student-Teacher. You look lovely tonight." He said in a low voice, all the while still grinning at her.

Jungkook gently pushed her sunglasses down with his index finger. Her surprised round eye stared right back at him. Embarrassment washed all over her as she heard him chuckle, pushing the sunglasses back up. 'WTF.'

"Aw, I hope your eye gets better, Yaya." He patted her shoulders a bit too hard, making her stumble a bit forward. "Thank you Mr. Lee."

"No problem at all." Hwi Jae handed the freshman's phone back to him. "If you want more pictures taken, just come to me." He smiled at the young man.

Jungkook bowed and bade goodbye. "See you again soon!" He waved then walked away, ignoring the still stunned Yana.

 

Hwi Jae walked up to his daughter and snorted. "By the look on your face, it seems that the young man found out who you are."

Yana broke out of her trance and shrugged her shoulders. "W-what are you talking about? I-I wasn't hiding from anybody. I really did got hurt! Want to see?"

"Yeah. Sure. Just so you know, I also used the same, but slightly different, method on your mother."

"Oh? You did?"

"Yes I did! That time when we were still dating, I asked her on a date but pretended to stand her up and disguise myself as someone else to see if your mother would cheat on me or not. Apparently it took her 20 minutes to figure out it was me."

"What did she do then?"

"She played along then! And then at some point, she snatched my wig and started scolding me." He laughed, remembering the good old days.

"Awe, how cute!" Yana cooed.

"Right?! And what you just pulled here for that young man is cute as well!"

"Ey." Yana groaned. "It wasn't meant to be anything like that, dad. When I saw him, I panicked and did what I did... that's all." She pouted. "Besides, I am not looking to be in a relationship."

"I see. But one thing I don't understand is, if you are not interested, then why did you panic and do all of this? You could've simply ignored him."

"But dad! It's not like that! That freshman has been bothering me ever since school started until now. It's not easy to just- Ugh. Forget it. You wouldn't understand..."

Hwi Jae nodded his head. "Just so you know, I bothered your mother in university too..."

Yana looked at her dad. 'He's telling me this because....?'

"Ah! Let's go! Your mom's waiting for us." Hwi Jae said, hooking Yana's arm around his.

-