Six

Another Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Byulie." Yong-sun giggles, wrapping her arms around Byul-yi's neck, "What are you up to?"

"Just finishing up my assignment," Byul-yi replies, turning her head to kiss her girlfriend on the cheek, "Why are you all giggly?" She asks, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm happy." The older girl says, pulling away from the back hug.

"What's made you so happy, my love?" Byul-yi questions as she typed in the last sentence to her essay and saved her work, before swiveling herself around to look at Yong-sun who was sitting on the bed, swinging her legs.

"You."

"Me?"

"You're the best thing that's ever happened to me." Yong-sun smiles warmly, reaching out to hold Byul-yi's hands in her own, "I love you."

"Y-you love me?" The taller girl stumbles over her words, surprised by Yong-sun's declaration of love for her.

She never expected for Yong-sun to say the three words first.

"Of course I do." Yong-sun responds, her heart thumping against her chest, "I've never been in love before, you're the first, and I want and wish for you to be the only person I'll ever love."

Byul-yi smiles and moves in to place a gentle kiss on Yong-sun's lips. Just like every other time they've kissed, Byul-yi feels Yong-sun smile against her lips. The younger girl adores and loves Yong-sun with every cell and fibre of her being, and she wished Yong-sun believed that.

Byul-yi pulls away and leans her forehead against her girlfriend's, dark brown orbs staring into those of the latter's.

"I love you too."

Yong-sun wakes up to the sound of her alarm. Without opening her eyes, she reaches over to her nightstand where her phone sits to stop the buzzing.

After a few minutes of procrastination, she finally opens her eyes, blinking a few times to adjust to the sunlight streaming in through the windows and curtains.

Usually, she'd be excited to get out of bed and get ready for work. However, going to work has been more of a chore than a joy lately and she'd rather stay at home, nestled under the warmth of her covers.

Just as she was about to drag herself out of bed, the memories of the dream she had came flashing through her mind.

Why did that feel so real?

With that thought etched to the back of her mind, Yong-sun got out of bed, washed up and got dressed for work. She walks to the kitchen and sees that Hye-jin's door is opened, her housemate nowhere in sight.

She must've left for work already.

Yong-sun pours herself a cup of coffee and looks out of the kitchen window into the street below her, still thinking about her dream. Initially, she attributed her dreams to her crush on Byul-yi. However, her dreams about Byul-yi hadn't gone away. With each dream, it became more realistic and she wonders if Byul-yi and her knew each other prior to her accident.

If we did know each other, why did she not mention anything?

Engrossed in her own thoughts, the lyricist took a sip of her coffee and placed the cup back on the counter.

Just then, Hye-jin comes in through the front door. She sees the silohuette of the older girl standing in the kitchen, staring into the distance, seemingly in her own bubble.

"Unnie." She says, closing the door behind her and putting her keys down on the shoe cabinet.

The younger girl removes her shoes and furrows her brows when there was no response from the other girl. She makes her way towards the kitchen, her socks muffling the sounds of her footsteps, "Unnie." She tries again, and yet, Yong-sun doesn't move an inch.

"Kim Yong-sun!" Hye-jin yells into Yong-sun's ear, resulting in her jumping and screaming back in the younger girl's face; Which ironically, gave her a shock and caused her to produce a shriek she can never recreate.

"Why are you screaming?" Yong-sun exclaims, one hand to her ear and the other to her chest where her heart is still racing.

"You scared me!" Hye-jin replies, her own heart pounding from the adrenaline that surged through her circulatory system.

"You scared me first, Hye-jin." Yong-sun responds calmly, trying to regulate her breathing, "Don' ever do that again, I might actually die from a heart attack."

"I did call for you a few times but you didn't respond," Hye-jin defends herself, leaning against the dining table behind her, "What's bothering you?"

"Nothing." Yong-sun shrugs, turning her back towards Hye-jin, trying to avoid the conversation.

"Don't bother lying, unnie," Hye-jin rolls her eyes dramatically, "You know I won't stop pestering you until you tell me the truth."

"You're like the little sister I wish -"

"You had?" Hye-jin interjects her sentence, "I know." She laughs playfully.

"I never had." Yong-sun corrects her, gaining a pout from the younger girl, "I have to leave for work." She adds, trying to leave the kitchen, "Or else I'll be late."

"I'm trying to a supportive friend to you," Hye-jin says, crossing her arms and standing in Yong-sun's way to stop her, "So tell me right now, what's wrong?"

"Byul-yi has been avoiding me." Yong-sun sighs, running her fingers through her hair, "It's frustrating because I want to talk it out with her but all she does is run away, literally?"

Hye-jin almost

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter