Coffee Dating (MiMin🟢)

Gidle oneshots

Prompt: Barista crushing on a customer

 

"Hey Minnie Unnie. Soojin got out of class together and is on her way here with her friend. Do you think I could take my break when she gets here?" Minnie looked at the time and nodded. "Yeah you should be fine. Spend some time with your girl. I know you've been busy lately." Shuhua pouted. "JinJin said I couldn't have kisses if I didn't at least get a B on all my finals." Minnie tilted her head. "So what did you get?" Shuhua smirked. "So far? All A's." Minnie made a face. "I don't want to hear about the reward you've got in mind." 

 

Twenty minutes later and Minnie was wiping down the counter. The bell rang and she perked up her customer service voice presenting itself. "Good afternoon welcome to Neverland cafe where our coffee will take you to the stars. What can I get for y-" She nearly choked finally looking at the customers. Soojin stood there with an amused look on her face. Beside her was a woman she'd never seen. "She's the most beautiful woman I've ever seen..." She mumbled inn Thai. She had long black hair swept behind her ears. Her small thin nose and her honey brown eyes making Minnie want to melt. 

 

"I'm Miyeon I heard a bit about you from Soojin. She said you make the best coffee around. So I guess whatever you recommend would be good for me." She flashed a sweet smile at Minnie. The tall woman blushed nodding slowly unable to focus on the task at hand. She turned and looked at all the machines behind her. She wasn't a coffee drinker. She couldn't stand the taste or the way it smelled. She much preferred tea herself. But she had a lot of fun making it and experimenting with it for other people to drink. "What kind of stuff do you like Miyeon-shi? Sweet? Strong? Blonde?" The two women behind her giggled softly. Minnie looked confused. Shuhua leaned in and whispered. "You basically just described yourself Unnie." She walked to the counter. "I'm going on my break!" She clocked out and walked out into the main store. "JinJin I made your favorite!" Shuhua hugged the older woman who held her close kissing her forehead. "My sweetheart. Thank you." 

 

Minnie still blushing made the woman a caramel apple latte a delicate creamy caramel flavor paired with the strong tartness of the apple was a beautiful combination in theory anyway. "Here you go. On the house since I've never made it before. If you don't like it I'll make you something else." Minnie smiled at her. Miyeon took the drink and took a careful sip. The flavors washed over her tongue making her widen her eyes. "Whoa... How could I not like this it's amazing! I'll come here more often to be your lab rat if this is the kind of experiments you do." Minnie grinned happily. "Good to hear I work most days after my morning classes so..." Miyeon nodded and took another sip. "Same time tomorrow. What kind of classes are you taking Minnie-shi?" Minnie hummed and leaned on the counter in front of her. "Well first off let's not be so formal just call me Minnie please. And second I am majoring in architectural design and minoring in music theory. So I draw things and play piano." She shrugged as if it wasn't impressive. Miyeon furrowed her brows. "That's a lot Minnie. How do you manage to work as well?" Minnie smiled brightly. "My architect classes are online. And work at your own pace. I'm a semester ahead already. The trick is to do a little each day then a whole bunch on Sunday while I'm laying in bed recovering from Saturday." Miyeon laughed softly. "You really are amazing aren't you. Whoever your boyfriend is I'm sure he's very grateful to have you." Minnie crinkled her nose. "Do I give off that vibe? You're the second person today to think I'm straight." She stood up straight and looked at herself. "Is it the shirt?" Miyeon couldn't help but giggle as she saw the pout on Minnie's lips. "You look fine. It's just if you assume the wrong person is gay you could get in trouble... So no boyfriend how about a girlfriend?" Minnie shook her head. "I am hopeless at flirting. I get all nervous my palms sweat I stutter one time Shuhua swears I turned into a ghost I went so pale." Miyeon felt a grin tugging at her lips. "Cute. But we need to work on your confidence. You're a beautiful woman sweet and added bonus you're tall. What else could any young woman want?" Minnie blushed at the description. "Anyway I have to go..." She scribbled her number down on a napkin and give it to Minnie. "Text me I'll let you practice your flirting." 

 

Saturday came fast and Miyeon was knocking on Minnie and Yuqi's shared dorm. Minnie had thoroughly cleaned the dorm and kicked Yuqi out with a bag of snacks to share with Soyeon. She was ready. Minnie opened the door a pair of sweats and a crop top with her hair in a bun. "Hey sorry I'm a little messy. Come on make yourself at home." Miyeon walked into the dorm wide eyed. "This place is spotless..." Minnie blushed. "So I might have gone on a cleaning Frenzy and sent my roommate to her girlfriends dorm." Miyeon widened her eyes. "Wait is Yuqi your roommate?" Minnie nodded. "Yeah why? You know her?" Miyeon laughed and pointed to her phone screen where there was a picture of her making a face with Soyeon and Yuqi making out in the back. "I'm the roommate they're always grossing out." Minnie burst into laughter nearly falling over. "Oh my god that's the best background ever I need it!" Miyeon smirked playfully teasing. "If you want a picture of me all you have to do is ask." Minnie's face went white except a blushed creeping slowly up her cheeks. She looked at Miyeon pouting. "I-I thought you'd t-teach me how to f-flirt not t-torture me." Miyeon squished her cheeks and smiled. "I couldn't help it. I'll stop now." Minnie fanned herself then went to the kitchen. "Would you like anything to drink?" Miyeon hummed. "Do you have coffee?" Minnie shook her head. "I don't really like coffee. I've got tea?" Miyeon widened her eyes. "A barista who doesn't like coffee?" Minnie laughed softly. "I have fun creating it I just don't like it myself." Miyeon shook her head with a smile. "You Minnie are something else." Minnie grinned. "In a good way I hope?" Miyeon stared at her and nodded. "In a good way of course."

 

Within weeks Minnie had shifted her life to accommodate Miyeon. Instead of going out partying she now stayed home on her couch with the older woman in her arms. Yet another night like this and suddenly... "Hey Minnie..." Minnie looked down at the woman who had slowly shifted into her lap. She ran her fingers through her hair giving all of her attention to her. "I..." The words were at the top of her tongue. But she couldn't spit them out. "What's wrong Myeon? Are you feeling okay?" She noticed how red the woman's face had become. Minnie leaned down gently kissing her forehead checking for a fever. "I'll get you some medicine." Minnie attempted to get up but Miyeon pulled her back down. "I'm not sick I just..." She puffed her cheeks. "I want... I..." Minnie cupped her cheek looking into her eyes. Her thumb absentmindedly running across the older womans cheekbone. Miyeon sighed and covered her face. "I love..." She panicked. "...Shuhua!" Something flashed in Minnie's eyes as she removed her hand from Miyeon's cheek. "Oh uhh... You know she's dating Soojin your friend." Miyeon cursed herself silently. "Y-yeah that's why I'm embarrassed..." Minnie nodded and moved away from the other woman. "I have to go to the restroom I'll be back soon..." Minnie excused herself. 

 

Miyeon immediately called Soojin. "You know how I've been trying to confess to a certain someone for a while now?" Shuhua snorted. "What did you do Miyeon?" Soojin asked. She sighed. "I was going to tell her and I panicked and I kinda told her I'm in love with Shuhua." The younger woman made a gagging noise. "Sorry Miyeon you're not my type and my heart belongs to someone already." Soojin smiled and kissed Shuhua on the forehead. "Well Miyeon you're not going to be flirting with my baby so you better find a way to tell Minnie the truth." Shuhua hummed. "I like it when you call me your baby." Miyeon sighed. "You sure I can't just pretend to be in love with Shuhua?" Soojin glared at the phone. "If you don't tell her I will." Shuhua bit her lip. "JinJinah that's hot."

 

Minnie came out of the bathroom and saw Miyeon with her head on her hands. "Miyeon?" Minnie sat beside her rubbing her back. Miyeon looked at her with tears in her eyes. "Minnie... I'm scared..." Minnie pulled her into a hug holding her securely. "You have nothing to be scared of. You don't have to tell Shuhua about your feelings you can just move on maybe?" Miyeon cried harder burying her face in Minnie's shoulder. "I l-lied. I don't love Shuhua..." She backed away trying to wipe away her tears. She was scared she looked ugly. 

 

Minnie looked hurt. "Why would you lie to me? Especially about something like that..." Miyeon took her hand and sniffled. "Cause i-its you and I was scared to tell you. Cause-" Minnie cupped her cheeks and pulled her into a kiss. It took Miyeon a moment but she was soon reciprocating the kiss. Her eyes closed as she savored the feeling of the lips she had thought of multiple times. Her fingers curled into the loose sides of the woman's sweater. After a moment they broke the kiss but stayed close. Minnie smiled at her kissing all over her face her cheeks her chin her forehead. "I love you too I really really do." Miyeon sniffled as she stared to cry again. "Really really?" Minnie wiped her tears kissing just under both of her eyes. "Really really. Don't lie to me again please?" Miyeon nodded wiping her tears chuckling lightly. "I won't I promise. I was just scared." Miyeon leaned into Minnie resting her head on the girls chest. Minnie wrapped her arm around Miyeon playing with her hair. "Myeon. Ok didn't get to ask." Miyeon looked at her confused. "Ask what?" Minnie grinned at her. "Will you please be my coffee lab rat forever?" Miyeon laughed. "Yes I'll be your girlfriend and your lab rat. But you'll have to pay me with kisses." Minnie nuzzled her nose. "Sounds reasonable enough I'll think I'll manage."