Ten

Another Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Unnie, I'm home!"

The familiar voice belonging to Yong-sun's roommate rang through the apartment.

"." Yong-sun mutters under her breath, quickly moving Byul-yi out of the way before jumping off the counter, "She isn't supposed to be back until tonight." She adds, smoothing out her clothes. 

Byul-yi smirks, crossing her arms, "It's hot when you curse." 

"Yah, be serious." Yong-sun says, the foot steps of Hye-jin getting louder as she got closer to the kitchen, "Also, act normal." She instructs, cleaning up the plates set on the island. 

Byul-yi frowns, "What do you mean? I'm always normal."

Just then, Hye-jin enters the kitchen, her eyes glued to her phone, "Unnie, do you happen to have any left overs? I'm hungry - oh. my. god." 

"Hye-jin, we were just -" 

"Is that Moon Byul-yi standing in our kitchen?" The youngest girl gasps, her eyes darting between her roommate and the "stranger" standing in front of her. 

Byul-yi extends her hand with a warm smile, "Hello, please call me Byul-yi. You must be Hye-jin." 

"Hello, it's nice to finally meet you." Hye-jin responds, taking Byul-yi's hand in hers. 

"Finally meet me?" The older girl chuckles, looking at Yong-sun with a raised eyebrow. 

Yong-sun's face flushed bright pink, "Anyway, aren't you supposed to be home only tonight?" She asks, trying to change the subject. 

"Why? Did I come in at a bad time? Were you two getting it on?" Hye-jin says with a suggestive look, causing Byul-yi's face to heat up.

"Ahn Hye-jin, we were doing nothing of those sorts!" The oldest girl was quick to defend Byul-yi and herself, "It's all innocent, okay?" 

"Yeah sure, only a person who's drunk would say they're aren't drunk." Hye-jin points out, swinging her bag over her shoulder, "I'll just be in my room if you need me," She adds, picking up a granola bar from the pantry, "not that you'll need me anytime soon, seeing you have company." 

Yong-sun sighs, shaking her head with disapproval, "Just why do you have to make it weird?" 

"I'm not," The younger girl responds as she walks out of the kitchen, turning her head slightly to meet eyes with the couple with a smile, "It's only weird if you make it weird." She laughs, knowing what she said is going to mess with Yong-sun's head - in a joking manner, of course. 

"What?" Yong-sun frowns, diverting her attention to Byul-yi, "Wasn't that what I said but rephrased?" 

Byul-yi laughs, her eyes filled with adoration for the girl standing in front of her, "So... what did she mean by its nice to finally meet me?" She asks. 

"It's nothing." Yong-sun brushes it off, placing the plates into the sink. 

Byul-yi tugs at Yong-sun's sleeve, a pout on her face, "Unnie." She whines, "Tell me." 

"Fine." The older girl huffs, giving in, "Hye-jin knows about my feelings for you, that's it." 

"And that's enough to make her want to meet me?" Byul-yi questions, knowing there's more to the story than what Yong-sun is telling. 

"Because I told her quite a bit about you," The older girl admits, biting on her lower lip, "about what happened between us before we started," She says, directing her finger between Byul-yi and herself, "this."

The younger girl nods her head, "I see." She says, relieved that Yong-sun has someone she can pour her heart out to without judgement. 

"Are we dating?" The lyricist blurts out of nowhere, breaking the comfortable silence that had fallen between them. 

Taken aback by the sudden question, surprise flashed across Byul-yi's face but was quickly replaced with a warm smile, "Do you want us to be?" 

"Yes, of course." Yong-sun replies without hesitation, "What do you think?"

"I would love to." 

"Good." Yong-sun chuckles, a grin that she's unable to wipe off on her face. 

The two girls spend the rest of their morning cuddling in bed, and watching a movie that the CEO was appalled to find out the girl in her arms hadn't watched before. 

Just a little before the clock struck twelve, they decided it was time for the grocery run Yong-sun had intended to do. 

Pushing a trolley down the fresh produce aisle, Byul-yi followed behind Yong-sun as she picked out the fruits she wanted for the week. 

"I can't believe you decided that the Lion King was boring even before you watched it." 

"It was only because it was so overrated Byul." Yong-sun states, picking up a bag of apples and placing it in the cart, "But I've changed my mind about it now, isn't that what's important?" 

Byul-yi snakes her arms around Yong-sun's waist and rests her head on the girl's shoulder, "Do you think you'll ever change your mind about me?"

The smaller girl frowns and spins herself around so she was facing Byul-yi, "Why would you ask that?" 

Because you once changed your mind about me. 

"Just curious." Byul-yi shrugs, trying to push the invasive thought away, "I mean, you never know, right?" 

"Only a fool would give you up, Moon Byul-yi." Yong-sun says, moving a few pieces of stray hair out of Byul-yi's face and behind her ear. 

What a pretty fool you were, YeBa. Byul-yi smiles, trying to hide the sadness behind her eyes. She nods and gestures for them to continue on the grocery shopping. 

"Byulie?" 

The girl hums, scanning the aisle of vegetables, wondering if she needed some for her own place. 

"Do you want to stay again tonight?" She asks shyly, taking a peek at the taller girl's face to see her reaction. 

"You want me to stay another night?" Byul-yi replies, pleasantly surprised that Yong-sun wanted to spend the rest of her weekend with her. 

"Do you want me to?" 

"Of course I do Yong." The younger girl assured her, interlacing their hands and giving it a gentle squeeze, "If I could I would spend every second of my time with you." 

Yong-sun chortles, "Greasy." 

"But you like it though, don't you?" The CEO teases, getting a light smack on her arm, "Come on, let's get this done and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter